Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really feel like shovelware devs have stopped trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'm all about garbage steam games, and buying them. like "yet another tower defense" i hope "yet another zombie defense" is garbage

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If the loving creator of the game won't stand by it and gives it a self-deprecating title, that's a pretty safe bet.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

I really feel like shovelware devs have stopped trying.

only $2.19 CDN?

what a deal!!!!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Isn't that by Yet Another Zombie Game guy who made it years ago and made a lot of money off the title?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

If the loving creator of the game won't stand by it and gives it a self-deprecating title, that's a pretty safe bet.

Part of me wants to believe anyone who would name their game something like that would actually be making something really kooky and innovative, but since it is definitely a zombie defense game, well...

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

"yet another xxxxx" has been a goto name for unimaginative programmers forever http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yacc

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Pladdicus posted:

Isn't that by Yet Another Zombie Game guy who made it years ago and made a lot of money off the title?

This seems to be the studio's breakout hit.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

But it's got such an innovative little slogan underneath, really unique and flavorful.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So how long does everyone reckon "episodic adventure games" are gonna be the hotness

I hope it's long enough that eventually I don't have to wait more than a week between episodes of the 30 different ones I'm playing at any given moment

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

precision posted:

So how long does everyone reckon "episodic adventure games" are gonna be the hotness

I hope it's long enough that eventually I don't have to wait more than a week between episodes of the 30 different ones I'm playing at any given moment

if you're looking for another one, MY HUSBAND was playing one that looked pretty alright last night, i think it was called "life is strange". i wasn't a fan of the voice acting, but the plot is interesting.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i already played that one and loved it. MY GIRLFRIEND likes to watch me play adventure games and she thought it was pretty good too

i hope episode 2 of Game of Thrones is good, just finished downloading :wooper:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
super metroid on the gamepad is pretty much the best thing ever

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Excels posted:

super metroid on the gamepad is pretty much the best thing ever

I played NES Metroid almost exclusively on the game pad and it was loving radical. I intend to do the same with Super and Fusion after Prime Trilogy. My life is cool. :cool:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

February 2015 is the month of Fórmula TRUCK Simulador Oficial 2013

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

i already played that one and loved it. MY GIRLFRIEND likes to watch me play adventure games and she thought it was pretty good too

i hope episode 2 of Game of Thrones is good, just finished downloading :wooper:
New Game of Thrones is pretty good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i can't imagine playing the original metroid without save states.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Original Metroid hasn't aged well at all, Zero Mission is so much better.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Accordion Man posted:

New Game of Thrones is pretty good.

:agreed: much better episode than the first one

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Holy poo poo, the sewer level in Wolfenstein 2014 is total garbage. I really want to like this game, but there's so much dumb poo poo that it's hard for me to enjoy it.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

Original Metroid hasn't aged well at all, Zero Mission is so much better.

Maybe you need rose colored glasses to enjoy it, but I do enjoy it. I play through Metroid about once every year, and I always have a good time doing so. My favorite Kraid strategy is jamming into him with my face while spamming missiles after grabbing the E-tank.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VaultAggie posted:

Holy poo poo, the sewer level in Wolfenstein 2014 is total garbage. I really want to like this game, but there's so much dumb poo poo that it's hard for me to enjoy it.

the wu tang secret is that the new wolfenstein isn't actually that good and goons go mad over mediocre poo poo all the time

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
for example everyone gets mad at you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

chaos rhames posted:

for example everyone gets mad at you

exctly

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

VaultAggie posted:

Wolfenstein 2009 by Raven Software was really good, I don't know why people completely ignored it but turned their inferior, gimmicky Singularity into a cult game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Stux posted:

the wu tang secret is that the new wolfenstein isn't actually that good and goons go mad over mediocre poo poo all the time

The actual secret is everyone's opinion is poo poo. There are just differing levels of it.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I got tricked by goons on Far Cry 4 and Elite: Dangerous in 2014, I bought Wolfenstein the other day and I'm hoping it isn't poo poo and stux is just being stux

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

I got tricked by goons on Far Cry 4 and Elite: Dangerous in 2014, I bought Wolfenstein the other day and I'm hoping it isn't poo poo and stux is just being stux

Elite Dangerous I can understand, but i'm surprised you didn't like Far Cry 4. That game was so much fun.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Far Cry 4 has a lot of good pieces but they all got Ubisoft'd together into a complete package that is pretty mediocre. The story missions are insanely bad and like all Ubisoft games after about 4 hours the soulless open world grinding stuff that they shoved in stopped being fun.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Only game I can think of I played because of goon recommendations but didn't like was Titan Quest. The game has basically no decent AoE skill so you can 'enjoy' clicking every single mob. Note that it's a diablo-like ARPG so that sounds as annoying as it is. The ragdoll physics might've been neat back when it was released but it was a bit too static for my liking. I did like that the setting wasn't typical grimdark fantasy though.

Sometimes goons recommend games I know I won't like because of the genre (MMORPGs lmao) but generally if a lot of goons like something I have enjoyed it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Stux posted:

See: Every new MMO ever made.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my goon recommendation i didn't care for was okami. there were like a billion posts in the twilight princess thread saying "this game is garbage! bloom lighting! play okami instead, it's just like zelda, only way better!"

okami was interesting but it was not at all like zelda and just didn't appeal to me.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So my primary source of gaming news for a while has been Joystiq. Joystiq is going under. I require a Joystiq replacement. Somebody help me out.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

loquacius posted:

So my primary source of gaming news for a while has been Joystiq. Joystiq is going under. I require a Joystiq replacement. Somebody help me out.

Stop caring about gaming news.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

elf help book posted:

Stop caring about gaming news.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

loquacius posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games >

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

precision posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games >

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I just type "Elder Scrolls 6" into Google every day and click on the "news" tab.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

This reminded me to check Club Nintendo to see if any good downloadable 3DS games are up for purchase with coins, and there are a metric gently caress ton of them now out of nowhere, but I'm 50 coins short of being able to grab Link's Awakening DX.

:negative:

I guess I could get Super Mario Land 2 tho :wooper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I really had a lot of fun with Wolfenstein, great game

Edit: Wolfenstein and Far Cry 4 aren't goon phenomena, those games got great word of mouth everywhere. In fact this is the only place I've seen real hate on them

Fergus Mac Roich fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 5, 2015

• Locked thread