Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freethought
Feb 24, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Force Unleashed 2 was a victim of Lucasarts shutting down. It was the bare minimum of a game and right after the release they shut down the studio.

Force Unleashed 2 was a victim of it's own development.

edit: Here's a bunch of Episode VII Rumors - http://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/star-wars-force-awakens-main-cast-rumors-galore/

I don't know if the EU has just messed up my calibration for poo poo that is far too awful to be believable, but that's all too terrible to be true, right?

freethought fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The force unleashed sucks, if you want to throw people around with your mind get Psy Ops. it's not star wars related at all, but you can take over people's minds and make them shoot themselves in the head.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

The best thing they did with force unleashed were the what ifs where Vader sends you to Hoth to murder Luke in empire

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I had a friend who beat the game but didn't realize you could punt Jawas. :(

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They didn't make anymore X-Wing Vs Tie Fighters because it would require them to make a good game.

Dec 26, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I was particularly fond of the insulting text that some LucasArts employee added to one of the files in the original release of X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter.

awhile back they released the source code for i think jedi knight 2 and the comments in the code were fantastic

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

oohhboy posted:

They didn't make anymore X-Wing Vs Tie Fighters because it would require them to make a good game.

They don't make that series because the genre died.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i for one look forward to the future where everything is mobas

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I wonder how it feels to grow up worshipping Lucas and then getting a job at Lucas Arts

And then finding out he is the least creative person in the room, always

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ElGroucho posted:

I wonder how it feels to grow up worshipping Lucas and then getting a job at Lucas Arts

And then finding out he is the least creative person in the room, always

Or animating Jar Jar.
You just spent hours of your life listening to 'ewww icky poo doo' over and over and over again matching the audio with the animations you are assigned to do, and George takes 3 seconds look at it and says 'Needs to be more comical'.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

happyhippy posted:

Or animating Jar Jar.
You just spent hours of your life listening to 'ewww icky poo doo' over and over and over again matching the audio with the animations you are assigned to do, and George takes 3 seconds look at it and says 'Needs to be more comical'.

Jar Jar's the key to all this, if we get Jar Jar working. 'Cause he's a funnier character than we've ever had in the movies...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, no one uses joysticks anymore, but they could make a controller-based x-wing game.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, no one uses joysticks anymore, but they could make a controller-based x-wing game.

You mean Rogue Squadron?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

MrJacobs posted:

You mean Rogue Squadron?

You mean Star Wars: Starfighter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Starfighter

quote:

The Profiteer begins falling apart as soon as the mercenary's ship is destroyed, which forces Rhys to blow a generator in the hangar bay. The shield is lowered, and Rhys escapes the doomed vessel. This supposedly takes place at the same time Anakin is inside of the ship in a different bay, as numerous quotes reference Anakin's Starfighter destroying and leaving the ship.

So Anakin being an amazing pilot destorying the ship solo was retconned 2 years later in the game.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

did anyone ever play star wars droid works? that game was the bomb

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i remember this one game from the mid 90s, it was a top down isometric, simple graphics game and you explored this planet or something. i wonder what it was called, we played the poo poo out of it at school

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

PostNouveau posted:

Can I get a game where I pilot an AT-ST with my old Steel Battalion controller?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Dyna Soar posted:

i remember this one game from the mid 90s, it was a top down isometric, simple graphics game and you explored this planet or something. i wonder what it was called, we played the poo poo out of it at school

Yoda Stories?

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

FirstPersonShitter posted:

did anyone ever play star wars droid works? that game was the bomb

Yeah mate, i think it was on the dark forces 2 engine? lovely stuff

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PostNouveau posted:

Tons of spergs playing War Thunder dragged out their joysticks.

The first Jedi Knight is my favorite, but I do like how Raven Software included their Soldier of Fortune mode into Jedi Knight II with a cheat code. Decapitations and dismemberment.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Korun

The Korunnai version of a shrug was to tilt the head a centimeter to the right. Their phrase for nonsense was 'tusker poop'.

Hahaha

Their culture was based on four pillars—Honor, Duty, Family, Herd. They are in order from least important to most important. The first pillar is Honor, which meant obligation to yourself and act with integrity. Speaking the truth is important for the first pillar, as well as fighting with no fear, and love without reservation. Greater than the first is the second pillar, Duty, which meant obligation to others. The second pillar suggested that one must do his or her own job and work hard. Obey the elders. Stand by your Ghôsh. Greater still is the third pillar, which surrounded one's family. In detail, the third pillar mentioned that one must care for his or her parents with love. Not only that but teach your children and defend your family's blood. Greatest of all is the fourth pillar, Herd, for it is on the grasser herds that the life of the ghôsh depends. Ghôsh families are more important than duty; duty outweighs your honor, but nothing is more important than your herd. If the well-being of the herd requires the sacrifice of one's honor, then that person must sacrifice it. If it requires a person to shirk his or her duty, then so be it.

Do you think mace windu ever performed an honor killing on a shameful family or clan member? Or was George imagining him to be a Black samurai?

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

Wedemeyer posted:

Stand by your Ghôsh.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MrJacobs posted:

You mean Rogue Squadron?

I can't put my finger on why, but those Rogue Squadron, Jedi Starfighter games weren't half the games that X-wing and Tie Fighter were.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

PostNouveau posted:

I can't put my finger on why, but those Rogue Squadron, Jedi Starfighter games weren't half the games that X-wing and Tie Fighter were.

Console games. And they tried to have too much of a story rather than just a military campaign.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
When I first heard about TFU2 and how you play a clone of the main character I thought 'hmmm, I guess they will tie together the Darth Plagueis stuff with Dark Empire'

Nope, they were just being lazy with assets and made no effort with the plot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah unfortunately those space shooter sims all died out around 2003 or so. I remember that a great one, Freespace 2, ended up costing the studio a ton to make and it failed to sell. I mean the last X-Wing game was made in 2000.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Dont worry guys star citizen will be out eventually

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

im so tired of all these star citizens

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Sheev did nothing wrong.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

#breatheasy dont resist arrest

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRtXd1eiH-s

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
not lettin this die

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Hit random. Got:

quote:

Crodium was a hard precious metal mined on Terephon used in making security fences. It was refined to plate other metals. If exposed to the elements for too long, it could tarnish.

Why does this poo poo need its own page?

quote:

The Brentaal Academy was a school on the planet Brentaal IV, established by 24 ABY. The historian Vilnau Teupt delivered the keynode address for the 412th Proceedings of Galactic Anthropology and History in 24 ABY at the academy.

Who the gently caress cares? Who wrote this poo poo and said yes this is good necessary information on the internet

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jim_Nielsen

hahaha

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Rebel_Pilot_(Advisor)

click this please.

quote:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Squall
Squalls were small lagomorphs native to the planet of Chandrila. These fur-covered creatures were known for having long ears, and a distinctive hopping gait. On average, they weighed about 5 kg and reached lengths of around 30 to 40 cm.

RABBITS. THEIR loving BUNNIES

quote:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EX-222
EX-222 was a stormtrooper group leader of the Galactic Empire.

Literally just a pic of a stormtrooper from a video game. That's it.

quote:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Solo_Project

"No such heresy will take place in the Solo Project. The process with Jacen Solo is precisely the opposite: he will remain fully human, yet acknowledge and proclaim the Truth. We will not have to alter or destroy him in any way. We merely demonstrate; he will do the rest himself."
―Nom Anor[src]
The Solo Project was the attempt, headed by Nom Anor, by the Yuuzhan Vong to break the will of Jacen Solo and convincing him into accepting the True Way. Theoretically, this would have allowed the Vong to hasten their conquest of the galaxy by opening the way for 'peaceful' conversion of the rest of the population. However, with the help of Vergere, Jacen not only thwarted the project's goals, but tricked his would-be masters into believing that he had accepted, only to then betray them by bonding with the World Brain of Yuuzhan'tar and using that bond to sabotage the Vongforming of Coruscant.

oh geez.

I'll leave you with this sexybeast

LORD STRYFE.Not to be confused with lord stryde fyi

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Went to a taping of @midnight recently, where they played a game called "NPR host or minor star wars character." Greg Proops was playing that night, and upon seeing his own character's name his first words were "gently caress you."

Sadly, they cut the segment out in post.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

That makes me want to see how long it would take for a wookiepedia article that goes into exhaustive detail about Davar Ardalan, rebel operative would stay up.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I want the KOTOR games to go on sale again. Pretty sure I did a playthrough without a lightsabre but I want to do it again. Akimbo pistols, shooting up some Sandpeople.

Another pro KOTOR strategy was to not level up until you got off the first planet and unlocked the jedi skill tree and got mad Jedi skills from the get go, then make Not-Chewie murder his best friend.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Then I have good news for you. Until Tuesday you can get KOTOR1 for $1 and for $12 you get KOTOR2 as well and a whole lot of star wars games of various quality on the humble bundle.

Namarrgon fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 12, 2015

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You can get KOTOR on Android now :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You have found the shatterpoint to my heart, m'lady.

• Locked thread