Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

I remain disappointed that we didn't get "Field 37: Castlevania" or something like that.

When they saw the castle I did hum the little introduction they do for the first game to myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Actually can I say that I'm really disappointed by the explanation for Assimilation?

"He, uh, he hypnotizes himself with a placibo effect and that makes his Gundam stronger but hurts him back" somehow feels more bullshit than "magic particles did it."

Yeah, although it does mean we might actually get something vaguely like all that speculative comparison to Van Fanel and Escaflowne's damage. *shrug* Except I imagine he'll overcome this with willpower too...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's kind of sad that even though Yuuma and Fumina have dramatically improved as characters, Sekai is still boring as hell. I miss Reiji.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

This episode hit me with a nocebo effect

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Why do you walk into a castle you know the enemy is in when you know you have the ability to blow up the moon?

Personally I like to think that the Moon is actually quite easy to destroy by Gunpla standards, at least on surface fields, simply having some arbitrary HP count because Nils figured nobody would be absurd enough to somehow accidentally shoot the moon when they're supposed to fighting on a virtual Earth.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
You know, I think I like the explanation that Shia is all :swoon: over Sekai purely because he's the first guy she recognizes on her level who is:

1) Not her brother.
2) Not a huge jerk.
3) Actually well meaning and nice.

2 and 3 are not mutually exclusive. Sekai is so generally gormless and good spirited it's not really shocking that half the population wants to take him home.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The initial trailer for this show explicitly had Ramba Ral describe it as a Romantic Comedy in a surprised tone of voice. I'm actually expecting at least 1 more person to be added to Sekai's Love Queue.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So what Gundam show is that spooky castle from? So far, every battleground has been from a Gundam show, even the generic ones.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Broken Loose posted:

The initial trailer for this show explicitly had Ramba Ral describe it as a Romantic Comedy in a surprised tone of voice. I'm actually expecting at least 1 more person to be added to Sekai's Love Queue.

The original BF was a romantic comedy too. That isn't anyone's objection.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So what Gundam show is that spooky castle from? So far, every battleground has been from a Gundam show, even the generic ones.

It was filled with SD Gundam statues, so presumably one of those.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ImpAtom posted:

The original BF was a romantic comedy too. That isn't anyone's objection.

Yea, the problem is that it's indulging in the worst tendencies of anime romance where Build Fighters was actually slightly progressive in that Sei and China acknowledged each other's feelings and developed a relationship, however simple and innocent over the course of the show. Reiji was a bit of a dunce towards Aila admittedly, but most of the other cast had relationships develop in the background too, including the villain. In Try it's basically all centered around one guy who has no realization or interest and it's just kind of...well, poo poo. It's basically there to feed some jokes occasionally rather than to do anything interesting or fun. Yuuma does have a crush on Mirai, but even that hasn't gotten much focus lately. Having Gyanko focus on Simon instead of Sekai and Fumina actually develop a relationship with Sekai instead would be so much better than what we have right now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Even with the best of my Google Fu, all I could find is that there is a Gundam Castle in one of the SD Gundam series... but it's an eastern-style one.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Even with the best of my Google Fu, all I could find is that there is a Gundam Castle in one of the SD Gundam series... but it's an eastern-style one.
Looks like the one from The :japan:SENGUKO:japan:Astray's Blade finals episode in Season 1.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

That dragon looks dumb.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

"Really awkward looking transformation" is basically one of the charms of SDs.

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012

:nws:

As for Sekai not blowing up the castle, it would just be a huge waste of particles since they'd then have to deal with the resulting debris with just two Gunpla. Rushing into the castle made sense because waiting would have given the triples a chance to plant more poo poo to deal with.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

How did three SDs turn into something that large? (I know, I know, drama.)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hey guy if it was to normal scale it would only be slightly taller than the burning I think.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Green Intern posted:

How did three SDs turn into something that large? (I know, I know, drama.)

They're basically playing a programmable computer game. Once their Gunpla is scanned in to the system everything else is really just holographic computer generated graphics to make things pretty and cool. They set the system to accept the transformation and it displays it in a specific way despite the fact it's not physically possible because it's cool. They really could have picked a better design though.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Plavsky Particles literally move the models. The suits themselves are not holograms.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ethiser posted:

Plavsky Particles literally move the models. The suits themselves are not holograms.

No, but all the weapons fire, explosions and other effects are, including the partsforming more than likely. Underneath the hologram the SD dragon is probably still 3 SD suits standing on each other's shoulders or something, mecha-shiva style.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
A good example is the Build Burning Gundam at the end of the fight where he blew up the moon. The system showed the Build Burning's arms literally shattering into tons of small pieces, but once the battle ended and the system shut down, you could see its arms were still perfectly intact due to being on damage level B. Or was it C? Either way, it was on a damage level where the model itself never actually takes any real damage.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BlitzBlast posted:

"Really awkward looking transformation" is basically one of the charms of SDs.

My friend got me an SD Neo Zeong for christmas and I did not know the Sinanju could do that. It's adorable.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If you don't think that the Tryon 3 is physically combining during its match you are a monster. Also there is some form of realness to the weapons since Sei and Reiji were able to punch apart the giant crystal at the end of the first season.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

W.T. Fits posted:

A good example is the Build Burning Gundam at the end of the fight where he blew up the moon. The system showed the Build Burning's arms literally shattering into tons of small pieces, but once the battle ended and the system shut down, you could see its arms were still perfectly intact due to being on damage level B. Or was it C? Either way, it was on a damage level where the model itself never actually takes any real damage.

But now they're on A, which would indicate to me that this poo poo is for real.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ethiser posted:

If you don't think that the Tryon 3 is physically combining during its match you are a monster. Also there is some form of realness to the weapons since Sei and Reiji were able to punch apart the giant crystal at the end of the first season.

The Tryon-3's not the issue though, and besides that's a pretty basic mechanical conversion. We're talking about an actual size discrepancy in the SD-R's SD's going from three small gunpla to one colossal dragon towering over their opponent.

Also, I had the same thought about the castle; If you know all three of them are lurking inside, level the motherfucker.

Green Intern posted:

The arms melting off doesn't happen anymore, and I don't know why people expect it to. The whole point of the upgrade to the Try Burning was to prevent that happening again.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Green Intern posted:

The assumption would be that on A the damage would be real, while on C the damage was simulated (but still visible in the system). There are tons of examples of the battle system projecting things that are't necessarily there, most notably being the entire loving environment in which they fight.

Ethiser posted:

Unlike the SD Gundams the Tryon 3 was undoubtably lovingly crafted by Sakai to be able to physically do its transformation, I also think you see it in its combined form after the match, which would rule out the shenanigans that are happening with the SD's.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Tryon-3's transformation is basically the ZZ's given a slightly Super Robotty upgrade. It probably can actually do it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

The Tryon-3's transformation is basically the ZZ's given a slightly Super Robotty upgrade. It probably can actually do it.

Wasn't there a statement that a kit was coming, or that they were at least trying to make one?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wasn't there a statement that a kit was coming, or that they were at least trying to make one?

I think it qualifies as a warcrime if they don't, so for their sakes I hope so.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Tryon-3's not the issue though, and besides that's a pretty basic mechanical conversion. We're talking about an actual size discrepancy in the SD-R's SD's going from three small gunpla to one colossal dragon towering over their opponent.

The dragon transformation isn't super complicated. It is just Gundam Lego pieces coming apart and being put together differently and until we actually see the dragon interact with Team Try Fighters it seems not crazy to assume that it was giant because this is a cartoon so a dramatic shot of your enemy being larger than you is totally acceptable. Or maybe they got in the spirit of Super Robots and mixed in some plastic from a Braiger model that lets them change size.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This:

Has not gotten enough love in here. I look forward to angry Fumina literally and figuratively carrying her team next episode.

I also like that Star Winning's funnels aren't just the usual swarm of tiny pea shooters, but bigass cannons.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yup. HG Tryon-3 coming whenever they figure out how to make it stand in place. At least well enough to sell it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Umi and Sora Tryon are almost exactly the ZZ's Top and Bottom flyers, so they're practically 90% done. All they need to do is get Riku Tryon going.

Half the joke of the Tryon 3 is in fact that the ZZ's transformation is basically already a super robot's. Like, the only thing the Tryon 3 actually changed was the lion component.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 5, 2015

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

chumbler posted:

This:

Has not gotten enough love in here. I look forward to angry Fumina literally and figuratively carrying her team next episode.

I also like that Star Winning's funnels aren't just the usual swarm of tiny pea shooters, but bigass cannons.

Yeah, that was my favorite part of the episode.

Badass Fumina makes me all :swoon::hf::allears:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Between Karima and the triplets, I love how Wilfrid keeps tabs on everyone who has a long-standing beef with him or Gunpla Academy as a whole.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

This:

That was awesome :allears:.

On a side-note, anyone else noticed that (ED aside) they very quietly got rid of the skintight workout clothes?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Level Slide posted:

Between Karima and the triplets, I love how Wilfrid keeps tabs on everyone who has a long-standing beef with him or Gunpla Academy as a whole.

A meticulous nature and a cheat sheet hidden in his ponytail.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That was awesome :allears:.

On a side-note, anyone else noticed that (ED aside) they very quietly got rid of the skintight workout clothes?

I have a sneaking suspicion they'll be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That is not how i expected the dragon to work...

• Locked thread