Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Richard Bong posted:

"Holy poo poo ssgt. Gonna be pissed, I'm in dude."

look at that fuckin haircut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Hahahaha that is rad as hell.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Worth any punishment they dish out.

Also that haircut is the lowest reg I have ever seen and I super approve.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Ya'll see a low reg.

I just see dog tags.

BOOT BOOT BOOT BOOT BOOT BOOT BOOT

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Hahahaha that is rad as hell.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Ya'll see a low reg.

I just see dog tags.

BOOT BOOT BOOT BOOT BOOT BOOT BOOT

nah hes prolly some airwinger pog where rockin the tags is cool or some weird poo poo

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
even if he's a boot, he's doin it right.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
http://gfycat.com/SphericalHappygoluckyBighornsheep

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Allāhu Asteroid!

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Mike-o posted:

even if he's a boot, he's doin it right.

Other than his mistake of joining in the first place dude's got a point.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The Kurds seem like a good-time-havin group of people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzqHx7veNjo

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Omi-Polari posted:

I'd dance a jig with those nice Kurds.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Omi-Polari posted:

How many sniper kills do you think that 12-year-old girl racked up

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

How many sniper kills do you think that 12-year-old girl racked up

Enough that when asked about Chris Kyle she just rolls her eyes and says "that bitch poser".

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

look at that fuckin haircut

Dollars to donuts he's a corpsman

HelpImARock3
May 27, 2010

Don't get treed by a Chihuahua

Omi-Polari posted:

Kurds are rad as hell

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
We said that about some other groups who shot dudes we didn't like a while back as well.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Daktari posted:

We said that about some other groups who shot dudes we didn't like a while back as well.

"Kurds are rad as hell as long as they're aimed at someone else" didn't test as well with Marketing.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Met a Kurd at the bar the other day. He was shocked that I didn't hate them. Told me where to get REAL falafels. And I told him kurdish chicks are hot as gently caress too.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009

Master Bateman posted:

kurdish chicks are hot as gently caress too.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

At least they used an actual black guy for the photo that time, I think. WWII propaganda directed at black soldiers was either hilariously racist drawings or edited blackface.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Apparently King Abdullah of Jordan's been bombing ISIS himself, and is gonna keep doing so.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Could you imagine if Bush had landed on that carrier after personally dropping JDAMs?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Slim Pickens posted:

Apparently King Abdullah of Jordan's been bombing ISIS himself, and is gonna keep doing so.

Let's just say I'm extremely skeptical of any "news" to come out of the meeting he allegedly had with the HASC, since the sole source of all the info seems to be Duncan Hunter, and the general thrust of it seems to be "look at this awesome King, he hates terrorists unlike that terrorist loving Kenyan Muslim Obummer."

I'm not doubting that Abdullah is pretty fed up with ISIS, I"m just saying that the whole "and then he quoted Clint Eastwood, threw on sunglasses, popped a wheelie, and rode out of the room" story from Hunter seems a little too good (from his/the GOP's perspective) to be true.

Also the Jordanians would have to be loving ludicrous to put Abdullah over ISIS territory in a single-engined Viper.

e: I'll also mention that the only people who seem to be reporting on this are Fox, the Washington Examiner, the Daily Caller, and NewsMax...LIEberal media bias or a non-credible story? You decide on that one.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Jordanian pilots don't actually wear cotton loving uniforms to fly, do they?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

I'm assuming that's a stock photo of Abdullah in some military gear that NewsMax and co. drug up to support their totally accurate and not in any way made up or exaggerated story.

Because yeah, pretty sure everyone who flies fighters wears some version of Nomex flight-suits. Every picture I've seen of Jordan (and Saudi, and Emirati, etc) fighter pilots is wearing nomex.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I remember hearing Abdullah held some sort of flight qual back in his Prince days, (nevermind, that was Hussein, his predecessor) but I think even the most loyal head of the Air/Armed Forces is going to steer his 53 year old boss away from a cockpit when he gets his blood up. Never let your General (or King) get tactical on you.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 5, 2015

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dead Reckoning posted:

I remember hearing Abdullah held some sort of flight qual back in his Prince days, (nevermind, that was Hussein, his predecessor) but I think even the most loyal head of the Air/Armed Forces is going to steer his 53 year old boss away from a cockpit when he gets his blood up. Never let your General (or King) get tactical on you.

Yeah that's right, Abdullah isn't even a pilot.

I for one am shocked that those notable reputable news sources are just making poo poo up.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
If the King of Jordan personally exploding the barbarian Prince of Nineveh is mere propaganda then I don't want to be right.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

Why do you think he burned so well? :v:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Hopefully the Jordanians will be wrapping their bombs in Bacon now.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Slim Pickens posted:

I'm going to admit that when I saw this pic, I initially thought it was a set photo of Col. Quaritch from Avatar.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

It's a weird thing with some Americans that have limited knowledge of Jordan. They like to hype up the Royals military service like it's some super street cred, all without really having any idea what the gently caress they're talking about or that a lot of their accomplishments are amped up to make them look more tougher or whatever to their populace.

A girl I knew wouldn't shut up about how the crown prince went through airborne school or some poo poo and how that was amazing. I laughed and said it really wasn't that big of a deal to go through airborne school.

It's almost similar to how people like to slobber all over how manly Putin is.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Don't basically all royal families have a tradition of military service? The Windsors do at least.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Abdullah actually did military service for real. He joined the British Army after getting his expensive Western education and was the commander of the Jordanian Special Forces in the 90s. He became Major General by the time he was 36, so you can assume some serious nepotism/rear end-kissing because of him being a prince.

He's a good king, most things considered, and has generally been beneficial to Jordan; his regime has mostly been marked by the nation expanding human rights, liberalizing the economy and politics, and becoming wealthier. There's just very little chance that the man has ever been in the seat of a bomber, let alone personally leading strikes against terrorism.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Kavak posted:

Don't basically all royal families have a tradition of military service? The Windsors do at least.

It's been talked about in this thread or the last but I'm pretty sure Harry was blasting talibans in an Apache in Afghanistan. Don't know if there's any other royalty that's actually participated in fighting in modern times.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Didn't a Roosevelt land in Normandy? Not quite royalty, but I'm sure he had the opportunity to ride out the war in Washington or something.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
His uncle was fishing drowning pilots and soldiers out of the South Atlantic during the Falklands war in SAR helicopters while the Argies were actively trying to shoot them down. He also served as an Excocet decoy after 3-4 British ships had already been sunk with Excocets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Andrew,_Duke_of_York#Falklands_War

He also likes to diddle underage girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

It's a weird thing with some Americans that have limited knowledge of Jordan. They like to hype up the Royals military service like it's some super street cred, all without really having any idea what the gently caress they're talking about or that a lot of their accomplishments are amped up to make them look more tougher or whatever to their populace.

A girl I knew wouldn't shut up about how the crown prince went through airborne school or some poo poo and how that was amazing. I laughed and said it really wasn't that big of a deal to go through airborne school.

It's almost similar to how people like to slobber all over how manly Putin is.
He only watches the most manly of animes.

• Locked thread