Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Red Shoe posted:

I am starting off February with: Zuriel!
Privateer Press

Signal posted:

Oath Addition
Terran starter, from 10mm Planetfall by Spartan Games

Electric Hobo posted:

Electric Hobo oathing stuff for February: 8 Viper Legion archers. From Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG as always.

lovestick posted:

I, lovestick, do oath the following:

4 Firestorm Armada ships (1:10,000 Spartan Games)
3 Plague Toads (28mm Forge World)
1 Chaos Dwarf (28mm Marauder)
and one Hajad, Pirate (28mm Reaper)

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for the month of February 2015:
1 M8 Tank and 5 Diamond Corps

28mm(?) from Soda Pop Miniatures.

Possibly more to come later if I get through these guys quickly and am happy with them.

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath for the mysterious month of February
  • 1 Lynx medium mech with 1 each of the A, B and C weapon packs and 2 Raptor light mechs with 1 each of the A, B and C weapon packs, for Mecha Front by Paulson Games (15mm)
  • 1 Void Dragon Phoenix by FW for 40k (28mm)
Jesus, is that what a Lynx looks like?

NTRabbit posted:

I'll step up then

:boom: ALTERNATE UNIVERSE OATH :boom:

One Forge Father Strike Team for Deadzone plus Warpath reinforcements, by Mantic in 28mm

• 1 Jotunn Urban Demolisher
  • 7 Brokkr Engineers with 3 Nutcracker Inferno Drills and 4 Frag-Ramms
  • 3 Chief Brokkrs
  • 6 Brokkrs and 2 Brokkrs with Magma Rifles
  • 4 Valkyrs
  • 1 Iron Ancestor and 1 Urban Pattern Iron Ancestor
  • 3 Huscarls in Forge Guard Armour
  • 9 Forge Guard, 2 Forge Guard with autocannons, 2 Forge Guard with Magma Cannons and 2 Forge Guard with Missile Launchers

Who else is ready to BRING IT? :slick:

Oaths Accepted!

Ugleb posted:

Just wondering as I don't see it in the rules, but is there a limit on how many Jurnals you can claim for a single oath? For example, if I were to come up with something that had a custom banner, freehand details adorning its body, and moody object source lighting casting dramatic light upon its fourth wall breaking madness, would I be eligible to claim four jurnals at once?

I'm not sure I could manage all that, but if I did.... ;)
There's no limits on Journals you can do in any month, so knock yourself out. Don't feel limited by the rules of the competition, do what you like really, this is all about getting motivated to paint. The Judges only award their extra point for Journals done in the current month, though.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I won some weathering powders and I never heard back from you, as well.
Bunch of stuff is going in the post this month, sorry you had to wait too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

:vomarine: December oath completed! :vomarine:

Claiming themed group.

Claiming INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL: WEATHERING!

Using my own custom rust wash on all the metal, then sponging on dark brown and terra cotta paints I get my corroded Death Skull Orkz!

Just letting you know that your December Oath pictures are misssing, can you please repost them? This hasn't happened before to my knowledge so I'll have to trust that you upload the original pics!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: December photo album uploaded! :siren:

A bit late but we're getting closer to catching up...If you completed an Oath during the month of December, please have a look at this link and let me know if your work is missing: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/6112161596424660593?authkey=CPr2quevytHsZQ

If you prefer the slideshow: https://plus.google.com/photos/1017...256154658567736

After this post has been live for 48 hours I'll send the link to the album to the Judges for their...Judgement!

Indolent Bastard, I'll be happy to add your photos whenever you can find them.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
PMed you the link to my reposting.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=126494#post441002772

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Jesus, is that what a Lynx looks like?

The big grey thing is a Phoenix flyer, the Lynx is the largest of the 3 light grey mechs from a completely different game to 40k, this is what a 40k Lynx looks like :v:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
If I am reading the rules right these aren't legal to oath, because I already added some different color base coats to a few areas, but I figured I'd give it a shot since I have nothing else to work on at the moment, and because they really aren't even close to being done.

I, UROBOROS, Oath the following for the month of February in his Imperial Majesty's year 2015:

2x Ultramarine Honor Guard
5x Ultramarine Sternguard Veterans
1x Ultramarine Captain

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Great, got it!

Uroboros posted:

If I am reading the rules right these aren't legal to oath, because I already added some different color base coats to a few areas, but I figured I'd give it a shot since I have nothing else to work on at the moment, and because they really aren't even close to being done.

I, UROBOROS, Oath the following for the month of February in his Imperial Majesty's year 2015:

2x Ultramarine Honor Guard
5x Ultramarine Sternguard Veterans
1x Ultramarine Captain

Yeah...I can't accept these as Oaths, sorry. If they were still all blue they'd be fine but there's at least 4 or 5 colors on there.

NTRabbit posted:

The big grey thing is a Phoenix flyer, the Lynx is the largest of the 3 light grey mechs from a completely different game to 40k, this is what a 40k Lynx looks like :v:

Ah! OK. Completely unfamiliar with the FW Eldar stuff apart from the titans.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Ah! OK. Completely unfamiliar with the FW Eldar stuff apart from the titans.

No worries, I have a FW Lynx I'm going to oath hopefully next month!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath 5 Tempestus Scions and one Taurox for February

I still haven't gotten my oath accepted, I think it slipped between the cracks at the end of the last page.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Cracks in the temporal and temperamental webways! (based on the timestamps, you must have posted while I was collecting all the other Oaths)

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath 5 Tempestus Scions and one Taurox for February

Oath Accepted!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for February: 1x Terminator, 1x Apothecary Terminator, 1x Techmarine, 5x Assault Marines, 1x Inquisitor (28mm, Games Workshop)

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
krushgroove, it seems to me as though there was a block of early February oaths (including mine) that didn't get an oath accepted post. The spreadsheets aren't updated yet either, but I assume we're good to go?

I hope so, since I'm already nearly done with the skeletons. :v:

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, forkbanger, oath the following for February- Misaki, Ototo, 2 Oiran, and 2 Torikage.

All are 32mm Malifaux miniatures, from Wyrd.

For a brief moment I thought I'd have all my Malifaux mans painted up after this month, then remembered I still have a Jacob Lynch box. And a Yan Lo box...

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

ForkBanger posted:

For a brief moment I thought I'd have all my Malifaux mans painted up after this month, then remembered I still have a Jacob Lynch box. And a Yan Lo box...

Sounds like you should do an Alternate Universe oath to paint all your remaining Malifaux men!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JerryLee posted:

krushgroove, it seems to me as though there was a block of early February oaths (including mine) that didn't get an oath accepted post. The spreadsheets aren't updated yet either, but I assume we're good to go?

I hope so, since I'm already nearly done with the skeletons. :v:
Whooops! yes, here they all are:

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath 10 nihilators from PP, 3 cogs, and Skabrus from GW's Dreadfleet for the month of February

Signal posted:

Oath
A Gao Rael and a Kotail, From Corvus belli/Infinity

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, Oath 20 Dreadball Xtreme Kalyshi Pirates

That's 8 Strikers, 8 Jacks and 4 wounded players, all 28mm by Mantic Games.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Double posting for ease of paperwork.

I am also ALTERNATE UNIVERSE OATHING all my Deadzone Forge Father models - Freya, Huscarl, 9 Brokker, four drones with crew, a Jotun Urban Demolisher, two Bikers, and twelve Forge Guard.

I think we only need two or three more people to activate the Alternate Universe contest, so let's find something long term projects we need finished in the new year!

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of February, 5 GW Glade Guard, a converted Naestra and Arahan (The eagle and the two unbased glade guard, and a GW Terrorghiest

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing 6 Necron Wraiths:

Harkano posted:

I, Harkano, oath Vayl, a Scythean and a Neraph, from Privateer Press's Hordes Legion of Everblight army

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath Commander Adept Nemo, from Privateer Press's Warmachine Cygnar line, and Sidir Archibal from Wyrd Game's Malifaux Guild/Ten Thunders line.

Will be making an oath addition later for the jurnal.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint nine skeleton archers and one mummy captain for the month of February

I'm going to have to make an oath addition for the model I'll be jurnaling with, as I need to get a mini from the store for it and driving anywhere today is contraindicated, but I want to get started!

And the download bar I stupidly left up on my screen is blocked out due to possibly containing information about my job. :v:
Oaths Accepted!

And for the most recent Oathees...

ForkBanger posted:

I, forkbanger, oath the following for February- Misaki, Ototo, 2 Oiran, and 2 Torikage.
All are 32mm Malifaux miniatures, from Wyrd.

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for February: 1x Terminator, 1x Apothecary Terminator, 1x Techmarine, 5x Assault Marines, 1x Inquisitor (28mm, Games Workshop)
Oaths Accepted!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Addition!

I got another fleet for FSA so might as well get it painted up.

I, lovestick, do add to my February oath 2 fighter tokens, 4 drones, 8 frigates, 3 cruisers, 2 battlecruisers, and one battleship from The Directorate fleet.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath for the month of February one Games Workshop Knight Titan Paladin Thing, 28mm scale. God help me.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

lovestick posted:

Oath Addition!

I got another fleet for FSA so might as well get it painted up.

I, lovestick, do add to my February oath 2 fighter tokens, 4 drones, 8 frigates, 3 cruisers, 2 battlecruisers, and one battleship from The Directorate fleet.

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of February one Games Workshop Knight Titan Paladin Thing, 28mm scale. God help me.

Oaths Accepted!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
:frogsiren:Oathing Halbarand, Cleric:frogsiren:, 28mm, from Reaper Bones.

Need to get back on the horse with minis, it's been too long.

My plan for the theme is the book will be TORM for Dummies

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

thespaceinvader posted:

:frogsiren:Oathing Halbarand, Cleric:frogsiren:, 28mm, from Reaper Bones.

Need to get back on the horse with minis, it's been too long.

Oath Accepted!

quote:

My plan for the theme is the book will be TORM for Dummies
I guess I'm too set in my ways to get the joke...?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Torm is forgotten realms deity. The For Dummies series is a visually recognisable series of how-to books.

I'm also intending to freehand his god's logo onto his tabard.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Ha, well I know what the 'for Dummies' series is! And I never pay attention to gods and magic and stuff like that when I play D&D, that's why I just do fighters usually.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
I, Haydrian, do oath for the month of February:

Five Ork Boyz (c/o Games Workshop)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For February I oath Huron Blackheart and his familiar (GW, 28mm) plus a scratch-built objective marker

For some strange reason Rolf Harris quotes aren't as popular as they used to be, but can you tell what it is yet?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I Indolent Bastard oath 8 6mm Viking Bowmen(Baccus Miniatures)

Low effort oath as it is a busy month and a short month. gently caress you February, I will never forget.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I oath 10 2nd Ed Termagants for Feb.

Big Willy Style fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Feb 8, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Woah, resize or timg that poo poo son :stare:

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Oath Complete

Claiming Speed Painted

and Themed Group and Box Art

Prime with Army Painter Dragon Red or airbrush dark red. Paint the carapace reaper alien flesh. I wasn't too neat, the wash hides your errors

Agrax earthshade the whole thing . I water it down a little.

Over brush the carapace with alien flesh, paint the gun genestealer purple and wash it druchi violet

Layer the chitin with watered down reaper light red (the label has faded and I forget what it is called) highlight the gun with a mix of genestealer purple and bone .

Paint the eyes and ribbed gun cord coat d arms emerald green. Wash with vmc scurvy green. Highlight with vmc livery green. Do a tiny edge highlight of slayer solar macharius Orange on the Chiron.

Sand the base, hit it waterered down scurvy green, dry brush with livery green, paint the edges scurvy green. Done.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 1 KillaKan and 5 Flashgitz:

I have time off this month, which I should spend studying.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath: 1 Mammoth and 6 Blightblades
These are from Privateer Press.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath Ghetorix, the Reave hunter, both members of the gobber bellows crew, and a gatorman witch doctor, all from PP and Warmahordes.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath to paint one Khador Juggernaut from Privateer Press.

It's 28mm, for Warmachine. It's a short month and it's going to be a crazy month, so wish me luck!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Haydrian posted:

I, Haydrian, do oath for the month of February:
Five Ork Boyz (c/o Games Workshop)

Galaspar posted:

For February I oath Huron Blackheart and his familiar (GW, 28mm) plus a scratch-built objective marker
For some strange reason Rolf Harris quotes aren't as popular as they used to be, but can you tell what it is yet?

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard oath 8 6mm Viking Bowmen(Baccus Miniatures)
Low effort oath as it is a busy month and a short month. gently caress you February, I will never forget.

Big Willy Style posted:

I oath 10 2nd Ed Termagants for Feb.

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C oath 1 KillaKan and 5 Flashgitz:
I have time off this month, which I should spend studying.

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath: 1 Mammoth and 6 Blightblades
These are from Privateer Press.

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath Ghetorix, the Reave hunter, both members of the gobber bellows crew, and a gatorman witch doctor, all from PP and Warmahordes.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath to paint one Khador Juggernaut from Privateer Press.
It's 28mm, for Warmachine. It's a short month and it's going to be a crazy month, so wish me luck!
Good luck!

Oaths Accepted!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
While the Judges have the December photo album, please look over the January photo album! here's the Slideshow, and here's the Photo Album

If your Oath Complete picture is missing, please let me know!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

My pictures are in the album (first off the rank :buddy:), but there's no record of my oath completion in the spreadsheet

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For February I oath this Forge-father Hailstorm Cannon from Mantic

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

My pictures are in the album (first off the rank :buddy:), but there's no record of my oath completion in the spreadsheet

I think Iris of Ether just needs to catch up with the spreadsheet, you'll be OK!

Deanut Pancer posted:

For February I oath this Forge-father Hailstorm Cannon from Mantic

Oath Accepted!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:siren: OATH ADDITION :siren:

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint nine skeleton archers and one mummy captain for the month of February

I'm going to have to make an oath addition for the model I'll be jurnaling with, as I need to get a mini from the store for it and driving anywhere today is contraindicated, but I want to get started!

And the download bar I stupidly left up on my screen is blocked out due to possibly containing information about my job. :v:

In addition to the above, I, JerryLee, further oath to paint one "Satheras, Male Warlock" by Reaper in 28mm

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
I swear to paint this Umbra Legate (28mm Infinity from Corvus Belli) by the end of February.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath 5 Fleabag Riders by Mantic Games, 28mm, for the month of February.

• Locked thread