Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Bought a silicone wedding band for swimming/biking/working out. My titanium/meteorite is too bulky and heavy for everyday wear, so this should be more comfortable as well as safer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Bought my wife a horse.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Etrips posted:

Bought my wife a horse.

Oh good, thought there was a comma.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Bottom Liner posted:

Bought a silicone wedding band for swimming/biking/working out. My titanium/meteorite is too bulky and heavy for everyday wear, so this should be more comfortable as well as safer.

Those are cock rings you dirty bird

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bottom Liner posted:

...I just take mine off once in a while.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Reverse Centaur posted:

...I just take mine off once in a while.

But.. If you take it off won't women just throw their vagina at you?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I think it is insanely cool and good that you can buy a fake wedding ring for exercising in

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

gently caress your hotdogs, have a boerewors roll.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
No hotdog shaming plz

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

gently caress you nerds, tomorrow I'm going to buy some loving Best Value hotdogs, boiling them, and having a goddamn delicious ketchup covered 'dog and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

n4 posted:

Guys could you take it to the post your favorite hot dog thread?

Yeah the PYF weird gross food thread is apparently now the official "this is how I like my hot dogs/pizza/hamboigas" thread I bet they'd love all you fuckers over there.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lilleput posted:

But.. If you take it off won't women just throw their vagina at you?

I just make sure to bring up MY INTERRACIAL WIFE in conversation as much as possible with other women. So far, not a single opportunity for infidelity.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Etrips posted:

Bought my wife a horse.

Tennessee Walker?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought some Johnsonville "Beddar With Cheddar" and "Chili Cheese" sausages. They're amazing.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Tim Whatley posted:

Two tickets for the Boston TD Garden show for my Dad and I. They were loving expensive but every time they come it could literally be the last time.
If they ever take this to the UK, I am so there, whatever the price (saw them for the first time on their R30 tour).

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Tickets to go see Primus and the Chocolate Factory on 4/20 :2bong: :shroom:

-CHA has a new favorite as of 16:01 on Feb 5, 2015

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

-CHA posted:

Okay, that's loving awesome.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It tastes like... popcorn and chocolate :pusheen:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Tickets to the final weekend (minus Thursday) of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

Notable artists that weekend:
Galactic
Dirty Dozen Brass Band
Elton John
Jerry Lee Lewis
Aaron Neville
Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Taj Mahal
Kermit Ruffins
Steve Winwood
The O'Jays
Buddy Guy
Trombone Shorty
The Radiators
Dr. John
The Meters (like, the original meters, which is loving amazing)

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Scarf posted:

Steve Winwood

super jealous

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pukestain Pal posted:

super jealous

Yeah, pretty excited about that one.

For a few weeks there was another TBA spot on the final day as the closer. I was also excited about it, but they just announced that it's Lenny Kravitz. Guess I'll just beat the traffic out on the last day...

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Pukestain Pal posted:

super jealous

This, but about Galactic.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Already saving up for my WWOZ brass pass. I am going to die from going so many days this year, but I will die a pleasant and cultured death.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

couldcareless posted:

Already saving up for my WWOZ brass pass. I am going to die from going so many days this year, but I will die a pleasant and cultured death.
Are you from New Orleans? Or at least know it well?

My next purchase will be on AirBnB... I need to lock down a place to stay. So any recommendations on neighborhoods to avoid would be great. I've only been once.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

-CHA posted:

You're re amazing and I'm jealous.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

strangemusic posted:

You're re amazing and I'm jealous.

It's an awesome show! First set is normal Primus stuff, 2nd set the do the full album.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pukestain Pal posted:

super jealous

I've seen a LOT of concerts and Steve Winwood was by far my favorite experience. Just amazing.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I passed on seeing Primus in Vancouver in January and I'm a big dumb idiot baby. I hope that show is as amazing as it is in my dreams

And they play Mr. Krinkle

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Hot dogs are one of the things I miss the most since I stopped eating meat. Even the best meatless ones are a far cry from the real thing.

I bought a bunch of flowers to be delivered tomorrow and a Red Bull to be drunk today

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Scarf posted:

Are you from New Orleans? Or at least know it well?

My next purchase will be on AirBnB... I need to lock down a place to stay. So any recommendations on neighborhoods to avoid would be great. I've only been once.

Will you have your own transportation?
The city is very up and down, on one block you will have multi million dollar homes, the next you'll have dilapidated shotgun doubles.

If you can find something in the Gentilly, Navarre, mid city, or Lakeview area in airbnb, that's gonna be your best area for least travel to the fairgrounds. The further East you get in the Gentilly area and the closer South you get to i10 in mid city, the sketchier it gets. Staying close to city park will yield best results but may also be most expensive. There's also handy jazzfest shuttles in the area.
Uptown is nice, but even with your own transportation, it's a pain in the rear end to get anywhere from Uptown.
I don't care for the bywater but some people love it. You will need your own transportation though.

You can probably get a lot more info in the Louisiana thread on the travel board

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Pukestain Pal posted:

It's an awesome show! First set is normal Primus stuff, 2nd set the do the full album.

I'm even more excited for this show now. That sounds amazing.

April is looking to be the best month. Polaris concert, Primus concert and my birthday all within a week. :getin:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

couldcareless posted:

Will you have your own transportation?
The city is very up and down, on one block you will have multi million dollar homes, the next you'll have dilapidated shotgun doubles.

If you can find something in the Gentilly, Navarre, mid city, or Lakeview area in airbnb, that's gonna be your best area for least travel to the fairgrounds. The further East you get in the Gentilly area and the closer South you get to i10 in mid city, the sketchier it gets. Staying close to city park will yield best results but may also be most expensive. There's also handy jazzfest shuttles in the area.
Uptown is nice, but even with your own transportation, it's a pain in the rear end to get anywhere from Uptown.
I don't care for the bywater but some people love it. You will need your own transportation though.

You can probably get a lot more info in the Louisiana thread on the travel board

Yeah, driving there from Charleston SC. So I'll have my car. Also thinking about bringing bikes to ride to the festival should we find a place just out of walking distance. Thanks for the info!

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

I bought a kit with all the parts for my Tom Servo, then when I was almost done building it I bought a pre-made Crow because the parts are too hard to find. I also got a case of little gumball machines so I can make some fancy alternate heads for Servo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Etrips posted:

Bought my wife a horse.

Horses are great, congrats! :horse:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I, too, am seeing both Weird Al and Welcome to Night vale. But that's not important because look what just arrived:

The lovely cellphone picture doesn't do it justice, it's simply amazing. The colors are more vivid than what it looks like.

Bhodi has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Feb 5, 2015

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Bhodi posted:

I, too, am seeing both Weird Al and Welcome to Night vale. But that's not important because look what just arrived:

The lovely cellphone picture doesn't do it justice, it's simply amazing. The colors are more vivid than what it looks like.

Good lord. Where do I get one?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

crosshatch posted:

I bought a kit with all the parts for my Tom Servo, then when I was almost done building it I bought a pre-made Crow because the parts are too hard to find. I also got a case of little gumball machines so I can make some fancy alternate heads for Servo.

Ok that is loving awesome.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

strangemusic posted:

Good lord. Where do I get one?

You take this high-res picture and send it to the printer of your choice. I used a amazon local voucher for a company called Canvas Focus.

Also of note, I picked up this poster:

Bhodi has a new favorite as of 00:38 on Feb 6, 2015

colas
Feb 14, 2007

This would have been the greatest movie ever made.

I got some Kefir Sutherland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

-CHA posted:

Awesome, I got tickets to see Sleep on 4/20 :2bong: :2bong: :2bong:

If seeing a stoner metal band on 4/20 isn't silly enough, they're doing a midnight 4/20 show in Denver, then playing Seattle on the night of 4/20, so they'll be playing the biggest cities in both states that have legal weed on 4/20. People on the sidewalk outside the venue are gonna get a contact high.