Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rinkles posted:

Was Shaun McLaren's modern pt win w/ WUR control surprising?

Yeah, WUR Collonade Control was a thing for quite a while and won a pro tour and maybe a grand prix or two IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

always be closing posted:

OK so limited will be in the morning both weekend days, is there any constructed on Friday?

Yes. Both days are 3 rounds Limited followed by 5 rounds Constructed.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Is Sunday just top 8?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Man I love buying collections. Its hard to spot, but on the right side there is a black bordered Badlands that i circled. It is either collectors edition, alpha, beta, or (I pray not) sharpied. So Its either $40 or $900.

I'll find out tonight! Also, if it is alpha/beta, it will be on SA mart tonight! :)

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

jassi007 posted:

Man I love buying collections. Its hard to spot, but on the right side there is a black bordered Badlands that i circled. It is either collectors edition, alpha, beta, or (I pray not) sharpied. So Its either $40 or $900.

I'll find out tonight! Also, if it is alpha/beta, it will be on SA mart tonight! :)

Either that or they use the same picture of a bucket of cards for every box of random draft leavings they sell. Where are you buying this from? If it's ebay I'd watch out.

e: is the proxied Glimmervoid included?

Entropic fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 5, 2015

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Entropic posted:

Either that or they use the same picture of a bucket of cards for every box of random draft leavings they sell. Where are you buying this from? If it's ebay I'd watch out.

It is local. I only buy collections I can look at.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

jassi007 posted:

how much of a premium did they charge you for the anime sleeves

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Any cards spiking unexpectedly as the insiders prepare?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Oddly enough my fried just commented that Leonin Shikari just jumped up to $10 for no known reason.

http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/darksteel/leonin-shikari

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Balon posted:

Oddly enough my fried just commented that Leonin Shikari just jumped up to $10 for no known reason.

http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/darksteel/leonin-shikari

Tiny Leaders is the reason there I think.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Entropic posted:

Tiny Leaders is the reason there I think.

I explained it as the same thing but none of the other staples for a Tiny Leaders deck spiked as dramatically.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Yup Geist and Lili are still going up. Makes he happy I'm flipping my lili into a V.Clique.

Saeku
Sep 22, 2010

jassi007 posted:

Or a proxy like the Glimmervoid in that photo, heh.

I hate buying collections any percent sight-unseen. Lucrative, potentially, but it always feels like one person is scamming over the other, or trying to.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

jassi007 posted:

How do you find these collections?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Saeku posted:

Or a proxy like the Glimmervoid in that photo, heh.

I hate buying collections any percent sight-unseen. Lucrative, potentially, but it always feels like one person is scamming over the other, or trying to.

I don't buy collections sight unseen. I agree it is a terrible idea. I'm going to hold that badlands in my hands before I give this person money.

mcmagic posted:

How do you find these collections?

The usual, facebook, craigslist, yard sales, flea markets etc.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is there anything better than a good WBr Warriors deck in KTK draft with a pair of Raider's Spoils? Battle Brawler, Sultai Emissary, War Flare and Sandsteppe Outcast are terrific additions to the deck from the FRF pack too.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The bigger question is what's the over-under on how many cheats we'll see this weekend. Maybe how many will go unnoticed until 3 months from now.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

The bigger question is what's the over-under on how many cheats we'll see this weekend. Maybe how many will go unnoticed until 3 months from now.

Lol, here's to hoping for a good scandal.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

mcmagic posted:

Is there anything better than a good WBr Warriors deck in KTK draft with a pair of Raider's Spoils? Battle Brawler, Sultai Emissary, War Flare and Sandsteppe Outcast are terrific additions to the deck from the FRF pack too.

Mono-Red with Heelcutters.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Rimusutera posted:

Heelcutter is another awesome card from FRF for the deck. Mono red in KTK is terrible though.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

Sultai delve/morphs that your weenies just run into over and over for no effect, while my abomination of gudul goes over the top for the win.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Lol, here's to hoping for a good scandal.

They should've placed the event at the watergate which is literally only a few blocks away

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Rimusutera posted:

UW skies with main deck Siegecraft :smugbert:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

jassi007 posted:

Sultai delve/morphs that your weenies just run into over and over for no effect, while my abomination of gudul goes over the top for the win.

Raiders Spoilers makes Warrior Tokens trade with Morphs.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

jassi007 posted:

This is the serious answer; UG has always been the best deck in the format, with Sultai the best wedge for that because Abomination and Black Kill.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

UW skies with main deck Siegecraft :smugbert:

I like you.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The uncommon dragon cycle makes the abomination worse in FKK.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

Raiders Spoilers makes Warrior Tokens trade with Morphs.

If you get to justify your position based on your uncommon enchantment so do I. Secret Plans.

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 5, 2015

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Whisk Away or Set Adrift on a 7 drop is exactly what I want to be doing.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Rinkles posted:

True. It does make Throttle better removal though. I only need to pick up 1 of 3 possible 4B removal spells to handle your dragon, throttle, murderous cut, or that new one that targets creatures of one or more colors. Also Peel from reality is another really good addition for Sultai, I will give you a 2/2 whatever in exchange for your bomb all day every day.

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 5, 2015

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Wouldn't put too much emphasis on how much though, there's like two uncommon dragons in total in an eight player table on average.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Sultai just has too much removal and tempo at common across three packs, not to mention a few uncommon goodies, that you can argue the 3/4 common from two packs is genuinely made worse than the Uncommon 4/4 from one pack. Its a fair point to make, but it just doesn't make as huge a difference.

Also you can play your own uncommon dragons. :getin:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I know it's probably conscious on their part but gently caress you Wizards for printing Berserkers when your only tribal in this set is Warriors.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Rimusutera posted:

This is the serious answer; UG has always been the best deck in the format, with Sultai the best wedge for that because Abomination and Black Kill.

I like you.

I love the poo poo out of Sultai. Hooting Mandrils and the 3/3 flying delve, the 2 fat rear end green morphs and the blue one, icefeather avian plus the abomination. Great early blockers for ground game, good removal that for some reason seems to go undrafted a lot. I often end up UGbr. Snowhorn rider is a great splashable pickup.

We did a chaos draft before Fate pre-release, we had born, journey, conspiracy and khans in the mix. This was my deck. This is the best deck I've ever drafted. It was so good.

6 Forest
6 Island
1 Jungle Hollow
2 Opulent Palace
2 Swamp
1 Thornwood Falls
1 Archers' Parapet
1 Compulsive Research
1 Fleetfeather Cockatrice
1 Font of Fertility
2 Glacial Stalker
1 Hooting Mandrills
1 Icefeather Aven
1 Icy Blast
1 Mistfire Weaver
1 Mystic of the Hidden Way
1 Nyx Infusion
1 Rattleclaw Mystic
1 Sagu Mauler
1 Secret Plans
2 Sigiled Starfish
2 Sultai Charm
1 Sultai Scavenger
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Woolly Loxodon

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm all about the grindy good stuff myself, so I'm not going to argue against Sultai. Prefer it over Abzan.

I haven't played enough FRF to know if much has changed in this regard (I think it's a bit faster), but in 3xKTK I liked that despite the best archetypes being (arguably) aggressive, slow and durdly was absolutely viable.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

First Bass posted:

I know it's probably conscious on their part but gently caress you Wizards for printing Berserkers when your only tribal in this set is Warriors.

At least Lovisa Coldeyes gets some new toys. :black101:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Entropic posted:

At least Lovisa Coldeyes gets some new toys. :black101:

Yeah, but she'd still get new toys if they were just plain old Warriors too :sigh:

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Honestly, I just love UG in the format, whether I end up Sultai or Temur. The best decks Ive drafted and managed 3-1 or better with have all been like, straight up UG.

I've had decks with multiple Pine Walkers, common fliers/loxdons, and Icy Blast(s) before. poo poo was just disgusting.

jassi007 posted:

Snowhorn rider is a great splashable pickup.

I wasn't in proper Sultai, but I should have, last draft and like I ended up wheeling four Snowhorn Riders.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

jassi007 posted:

If you get to justify your position based on your uncommon enchantment so do I. Secret Plans.

My original post was that the BW warriors deck is amazing WHEN you get Raiders Spoils...

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

mcmagic posted:

My original post was that the BW warriors deck is amazing WHEN you get Raiders Spoils...

We got that, we're arguing Sultai is A) Still Better B) Even Better when you get Secret Plans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
ITT: saying that draft archetypes (that are already solid) are great when getting a conditional uncommon enchantment :allears:

Also secret plans is way better than raiders' spoils is this even an argument?

• Locked thread