Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Startyde posted:

MnM here, should be similar because elektron doesn't change much. MSB(0) works save it won't choose bank A for whatever reason. LSB(32) works as expected. This is both sending the changes immediately as well as plocking them to trigless trigs and hitting play.
Make sure you've got the CC set properly for the track/channel and set to the blofeld's channel. Make sure the blofeld is on a later firmware, I remember there being bugs with bank change on earlier ones. I'm running 1.15.

It's 0-7 for the banks A-G, btw.

Thanks...

On the Octatrack, you can assign knobs to MIDI CCs on a MIDI track's "ctrl 1/2" pages. I am controlling the Blofeld and can send some MIDI CCs -- like i can assign pitch bend or freq cutoff or volume no problem -- but CC 0 and 32 don't seem to do anything for me.

And I'm running 1.16b2 :/

If I wanted to select patch H128, what should I expect? CC0 7 and CC32 127? That does nothing :(

Edit: oh, you have to click the bank knob then the program knob, and they can't be sent independently of each other. Got it now. Weird you can't select bank A tho

ashgromnies fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

What a nightmare...

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Who wouldn't name their synthcat Rudess.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

ashgromnies posted:

Thanks...

On the Octatrack, you can assign knobs to MIDI CCs on a MIDI track's "ctrl 1/2" pages. I am controlling the Blofeld and can send some MIDI CCs -- like i can assign pitch bend or freq cutoff or volume no problem -- but CC 0 and 32 don't seem to do anything for me.

And I'm running 1.16b2 :/

If I wanted to select patch H128, what should I expect? CC0 7 and CC32 127? That does nothing :(

Edit: oh, you have to click the bank knob then the program knob, and they can't be sent independently of each other. Got it now. Weird you can't select bank A tho

Yeah send bank then PC if you're doing it by hand. If you're plocking you can just have them on the same trig. PC is not a continuous controller. You can select bank A when using CC32. Send '0', then your PC.

I have this shirt. Should really be a ponytail for a moog tho

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
:siren: NEW TIMBRE WOLF VIDEO :siren:

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Ahahahaha did he say it loving sounds like boards of canada because you can adjust the decay???

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Get it together Dan.

e: I made this exact post when I saw the last video

coolskull fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 5, 2015

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
someone please make a "boards of danada" song out of this video

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
'Ehm... great' :v:

How on earth could AKAI sign off on the design of this thing, really.
If this is the one they went with, how terrible were the alternatives?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Remember that episode of South Park where Mr. Garrison invents a vehicle wherein every orifice of its occupant is stuffed with a dildo? Imagine that except as an MPC. That was the runner up design.

Also, poo poo, there hasn't been a new synthesis type since physical modeling became a thing 20 years ago. What do you expect them to do, make an FM synth?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It's loving unreal how bad that thing sounds. Incredible

e: I can't stop laughing, it's so bad

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 5, 2015

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Honestly, the more of these I hear, the more I kind of want one. Not $500 want one, but, $200? Yeah I'd do it. The fact that it simply cannot ever be in tune is kind of charming.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Yeah, sure, I'd buy one if they were $200 and I had that burning a hole in my pocket. It's ridiculous.

I want to buy a Timbre Wolf shirt and to never take it off.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

I just love these demos "And of course you can tune them all the same to get " * plays 4 different notes * "You know, the uhh, same thing..."

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
If you fuckers buy them, it will give incentive to Akai to keep making them. If you buy them second hand years from now it will give it a cult status and incentive for people to clone them. Do not be part of the problem.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lmao Anyone who legitimately buys one of those after seeing demo videos of it is a loving sucker.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

How is this a problem? I haven't been more excited for NAMM vids in a long time. I hope they keep making them WORSE.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I want to buy a Timbre Wolf shirt and to never take it off.

The sleeves would be different lengths and the inside would somehow be smaller than the outside. You'd never be able to take it off.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Demoed by a salesman who doesn't really understand how to put shirts on.

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.

Sizone posted:

Demoed by a salesman who doesn't really understand how to put shirts on.
Key & Peele Season 5 confirmed.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Don't be so mean, it's hard to demo synths with a goiter

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
What are you talking about? It's like having a third hand to pound the keys while you twist the knobs*.

*in mono, poly, or unison

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

These face swaps never get the size of the features in relation to the head completely right, do they

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Have you guys been sharing my video or something? It's like the 10th result when searching for "timbrewolf" on youtube now :allears:
It also has over 1500 views, which is hilarious. I think it's gotten like 200 views since I woke up too.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Your Computer posted:

Have you guys been sharing my video or something? It's like the 10th result when searching for "timbrewolf" on youtube now :allears:
It also has over 1500 views, which is hilarious. I think it's gotten like 200 views since I woke up too.

Which one is yours?

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

Your Computer posted:

I saw someone post it on reddit, saying that they saw it on Gearslutz.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

toadee posted:

Which one is yours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dvnz2N9-U0
:downs:

good jovi posted:

I saw someone post it on reddit, saying that they saw it on Gearslutz.
That's... that's something.

e: vvv I actually don't visit Reddit or anywhere other than SA really, so I wouldn't know where to share it :shobon: vvv
Feel free to share it, anyway!

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 5, 2015

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Your Computer posted:

It actually crossed my mind, posting it elsewhere- I wanted the Sonic Talk guys to see it because they check Reddit for conversation topics. But I figured you (or one of the rest of us) would take care of it. Looks like someone did!

Whoever posted it on Reddit linked it to start at the 31 second mark though, for some reason.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Your Computer posted:

I posted it on the muff wiggler FB page. It's been very well received.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Startyde posted:

I have this shirt. Should really be a ponytail for a moog tho

Whoa this is a shirt? Where can it be bought?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
unghhhhhhhh http://vimeo.com/117417249

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Well I came. Goddamn.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

net work error posted:

I'm an anime.
:hfive:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:lol: How does it sound through the Tubescreamer?

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Glad one of us got one, I didn't want to

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Jealous. I wanted to get one of those and run a x0xb0x through it.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

I plan to get one, I just have to swallow my shame and ask the guys at Moog Audio. I'll probably buy a really hardcore obscure module to try and offset the looks I'm going to get. Maybe if I get a Sub 37 at the same time they'll pretend it never happened.

Also gradually pulling apart those vids for Timbre Wolf samples, gonna put together a sweet drum kit in Live for it. Also I swear all the interviewers are making sure to pronounce timbre in order to rob the creator of the lovely pun.

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Wait. Is Hatsune Miku a dickgirl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

net work error posted:

Jealous. I wanted to get one of those and run a x0xb0x through it.

it's oddly endearing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj9SMAzRvX8