Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Bushifox posted:

So I got the three pack today. They also had another 3 pack, but instead of Ms Marvel in it, it had Madame Masque. Was this a variant, or did someone just switch out Ms Marvel and bring it back?

Somebody definitely switched it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Bushifox posted:

So I got the three pack today. They also had another 3 pack, but instead of Ms Marvel in it, it had Madame Masque. Was this a variant, or did someone just switch out Ms Marvel and bring it back?

Yep, they got scammed.

e: Oh look, a next page. Anyway, the new Marvel Legends arrived in the mail today... still not a fan of Cap's masked head having the zero-g mohawk instead of the more recent "mane" look.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bushifox posted:

Definitely swapped. Did you get it for $25?

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Rhyno posted:

Definitely swapped. Did you get it for $25?

Yep, was $25. Wish they had that shadow squadron, but their star wars stuff was pretty bare. Anyone see those on their clearance aisles?

They also had the new hawkeye and sentry, but someone had hidden them in another aisle by the rasslin figures. I still think Sentry is a terrible character, and this one looks worse than the old toy biz one, so I passed on them.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
You only really need Sentry if you're building Odin instead of King Thor.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bushifox posted:

Yep, was $25. Wish they had that shadow squadron, but their star wars stuff was pretty bare. Anyone see those on their clearance aisles?

They also had the new hawkeye and sentry, but someone had hidden them in another aisle by the rasslin figures. I still think Sentry is a terrible character, and this one looks worse than the old toy biz one, so I passed on them.

Negative, those hit $40 right before Christmas and vanished completely at that price

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

The Rage posted:

Negative, those hit $40 right before Christmas and vanished completely at that price

Speaking of, when did the 6" darth maul start selling for $60?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I'm starting to go nuts with the lack of stock at my local Target and TRU, holy poo poo. :psyduck: I really should've preordered Scarlet Witch and Capt Marvel online or something. At this rate I feel like they'll never turn up locally.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I can check my Target later to see if they have the ladies and send them your way if you want to just pay me back.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I'm starting to go nuts with the lack of stock at my local Target and TRU, holy poo poo. :psyduck: I really should've preordered Scarlet Witch and Capt Marvel online or something. At this rate I feel like they'll never turn up locally.

I haven't seen any sign of them in the Dallas area either. I would imagine they working their way inland from the coasts right now, so we should be seeing some stuff pop up in the next couple of weeks. All the Hasbro stuff as been barren since Christmas around here due to those dock strikes.

Got the Sideshow R2D2 in yesterday though, that thing is amazing! The hilt of the lightsaber (which fits into a spring loaded compartment at the top of his dome) has a magnet on the end to also be used to open up various other compartments and doors on his body. The drink serving tray looks great and I am looking forward to having him set up and serving beverages to all the clones!

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Louisgod posted:

I can check my Target later to see if they have the ladies and send them your way if you want to just pay me back.

If you happen across one, I'd be very much interested in a Captain Marvel.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

I was about to post a bunch of my stuff in the B/S/T thread, but it appears to be archived? I guess we need to be more proactive there. Anyway, after seeing what that darth maul was going for, I dug out a bunch of my stuff to throw up on ebay. I figure I'd give you guys first shot at things (I would like to get around average ebay price minus whatever I'd pay in ebay fees, just don't want people getting stuff for cheap and then flipping, you know, human nature and stuff.)

Star Wars Black Series 6"

Darth Maul: Loose, complete.
Darth Maul: MOC
R2D2

Marvel Legends: (All MOC, some cards may not be mint)

AOA Sunfire

Apocalypse series (Toy Biz)

Maestro

Ares Series:

Human Torch
Iron Man (x 2)
Kang
Guardian
Scarlet Spider
War Machine (X 2)

Brood Series:

Bucky
Black Knight

Epic Heroes

Deadpool (gray and black)

Modok Series:

Spiderwoman Variant Blue costume

Spiderman Origins:

Demogoblin

Red Hulk series

Black costume Spiderman

Face Off

Logan and Forge
Ultimate Nick Fury and Ultimate Cap
Mr. Fantastic and Thing

Mattel Movie Masters:

Heath Ledger Joker (has a badly scratched off price tag covering his face)
Gotham thug

MOTUC (MIB)

Evil Lyn w/ white box
Filmation Hordak w/ brown box

Minimates (MIB)

Hulk Movie

Battle Damaged Hulk and General Ross
Emil Blonsky and Abomination
Hulk and Bruce Banner

DC

Guy Gardner and Kilowog
Shazam! and Mary Marvel
Hawkman and Hawkgirl

Green Lantern and Star Sapphire

Supergirl and Bizarro
Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E.

Steel and Cyborg Superman
Wildcat and Golden age Flash

I've probably got more Marvel Legends this was just my first box with stuff. I've also got a very large lot of Minimates and DCUC to go through next.

Also a few things for which I'm looking:

Star Wars Black Series Shadow Squadron MOC and Biker Scout loose (target)
Star Wars Hoth Biker Scout set
Star Wars Vintage (1983) Biker Scout MOMC
POTF2 MIB Biker Scout w/ speeder
MOTUC Spirit of Hordak
Transformers Masterpiece Wheeljack

Any other obscure biker scout stuff.

Probably more stuff, I've made lots of trades around here.

Edit for picture of stuff totally not for sale. Kind of funny with my sentry hate to have him front and center up top here.

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 8, 2015

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mr. Yuk posted:

If you happen across one, I'd be very much interested in a Captain Marvel.

I checked Target on my way home and the whole wave got wiped out, sorry!

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Louisgod posted:

I checked Target on my way home and the whole wave got wiped out, sorry!

Dangit dangit dangit. I managed to find Hawkeye, Machine Man & Iron Fist tonight though, which isn't a bad start.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Louisgod posted:

I know more recent posts indicate they were all gone, but if you do run across them send me a PM because I'd be 100% down for this. Better than paying $45 on Amazon or whatever. :suicide: I'm debating if I want to go out and try again today or not. There is a comic shop that sometimes gets action figures in that's had a Hope Summers figure lying around for months now, and I am tempted to at least snag that. (I could just get her online, but ... ehh. Why wait?)

I feel for the striking dockworkers and I reckon their pay negotiations are more important than me getting or not getting some painted plastic, but this is still frustrating as hell.

Mr. Yuk posted:

Dangit dangit dangit. I managed to find Hawkeye, Machine Man & Iron Fist tonight though, which isn't a bad start.

Nice! I'm hoping to find Hawkeye at some point too.

A Tin Of Beans fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 7, 2015

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Those ML figures are going to be everywhere for the rest of the year, don't worry too much about getting them right this instant.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I know this objectively. I think it's just because I was so excited when they were announced in the first place. Even though I know I'll get them sooner or later it feels like I shoulda had them by now. Which is stupid, because it doesn't matter. :negative: And yet ...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I understand :)

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

My local Target finally got a shipment! :woop: They were out of everybody but Hawkeye, but I wanted him anyway. Midwesterners and anyone in northern Illinois, stuff has finally begun to arrive here. I was at Target to get groceries anyway so that was a nice surprise despite how much was already sold out. (Or just not out yet? Who knows.)

of course this happens the same day I gripe about it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Checked my TRU and while there were still none there, dude did a warehouse stock check and the warehouse had 1700 pieces coming in, so PNW people TRU will have them eventually lol.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

My local Target finally got a shipment! :woop: They were out of everybody but Hawkeye, but I wanted him anyway. Midwesterners and anyone in northern Illinois, stuff has finally begun to arrive here. I was at Target to get groceries anyway so that was a nice surprise despite how much was already sold out. (Or just not out yet? Who knows.)

of course this happens the same day I gripe about it.

I think Hawkeye's the one it comes with 2 of. It was probably like one guy grabbing the entire wave.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I've gotten everyone but the ladies and Iron Fist through Amazon already so I am in the market for all of them as well.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Djarum posted:

I've gotten everyone but the ladies and Iron Fist through Amazon already so I am in the market for all of them as well.

I ordered both the ladies last week, but my Scarlet Witch still says "not shipped" so I think I lost the order game on her. Weird that they haven't cancelled it yet though.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Rage posted:

Checked my TRU and while there were still none there, dude did a warehouse stock check and the warehouse had 1700 pieces coming in, so PNW people TRU will have them eventually lol.

I went to the local Toy R Us yesterday and it seems like they briefly had the line in, since the Sentry figure was still there. No interest in him so I left him there.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Does anyone think there's a chance they'll do a green and yellow repaint of the new Iron Fist figure? I'd much rather have that version, since that's what he wore in the Immortal Iron Fist series, but even the white and gold is a big improvement over his classic costume, and the new figure looks better than the Toy Biz version anyway.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Does anyone think there's a chance they'll do a green and yellow repaint of the new Iron Fist figure? I'd much rather have that version, since that's what he wore in the Immortal Iron Fist series, but even the white and gold is a big improvement over his classic costume, and the new figure looks better than the Toy Biz version anyway.

The new figure is incredible, I hope they do a green and yellow version too but its magnificent. Really one of the gems of this wave.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Really the entire Odin wave is very strong.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Man, the new Play Arts Kai Final Fantasy figures look really cool. Why oh why do they have to retail for 100 bucks each? The price for Play Arts stuff is really through the roof, which is too bad considering how nice some of their recent stuff is.

It is also pretty absurd that Play Arts in general are completely out of scale with everything else. But man, do I want those new FF figures

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I just found the entire Odin wave at Target just now so I picked up the ladies and Iron Fist. I am very impressed with the entire wave. It might be the finest figures Hasbro has done with Legends.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Already know she is going to be a better figure, but can someone provide a comparsion between the new Scarlet Witch..and that thing that was suppose to be her?

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009
Has anyone ever ordered from Kolektacon dot com? They're one of the few sites i've come across that are still taking pre-orders for Sen-ti-nel's One Piece Ace figure. I see that they do the amiami thing with pre-orders which you have to pay in full or 50% deposit, BUT they can't calculate any type of shipping rate even though they ship from the US. I'm debating on whether or not I should just take the risk and secure a pre-order because this figure is god drat amazing.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse posted:

Already know she is going to be a better figure, but can someone provide a comparsion between the new Scarlet Witch..and that thing that was suppose to be her?

Behold, diaper grandma with no lipstick variant vs. a supermodel weightlifter with a cold chest

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wow, the new Scarlet Witch looks way better than I expected. I have no confidence in my local stores to get this wave, anyone feel like middle manning one for me? :kiddo:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Louisgod posted:

Behold, diaper grandma with no lipstick variant vs. a supermodel weightlifter with a cold chest

Makes you wonder why Kirby drew her with such a giant headpiece at first.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Isn't her chest normally the silly pink tights too?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Louisgod posted:

Really want to get that figure now. The new Scarlet Witch, not the crappy old figure I still can't believe even got made.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Red posted:

Makes you wonder why Kirby drew her with such a giant headpiece at first.

At least we didn't get her first incarnation, in either color or size

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Rirse posted:

Really want to get that figure now. The new Scarlet Witch, not the crappy old figure I still can't believe even got made.

That figure had some of the worst prototype to production mishaps that I can remember. Here's the prototype:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Beanpants posted:

That figure had some of the worst prototype to production mishaps that I can remember. Here's the prototype:

Gah, I forgot about how much better the prototype was. The only thing just as bad was the Marth amiibo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Looking at that prototype, I wish Hasbro would give double jointed elbows for females another shot. I think their current couple of female bucks are fantastic, but I wish their arms could come up more than 90° at the elbow.