Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Regnevelc posted:

Yeah, they did. The Big Ten bent Dave Brandon over during the realignment. There isn't any reason MSU and OSU should be on the same home/away schedule.

Did Michigan get hit any worse than anybody else though? I know that my friends who are Iowa or Nebraska fans have been (understandably) pretty underwhelmed by the Big Ten schedules now that they've gone to 14.

Iowa's home schedule next year: Illinois State, Pitt, North Texas, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue

The only game on that list that is attractive at all is Minnesota. Though I'd laugh my rear end off if the Fightin' McCarneys of North Texas beat them in Iowa City.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Did Michigan get hit any worse than anybody else though? I know that my friends who are Iowa or Nebraska fans have been (understandably) pretty underwhelmed by the Big Ten schedules now that they've gone to 14.

It was mostly the timing of it. With the additions of Maryland and Rutgers, it's a pretty sure thing now that everyone in B1G East is going to have a poo poo home schedule every so often. Michigan got theirs this year, along with the excitement of opening with App State and Miami (OH).

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thoguh posted:

Iowa's home schedule next year: Illinois State, Pitt, North Texas, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue

The only game on that list that is attractive at all is Minnesota. Though I'd laugh my rear end off if the Fightin' McCarneys of North Texas beat them in Iowa City.

Nebraska and Iowa should be loving ecstatic over the realignment given the West teams.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Regnevelc posted:

Nebraska and Iowa should be loving ecstatic over the realignment given the West teams.

Easier to get wins but it comes at the expense of lovely home schedules most years.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

Speaking of schedules, CUSA's 2015 schedule is out. Charlotte has taken UAB's spot.

E: and get ready for a titanic matchup of gold/black powerhouses! Purdue and Wake Forest have a home-and-home scheduled for 2026 and 2027!

hey man you never know by that point Wake Forest and Purdue might be top 25 teahahahahahahahahahahaa

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thoguh posted:

Easier to get wins but it comes at the expense of lovely home schedules most years.

If you're winning 10+ games a year those stands are gonna be full anyway.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DJExile posted:

Ohio State cut ticket prices! for 2 games absolutely nobody wants to watch!

Jesus Christ. $150 for the MSU game? Are you loving kidding me? :psyduck:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Jesus Christ. $150 for the MSU game? Are you loving kidding me? :psyduck:

By all rights that game likely decides the B1G champion next year. They'd fill that place at $200 per.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Baylor is trying to get recruits by pretending stores are opening in Waco.
http://deadspin.com/baylor-woos-recruits-with-list-of-stores-it-hopes-open-1683494440

edit: oops wrong CFB thread.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 3, 2015

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Not sure if I posted this, but 4 Star athlete/OLB Jay Jay Wilson from Valencia, CA committed to ASU yesterday.

ASU is currently ranked 17th nationally and 3rd in the P-12 on Scout (USC and UCLA being 1-2 of course).

Final predictions:

Commits ASU might lose:

RB Jaason Lewis, could flip to Ole Miss or another southern school.

Commits ASU has a decent to strong chance of picking up:

3 * OLB from Tempe, AZ Cassius Peat. His 2 older brothers both spurned ASU for out of state schools, and Cassius originally committed to UCLA, but that's sounding less solid now.

4* Cordell Broadus, aka Snoop Dogg Jr. He's apparently said he's considering LA to get out of his Dad's shadow, has been seen on Twitter w/ (now former) ASU WR Jalean Strong, was in Phoenix for the Super Bowl, etc. If he doesn't go to UCLA or USC, it'll be ASU.

ASU should end up in the 15-20 range, which is good for this program. Todd Graham and co have things going in the right direction.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
please take your stalking of high school students to the proper thread

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DJExile posted:

By all rights that game likely decides the B1G champion next year. They'd fill that place at $200 per.

I realize that, but $150 face value is insane.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Miami most likely only has 4 dts in roster next year.

Welp

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Please, fellas.

If you're going to roast Michigan fans for wanting to bring in a sandwich that Sodexo doesn't charge 9 bucks for, the least you can do is call it a Pic-a-nic Basket, like Yogi.

That's all I'm asking here.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dilber posted:

Miami most likely only has 4 dts in roster next year.

Welp

And one of them is a psychopath.

Good luck!

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Regnevelc posted:

The big ten western division is the shittiest division in all of American sports.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

an adult beverage posted:

The big ten western division is the shittiest division in all of American sports.

I dunno, the SEC West exists.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

an adult beverage posted:

Counterpoint: the ACC Coastal

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Pakled posted:

Counterpoint: the ACC Coastal

They almost successfully executed post-modern art by having everyone go 4-4.

They didn't because #goacc but it was sure impressive.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yet somehow still better than the best the Big 10 had to offer :v:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I don't recall Virginia Tech playing the Michigan State Spartans....

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I don't recall Virginia Tech playing the Michigan State Spartans....

Getting more SEC by the day, Detroit_Dogg.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

John O'Korn has transferred to Michigan. He'll redshirt his transfer wait period and I guess whatever happens with Michigan's crowd of QBs happens.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 5, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I always confuse John O'Korn with all time name first teamer Willy Korn and get really confused as to how he's still in school.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

MourningView posted:

I always confuse John O'Korn with all time name first teamer Willy Korn and get really confused as to how he's still in school.

Thank god I'm not the only one.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hope there's nothing more to this because what the gently caress. SIGN THE drat FORM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2323761-cece-jefferson-to-florida-gators-land-5-star-de-prospect

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

I hope there's nothing more to this because what the gently caress. SIGN THE drat FORM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2323761-cece-jefferson-to-florida-gators-land-5-star-de-prospect

I guess UF isn't paying his dad what Ole Miss or Bama were going to.

Shades of Seantrel......

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

I guess UF isn't paying his dad what Ole Miss or Bama were going to.

Shades of Seantrel......

Or

þ@cecejeferson7
Coach Williams really left?.......

Maybe the dad caught wind of it before it happened. Or maybe some combination of both.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
If football works the same way as basketball, I'm surprised more players don't sign the LOI and just submit scholarship papers instead. That way if a coach or whoever leaves you are free to do as you wish and go to another school. Brandon Knight did this with UK when he committed.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Korranus posted:

John O'Korn has transferred to Michigan. He'll redshirt his transfer wait period and I guess whatever happens with Michigan's crowd of QBs happens.

I have this vision of Harbaugh bringing all the QBs to the big house, having them stand in a circle, and then tossing a half dozen swords in the center while he walks away.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
John O'Korn? Is he good? Why is he at Houston?

So in two years Michigan will have:

SR - Shane Morris
RS-JR John O'Korn
RS-SO Wilton Speight
RS-FR/SO - Alex Malzone
RS-FR/SO - Zach Gentry
2016 recruit or two.

I see some transfers coming.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Shots fired at SCAR's public health building... shelter in place ordered. Stay safe SC goons :\

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Watch Spurrier start a loving war.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Frackie Robinson posted:

Watch Spurrier start a loving war.

He kept prodding hotlanta man

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Scarf posted:

Shots fired at SCAR's public health building... shelter in place ordered. Stay safe SC goons :\

:smith: Why do some people have to be so lovely?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Scarf posted:

Lots of rumors flying around right now, but nothing really confirmed. The police have closed off Assembly, College, and Park Streets. They also apparently believe the shooter is still in the building, so they've evacuated as much of it as they can, though the rest of the campus is in lockdown. This is horrific and surreal.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
The State is reporting Murder/Suicide and that the cautions have been lifted. :(

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That's awful :(

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

christ :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen