Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I would say the fact that they have (Tentative Title) in there prooooobably means we won't be seeing some of them this year though

You're right but also I wouldn't say those (tentative titles) say anything themselves, they just announced Mario vs. Donkey Kong's title last month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I am kinda hoping that wooly world turns out good. I know I'll be grabbing Kirby soon and I'm on board for day one purchase of Zelda and xenoblade whenever they come out but I'm wary of what yoshi or star Fox may turn out to be like.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The only TBA titles I have doubts about are Art Academy (it's already been delayed a bunch for no reason and they haven't said anything about it in ages) and Devil's Third (it's Devil's Third).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miiverse now has a "recommended users" page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/recommended_users

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

miiverse no

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rofl

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Miiverse

Miiverse

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I legitimately can't tell if that is an actual nine year old or somebody pretending to be one for humor purposes and I love that.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The only TBA titles I have doubts about are Art Academy (it's already been delayed a bunch for no reason and they haven't said anything about it in ages) and Devil's Third (it's Devil's Third).

Itagaki made one good game in the history of his career

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pre-order Mario Party 10 at Newegg for $44 shipped with promo code EMCANAS55, if you don't mind pre-ordering a game from Newegg. I buy my PC stuff from them but I hear they aren't the ideal choice for release day delivery.

edit: thought Mario Party 10 was going to be $60 and that this was an actual deal worth mentioning. I guess $6 can buy a sensible meal at a fast food establishment so there's that?

greatn posted:

I legitimately can't tell if that is an actual nine year old or somebody pretending to be one for humor purposes and I love that.

Misspelled Christmas, nailed unfortunately. Gimmick spotted.

enojy fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 5, 2015

KracKiwi
Mar 29, 2002

:byodood: well excuse me, princess!

enojy posted:

Pre-order Mario Party 10 at Newegg for $44 shipped with promo code EMCANAS55, if you don't mind pre-ordering a game from Newegg. I buy my PC stuff from them but I hear they aren't the ideal choice for release day delivery.

edit: thought Mario Party 10 was going to be $60 and that this was an actual deal worth mentioning. I guess $6 can buy a sensible meal at a fast food establishment so there's that?

Misspelled Christmas, nailed unfortunately. Gimmick spotted.

Newegg is also one of the few places you can order it online without being charged tax (for people living in New York at least).

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
What's the USB Y cable that people have been buying on amazon? I searched and all I see are DVI, female to male and other proprietary cables.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Fremry posted:

What's the USB Y cable that people have been buying on amazon? I searched and all I see are DVI, female to male and other proprietary cables.

Here's one for USB 3
http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-dual-Micro-B-Cable-Black/dp/B005M0ICG2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423152726&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+Y-cable

Here's one that'll just covert your USB cable to a Y cable.
http://www.amazon.com/OEM-UTStarcom-USB-Adapter-Cable/dp/B002W8EDOM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1423152726&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+Y-cable

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Do all hard drives require a Y cable to be hooked up properly...? I just hooked up a Seagate drive with external power in the past couple days with its normal cable, and I haven't had any problems yet. That being said, I only have the Metroid Prime trilogy on the hard drive right now, and I've only been able to play that for an hour so far, so I'm willing to believe problems could crop up with extended use or more games, etc.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Niemat posted:

Do all hard drives require a Y cable to be hooked up properly...? I just hooked up a Seagate drive with external power in the past couple days with its normal cable, and I haven't had any problems yet. That being said, I only have the Metroid Prime trilogy on the hard drive right now, and I've only been able to play that for an hour so far, so I'm willing to believe problems could crop up with extended use or more games, etc.

If it has external power, you do not need a Y cable. Y cables are for portable drives to give them juice in lieu of an external power brick.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Vegastar posted:

If it has external power, you do not need a Y cable. Y cables are for portable drives to give them juice in lieu of an external power brick.

Awesome! Thanks!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fremry posted:

This is the one I got. Seems to work pretty well, and it's actually a few dollars cheaper now than when I ordered it a week ago.

It's worth noting that, if you do want to use a USB 3.0 drive with the Wii U, there's no need to get a 3.0 cable; the Wii U doesn't support 3.0 anyway. If you've got a a Y-split micro USB cable it'll work fine with a 3.0 drive. [Edit: Oh, that linked one is actually cheaper than the Y split micro USB cables I've seen, that's odd. Probably not a bad buy after all.]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 5, 2015

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Ultigonio posted:

Miiverse

Miiverse

But does he like fried chicken?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

lelandjs posted:

It's worth noting that, if you do want to use a USB 3.0 drive with the Wii U, there's no need to get a 3.0 cable; the Wii U doesn't support 3.0 anyway. If you've got a a Y-split micro USB cable it'll work fine with a 3.0 drive. [Edit: Oh, that linked one is actually cheaper than the Y split micro USB cables I've seen, that's odd. Probably not a bad buy after all.]

I always forget that USB3 is such a wonky looking cable because it's got a 2 connector right in it. Hurf Durf. Still though, it is nice and cheap.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
So, Hyrule warriors: great zelda game or best zelda game?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Devil Wears Wings posted:

So, Hyrule warriors: great zelda game or best zelda game?

Ganondorf completes the triforce, and defeats both Zelda and Link. Best Zelda game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse pre-buy and pre-load are now live.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Boost Guardian sucks!!!!

(I still beat it)

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

jivjov posted:

Any idea how big that joker is

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Thanks. Had to go with the second one because it's a USB 2 drive from the mid-2000s.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

whaley posted:

Any idea how big that joker is

About 3.5 GB I think.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Regy Rusty posted:

Getting wrecked by Boost Guardian is one of those Echoes initiation rites everyone goes through.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Regy Rusty posted:

(I still beat it)

Now start a new game and beat it without a Dark Suit. :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Now start a new game and beat it without a Dark Suit. :v:

What the gently caress

Do people do that?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
That first cloaked drone fight in Prime1 made me feel the dumbest, I think. Kinda catches you off guard and there's no great immediately obvious way to fight it.

Also you can't scan it- Metroid Prime, does your cruelty know no bounds?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I would say the fact that they have (Tentative Title) in there prooooobably means we won't be seeing some of them this year though

That said I played Yoshi's Island for the first time recently. It's actually really fun and I am cautiously optimistic for Wooly World even if every single attempt at another Yoshi's Island was terrible

I think you're referring to Zelda. I remember way back in 2003, we didn't get the The Wind Waker's title until like, two months before release.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Regy Rusty posted:

What the gently caress

Do people do that?

I did it all the time. No-Dark Suit runs were my favorite way to play Echoes.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Regy Rusty posted:

What the gently caress

Do people do that?
Speedrunners certainly do.

Speedrunners also skip that part at the start where the Ing steal all your upgrades but

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

jivjov posted:

This game is gonna own

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Jarogue posted:

WHEN THE HELL DID SONIC BOOM WII U GET A UPDATE! I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD DOWNLOAD IT OR KEEP IT AS IT IS?

Did they fix Sonic's arms yet?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I need to visit the Art Academy Miiverse more often

Also this is ridiculous

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Advanced sensitivity is the best way to play the Prime Trilogy right? We can agree on that.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Anyone got a recommendation on a Wii U ethernet adapter? I can't seem to find a first-party Nintendo one, are all the other ones basically equal and I should just go with the cheapest?

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Jarogue posted:

Keep it as lovely broken game or fix it into a lovely boring game.
Spoiler: It's still plenty broken after the update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Paper Triangle posted:

Anyone got a recommendation on a Wii U ethernet adapter? I can't seem to find a first-party Nintendo one, are all the other ones basically equal and I should just go with the cheapest?

They're all about the same.

• Locked thread