Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jack's Flow posted:

Sample size and all, but still:

http://www.basketball-reference.com...at=&order_by=ws

He's singed to a minimum contract next year too.

I'd have to think he could ask for an extension after this year, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd have to think he could ask for an extension after this year, no?

He can't get an extension from the Heat

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-hassan-whiteside-s020315-story.html

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I can't read that article, can you post it here

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

The Glumslinger posted:

Pro tip just google search the title and click on it and then you will be able to see it. This works to bypass most newspapers stupid rear end paywall

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Glumslinger posted:

Basically, you need to have a 4 year contract to get an extension, and in 2 years he won't have bird rights (unless they wanted to get him for the MLE, but that ain't happening). So basically they have him for 2 years and then will need to bid on him the same way as everyone else.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

Someone please violently dunk on the arcade fire dude

He is way taller than you would expect the dude from arcade fire to be, so I don't see it. I suppose he could be the Shawn Bradley of the celebrity game, but I don't think Common and Nick Cannon are the ones to climb that mountain. Can the dude from 42 jump? Someone invite an NFL receiver or something so this can happen.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MourningView posted:

He is way taller than you would expect the dude from arcade fire to be, so I don't see it. I suppose he could be the Shawn Bradley of the celebrity game, but I don't think Common and Nick Cannon are the ones to climb that mountain. Can the dude from 42 jump? Someone invite an NFL receiver or something so this can happen.

Wasn't TO in a few celeb games a few years ago? I'd like to see other athletes join in on it although I'm sure there are contract clauses that would consider it "a risk".

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Brian Shaw has resorted to rapping personnel reports to make his boys like him

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

oh goddammit

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Cool Buff Man posted:

Brian Shaw has resorted to rapping personnel reports to make his boys like him

Wow thats loving cool

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

chunkles posted:

Rockets cancelled Patrick Beverley bobblehead night :tinfoil:

:ohdear:

I'm not eve sure what they could reasonably get for him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Intruder posted:

:ohdear:

I'm not eve sure what they could reasonably get for him

One slightly used Carl Landry and/or a Ramon Sessions who is a really good player

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILi7CNKpmu8
:(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

One slightly used Carl Landry and/or a Ramon Sessions who is a really good player

Sessions makes twice what Bev does

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Intruder posted:

Sessions makes twice what Bev does

So...you toss in Nick Johnson too then???

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

So...you toss in Nick Johnson too then???

Sorry I was just rubbing it in :v:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Why would they want to trade Beverly? Who is their other PG?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
JEREMY LIN

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

Jason Terry, or Isaiah Canaan who I am super mad is not playing at all because I am way behind on all the biblical references I was going to make about him

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Is there any way that it would make sense for them to end up with Deron Williams?

Edit: I am pretty sure they are not trading him and the bobbleheads were recalled because they kept tearing people's ACLs.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Got tix to see the Wizards play Brooklyn Saturday night. Hoping it'll be a good game

Sucks that Gortat shaved the Mohawk :(

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Are there really trade rumors with Beverley or is it just a case of the shipment from China being held up or something?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'd say because Denver is having an everything must go sale, but I don't know how it would work salary wise unless a lot of players got moved around.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Are there really trade rumors with Beverley or is it just a case of the shipment from China being held up or something?

It'd be news to me if there were trade rumors about him, but Morey is always looking to make moves so you never know

The most likely suspects for trade are probably Terry, Shved and Brewer, though I'd hate to see Brewer go. I really like him as a Rocket

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

euphronius posted:

My point wrt per 36 for rim protectors is that staying in the floor is a skill when you are being aggressive on defense.

Ahh, yeah, fouls per (whatever rate) is an important thing to keep in mind, but by leaving it up to per game you're kinda assuming a tight connection with defensive fouls limiting mpg, when there could be a fair amount of statistical wiggle depending on what's happening with pace, what's going on at the offense side of the floor, coaching choices, etc

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Niwrad posted:

No it's probably just that thing. Apparently they already screwed up a Clyde Drexler bobblehead earlier this year. But it is almost the trade deadline, and Daryl Morey is in charge of the whole thing, so.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Panama Red posted:

Got tix to see the Wizards play Brooklyn Saturday night. Hoping it'll be a good game

Sucks that Gortat shaved the Mohawk :(

Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett moving around in the last few years has done wonders to provoke eastern conference rivalries. The Nets, Raptors, and Wizards dislike each other a lot lately and it makes for passionate games, good luck to your viewing experience :]

edit: in case anyone was wondering as of the BKN v Trailblazers game cheapest Nets tickets were ~$12 and Knicks were still $50 minimum

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 5, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Someone on clutchfans called a team rep who said he expects the date for the Beverley bobbleheads to be moved

Also the Clyde Drexler one looks nothing like him

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

That is terrifying

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Why would Houston trade the anchor of their defense?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Who said they're trading James Harden?

:getin:

Bev's defense isn't so good as to make him untouchable, but man, Canaan manages to have even worse court vision than him so I'm pretty sure I'd want any trade involving Bev to have a PG coming back

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Josh Smith anchors the defense hahaha.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Josh Smith anchors the offense.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I just want to see 2 Chainz in the celeb game

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

JRizzle posted:

I just want to see 2 Chainz in the celeb game

Only if he pops out from under the court like he did during that putrid FOB performance. Who invited those idiots back to relevance anyways?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

thompson posted:

Only if he pops out from under the court like he did during that putrid FOB performance. Who invited those idiots back to relevance anyways?

I unironically listen to their poo poo and apparently a bunch of other music everyone here hates. I am a terrible person.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: that nerd Robert Pera is going to play in the celebrity game. Shameless

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Intruder posted:

Someone on clutchfans called a team rep who said he expects the date for the Beverley bobbleheads to be moved

The Magic are firing a bunch of assistants too: https://twitter.com/MagicInsider/status/563394975312781313

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Juaguocio posted:

The Magic are firing a bunch of assistants too: https://twitter.com/MagicInsider/status/563394975312781313

Haha so it's just gonna be an empty four spots or so and the guy who is the interim head coach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/adam-silver-says-the-nba--need-s--to-make-a-change--in-its-playoff-format-232835099.html

quote:

here’s what Silver said to the Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area Golden State broadcasting team while being interviewed during last night’s thrilling Warriors win over Dallas:

“Ultimately we want to see your best teams in the playoffs. And there is an unbalance and a certain unfairness. There is a proposal (from one of the broadcasters)… where the division winners would all automatically go into the playoffs and then you’d seed the next 10 best teams. I think that’s the kind of proposal we need to look at. There are travel issues of course, but in this day in age every team of course has their own plane, travels charter. I don’t think the discussion should end there. And as I’ve said, my first year I was studying a lot of these issues and year two is time to take action. It’s something I’m going to look at closely with the competition committee. I do think it’s an area where we need to make a change.”

• Locked thread