Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Genghis was a scrub; Timur was the real deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Acropolis posted:

hmm... Not buying it, I gis "oversized novelty microscope" and this is the first result I got:

Jokes aside, I think the only reloading press I've seen before now is the one from the Bert's basement in Tremors.

Have to admit, I recognized it because of Fallout: New Vegas.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

loquacius posted:

I will fight you.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Agents are GO! posted:

Have to admit, I recognized it because of Fallout: New Vegas.

I honestly didn't even know handloading was a thing before New Vegas. Seems like a great way for rednecks to ruin their guns/fingats.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

WitchFetish posted:

Poor plucky little Putin, why does the mean USA keep on bullying him?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Goons constantly misinterpreting Latuff to fit their personal narrative of him is one of the funniest things itt

See?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
All these "ISIS are bad" cartoons are very hard hitting and eye opening. Really makes you think, don't they?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

loquacius posted:

(1) Yes. Yes, we are. The US is bombing the absolute poo poo out of ISIS, allowing the Kurds to mop them up easily. I still don't get why the right is trying to pretend nothing is happening.
Signe isn't a conservative. It's possible to say poo poo sucks without it having to be slotted neatly into one end or the other of a dichotomy.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Venom Snake posted:

[Latuff]'s actually the best cartoonist in this thread

This, unironically.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

All these "ISIS are bad" cartoons are very hard hitting and eye opening. Really makes you think, don't they?

Before, I had a fairly pedestrian opinion of ISIS: simply that they were probably bad.

Now these cartoons have opened my eyes to all the nuance of it, it's amazing! ISIS is bad... just like the devil is!!! And they're so bad, they might set the earth on fire! They will probably go into a history book, a book about how they were bad, did you know that? I didn't. So many details my brain was just not grasping before.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Mo0 posted:

At least it's not NPR, where a single story will call it "ISIL", "ISIS", "The group commonly known as ISIS, or the Islamic State", "The self-proclaimed Islamic State", and various combinations thereof, all at once. They can't just loving PICK ONE.

NPR actually has a pretty clear guideline on this. They call it the "Self Proclaimed Islamic State" or an equivalent phrase in the first reference. Subsequent references are to ISIS, with an explanation of alternate references where necessary (for example, if they are cutting to a clip of John Kerry calling the group ISIL, they will explain that ISIS is commonly also referred to as ISIL).

Here's a link to the policy. What's in a name.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Gravel Gravy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6vqPUM_FE

I'm surprised how quickly the rage machine churns.

Annoys me that you did not use the Fallout 3 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPt08UYmyMo

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah I mean NPR's always been one of the better news outlets in terms of naming things "correctly," like they were the first one to apologize for misnaming and misgendering Chelsea Manning.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Funosaurus posted:

Am I missing something or does the site you linked not back up your claim? The 2012 numbers do but not the 2013 numbers. Just a heads up before you make a fool of yourself in front of some xenophobic idiot.

not sure if theres an error in that or what to explain a 10% drop suddenly for mexico, even with a change in legislation thats a huge disparity from all the other years.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
It's completely valid to point out that U.S. support for pro-Western movements in Ukraine was motivated primarily by geopolitical concerns and was a de-facto attack on the Russian sphere of influence. That fact, of course, does not excuse Russia for participating in an increasingly bloody civil war, but you cannot pretend that the U.S. had no part in instigating it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Flip Yr Wig posted:

It's completely valid to point out that U.S. support for pro-Western movements in Ukraine was motivated primarily by geopolitical concerns and was a de-facto attack on the Russian sphere of influence. That fact, of course, does not excuse Russia for participating in an increasingly bloody civil war, but you cannot pretend that the U.S. had no part in instigating it.

What support?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I honestly didn't even know handloading was a thing before New Vegas. Seems like a great way for rednecks to ruin their guns/fingats.

It can be, but it's also a big money-saver as the brass casing itself is one of the most expensive parts and is reusable. Also plenty of cartridges are largely expensive due to not presently being mass-produced. The savings of reusing brass are even greater in those cases.

Also some people get into reloading/handloading because they're developing new cartridges; basically every "magnum" round was the result of Elmer Keith tinkering with handloads, and then there's gimmicks like the Eargesplitten Loudenboomer

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Broken Cog posted:

What support?

President McCain visited the protesters and through sheer will turned the entire country against Putin.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Broken Cog posted:

At least none of the cartoonists have stooped so low as to support them. Brownie points?

How are u posted:

Just saw this breaking news on my facebook 'trending' thingy, of all places. Should make for some terrible cartoons~

'Bazinga' - Vladimir Putin - cray nccuw - Gary Mccoy

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

What a monumentally retarded motherfucker.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

What's that? Mexico recently passed universal healthcare? Nonsense, Brown People are inherently dirty and diseased!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

What support?
my vision literally faded for a second while reading this post

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The main danger is accidentally putting two "charges" of powder in a bullet. You're pretty much required to follow a reloading manual and most just slightly adjust powder values to alter the accuracy of the bullet for a particular rifle (this is rather rare AFAIK as most calibers have such ammo commercially available).

At the time of making the bullet, it's safe as long as you aren't smoking,licking lead bullets or something. Still wouldn't let a kid do it.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Picnic Princess posted:

Reminder that Rob Smith Jr. is incapable of putting the correct zip code and postage on his mail and he thinks that makes the Post Office look dumb.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://www.robsright.com

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

loquacius posted:

Lazybones never even made it to China because he was too busy playing around with Bayezid in Anatolia. What a chump.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010
Wow, so there is some Rob Smith we seemed to have missed.

Yet another "a thing happened" inflated footbal one:

And another piece of evidence that he's actually a deep cover troll:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Cpt.Americant posted:

Yet another "a thing happened" inflated footbal one:

I need a smugger version of :patssay: to really communicate my feelings about how the Deflategate thing turned out in the end

e: VVVVVVVVVVVVV Don't forget getting "billion" and "trillion" mixed up while in the process of calling someone else bad at math VVVVVVVVVVVV

loquacius fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 5, 2015

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

So he gets the deficit confused with debt and I am guessing is confusing a '-' with a '+'?

Or
"If we don't do something to boost education in the US it will be disastrous. AGC"

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Mister Adequate posted:

Yeah but the dude also has serious class and panache. He doesn't gently caress humanity over with anything as crass as burning people alive, that's afterwards once they've already fallen. Old Nick engineers the fall in the first place through lies and subtlety, at best he'll figure Islamic State are useful idiots.

Three variants on caveman weapons then a jump from a stone axe to a flintlock pistol. Spears and swords never existed. This bugs my inner milsperg :bravo:

How do you know it's not a matchlock, smart guy?

Gunchat reminds me, the tea party fuckjob who got elected last year (he had the endorsement of the Gun Owners of America, an extreme rightwing version of the NRA) to represent this area has introduced the Firearms Freedom Act that a bunch of other states have. It says any gun made entirely within the state isn't subject to federal law. Sounds like some kind of militia stockpile recipe. Anyway, we asked him "How does your bill address firearms freedom?" and he went on and on about jobs. Nothing about "firearms" or "freedom," and nothing at all like what the original author of the bill has said about that meddlin' government.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

I know I just said this, but god drat Rob Smith Jr. is either a colossal idiot or a deep cover troll.

First, 18 trillion is the debt not the deficit. The national deficit was about $483 billion in 2014.

Second, the spending is $60 billion over ten years, so an addition of $6 billion to the deficit, not $60 billion.

Third, if you give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume he meant debt, rather than deficit, Rob Smith Jr. wants us to freak out that in 10 years the debt will go from $18 trillion all the way to $18.06 trillion.

Fourth, why is he subtracting $60 billion from the deficit? :psyduck:

E: :argh: Cpt. Americant and Gravel Gravy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not My Leg posted:

I know I just said this, but god drat Rob Smith Jr. is either a colossal idiot or a deep cover troll.

First, 18 trillion is the debt not the deficit. The national deficit was about $483 billion in 2014.

Second, the spending is $60 billion over ten years, so an addition of $6 billion to the deficit, not $60 billion.

Third, if you give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume he meant debt, rather than deficit, Rob Smith Jr. wants us to freak out that in 10 years the debt will go from $18 trillion all the way to $18.06 trillion.

Fourth, why is he subtracting $60 billion from the deficit? :psyduck:

E: :argh: Cpt. Americant and Gravel Gravy.

Also it's a third of a percent increase in the national debt, which I doubt will be the last straw.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ague Proof posted:

At least none of the cartoonists have stooped so low as to support them. Brownie points?

A voice echoes out of the darkness, leaving behind only the faint impression of a poorly-planned venn diagram and the smell of cuckoo eggs...

"Thank God all those Muslims have taken a break from threatening Israel... to go kill each other instead... Buyyyy my booooooook...!"

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Political Cartoons 2015: PEW! PEW! PEW! beepo womp womp

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
A lot of people literally don't understand the difference between "debt" and "deficit" and also think that when the government is running a "surplus" it means that the entire government is debt-free and has extra money, and not that it's gotten more money than it has spent that fiscal period.

This means that there are some Americans who think we've gone from being debt free to having an 18 trillion dollar "deficit" since the Bush administration.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 5, 2015

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010
So I started looking up other thread favorites to see if we missed any. I didn't see this Bagley:

Or these Bennets:

Edit: and a few more.

Bronco made this:

But on the plus side, the facial expression on this elephant:

And I don't know this artist, but I like it:

Cpt.Americant fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 5, 2015

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Re: debt talk, I'll just leave this here because I thought it was a good visualization. Those Reagan years :allears:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

alnilam posted:

Re: debt talk, I'll just leave this here because I thought it was a good visualization. Those Reagan years :allears:

Uh yeah but look at that debt under FDR, who was a Democrat. The New Deal really sunk the country.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Trying... to think... of something that happened between 1941 and 1945....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

alnilam posted:

Trying... to think... of something that happened between 1941 and 1945....

The 1944 Olympics?

• Locked thread