Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Are you sure about this? He was gaining 2 full HP per food and healed to full after just a few food.

Yeah my leper has like 80+HP and gains 4hp per food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

I'm wondering if my save is bugged, since I've never seen anything other than both a positive and a negative quirk for each and every character for 27ish missions in a row.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Since the adventurer HP is shown with decimals, I guess it's the same thing for monsters and damage. I just had a monster sith 0hp, it went down with the next hit.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Since the adventurer HP is shown with decimals, I guess it's the same thing for monsters and damage. I just had a monster sith 0hp, it went down with the next hit.

That feeling when a monster is at 1hp, and you want to kill it with a -100% dmg mod skill like Bounty Hunter Mark... and it survives at 0hp...

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I've taken to giving my characters last names based on their best abilities, just so I can find them easier in my roster.

Many Stunnas, Tanks, Heals, and Zerks have fallen in the quest for glorious battle.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think this game has a very solid groundwork, it just needs more variety to give it longevity. Their are two dungeons still to be added but I would definitely like more classes. Also for them to be balanced better, because right now I don't see any reason I shouldn't be running with 3 Hellions other than for the sake of fun.

Speaking of which, is there any way to increase move resist? I want to use the Leper but he has zero positioning skills that I could see, so I'm wondering if there is a way to keep him rooted in front other than pure luck.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
I think relics are your only real bet. I found some green boots that increased it, but discarded them.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

I think this game has a very solid groundwork, it just needs more variety to give it longevity. Their are two dungeons still to be added but I would definitely like more classes. Also for them to be balanced better, because right now I don't see any reason I shouldn't be running with 3 Hellions other than for the sake of fun.

Speaking of which, is there any way to increase move resist? I want to use the Leper but he has zero positioning skills that I could see, so I'm wondering if there is a way to keep him rooted in front other than pure luck.

Trinkets would be the main thing

Arbalest and Man-at-arms are apparently pretty much done. Just depends how soon they will make it ingame. Also class passives/boni are not in yet, and i'm not sure what they will be like. will they be random or selectable like combat skills/camp skills (i.e. pick X out of y)? "semi-permanent" like traits? permanent at birth?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

One class hasn't even been revealed yet, and there are a few others that aren't in the game: houndmaster, arbalest, man-at-arms, merchant. I think that's it?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Insect Court posted:

One of the things that bugs me is the way that character progression seems like a very flat curve. Skill and weapon/armor changes seem to be relatively tiny, and the overall effect of quirks on most of my higher level characters seem to be negative. The big upside to higher reputation is lower stress damage, but that feels arbitrary and gamey. I was hoping for more skills, or new functionality to existing ones. Maybe even a rudimentary stat/skill point to have some control over how characters evolve.

Yeah I think character advancement is the most lacking part of the game right now. Just a regular ol skilltree would do wonders for this game

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

FreeKillB posted:

I think relics are your only real bet. I found some green boots that increased it, but discarded them.

Yeah there are some move resist boots, I've been really looking hard for a pair.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It's really, really, really, really fuckin lovely that like lv3 guys won't even come along to kill the lv1 bosses. Just got a lv2 Bounty Hunter with improved weapons and armor killed and I blame it entirely on my shithead Highwayman who refused to come.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what if they weighted it by average or something

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargghhhhhhhhhhhh

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 6, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'm running dual those on my Crusader, 110% bleed, blight, and disease resist. :smug:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Broken Cog posted:

I'm running dual those on my Crusader, 110% bleed, blight, and disease resist. :smug:

Oh I want it for my occultist >_<

It'd make his heals so much safer.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait, occultist's bleed resist is what counts for his heal?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tollymain posted:

No, he gets -16% to bleed procs with that trinket, so you'd be less likely to bleed your guys when you heal.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tollymain posted:

That can't be right, it has to be the targets bleed resist.

e: ^^^ that

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh i see i'm dumbbbbb

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Notorious QIG posted:

No, he gets -16% to bleed procs with that trinket, so you'd be less likely to bleed your guys when you heal.

Right, exactly. It's the first item I've seen that actually makes your offensive bleed skills weaker.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
does a +% chance to bleed trinket work for all of your skills or just ones that already have bleed?

edit: Also will higher than 100% start negating resistances? I'm kind of confused about how some things in this game are calculated

Clever Spambot fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 6, 2015

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Do you have enough crests to reduce the shop prices?

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
What does protection do? Is it a % damage reduction?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Yeah there are some move resist boots, I've been really looking hard for a pair.

I just got one from the Swine Prince. Unfortunately, its pretty poo poo for the Leper since the penalty is too accuracy. Ideal for a Vestal though since they are useless when they get pulled up front, so I'll do anything to prevent that even if it makes some attacks whiff. My problem with the Leper's lack of mobility mainly comes up during surprise attacks though, which I don't think move resist even factors in. I wish I understood surprise attacks better. I know its influenced by torch level but I've been ambushed at 100 light and surprised the enemy at 0.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Notorious QIG posted:

...Oh my God.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
There's an ancestral quality hellion trinket that gives mad crit, put two of them on a hellion, bring some manner of healer and two random dorks to carry torches or sing songs or what loving ever while the hellion crits 3 people to death in a single turn.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
So an occultist + multiple bounty hunters is crazy. I just cut down the Swine King in two rounds (wilbur took 2 more but w/e). Once you've got a large cushion of gold you can make this game pretty easy. I expect that I'll finish the last two bosses and then either take a break or start playing from scratch with a handicap. I guess I haven't played with a leper at all or the jester past lvl 1.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I wouldn't mind the hag fights very much if the empty pot remembered its health value and didn't have so much defense that all attacks did 1 damage so it was actually possible to break it and prevent more people being thrown in the pot while also opening the witch to melee attacks, but as it is a leper is completely dead weight in that fight except as pot fodder. The optimal strategy should be to burn the witch down with ranged attacks (since she seems impossible to pull or shuffle) but I don't really like that it appears to be the only strategy. I'd like more options.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Internet Kraken posted:

I just got one from the Swine Prince. Unfortunately, its pretty poo poo for the Leper since the penalty is too accuracy. Ideal for a Vestal though since they are useless when they get pulled up front, so I'll do anything to prevent that even if it makes some attacks whiff. My problem with the Leper's lack of mobility mainly comes up during surprise attacks though, which I don't think move resist even factors in. I wish I understood surprise attacks better. I know its influenced by torch level but I've been ambushed at 100 light and surprised the enemy at 0.

Oh dammit. There's a move pendant too but it also debuffs accuracy.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

drat, by far the worst thing in the game so far are the uninterruptable barks of insane people.

Brought 2 Hellions, a Vestal and a Grave Robber (all fresh) for the Necromancer fight. Everything went well until I needed one more shovel for some rubble and a couple fights where I got surprised (at full light of course). Both Hellions were almost dead so I moved them to the back. Managed to win because the Vestal could mostly keep them alive at Death's Door through her party heal but man, every turn I needed to wait for 20 seconds for them all to shut the gently caress up.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

:stare: Worth every penny.

Clever Spambot posted:

does a +% chance to bleed trinket work for all of your skills or just ones that already have bleed?

edit: Also will higher than 100% start negating resistances? I'm kind of confused about how some things in this game are calculated

Yeah only works for things that already have it.

And we're not sure, but the working theory is that yeah, you could pump above 100% to reduce resists, like THAC0 numbers or some poo poo. But we're not sure.

Lotish posted:

I wouldn't mind the hag fights very much if the empty pot remembered its health value and didn't have so much defense that all attacks did 1 damage so it was actually possible to break it and prevent more people being thrown in the pot while also opening the witch to melee attacks, but as it is a leper is completely dead weight in that fight except as pot fodder. The optimal strategy should be to burn the witch down with ranged attacks (since she seems impossible to pull or shuffle) but I don't really like that it appears to be the only strategy. I'd like more options.

I agree completely. Are you able to shuffle the hag or the pot, or pushback the pot? If not, I think you should be able to. I didn't even try though because I figured it wouldn't work.

That fight is just a ranged blitz otherwise.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 6, 2015

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Zaphod42 posted:

:stare: Worth every penny.

Yeah only works for things that already have it.

And we're not sure, but the working theory is that yeah, you could pump above 100% to reduce resists, like THAC0 numbers or some poo poo. But we're not sure.

I have definitely applied bleeds to things that don't have blood thanks to trinkets. :iia:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Zaphod42 posted:

I agree completely. Are you able to shuffle the hag or the pot, or pushback the pot? If not, I think you should be able to. I didn't even try though because I figured it wouldn't work.

That fight is just a ranged blitz otherwise.

I just did the level 3 Hag for the first time and she seemed a lot easier; the pot didn't have that many HP, to the point that I was able to two-shot it both times someone went in.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I just did the level 3 Hag for the first time and she seemed a lot easier; the pot didn't have that many HP, to the point that I was able to two-shot it both times someone went in.

If you mark the pot, it stays marked, and my bounty hunter was able to one shot it every time someone went in, even with an unupgraded weapon.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I JUST got that trinket for killing the Necro Apprentice :smuggo:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

After 5 more tries and a lot of luck finally getting a party together with the right skills I beat a single dungeon!! They came out of it with almost full HP and not too low sanity, they did well thanks to a lot of stunning.

Then I used my "B team" to try the Warrens because one of my dudes had a bonus there. I was doing great until the last room where the enemy some how surprised me, hosed my turn order, and hit me with a bunch of criticals sending them into a stress spiral. I couldn't even retreat until my idiot healer died because she kept preventing us from running away.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Lotish posted:

If you mark the pot, it stays marked, and my bounty hunter was able to one shot it every time someone went in, even with an unupgraded weapon.

That's exactly what I did too. Party was Crusader, Jester, BH, Occultist. Did two runs in a row and took her out fairly readily both times.

I do feel for the poor Leper though. Just not a good choice for that fight.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This game is so disgustingly beautiful. Almost every new enemy I encounter is both amazing and horrifying. I can't wait to see the horrible aquatic beasts that will be in the Cove dungeon.

I mean, the Warrens already have cthulhu worms :cthulhu:

That's exactly what I did too. Party was Crusader, Jester, BH, Occultist. Did two runs in a row and took her out fairly readily both times.

I do feel for the poor Leper though. Just not a good choice for that fight.

I like the Leper but he feels like one of the weakest classes. I mean when he can just hang out in front being a wall and chopping enemies to bits he's great. Every class is great when they are in their element though. The most dangerous fights are the ones where you lose control and get caught out of position. In those situations, the Leper is utterly useless. He's got no mobility skills to get back up front and can't do anything from the back. That makes him inferior to all the other classes that can either do things from the back or move up to the front without spending several turns shuffling through the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Internet Kraken posted:

This game is so disgustingly beautiful. Almost every new enemy I encounter is both amazing and horrifying. I can't wait to see the horrible aquatic beasts that will be in the Cove dungeon.

I mean, the Warrens already have cthulhu worms :cthulhu:

I like the Leper but he feels like one of the weakest classes. I mean when he can just hang out in front being a wall and chopping enemies to bits he's great. Every class is great when they are in their element though. The most dangerous fights are the ones where you lose control and get caught out of position. In those situations, the Leper is utterly useless. He's got no mobility skills to get back up front and can't do anything from the back. That makes him inferior to all the other classes that can either do things from the back or move up to the front without spending several turns shuffling through the party.

Yeah I love all the designs. If you look into the games files, some of the art for the Cove is already in the data. It looks pretty dang cool.

The Leper has a big curve. He starts out pretty weak comparatively but once you upgrade him he's top-tier. He hits harder than anything else in the game. He's just got the most limited moveset by far, most limited range by far, and extremely low starting accuracy. You kinda have to build the rest of your party around having a Leper, and get some good gear for him, but once you do he's really really good.

He's like the D&D 'wizard', who levels up on an exponential scale while the warrior levels up on a linear scale. Starts weak and ends OP as gently caress.