Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Oh, I thought the white one was Kaka. I guess I sort of see what you're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
How the hell did Acacia even discover Pair.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Nahxela posted:

How the hell did Acacia even discover Pair.

I wonder the same thing about a lot of real life foods, to be honest.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

davidHalestorm posted:

It's on page 16, it seemed grabbing the monkey king's balls gave Toriko's multi-dimensional sight or something, since we can see Komatsu missing heart

Are you sure he didn't just feel Bambina's heartbeat? Try that on your buddy and see if you can't feel his heat beat.

KoB
May 1, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

I wonder the same thing about a lot of real life foods, to be honest.

People were really drat hungry

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

KoB posted:

People were really drat hungry

So they were like "hey let's bury these duck eggs in the ground for a few years and see what happens to them"..?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

dragon enthusiast posted:

So they were like "hey let's bury these duck eggs in the ground for a few years and see what happens to them"..?

not really.
It was more like 'this mud can preserve stuff, cant use it on meat....lets try eggs now.'

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Oh good, Pedobear finally makes an appearance!

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
So i just realized how they are going to fix komatsu. Or at least i think this will happen. When Toriko grabs the king's junk, he got a brief glimpse into that other space or whatever that Teppei used to take Komatsu's heart. Thats why there was a big heart outside that ring when he grabbed it. I guess eating/smelling/whatever they are going to do with his nuts will give Toriko the ability to cross into that nether space and retrieve Komatsu's heart, rather than having the ingredient regrow it like we've seen before. I'm not sure if that was obvious, but it just hit me the second time i read it.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

not really.
It was more like 'this mud can preserve stuff, cant use it on meat....lets try eggs now.'
The weird part for me is they came up with this and were like "yeah let's eat this thing"

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
"Let's play with this incredibly strong monkey until his balls get really moist and then tear them off and eat them"

I guess the gourmet cell/inner demon hunger thing could identify good stuff, like what was going on with Toriko in this chapter.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fecha posted:

The weird part for me is they came up with this and were like "yeah let's eat this thing"

"These eggs are going to go bad and we'll starve to death. Is there any way to make them last forever?"

Literally every crazy weird exotic food like century eggs stems from a culture desperate to preserve food in any way possible, and then just becoming a staple of the cuisine in certain regions or a matter of civic pride that they can eat it when others can't.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

pentyne posted:

"These eggs are going to go bad and we'll starve to death. Is there any way to make them last forever?"

Literally every crazy weird exotic food like century eggs stems from a culture desperate to preserve food in any way possible, and then just becoming a staple of the cuisine in certain regions or a matter of civic pride that they can eat it when others can't.
Icelandic rotten shark meat almost makes sense now!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'd say it's more of an accident if they find something that works. Probably due to a bet. "I dare you to eat that rotting grass juice" and we get beer.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fecha posted:

Icelandic rotten shark meat almost makes sense now!

"Hooray! Something other then turnips!"

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'd say it's more of an accident if they find something that works. Probably due to a bet. "I dare you to eat that rotting grass juice" and we get beer.

So many food traditions especially pickling and preserving must've all been discovered through dumb luck and desperation. Most people lived at near starvation levels for thousands of years during bad harvests that they would've tried anything that wasn't literal poison. The weird ones are the techniques that take 3-5 years and a ton of other foodstuff to preserve, like funazushi, because by that point it's a luxury and no longer essential preservation.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Rudoku posted:

Are you sure he didn't just feel Bambina's heartbeat? Try that on your buddy and see if you can't feel his heat beat.

Good idea. Brb.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Heres every screen shot of Toriko I took while reading it on my phone. This manga Ftw.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Oh god I do this too. I mostly just save crazy-faces and amazing two page spreads.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Never forget the time Toriko grabbed a monkey by it's balls.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Grabbed yhe balls so he could eat them.

cut the balls.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Feb 10, 2015

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 312 is out

"I mean, anybody'd be mad if ya grabbed their balls." Also, Komatsu woke up. Didn't even need a kiss from prince charming.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Looks like the smell of balls was all it took for Komatsu's heart to grow back. And his heart grew three sizes that day

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
hahaha that shockwave

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

This chapter seemed real short this week.

Or I just wanted more. I'd believe either way.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So what was kaka about to do before koko pulled a Dracula anyways?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I don't know but I suddenly don't trust her.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

loving satellites. This manga is the best.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Maybe the sound of those balls were enough to resuscitate Komatsu, at least temporarily.

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I assume kidnap Komatsu or something like that. Maybe try to find that cook book he took from the Pyramid?
He's been talked up as an important dude, and it wouldn't be the first time someone tried to nab him.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That really raises the question of what her agenda here is, though. Kaka is clearly more powerful, or at least more skilled and knowledgeable, than the protagonists. Besides knowledge of Enbu (and being able to practice it, given how easily she's enduring the super-gravity), we got things like her not being particularly distressed by area-attacks aimed at the group and so on. She's also helping them a lot; they'd have been utterly screwed many times over by now without her assistance. If she were planning on betraying them, she's well, well past the opportune point, unless there's something she wanted first. Lack of confidence in her own ability to acquire Pair, perhaps, and her going for Komatsu now is her thinking they're going to fail and thus cutting her losses? It's a bit strange, really.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nahxela posted:

Maybe the sound of those balls were enough to resuscitate Komatsu, at least temporarily.

I assume kidnap Komatsu or something like that. Maybe try to find that cook book he took from the Pyramid?
He's been talked up as an important dude, and it wouldn't be the first time someone tried to nab him.

Supposedly Komatsu got a glimpse of some special book that contained a bunch of old and important food preparation techniques iirc before it was destroyed

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Supposedly Komatsu got a glimpse of some special book that contained a bunch of old and important food preparation techniques iirc before it was destroyed

This happened during the Mellow Cola arc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

That really raises the question of what her agenda here is, though. Kaka is clearly more powerful, or at least more skilled and knowledgeable, than the protagonists. Besides knowledge of Enbu (and being able to practice it, given how easily she's enduring the super-gravity), we got things like her not being particularly distressed by area-attacks aimed at the group and so on. She's also helping them a lot; they'd have been utterly screwed many times over by now without her assistance. If she were planning on betraying them, she's well, well past the opportune point, unless there's something she wanted first. Lack of confidence in her own ability to acquire Pair, perhaps, and her going for Komatsu now is her thinking they're going to fail and thus cutting her losses? It's a bit strange, really.

If she is stronger, then she can turn on them at any time. If she can gain their willing cooperation by posing as an ally, then why not?

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
I guess I assumed Kaka was going for the nuclear option now that Toriko goosed the monkey king and doomed the crew to death, and went back for that allergy plant. Is it possible she was reaching for it instead of Komatsu? Not that I would rule out the heel-turn, haven't all the nitros been assholes so far?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I guess I assumed Kaka was going for the nuclear option now that Toriko goosed the monkey king and doomed the crew to death, and went back for that allergy plant. Is it possible she was reaching for it instead of Komatsu? Not that I would rule out the heel-turn, haven't all the nitros been assholes so far?

Oxxidation posted:

The only good Nitro is a dead Nitro.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

The old pervy nitro, chichi, wasn't so bad all things considered. :shrug:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I forgot about that piranha plant... Its such a cute harbinger of death. :3:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I think Kaka has already had a few ominous "I'm secretly evil" closeups in the recent chapters

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Law Cheetah posted:

I think Kaka has already had a few ominous "I'm secretly evil" closeups in the recent chapters

It's a weird thing that the Manga does.
People with evil intention just look evil.
And if they dont normally then you know the evil face is going to be something amazing.

I'd imagine that Kaka was going to kill Komatsu so he wouldn't fall into the wrong hands.
Food memory is a thing in this series.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I'm thinking maybe that Komatsu is a poison doll. When Kaka was acting shady before we see Coco go check on Komatsu. I'm guessing the reason Zebra was a poison doll earlier is because the real him was off placing the real Matsu somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Chapter
So Kaka was definitely up to something evil. And the true secret to obtaining Pair is to be the Bambina's dance partner. Hopefully it's not a mating ritual.

• Locked thread