Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I had so much of that stuff as a kid. I think I had almost every Hasbro figure up until the last series or two. I vividly remember doing an entire storyline where IRS tied Tatanka in the ropes and destroyed his ceremonial head dress (which I made out of construction paper) before seeing the same drat thing happen on TV two weeks later. Blew my mind.

The Hasbro figures have to have been the best ones they did. The LJN ones were these huge rubber monstrosities and the Jakks ones were alright and I had a million of those as well, but something about the Hasbro figures was just so on point. Maybe something to do with the figures actually having different molds/body types?

Man. That poo poo ruled. drat YOU, TOYS! drat YOU, CHILDHOOD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Phenix Rising posted:

I had so much of that stuff as a kid. I think I had almost every Hasbro figure up until the last series or two. I vividly remember doing an entire storyline where IRS tied Tatanka in the ropes and destroyed his ceremonial head dress (which I made out of construction paper) before seeing the same drat thing happen on TV two weeks later. Blew my mind.

The Hasbro figures have to have been the best ones they did. The LJN ones were these huge rubber monstrosities and the Jakks ones were alright and I had a million of those as well, but something about the Hasbro figures was just so on point. Maybe something to do with the figures actually having different molds/body types?

Man. That poo poo ruled. drat YOU, TOYS! drat YOU, CHILDHOOD!

I had the LJN ones as a kid, and while they had no articulation, those fuckers could take a beating and you never had to worry about accidentally breaking one. Had the ring too, and ended up creating my own little fed with titles and supercards.

I'm also not ashamed to admit that the name I used for my fed, I still use for my main brand in the WWE2K's universe mode.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Davros1 posted:

I had the LJN ones as a kid, and while they had no articulation, those fuckers could take a beating and you never had to worry about accidentally breaking one. Had the ring too, and ended up creating my own little fed with titles and supercards.

My cats would chew on all of the rubber LJN guys. They all wound up with weird half-hands with metal wires sticking out of their bodies. So many fingers and noses lost :(

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Scott Hall.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ugh, I hate it when the films differ from the book that much.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Say Nothing posted:

Scott Hall.

Magnum P.I.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Purple masked Kane looks pretty cool, he probably would have looked pretty good if he wrestled in those colors.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

simosimo posted:

Bonus round

They started making full scale rings and with intricate parts like aprons and turnbuckles. Are you kiddin' me. Jealous. But proud to not be a neckbeard wrestling figure goon these days.

They even do/did a scale CELL for the scaled ring. The thing must be fuckin huge! Would of killed for this as a kid. Bet its awkward to play with?

They had a scale Elimination Chamber, DX had a whole segment about it during Christmas. They actually had a smaller version before that with their smaller bounce rings, but a chamber for the scale rings was like massive.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

simosimo posted:

I got this one birthday/christmas and I wasn't sure what to make of it. I 'knew' of WCW but this was pre internet and being a kid, anything non WWF was weird! I loved having the stage and trusses. You even got a little ref. For some reason I hated battery operated features as I saw them as gimmicky even back bein a doofus kid. The middle of the ring had a fabric/stretchy cover with buttons underneath. If you held it down it counted 'one, two, three'. I believe there was another button for grunts.

The turnbuckles had triggers too for noises. And you could attach a figure to the entrance ramp and slide him down like Taker at wrestlemania. Not sure if there was music, but it was cool as a kid. There's probably some kid [read; man] on youtube doing a full review filmed by a DSLR

I have the Steiner action figure on that box and to this day he is proudly standing on my desk, flexing his peaks with the WWE Winged Eagle belt on his shoulder because Scotty is the best.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

KungFu Grip posted:

They had a scale Elimination Chamber, DX had a whole segment about it during Christmas. They actually had a smaller version before that with their smaller bounce rings, but a chamber for the scale rings was like massive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x5EvgMUvuA
Elimination Chamber Set Picture, with a PTSD Shawn Michaels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3uH1U7Fdpk
Another assorted Christmas commercial, featuring the Money in the Bank playset.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

incredible bear posted:

Oh hey you took a picture from my childhood. The Macho Man was kind of annoying to play with because he basically had wings sp was tough to do DDTs or anything with.

I had the Doink with "real hair" or whatever. That gimmick led to him winning a lot of Royal Rumbles and getting some major pushes in my bedroom. I think it was Yokozuna, where his legs were on a spring so he could to AWESOME terrible jumps off the top turnbuckle. Every Royal Rumble would have a spot where maybe Yokozuna got to stay in and fight or jumped out of the ring on his own accord.

This is why video games suck. Thanks for the nostalgia trip simosimo.

I can only imagine the number of times I made the Rockers fight Demolition for the tag belts. Jake the Snake was usually defending the championship against the Million Dollar Man.

Five year old me had good taste.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Everything that I believe in has been ruined.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Testekill posted:

Don't go back through Lana's twitter history.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Special gimmick wrestlers should be banned from social media :smith:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The allure of capitalism is strong but these two mighty soviet warriors have come back to glorious full communism. It is a heartwarming tale.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Did they start dating before the gimmick

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

Did they start dating before the gimmick

Pretty sure they did.

E. Also Rusev and Lana are a cute couple :3:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Rusev's ability to improvise, his selling of long-sustained attacks, and his work ethic has really won me over. I'm gonna be sad when he loses to Cena.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Testekill posted:

This is adorable, and only helps my view of Rusev as a giant sad teddy bear being forced to be mean.

Red jacket arrived for my Nakamura cosplay. Not sure on the wig will need some styling but still...YEOH!!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Germ Incubator posted:

This is adorable, and only helps my view of Rusev as a giant sad teddy bear being forced to be mean.

Red jacket arrived for my Nakamura cosplay. Not sure on the wig will need some styling but still...YEOH!!

Owns.

Now all you need to do is work on your arms.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Skeezy posted:

Owns.

Now all you need to do is work on your arms.

I don't think there's much hope there, maybe I can be the chibi version :P

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Germ Incubator posted:

Draw lazy anime eyes over your eyelids and proceed to walk around like a spastic.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Germ Incubator posted:

:3:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Xenoletum posted:

Rusev's ability to improvise, his selling of long-sustained attacks, and his work ethic has really won me over. I'm gonna be sad when he loses to Cena.

Same. I thought Lana was amazing from the get go, and Rusev was just another Umaga, but I am really rooting for him now. When he does the foot sell, and especially when the flag mucked up on raw and he went nuts. A few weeks back when Henry and Big show beat him up, he should of got babyface sympathy :colbert:

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I would pay thousands of pounds to see Nakamura vs Triple H in a Tokyo Dome/Wrestlemania level setting. Not even for the match (which would probably own) but for the entrances.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

simosimo posted:

Same. I thought Lana was amazing from the get go, and Rusev was just another Umaga, but I am really rooting for him now. When he does the foot sell, and especially when the flag mucked up on raw and he went nuts. A few weeks back when Henry and Big show beat him up, he should of got babyface sympathy :colbert:

I'll have you know Umaga was amazing :colbert:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TL posted:

I'll have you know Umaga was Umazing :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TL posted:

I'll have you know Yoomanga was yoomazing :colbert:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

:bahgawd: Work on your arms and up- upper- y'know, upper body... Then you'll be in the hunt.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

dsriggs posted:

:bahgawd: Work on your arms and up- upper- y'know, upper body... Then you'll be in the hunt.

Will I get my "push" then? *sip of Sonic Peach Tea*

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Testekill posted:

Time to freshen up the gimmick anyway.

"Now residing in Pensacola, he is the Golden Star recipient and HERO to the people of the Sunshine State..."

Can't wait for the first Jeb Bush tron.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Found yer boy MRT's Facebook.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

Found yer boy MRT's Facebook.

It's true. John Cena sucks Manny Mohamed likes anime.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

John Cena is into anime as well, which is where this gets muddy.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

oldpainless posted:

I'll have you know Umaga was Umazing :colbert:

When I say U- you say -Maga!

U!

*screams and samoan spikes someone*

Man telling a friend about the Umaga/Cena feud yesterday really made me miss Umaga :(

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Delsaber posted:

John Cena is into anime as well, which is where this gets muddy.

But Kofi also likes anime.

But then Sasha banks also likes anime...

I'm adrift in a sea contradicting coolness levels!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

But Kofi also likes anime.

But then Sasha banks also likes anime...

I'm adrift in a sea contradicting coolness levels!

Where does CM Punk fit into all of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Where does CM Punk fit into all of this?

Well, CM Punk is an anime, so I guess its a matter of self-esteem, but the question is if AJ likes anime. I mean, she married one, but she only ever cosplays as the videogames and she seems to like the My Little Ponies which everyone knows aren't animes.

This rabbit hole runs deep.