Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

booshi posted:

drat that's quick to see a psych and get a diagnosis.

Maybe she self diagnosed based on what her tumblr followers told her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I bet she's always telling people she's 'a little OCD' too.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

david... posted:

I bet she's always telling people she's 'a little OCD' too.

No, see, in super tumblr-y circles, saying things like "ugh that show makes me depressed" and "I can't stay focused, I'm so ADD haha" is super ableist and ultra-wrong, because you can't claim to have characteristics of those disorders unless you actually have them. So she would probably just self-diagnose with actual OCD.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Double Plus Good posted:

No, see, in super tumblr-y circles, saying things like "ugh that show makes me depressed" and "I can't stay focused, I'm so ADD haha" is super ableist and ultra-wrong, because you can't claim to have characteristics of those disorders unless you actually have them. So she would probably just self-diagnose with actual OCD.

Depends on the depth of the tumblr. There's no universally accepted mindset there, except "extremes you never would have known about, that probably shouldn't exist."

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

It's not a real haiku, it doesn't have a nature theme! :argh:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

It's not a real haiku, it doesn't have a nature theme! :argh:

The nature of apathy.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not TMI if I ask! :cheeky: Welp, thanks for the awful truth.

I'm not saying any of this happened, but she specifically mentioned that the woman had to bend over and cough. It's a stretch, but there's a possibility that there could be a mess after that.

Period sneezes are the worst.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I'm not saying any of this happened, but she specifically mentioned that the woman had to bend over and cough. It's a stretch, but there's a possibility that there could be a mess after that.

Period sneezes are the worst.

This is true, although I could see something like that happening just from standing around too.

I also like that she was so panicked about the "green substance" on the water fountain because apparently she's never heard of patina. I don't think I've ever seen a water fountain (other than brand new ones) that didn't have at least a little bit of discoloration that comes when you expose metal to water constantly.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

walrusman posted:

Never mind that most Walmarts don't even have loss prevention, all have strict policies against pursuing or detaining shoplifters, and the fact that shoplifting isn't even a go-to-jail crime in most jurisdictions.

I suppose I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

walrusman posted:

Never mind that most Walmarts don't even have loss prevention, all have strict policies against pursuing or detaining shoplifters,

Where are you getting this from.? All the Wal-Marts up here have loss prevention and the Loss Prevention associates are allowed to detain and pursue shoplifters. Only the non LP associates can not pursue.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006
I've watched as large number of Wal-Mart employees will corner a shoplifter outside and not let him leave until cops arrive. They definitely have an LP presence, although I think part of it is that people are sick of people stealing poo poo and aren't putting up with it anymore.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

And that wicked warden's name... was Ilsa.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
http://www.11points.com/TV/11_Most_Scandalous_Saved_by_the_Bell_Revelations_in_Screech's_Autobiography

Autobiography by Dustin Diamond, AKA Screech from Saved By The Bell.
Boning chicks at Disneyland,.
He was totally hitting this hot cougar executive from NBC over the years but she's dead now so you can't ask her.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

OptimusShr posted:

Where are you getting this from.? All the Wal-Marts up here have loss prevention and the Loss Prevention associates are allowed to detain and pursue shoplifters. Only the non LP associates can not pursue.

Oregon, both from Walmart employees and cops. I suppose it could be different elsewhere.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

walrusman posted:

Oregon, both from Walmart employees and cops. I suppose it could be different elsewhere.

Possibly. I am in MA and all the ones that I know of have security in plainclothes. Always fun watching them get someone and then seeing the cops take them away in handcuffs.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
http://www.liftbump.com/2015/02/38783-man-pays-for-stolen-pizza-years-later/

Guy who runs a pizza shop receives a money order for $54 or so, from a man racked by guilt that he bounced a $20 check years ago.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

quote:

Girl Reports Me for Inappropriate Behavior On Match.com for Getting Her Naked !

...yep, no lie. We had an hour date and I suggested wine and a movie back at my place. She agrees (we had already kissed and talked about tons of different topics

Once bounced to the house, I wait 20 minutes then initiate escalation again on my bed. I start kissing her and then start to take her pants off and she grabs my hand so I say I respect whatever you want to do and sit back and stop. She then lays next to me we watch tv and I start kissing her again, this time she doesn't stop me and I get her pants off and as I go for a condom I realize I don't have one and she wants a condom. So I just give up. All escalation has stopped, I'm not forcing anything.

At this moment her Anti Slut Defense kicks in and she puts her clothes on and covertly slides out the door in like 15 seconds looking shamed and kinda embarrassed.

I receive an email from match.com in morning threatening to ban me for inappropriate conduct.

The red pill is cheating though right?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

:stare:

I can totally believe that happened. The STDH part for me is the whole "I go for a condom I realize I don't have one and she wants a condom" bit.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

:nallears:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

quote:

I wait 20 minutes then initiate escalation

Ugggh PUAs are just the worst.

Initiate sex routine alpha-prime, beep boop what is love I am a robot.

quote:

I start kissing her and then start to take her pants off and she grabs my hand so I say I respect whatever you want to do and sit back and stop. She then lays next to me we watch tv and I start kissing her again, this time she doesn't stop me and I get her pants off and as I go for a condom I realize I don't have one and she wants a condom. So I just give up. All escalation has stopped, I'm not forcing anything.

What? That doesn't even make sense. :psyduck:

quote:

At this moment her Anti Slut Defense kicks in and she puts her clothes on and covertly slides out the door in like 15 seconds looking shamed and kinda embarrassed.

:suicide:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Some Zero posted:

quote:

I start kissing her and then start to take her pants off and she grabs my hand so I say I respect whatever you want to do and sit back and stop.

The true STDH: a redpiller ever saying to a woman that he respects her.

quote:

"You are not a member of this community. Please respect that by not voting

Hahaha is redpill the only subreddit with this message? "Guyssssss stop being mean to my story about some whore who won't put out. Come ooooooon. :qq:"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Also, this dude is pushing really hard to "initiate escalation" but he doesn't have a condom ready? Redpiller going on a date doesn't have a condom? Really?

Then he says "she wanted a condom" like he'd be totally cool just going for it and hoping he doesn't knock her up.

Top Comment:

quote:

The problem was that you didn't do her

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Oh, Buzzfeed.

As much as I want to believe that this happened (short version: women sing TLC's "No Scrubs" at a street harasser to deter him), "breaking out into song" is pretty classic/standard STDH. At least most of the commenters are calling it out.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

Oh, Buzzfeed.

As much as I want to believe that this happened (short version: women sing TLC's "No Scrubs" at a street harasser to deter him), "breaking out into song" is pretty classic/standard STDH. At least most of the commenters are calling it out.

The only poo poo that happened

quote:

They got off the train before I could high-five them

Its like she was going for maximum STDH but couldn't quite pull it off.

And that street harasser was Albert Einstein!

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

It says a lot about this guy that once PIV sex was off the table, he was like "well I give up, nothing else to do here". The girl probably decided to bounce one she realized he wasn't going to go down on her.

Evelyn Nesbit has a new favorite as of 20:38 on Feb 6, 2015

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

It says a lot about this guy that once PIV sex was off the table, he was like "well I give up, nothing else to do here". The girl probably decided to bounce one she realized he wasn't going to go down on her.

lol only betas do that bro. - redpillers

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

walrusman posted:

I like that the author thinks people are always 100% honest about the circumstances that led to their incarceration. :rolleyes:

Every single person in jail was just trying to feed their families by stealing food from Walmart - the biggest and least-sympathetic victim of them all. Never mind that most Walmarts don't even have loss prevention, all have strict policies against pursuing or detaining shoplifters, and the fact that shoplifting isn't even a go-to-jail crime in most jurisdictions.

Down here in Eugene people definitely go to jail for shoplifting. When I worked at Macy's my register was right next to the LP office and I saw cops come in to pick people up all the time.

It was always an ugly scene.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

She probably left because that "escalation" stuff is really rapey and probably creeped her the gently caress out.

quote:

If at any point a girl wants you to stop, she will let you know. If she says “STOP,” or “GET AWAY FROM ME,” or shoves you away, you know she is not interested. It happens. Stop escalating immediately and say this line:

“No problem. I don’t want you to do anything you aren’t comfortable with.”

Memorize that line. It is your go-to when faced with resistance. Say it genuinely, without presumption. All master seducers are also masters at making women feel comfortable. You’ll be no different. If a woman isn’t comfortable, take a break and try again later.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Kimmalah posted:

All master seducers are also masters at making women feel comfortable. You’ll be no different. If a woman isn’t comfortable, take a break and try again later.

In five minutes. :dance:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Zaphod42 posted:

Ugggh PUAs are just the worst.

Initiate sex routine alpha-prime, beep boop what is love I am a robot.

What? That doesn't even make sense. :psyduck:

:suicide:

Of course she was embarrassed. His Mom & Dad had just walked in.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Kitty or fierce bitch? You decide posted:

Now the following is going to sound like something out of a soap opera or a bad rom com, but I swear to you it actually happened, unbelievable as I think it is too. Never underestimate a drama queen with princess complex! With that warning aside, on to the drama!
Well I decided to switch the wine for coffee instead, in case "the talk" went sour and my sister decided to speed and get pulled over and breath anything over .001 just to get me in trouble for "giving alcohol to a minor."
So I just texted her while she was on the way to my house "oh dear it looks like I'm out of wine, I hope coffee with whip cream is ok instead :)"

She was kind of pissy about it when she got to me and future hubby's place, but there wasn't much she could do about it, ya know? Future husband (who we will call FH from here on for short) was at his best friend's house playing video games to avoid my sister since he pretty much despises her now, but told me to callor text him at any time and he'd come straight home.
Well I made small talk with my sister over coffee and home made chocolate french silk pie (sissy's favorite, to butter her up) and then finally brought up the elephant in the room.
Me: "Sweetie, can we talk about something?"
Her: "What?"
Me: "It's about your gown for my wedding."
Her: immediately defensive "Are you still harping about that? You said any color! What's wrong with white?! It looked beautiful in the royal wedding! Why wouldn't you want to go with that look?!?"
Me: "Sweetie it's a beautiful idea. I thought the royal wedding was gorgeous too. But it was, you know, for royalty. This is just a tiny little American garden wedding. And I don't want to look like I'm copying Kate Middleton. I want to be original! But, look at Pippa's reception dress pulls up picture on phone (hats off to the redditor who pointed out Pippa's reception dress!) See? That dress is amazing! And you'd look stunning in emerald green, especially in the garden setting. How about we go with emerald green instead?
Her: You're right! It is beautiful. I'll just go with that instead, it's the perfect compromise! You're the best big sister ever!
Then hugs and kumbaya ensued. The end.
LOL. Just kidding. That is definitely NOT how it went.
My sister just paused for a brief second obviously processing Pippa's non white dress and how to circumnavigate it and finally just settled on her normal modus operani; the tantrum.
"This is ridiculous! You're being a total bridezilla! Why can't you just get over yourself and get me the white dress that I want and you promised me!!"
Now I had had enough at this point. I've been dealing with her tantrums and spoiled selfish behavior for 20 years, and I was not going to have my baby sister upstage and control my own wedding.
Me: "I'm going to stop you RIGHT THERE. It is NOT being a bridezilla to want to be the only one wearing white on your wedding day. It's common sense and basic etiquette. You need to get over yourself (Sister). This is not your wedding, it's mine. If you want me and all your other bridesmaids to wear white on your day, then do it and I'll gladly wear it. I'll wear a trash bag if you want me to. But this is my and FH's day. Not yours. I'm going to give you a week to cool down and get your head straight. And then you need to tell me what color you want for your dress besides white. If you keep insiting on trying to look like the bride instead of a bridesmaid, I'm going to have Jenny (my best friend) stand beside me instead. It's your choice."
My sister was clearly shocked because she's not used to hearing "no", especially from me, but then she got really nasty. She said "What makes you think I'd have a selfish stuck up bitch like you at my wedding? I hate you! You're being such a bitch over my dress because you know I'll look better than you!"
Well, that was it for me. Maybe I didn't do the nicest thing, maybe it was irrational in the heat of the moment, but that was the last straw.
I stood up, got her coat, shoved it her arms and
Me: "Consider your week revoked. You're not in the wedding anymore (Sister). Now get out."
Her: "You cant-"
Me: "GET OUT! Get out of my house NOW before I loving THROW YOU OUT."
My sister immidiately burst into tears and stomped out and turned and said (I swear to God I couldn't make this up) "Maybe I just won't come at all!"
Me: totally calm and deadpan "Don't do me any more favors (Sister)" slams door in her face
I wish I could tell you I leapt on the table and beat my chest and roared like a queen of the jungle.

Instead I went to my room, shut the door, curled in a ball on the bed and bawled my eyes out. I HATE confrontation, I NEVER swear, and I certainly have never really yelled AND sweared at ANYONE before.
And I was so mad at myself for stooping to my sisters level and becoming a total drama queen myself. I called FH and tried to tell him what happened but I was crying too hard.
He immidiately drove over and held me while I managed to blubber the story out. He was very sweet and supportive and said "I'm so sorry honey bunch...but you're pretty awesome to stand up for yourself like that!" Then he cuddled me more and kissed my head and said "My little kitten has claws."
Yeah it was sappy and corny but it made me blush.
The next day my mom called me crying and asking me what the heck was going on, I'd thrown (Sister) out of the wedding???
I said "No mom, she's still invited, she's just not in the wedding party anymore. She wouldn't pick another dress color and then she proceeded to scream at me and call me a bridezilla and a bitch. So she's out. I don't need this crap."
Mom: "Wait...what????? Are you serious? (Sister) wouldn't do that! Honey can't you just let her have the white dress...?"
Me: "Mom, this isn't the first time (Sister) has yelled at me and called me terrible names. And if this was your wedding to Dad, would you let Aunt Lisa wear white if she insisted on it?"
My mom was silent for a long time. Then she sighed and said "You're right. You're absolutely right. I'd be...very....angry. Has (Sister) really been yelling at you and calling you names more than once?"
Me: "Yep"
Mom: "....well that's just completely unacceptable. UnBELIEVable. I'm going to talk to your father. I'm so sorry. I'll talk to you later ok honey? hangs up

Then I called Jenny.
Me: "Hey Jenny?"
Jenny: "What's up?"
Me: "Will you be my Maid of Honor?"
Jenny: "About loving time you asked, but what about (Sister?)"
Me: "Um...I kicked her out"
Jenny: "Wait...WHAT?? Are you for real?"
Me: "Um...yeah. I mean she's still invited to the wedding and stuff but she wouldn't shut up about the white dress and then she called me a bitch and..."
Jenny: "Dude, stop right there, I want the whole story. I'm coming over. Don't you loving move." hangs up
So Jenny comes over and throws a gigantic DILDO with huge testicles at my head and crowed "That's for growing a pair and using it you fierce bitch! About god dam time!"
I was so embarassed I couldn't talk for five minutes and FH was absolutely roaring with laughter.

Jenny is my polar opposite. She is insanely loud and borderline obnoxious, cusses like a sailor and drinks like a fish. She loves me to death. The only reason I didn't ask her to be my bridesmaid is because she and my sister hate each other's guts and I didn't want any more drama than necessary and I figured my sister should get first loyalty, since she is family, and I do love her a lot. Well, now that that's not a problem and I'm not an idiot, Jenny is going to be where she belongs, which is next to me.
This is getting very long so I'll try and wrap up what's happened so far.
FH and I hung out with his sister Janet, a huge 5' 11" amazon woman made of muscle and titanium. She was like the star of Shotput and discus throwing on her college track and field team, and does amateur weight lifting competitions in her spare time. He told her the story and asked if she'd be the bouncer in case my sister tries to pull anything. She grinned a mile wide and said "my pleasure"
My sister was blowing up my phone with tear filled voicemails and begging texts as well as nasty ones about how I've ruined her life, she hates me, I can't do this she's my sister, etc. I finally messaged her back saying I was blocking her number and on social media and she could communicate to me through mom if she had anything besides crap to say. Then did it.
My mom and dad came over and basically apologized profusely to me and FH for enabling and spoiling my sister and for her acting ridiculous and that the family supported me and my marriage and would keep an eye on sister. My mom begged me to resume contact with her and I told her I would most likely after the wedding, but I didn't need her drama and abuse in my life right now. She was very upset but I think understood.
I have had several breakdowns of crying over all of this because it truly does break my heart. I love my sister very much and I really wanted her to share in my special day. I don't understand why she couldn't behave herself for even my wedding and can't see beyond herself. Lots of people hate her now, and I really didn't want that.
But I know I'm just standing up for myself and FH and we need to come first. I'm so glad for Jenny and Janet and FH, they really have been my biggest support system and advocates and give me the strength and confidence to keep up the NC with my sister and to realize I'm not the bad guy, even though it feels like I am sometimes and I shoud've just let Sister have her way.
Despite my sister's threats of not showing up, I think she actually will now that I have called her bluff and she'd look even worse for being a no show at her only sister's wedding. I know a lot of people in the previous thread were worried she'd show up in white anyway, but I'm honestly ok with that.
If she does, she will just look like an attention whore and a shallow rude drama queen. She will only hurt herself and be clearly at fault, rather than if she wore white as a MOH it would look like it was my idea, when it certainly wasn't.
However I told my parents I will have hidden security in the audience (Janet) and if (Sister) tries to pull anything, she will be thrown out and banned. I wouldn't throw her out for wearing white, but for doing anything to disrupt the wedding. My parents though I'm sure took that as "anything including wearing white" so I highly doubt my sister will show up in anything other than appropriate attire. My parents and the rest of the family are very upset with her right now.
Well that's all Reddit. Thank you so much for your support in the last thread, I just thought I'd let you all know what happened. I wish I had something much tamer to tell you, but life just happens I guess. I actually consider myself lucky my parents came around considering most of the stories on this site. Thanks again Reddit!
TL;DR My sister threw a gigantic tantrum and I threw her out of the wedding party. My best friend replaced her and my fiance's sister is going to act as bouncer. My family is surprisingly being mostly supportive. I'm very sad with the way everything played out, but trying to hang in there and distract myself with wedding planning and work.
EDIT: Grammar
EDIT: I'm going to take this story down. I'm getting so many people calling it fake, PMing me that I'm an attention whore and a moron and telling me to leave reddit even though that didn't happen in my last post. I was really happy and proud with how things turned out, and now people are insisting Jenny is somehow a fictional character and even insulting my fiance and how he talks to me and his pet name for me, which he's always called me. I honestly don't need this and I don't need everyone telling me what happened to me is a creative writing exercise. I don't know what you people wanted, I'm just telling what happened. Thanks to everyone who did believe me and are giving me support. No more stories or updates for me I guess, I don't really want to be on reddit anymore.

ibntumart has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Feb 8, 2015

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
I don't really want to be on reddit anymore.
\
:qq:

In all honesty it's not as stdh as others, however it does have that fiction writing style (embellishment, loads of back story, superfluous information, etc.) but the essence of the story is reasonably plausible. Sister wanted to wear white, other sister said no, words exchanged, not invited to wedding, the end. I think if the writer had not made it sound so stdh it'd probably go unnoticed, which I guess is against the whole point of posting the stupid story on reddit anyway, so whatever. :shrug:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

dijon du jour posted:

Hahaha is redpill the only subreddit with this message? "Guyssssss stop being mean to my story about some whore who won't put out. Come ooooooon. :qq:"
Isn't that the standard "don't make the admins touch the poop" disclaimer for hate groups like /r/mensrights and /r/niggers?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

KiddieGrinder posted:

I don't really want to be on reddit anymore.
\
:qq:

In all honesty it's not as stdh as others, however it does have that fiction writing style (embellishment, loads of back story, superfluous information, etc.) but the essence of the story is reasonably plausible. Sister wanted to wear white, other sister said no, words exchanged, not invited to wedding, the end. I think if the writer had not made it sound so stdh it'd probably go unnoticed, which I guess is against the whole point of posting the stupid story on reddit anyway, so whatever. :shrug:

It sounds all too plausible, actually.

People turn into all kinds of creatures for weddings. For funerals, where everyone is tense and upset, you get things like our niece throwing a major hissy fit because Grandpa got a Catholic Mass and she's an atheist and no one ever considers her feelings and there's no God so it's all fake and why did they make her come and so on. She should probably be glad we couldn't make the funeral.

Then there's this.

quote:

Reached Her Tea-Total
RETAIL | NY, USA | CRAZY REQUESTS, FOOD & DRINK, WILD & UNRULY
(I work in a health food and supplement store. Mainly we sell loads of vitamins, but we also have a fairly large variety of organic and whole foods. I deal with really weird people on a daily basis. I’m can usually handle most anything, but this got me going. The customer is a lady who is probably in her mid 40s and is looking at our tea section… which is REALLY big.)

Customer: “Excuse me; do you have any of the tea that helps with digestion?”

Me: “Umm, yes. Yes, we do. Did you have a brand name you were looking for, or will anything do?”

Customer: “Oh, yeah… I’m not sure. I got it here a while ago. I don’t remember the name.”

Me: “Okay well, here are some teas that are good for digestion…”

(I point to some ginger tea, which for the record, works like a charm.)

Customer: “Yeah! Yeah, it was ginger! Ummm…. no, that’s not the one though. It was in a different box.”

Me: “All right… maybe this?”

(At this point I show her a couple other brands of the ginger tea that we have. We have four other brands, but still nothing would suffice, she begins to get irritated.)

Customer: “No, that’s not it either. Listen, don’t you have any other brands of this stuff? None of this is what I got.”

Me: “I’m afraid not. Whatever we have is out here.”

Customer: “But I’ve gotten it here before!”

Me: “Umm… when was that?”

Customer: “I don’t know… It was a couple of years ago!”

Me: “Oh… well, in that case, if you don’t see it here then we’ve probably stopped carrying it.”

Customer: (noticeably getting angrier by the second) “No. Listen, it’s here. Where are your other brands?”

Me: “This is our tea section. All the tea we carry is right here. While we don’t have that brand, we do have these other ones, and I can personally vouch for [Brand] as being of high quality.”

Customer: “No, I don’t want that brand. Why don’t you have what I’m looking for?”

Me: “Well, because as I’ve just said, it’s probably because we’ve stopped carrying it.”

Customer:“This is ridiculous! Is there a manager here?”

(She is pretty angry at this point. There actually isn’t a manager there at this point, but I am the most senior employee.)

Me: “No, ma’am, but if you need any further help then your best bet would be me. I’ve the most seniority here.”

Customer: “WHAT I WANT IS A COMPETENT WORKER. WHERE THE F*** ARE THE OTHER TEAS?!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, all the teas we have are right here. I’ve shown you four other brands of the exact same type of tea. Unfortunately the brand you are looking for is no longer stocked here. And, also, I can’t help you locate the tea you’re looking for since you yourself do not the know brand name.”

(At this point the customer storms away and asks my co-worker the same question about teas. She’s heard some of this exchange.)

Coworker: “Um, I’m not sure if we have that brand… You could try asking [My Name]. He’s worked in grocery for a while and is the senior person here so he would definitely know.”

Customer: “NO! HE DOESN’T KNOW. WHY THE F**K DOESN’T ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS TEA?”

Me: *now getting a little annoyed* “Ma’am, at this point I wouldn’t tell you even IF I DID know. Unfortunately we don’t carry any of that tea anymore. However, if you’ll follow me to the other aisle I can show you to some of your evening primrose oil which is supposed to work wonders with people who have anger management issues!”

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Post Your Favorite (or Request) > shit_that_didn't_happen.txt: "Me: *now getting a little annoyed* “Ma’am,"

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Khazar-khum posted:

Me: *now getting a little annoyed* “Ma’am, at this point I wouldn’t tell you even IF I DID know. Unfortunately we don’t carry any of that tea anymore. However, if you’ll follow me to the other aisle I can show you to some of your evening primrose oil which is supposed to work wonders with people who have anger management issues!”

Customer: Don't you dare condescend to me, I'm going to complain to corporate about your rudeness. And I'm certainly not shopping here again.

*drops the mic, leaves*

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

quote:

Customer: “I don’t know… It was a couple of years ago!”

Me: “Oh… well, in that case, if you don’t see it here then we’ve probably stopped carrying it.”

Customer: Ahh, well thank you. (Leaves)

There, no it's poo poo that did happen.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Khazar-khum posted:

:iceburn:

Layin down the sick burns for some middle aged lady screaming WHERE'S THE loving TEA?!??! :byodame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Shit_that_didn't_happen.txt-I'm can usually handle most anything

• Locked thread