Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Instant Grat posted:

Road Trip Simulator XV looks cool and all but why is the lady mechanic only wearing half a shirt and flashing her bra and panties, that seems like impractical clothing for a mechanic to wear.

How else would they market to the lonely otakus? I'm not generally overly sensitive to stuff like this and it was literally the first thing I thought when she came on screen. :cripes:

Help Im Alive posted:

The true power of current gen technology is rendering realistic awkwardness

That's amazing

I get similar results flubbing dekes in nhl 15. I just hear the price is right wag way wahhhhh every time I do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Xavier434 posted:

That is not a counterpoint. I never said that video game characters would not look good in practical clothing. Many do. I only said that if most of the characters were designed with that clothing in mind then we would get bored of it after awhile they would all look too similar. Same with weapon designs. It's all about variety and you can't have much of that if everything looks practical.

Agreed. See: the costumes of the main four dudes. Realistic but too boring and samey. Maybe we'll get to play dress-up with them.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

It looks like a bunch of the final fantasies are on sale on steam this weekend. I've never played 3. How is it? 4 looks interesting with the redo, but I've played that one start to finish a few times on snes.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

don't get 3

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Counterpoint: get 3 if you are like me and love games that hate you.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
no just don't get 3

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Definitely don't get 3.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
If you feel the need to pay money for a simulation of putting your balls in a vise, Final Fantasy 3 is a good investment.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Oh wow I never noticed how the Steam description for FF3 says it's "... one of the best-loved games from the epic RPG series...". Seems legit!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

kirbysuperstar posted:

If you feel the need to pay money for a simulation of putting your balls in a vise, Final Fantasy 3 is a good investment.

Or you could try BDSM, instead. It's much more mentally stimulating.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Beef Waifu posted:

Or you could try BDSM, instead. It's much more mentally stimulating.

You generally need another person, though. I guess there's ways around that but you might end up doing a Michael Hutchence.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Veib posted:

Oh wow I never noticed how the Steam description for FF3 says it's "... one of the best-loved games from the epic RPG series...". Seems legit!

I really like it (on NES) and FF XIV heavily references it for a few dungeons, so there may be a little weight to that?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

kirbysuperstar posted:

You generally need another person, though.

That's a good point, no one else in this thread has ever interacted with another human being.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you absolutely must play FF3, play the original NES version. The remake actually made it worse.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Counterpoint: get 3 if you are like me and love games that hate you.

But you could play a game that hates you and is good, like Dark Souls or Touhou 8 or something.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
still wanna see the XIII trilogy on PS4 to play Lightning Returns with a good framerate

gently caress playing it on PC

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Dubious posted:

still wanna see the XIII trilogy on PS4 to play Lightning Returns with a good framerate

They've already announced FFX HD for PS4 so I have to guess XIII will come out as a trilogy or something once they've finished the PC releases.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

She kinda looked like a hot dog vendor to me, I was hoping hot dogs were making their grand return to Final Fantasy, but alas.

~Domo's Dog House~

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Hello, I am the only person in the thread who enjoyed FF3 on the DS.

Okay bye.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Fister Roboto posted:

If you absolutely must play FF3, play the original NES version. The remake actually made it worse.

As someone who played both to completion, this is 110% correct and valid.

Do not buy FF3 DS or any of its derivatives. signed, a FF3 NES fan

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Beef Waifu posted:

That's a good point, no one else in this thread has ever interacted with another human being.

Stalking counts as interacting.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Dubious posted:

what is wrong with it on PC? i've seen a bunch of complaints but haven't experienced any of the issues.

i'm playing the Steam release (not sure if there's any other?) with GeDoSato and the Windowed Borderless Gaming exe and i haven't experienced any frame rate issues, artifacting, or that strange shoulder-pad clipping thing on Lightning. i'm only on chapter 11, though, if that counts for anything.

edit: GeDoSaTo is down-sampling from like 3840 × 2160 to 1920 x 1080 or something - i can check my settings when i get home tonight.

knockout fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 6, 2015

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Final Fantasy Tactics is pretty hard. Any tips?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ManOfTheYear posted:

Are you stuck in Dorter? That's always the big hurdle starting out. Remember you can change your jobs! You want at least a white mage and black mage to help get things rolling.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

ManOfTheYear posted:

Make sure you keep two save files, and if prompted into a series of battles make sure one of them is for before you start the series of battles. Other than that, monks are awesome. And remain useful throughout the game. Putting two-swords on a monk will let you one-shot most enemy units. If you want to truly break the game, that takes a Calculator, but that is a difficult class to raise in levels. Really just persevere through the early game (Chapter 1) and the game will get much easier.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ManOfTheYear posted:

Tip One: Stop playing FFT and play FFTA

Tip Two: See tip one

in all honesty FFT is a badly made, incredibly imbalanced game where it's either absurdly difficult or piss easy with no in between, my best advice is that you get job points for every action you do as a class no matter how effective or ineffective it is, the easiest way to break the game's balance in half is to have one character who's a white mage with their sub job as a...it's black mage that gets frog and stone and berserk right? anyways, bring them into battle against a bunch of monsters

have the white mage go around turning all the monsters into frogs, once that's done turn all of your guys (except the white mage) into frogs, then cast berserk on all your dudes (except the white mage). Have the white mage cast stone on themselves, then keep the game running for eight hours or so and everyone will have max JP in their class, rinse and repeate for everyone else

you can do the same thing with throwing stones and shouting (since they both gain a minimal amount of JP); have only one enemy remaining on the field and put it to sleep and have everyone else just shout at each other or throw stones, recasting sleep as needed, but that's a really horrible way because you still have to play the game as opposed to just leaving it somewhere else for 8 hours

but no, seriously, just play FFTA, FFT is a garbage game and the worst of the three FFT games

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Toxxupation posted:

but no, seriously, just play FFTA, FFT is a garbage game and the worst of the three FFT games

Remember, kids, this is your brain on FF13.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

Final Fantasy is such a good series.

Yeah. I want to play the XV demo, but I do not want to spend 60 dollars on a PSP game with new textures.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Kyrosiris posted:

Remember, kids, this is your brain on FF13.

It's got the worst gameplay and the worst story, so...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Toxxupation posted:

Toxxupation posted:

It's got the worst gameplay and the worst story, so...

:eyepop:

FFT has a really, really good story for like 75% of the game until it forgets the cool political chess match going on and becomes RAMZA SMASH, RAMZA GET ROCKS

It is pretty easy though, but the job system is a lot of fun to play around with.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
I don't understand how you could say that FFT has bad gameplay and then suggest FFTA as a suitable replacement. They play almost identically, except that TA homogenized all the attack skills by removing charge times.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Toxxupation posted:

Tip One: Stop playing FFT and play FFTA

Tip Two: See tip one

Your opinions continue being remarkably atrocious even by this thread's standards.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

CeallaSo posted:

I don't understand how you could say that FFT has bad gameplay and then suggest FFTA as a suitable replacement. They play almost identically, except that TA homogenized all the attack skills by removing charge times.

Also you scored a critical hit, knocking the enemy back in the process. Whoops there was a no knockback law! Lol game over.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The "really, really" good story of "everyone's an evil dick who at least triple-crosses everyone else, despite there being numerous times when betraying everyone else's trust not only doesn't help whatever cause they have but actively hurts it"

At least FFTA's story has the good sense of knowing how loving retarded is and outside of the beginning is almost completely out of the way so you can do the fun stuff, aka making your dudes into fuckin' gods

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
FFTA is the worst garbage game I've come across. Have fun having your fights have some weird arbitrary restriction on them which ranges from mild annoyances to "why the gently caress would that ever be an option"

Games that restrict the freedom of the player to do whatever they want is pure garbage and FFT:A was a bad game.

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.

Toxxupation posted:

it's black mage that gets frog and stone and berserk right?

Everything else aside, Black Mage/Wizard gets Frog, but it's Oracle that gets Stone and Berserk - Oracle is a third-tier job extending from White Mage/Priest.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's the demo subtitle, because that's the region you'll be exploring in the demo.

It was registered as a trademark in July of last year. A lot of people correctly guessed it was a FFXV demo similar to the FFXIII demo on Advent Children's Blu-Ray release.

deadlyrhetoric posted:

what is wrong with it on PC? i've seen a bunch of complaints but haven't experienced any of the issues.

i'm playing the Steam release (not sure if there's any other?) with GeDoSato and the Windowed Borderless Gaming exe and i haven't experienced any frame rate issues, artifacting, or that strange shoulder-pad clipping thing on Lightning. i'm only on chapter 11, though, if that counts for anything.

edit: GeDoSaTo is down-sampling from like 3840 × 2160 to 1920 x 1080 or something - i can check my settings when i get home tonight.

The game's art assets are of very high quality and hold up well on the PC. It doesn't come across as well when you're playing on a console with 720p and limited AA/AF etc.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Something something, worst game in the series.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

CeallaSo posted:

The classes are better and more balanced (by making everything broken as opposed to only some things broken and other things absolutely useless), charge times were a stupid idea in FFT, the abilities they added make the game more fun to play, learning skills from weapons over JP made the game feel far less like grindy bullshit, and Laws were a really cool idea that only got hairy near the endgame when there's like five of them per battle, but even then you have so many anti-laws it doesn't much matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Toxxupation posted:

The classes are better and more balanced (by making everything broken as opposed to only some things broken and other things absolutely useless), charge times were a stupid idea in FFT, the abilities they added make the game more fun to play, learning skills from weapons over JP made the game feel far less like grindy bullshit, and Laws were a really cool idea that only got hairy near the endgame when there's like five of them per battle, but even then you have so many anti-laws it doesn't much matter

You know what also had anti-laws? FFT.