Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

paradoxGentleman posted:

Pep talk incoming.

That or everything going straight to Albert Square...

The Pep talk would be amazing though, this comic's pretty good at those being spectatluar :allears:

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

SlothfulCobra posted:

So wait, Isaac''s probably going to snipe Johnny before he gets to the club, and they'll have the weirdest anime tag-team duo. But come on, Isaac's really just being a big anime baby here. Max didn't fully deny Isaac or anything yet, Isaac's just angry that the other members like him so Isaac can't control him.

I don't think it's that, I think it's how Max let slip that he knows something about the Consortium and then immediately tried to hide it from Isaac - Isaac has made the completely accurate deduction that Max has learned what Isaac has done "wrong" (he's the host for a spirit the Consortium doesn't like) and is following instructions not to tell him. His temper tantrum might be an appropriately 12-year-old response but he's not actually wrong about his situation.

The third and fourth panels foreshadow his potential dark turn so hard it's crazy. "I could apologize, or... kill them aaaaaaaall"

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Nah, doorman's got it right. Isaac hasn't done anything wrong (it's not his fault his spirit possessed him) and the consortium remains mum about their existence because they don't want his spirit to know anything about them. What they've failed to consider is that they're not dealing with an emotionally stable adult, they're dealing with a 12 year-old. Most 12 year-olds are emotionally unstable and have trouble fitting in, so when the only people who Isaac can relate to are literally conspiring against (around?) him he's going to assume he did something wrong and feel burned.

There's no way that Isaac doesn't find out Johnny is possessed first and convince him to keep it secret, though, it fits exactly into Isaac's personality and has even been foreshadowed a bit (Isaac told Spender about Max and he's already "against" him, he won't make the mistake of letting Spender know again).

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.

Kabanaw posted:

Nah, doorman's got it right. Isaac hasn't done anything wrong (it's not his fault his spirit possessed him) and the consortium remains mum about their existence because they don't want his spirit to know anything about them. What they've failed to consider is that they're not dealing with an emotionally stable adult, they're dealing with a 12 year-old. Most 12 year-olds are emotionally unstable and have trouble fitting in, so when the only people who Isaac can relate to are literally conspiring against (around?) him he's going to assume he did something wrong and feel burned.

There's no way that Isaac doesn't find out Johnny is possessed first and convince him to keep it secret, though, it fits exactly into Isaac's personality and has even been foreshadowed a bit (Isaac told Spender about Max and he's already "against" him, he won't make the mistake of letting Spender know again).

If it's just being Possessed that makes you unable to be in the club, it proves that Spender is hilariously incompetent since he either never checked or is incapable of checking. The answer is probably yes on all counts.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Sieje posted:

If it's just being Possessed that makes you unable to be in the club, it proves that Spender is hilariously incompetent since he either never checked or is incapable of checking. The answer is probably yes on all counts.

It's probably who you're possessed by, considering man lizard is a member. If Isaac's spirit is an enemy of the consortium they wouldn't want to let them in on their secrets.

Sure, spender is possessed by a terrifying shadow monster, but if it's not sentient who cares if knows about boss leader's plans.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Well, also it's being actively caged by his tool rather than the usual situation of being too weak to leave. Storm guy will eventually gather enough strength to split from Isaac at which point I assume the consortium hopes to kill or betool him, until then they can't let him know anything because presumably it'll make him tougher to take down (plus he might escape)

Compared to which Spender's shadow thing seems to be a life without parole type deal. It's not an issue what it knows because it's never getting out (lol)

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011
Also, no one knows about the shadow tentacle monster possessing Spender except Spender (and now Forge, Max and Isabel; Forge isn't part of the Consortium, and Max and Isabel are his underlings who don't know about these things anyway).

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
It could also be a combination of being possessed by a Consortium unfriendly spirit and being 12. An adult possessed by an unfriendly spirit might be trusted to keep said spirit in check, especially if they've been trained in dealing with spirits. A 12 year old, not so much.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Pretty sure Boss Leader doesn't know about the shadow spirit possessing him. I kind of assumed that's why he won't let anyone into his dream-room.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

It's interesting how Isaac said "We both know what I probably did to get punished like this." Which implies that he did something that he thinks earned him the disapproval of the council. I wonder what that is.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

They haven't really said but from context it definitely seems to be 'they don't want his spirit to know anything'.

Honestly, Mr. Spender has hinted at that hard enough that Isaac should probably have figured it out already but I think Isaac has pretty much checked out of the mental space of bothering to listen to anything Rick Spender has to say. (not that i can blame him)
The censored dialog that Spender said, actually said that. The 'black bars' are hiding text that's a slightly different color.

MikeJF posted:

Has he actually said he hasn't and isn't just grumpy nonetheless?
There was that stuff about him not wanting someone using his power to be some puppet's puppet.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

paradoxGentleman posted:

It's interesting how Isaac said "We both know what I probably did to get punished like this." Which implies that he did something that he thinks earned him the disapproval of the council. I wonder what that is.

They're all just jealous that Isaac gets to rescue deer princess babes all day and they're stuck getting yelled at by Isabel's grandpa

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Tollymain posted:

so, what did isaac do that he's convinced is the root of his exclusion? probably related to him being confident of his ability to mop the floor with the other members of the activity club, i'd guess

i can't believe he hasn't connected the dots between his spirit's hostility towards spender and co. and spender being so cagey :v:

paradoxGentleman posted:

You have seen the damage a lightning bolt can do...

...the redemption you seek.

The last two panels of page 136 are probably also a hint.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I just realized that Spender probably used his light powers to censor his speech.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

So what are the odds that Max barters information to Isaac to let him use the Doorman to get out of Mayview?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
New comic: http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=325

Alt text: But for(ecast) now, let's get you to squall.

Goddammit shadow bunny-man, I wanted Doorman to finish that sentence :argh:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

as rain

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Nice Marylin Monroe impersonation, Doorman.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm glad Doorman seems to legitimately care about Isaac.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I hope he keeps getting good advice like that, I'd hate to see the binding of Isaac.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh, I was wondering if there was something wrong with the comic until I got to Zack's comment.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I actually don't think it's too bad without all the lighting effects.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, it actually looks pretty good. I'd keep reading if it stayed that way. Very... clean.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Man you guys have low standards.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Or Zach just has really strong linework. We're not talking about, like, Goblins here, where the fill-tool painting is there to hide horrible melty monstrosities.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Brannock posted:

Man you guys have low standards.
Well yes we read webcomics. "Good" means your eyes aren't bleeding.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
The lady the shadow bunny refers to is the mysterious goddess person Forge was gushing about, I guess? It sounds like she has some connection to Spender. Or maybe "the big guy" refers to Starchman!!

Let me know if I'm off base because the various spirit/human factions in this comic befuddle me sometimes.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The Big Guy is forge who they presumably have no idea got cheap shot.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

reignonyourparade posted:

The Big Guy is forge who they presumably have no idea got cheap shot.
Oh duh. Or maybe through the spirit grapevine they do know what happened to him... :allears:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The Big Guy is Ryback, though

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

flatluigi posted:

The Big Guy is Ryback, though

Big ghosts, big hosts.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Update time.

That first panel is really good looking.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Update time.

That first panel is really good looking.
I want it as a poster.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Just a regular dog

Squeekin' around at the speed of sound

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
That's a good-rear end dog. I hope its Isabel's new spirit.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

red plastic cup posted:

That's a good-rear end dog. I hope its Isabel's new spirit.

That would be so like her grandpa, wouldn't it?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
That dog looks like it should be working for Tom Nook.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

A wonderful juxtaposition of a sad, serene landscape of the first panel to the crude, intense last panel.

Look at that fuckin' face in the last panel. Also, yeah, that would be JUST like Francisco.

But maybe it's an agent of the bad guys that looks like a normal dog? Isabel wouldn't be able to tell if it was spectral or real based on her perception, right? Maybe it is working for Forge/Doorman/PixelDogs?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

On another note, I feel like a page hasn't been completed on time for quite awhile now. I hope Zack isn't burning out with this work schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Nothing is faster than a dog.