Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Master Bateman posted:

My immune system is strong like oxycontin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
My 1st week using public transportation led to a day of feeling queazy and sneezing. Made it to all my classes without issue.

Other than that I don't think I've been sick since the time I woke up making GBS threads and puking in Afghanistan 5+ years ago. And even then I didn't have a problem patrolling the next morning.

I basically put everything in my mouth. Keeps the immune system on its toes.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

I basically put everything in my mouth. Keeps the immune system on its toes.
Just throwing that one right over the middle of the plate, huh?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Dead Reckoning posted:

Just throwing that one right over the middle of the plate, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9N3tIlEJNc&t=18s

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I haven't had a straight up flu in years. That being said, I ate at a friend's for Superbowl, then Monday went out and had a nice dinner at restaurant. Jokes on me, something at the Superbowl dinner wasn't cooked right or was kept out too long and a bunch of us got sick. I had the wonderful experience of horking spinach from the restaurant out through my nose where some of it got stuck. This is not something I would recommend ever doing.

Then I went to class because I guess I've forgotten the lessons I learned as an E4.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

yea youre a real bone crusher alright

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ded posted:

american cheese is the only cheese that can induce me to vomit because its not actually loving cheese

American cheese is a stain on our national character, worse than slavery, Indian genocide, and Hiroshima.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i cant recall the last time i got a flu shot or the flu, guess it must be rough for all you pussies with weakling immune systems

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fister Roboto posted:

American cheese is a stain on our national character, worse than slavery, Indian genocide, and Hiroshima.

sounds great

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Fister Roboto posted:

See that's how I felt after watching the Super Mario Bros movie. Ashamed to be not just American, since my country produced it, but ashamed to be human, because my species produced it.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

The Rat posted:

See that's how I felt after watching the Super Mario Bros movie. Ashamed to be not just American, since my country produced it, but ashamed to be human, because my species produced it.

If you watch it and pretend it's the sequel to blade runner like the directors intended it's a lot better

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
The third hobbit is more shameful imo

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

quote:

Omg how adorable! I can see Kaden, Cayden, Knoa and a few other little guys rocking these styles!

quote:

Kaden, Cayden, Knoa

quote:

Kaden

quote:

Cayden

quote:

Knoa

kill all these white ladies for dooming their kids with these names.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
https://vimeo.com/118532076

everyone in this video is how i picture well over half of the posters in here

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Fucitol posted:

I can confirm the bearded guy at 8:50 is me.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

kill all these white ladies for dooming their kids with these names.

that bitch has 2 kids with the same name just spelled different? :psyduck:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Fucitol posted:

That guy's skin makes me want to vomit

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

That Got Your 6 crap just won't die:

quote:

Last week, his organization received a major boost from Michelle Obama and the actor Bradley Cooper. Both of them joined Mr. Marvin to announce plans to give a seal of approval called “6 Certified” to movies whose makers consult with veterans in production and then portray them in a fair and accurate light, as judged by a panel of producers and veterans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/06/u...d=10037693&_r=0

I'm not happy about telling civilians why Hurt Locker followups are still hot garbage despite their "6 certified" rating. Nobody covers the "middle ground" of veterans because 99% of the time we're rolling our eyes at Fox News, blowing off VA appointments, scamming Home Depot for a 10% discount and reposting stupid memes on facebook. It's not very hollywood. The rules of theatrical storytelling are a poor fit for veterans' narratives. I'm sorry people might have to grow opinions about their nations' wars' human consequences outside of a 120-180 minute window filled with explosions and sad people.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
spartacus is back on netflix

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

14 Year old me is super glad Lucy Lawless finally got her tits out

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIFEmlhDqdA&feature=youtu.be

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:smith:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I need a new woobie, that thing was awesome. :smith:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bolow posted:

14 Year old me is super glad Lucy Lawless finally got her tits out

Are they still good? It's been a while since Xena, man

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Slim Pickens posted:

Are they still good? It's been a while since Xena, man

they're not bad

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

One of my trainees is mad at me now and called me narrow minded for saying that the whole gluten-free thing is mostly bullshit.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

ded posted:

spartacus is back on netflix

Thank you.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Casimir Radon posted:

One of my trainees is mad at me now and called me narrow minded for saying that the whole gluten-free thing is mostly bullshit.

gluten sensitivity isn't a thing debra

A buddy got diagnosed with celiac a few years back and the whole gluten free craze is awesome for him because he gets more options but most people are just retarded

Related, I feel like I look like an rear end in a top hat when I buy soy or almond milk or get it put into my coffees but it's because I'm lactose intolerant, not a hipster :mad:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I like soy milk. I get the chocolate kroger brand and mix it with whole milk for my morning pills, and sporadically throughout the day.

what I'm sick of with the whole gluten poo poo is stuff like this:

"I'll have the gluten free blahblah"

me: oh, you have celiac's?

"not really, I'm just a little allergic to gluten"

:what:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

gluten sensitivity isn't a thing debra

A buddy got diagnosed with celiac a few years back and the whole gluten free craze is awesome for him because he gets more options but most people are just retarded

Related, I feel like I look like an rear end in a top hat when I buy soy or almond milk or get it put into my coffees but it's because I'm lactose intolerant, not a hipster :mad:
He claims his daughter isn't wetting the bed anymore. Then both of them started jabbering about other dumb hippie poo poo.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Sounds like you need a new trainee and he needs to get the gently caress out.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A 'friend' of mine on facebook actually got a degree in acupuncture and thinks scraping your back with the lid off a spaghetti jar for a half hour is therapeutic and removes toxins and does the bullshit gluten-free thing. At least she isn't an anti-vaxxer.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Slim Pickens posted:

A 'friend' of mine on facebook actually got a degree in acupuncture and thinks scraping your back with the lid off a spaghetti jar for a half hour is therapeutic

this feels ridiculously good FYI, highly recommended

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
do you also give yourself diarrhea once a month for it's health benefits?

beer shits don't count

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Taxes done. 1400 return thanks to interest deductions and education payments (wife's schoolin). 1000 into savings and then split the 400 so I have 200 towards my next tattoo.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Taxes done. 1400 return thanks to interest deductions and education payments (wife's schoolin). 1000 into savings and then split the 400 so I have 200 towards my next tattoo.

I got all my taxes back between education credits and being poor as gently caress for the first half of 2014.

This year I'm doing a proper W4 withholding so instead of having a juicy tax return I just get 300-ish more a check. Unless I hosed up my math and then I get slammed with unpaid taxes. It's an adventure!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Slim Pickens posted:

Twice a month actually.

Slim Pickens posted:

beer shits don't count

Oh... How about burritos?

Moving to LA has really startled me with how many people are into hippy poo poo. My intern's younger brother has me repackage and smuggle leave-in hair conditioner to him because his family refuses to have big company cosmetics in the house. They are so LA they refuse hair product on hippy grounds.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Vasudus posted:

I got all my taxes back between education credits and being poor as gently caress for the first half of 2014.

This year I'm doing a proper W4 withholding so instead of having a juicy tax return I just get 300-ish more a check. Unless I hosed up my math and then I get slammed with unpaid taxes. It's an adventure!

Yeah doing it myself like that is terrifying. I'll just do the normal poo poo cause it works for me.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Slim Pickens posted:

beer shits don't count

I had the oil and glass bulb thing done to me as part of a massage once. I don't give a crap about toxins or whatever, just saying that it feels really goddamn good. It kind of sucks your skin and some underlying muscle up into the bulb, like a firm pinch.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KirbyKhan posted:

Twice a month actually.

Oh... How about burritos?

Moving to LA has really startled me with how many people are into hippy poo poo. My intern's younger brother has me repackage and smuggle leave-in hair conditioner to him because his family refuses to have big company cosmetics in the house. They are so LA they refuse hair product on hippy grounds.

No shampoo, just nothing but greasy wooden combs. It's funny watching the next hippieholistic health fad make it's way through my facebook feed. I wonder what's next after gluten.

• Locked thread