Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

Didn't a Roosevelt land in Normandy? Not quite royalty, but I'm sure he had the opportunity to ride out the war in Washington or something.

Everybody knows the Kardashians are American royalty.

Wasn't King IbnSaud tearing poo poo up in the 40's and 50's as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Handsome Ralph posted:

It's a weird thing with some Americans that have limited knowledge of Jordan. They like to hype up the Royals military service like it's some super street cred, all without really having any idea what the gently caress they're talking about or that a lot of their accomplishments are amped up to make them look more tougher or whatever to their populace.

A girl I knew wouldn't shut up about how the crown prince went through airborne school or some poo poo and how that was amazing. I laughed and said it really wasn't that big of a deal to go through airborne school.

It's almost similar to how people like to slobber all over how manly Putin is.

Most American soldiers try to pretend that airborne school is hardcore too, tbqh.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

chitoryu12 posted:

Abdullah actually did military service for real. He joined the British Army after getting his expensive Western education and was the commander of the Jordanian Special Forces in the 90s. He became Major General by the time he was 36, so you can assume some serious nepotism/rear end-kissing because of him being a prince.

He's a good king, most things considered, and has generally been beneficial to Jordan; his regime has mostly been marked by the nation expanding human rights, liberalizing the economy and politics, and becoming wealthier. There's just very little chance that the man has ever been in the seat of a bomber, let alone personally leading strikes against terrorism.

Yeah all things considered, he's a pretty good King and has done some pretty good things for the country. I just found it hilarious that people who aren't even Jordanian lap up the "The King personally dropped bombs on ISIS, and then everyone stood up and clapped" type stories as if they are pure fact.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Most American soldiers try to pretend that airborne school is hardcore too, tbqh.
:agreed:

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 5, 2015

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

iyaayas01 posted:

I'm assuming that's a stock photo of Abdullah in some military gear that NewsMax and co. drug up

They should have used this one:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I have it on good authority that king abdullah lead the fight in the war against the Klingons himself :spergin:

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Everybody knows the Kardashians are American royalty.

Wasn't King IbnSaud tearing poo poo up in the 40's and 50's as well?

I hope the American rabble revolts and gives the Kardashian family the Romanov treatment.

From GIS mosin neckbeard

But spare Bruce Jenner he's suffered enough with those harpies.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dingleberry posted:

But spare Bruce Jenner he's suffered enough with those harpies.

I'd surrender my manhood too if I had to live with that.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Further proof that "Navy gay"

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

lol at dude on the buffalo with the "nice shot" smirk.

Bring that kid to the states and sign him up to a pitcher development deal STAT

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 6, 2015

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Why isn't the .50 swiveling towards that lovely kid?

Who are these loving clowns?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
give those kids some lemonade in a bottle

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mike-o posted:

give those kids some lemonade in a bottle

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpv9EzqaXCY

Hail King Abdullah and his brave pilots

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
http://www.businessinsider.com/king...campaign=buffer

Abdullah spank bank material for those interested

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

His uncle was fishing drowning pilots and soldiers out of the South Atlantic during the Falklands war in SAR helicopters while the Argies were actively trying to shoot them down. He also served as an Excocet decoy after 3-4 British ships had already been sunk with Excocets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Andrew,_Duke_of_York#Falklands_War

He also likes to diddle underage girls

Urrrgh His Royal Highness The Prince Andrew Albert Christian Edward, Duke of York, Earl of Inverness, Baron Killyleagh, Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order, Canadian Forces Decoration, Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty (to give him his full title) is the worst.

One of these things is not like the other:

ole Liz 2 learnt how to drive ambulances and fix trucks as an A.T.S. officer whilst krauts were dropping bombs on us in the second world war.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Didn't a Roosevelt land in Normandy? Not quite royalty, but I'm sure he had the opportunity to ride out the war in Washington or something.
TR's youngest son, Quentin, was shot down over France during WWI. TR Jr. fought in WWI and went ashore at Utah beach (while his son, Quentin II, went ashore at Omaha). Kermit fought in both World Wars, and committed suicide after he came home.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The British royals are legit when it comes to military service. It's pretty surprising, really.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

The British royals are legit when it comes to military service. It's pretty surprising, really.

Supposedly Harry is a really loving good Apache pilot and overall leader.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

Supposedly Harry is a really loving good Apache pilot and overall leader.

There's an interview where the scramble call suddenly came up and he immediately dropped the interview and ran off to his chopper.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Continuing the trend of royal military accomplishments, the danish crown prince did a tour with the Sirius patrol (4-month long dogsled patrol of the remote wastes of northern Greenland) in 2000, which is pretty hardcore as well, even without the risk of combat.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
People forget Harry also did a tour as a recon tank commander in Iraqistan in a piece of poo poo Scimitar aluminum tank http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FV107_Scimitar (a poor mans Bradley) and his tour got cut short when some Aussie cunts published details about his deployment.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Slashrat posted:

Continuing the trend of royal military accomplishments, the danish crown prince did a tour with the Sirius patrol (4-month long dogsled patrol of the remote wastes of northern Greenland) in 2000, which is pretty hardcore as well, even without the risk of combat.

My family has some friends in Copenhagen, and the male half of the couple was a part of this unit. Dude is one of the nicest and most soft-spoken guys you could ever meet, and he just casually talks about surviving major blizzards in a small tent and dodging polar bears for months on end like it's no big deal. For training in the off season, he and his teammates would go and live on a glacier for six weeks at a time and shoot seals for food.

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

some sort of irredeemable trash person

Slashrat posted:

Thats far from the most hard core stuff he did. He completed selection with Frømandskorpset, which is a SEAL equivalent, afterwards he completed pilot training with the air force and flew F-16's. He currently holds rank of Captain (Navy) and Colonel (Air Force, Army) and teaches at the Royal Danish Defence College. The royals in Denmark can bugger off, but I do respect Frederik as the exceptional dude he is.

Edit, picture. Frederik doing an iron man.

Rnr fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 6, 2015

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Urrrgh His Royal Highness The Prince Andrew Albert Christian Edward, Duke of York, Earl of Inverness, Baron Killyleagh, Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order, Canadian Forces Decoration, Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty (to give him his full title) is the worst.

One of these things is not like the other:

ole Liz 2 learnt how to drive ambulances and fix trucks as an A.T.S. officer whilst krauts were dropping bombs on us in the second world war.

Liz the second is a bad rear end bitch.

I love her.

The Queen Mother ran a convalescent home for soldiers out of Glamis during WW 1 at 14 years old.

Basically the British royalty are pretty pro at fightin war.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hey guys how come nobody has posted any American figureheads with respectable military careers?

:downs:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Genocide Tendency posted:

Basically the British royalty are pretty pro at fightin war.

Well when you spend the past millennium fighting over an island in one form or another...

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Zeris posted:

Hey guys how come nobody has posted any American figureheads with respectable military careers?

Andrew Jackson killed the original reds like it was a fuckin hobby.

Or are injuns considered another flavor of brown. I don't have a current "proper names for oppressed people" score card.

Also I hear that Grant guy had a hand in changing farm equipment regulations.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Genocide Tendency posted:

Andrew Jackson killed the original reds like it was a fuckin hobby.

Or are injuns considered another flavor of brown. I don't have a current "proper names for oppressed people" score card.

Also I hear that Grant guy had a hand in changing farm equipment regulations.

Downhill since Eisenhower

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Zeris posted:

Downhill since Eisenhower

Yea but the last time we were allowed to fight a war right, Germans were fuckin Italians and popping out slant eyed kids... So you have to adjust your expectations.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Who's that badass female senator who was an army combat vet?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Rough Lobster posted:

Who's that badass female senator who was an army combat vet?

Tammy Duckworth.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

And once scared the poo poo out of the king of Saudi Arabia:

https://twitter.com/shashj/status/558564766021869569/photo/1

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Phanatic posted:

And once scared the poo poo out of the king of Saudi Arabia:

https://twitter.com/shashj/status/558564766021869569/photo/1

You would be scared too if you were being driven around by a woman.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zeris posted:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Heard he got shown up like a bitch in a barhahaha, yeah...

Tammy Duckworth 2016

All she needs to do is repeat this speech word for word at every campaign event
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr1kwC0je1Y

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

Tammy Duckworth.

Who is a congresswoman not a senator.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Never thought to post this, kinda forgot about it. Got pased down a family "heirloom" from my great grandfather after he died. His "trench bible" as the family called it from WWII. Covers are solid metal, only barely opened it so I don't damage it. Been keeping it in a small safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Zeris posted:

Heard he got shown up like a bitch in a barhahaha, yeah...

Tammy Duckworth 2016

All she needs to do is repeat this speech word for word at every campaign event
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr1kwC0je1Y

I like the dude at the end when she apologized for running over her time. He's all "it's cool. I wasn't going to get in the way of that steam roller you just drove over that dude."

• Locked thread