Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Faith Lynn posted:

my FF14 character is my only friend

I still love you, Faith Lynn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201502/06070272.html

* Airships can be bought at an extravagant price, or your Fc can build it bit by bit everyday.

Time to start the gathering of funds from the FCs in advance

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
please let there be airship pvp please let there be airship pvp

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'd be cool with plowing through piles of dragons though too tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MqtmQ7EvUU&t=35s

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

orange juche posted:

Man, a Memoria 24-man would be really cool. Just a once off raid where the first three bosses are Maliris, Tiamat and Kraken, and the final boss is Lich (but the gear drops are Kujas outfit).

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

orange juche posted:

I loved this game so much, I really need to play it again.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

(but the gear drops are Kujas outfit).

Catboys absolutely need Kuja's glorious bulge.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Man, a Memoria 24-man would be really cool. Just a once off raid where the first three bosses are Maliris, Tiamat and Kraken, and the final boss is Lich (but the gear drops are Kujas outfit).

I'd also be cool with an Iifa Tree dungeon, that place was pretty cool looking.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

orange juche posted:

FFIX references would make me the happiest man. There's a lot of places they can use if they want to do a CT-like thing in Heavensward. Maybe a Necron reference at the end, as an optional thing for extra/different loot (SORTA how Dire Maul tribute runs worked in vanilla WoW)?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ilifinicus posted:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201502/06070272.html

* Airships can be bought at an extravagant price, or your Fc can build it bit by bit everyday.

Time to start the gathering of funds from the FCs in advance

copied from reddit:
3.0 series will be shorter than 2.0. 4.0 to be released sooner in comparison.

3 month interval between patches schedule to be continued. 1 major patch followed by 2 minor updates as has been done the past 2 years.

No fan fests this year but hoping to have a big event after 3.0 launches.

Airships are heavily customisable. Looks or specs, choice is yours.

Airships can be bought at an extravagant price, or your Fc can build it bit by bit everyday.

Expansion volume is more similar to WoW and other western MMOs than XI. Basically almost an entire new game. But 2 years per expansion is probably not realistic anymore so they're shifting to an annual release schedule.

expansions and content releases will be more like blockbuster movies, Big, dramatic changes in short spans of time.

story and content has already been planned up til 3.5

you can guess when 4.0 will release based on our current pacing, probably.

blood and splatter is hard to do because of regulations and laws in each region.

Example, a new miqote npc that gets injured and loses part of his ear. Something serious and with consequences. But we aren't allowed to do that because our said regulations.

some places will not even allow npcs shot by arrows to be shown.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'd subscribe for a million years if the casual raids were just previous FF final dungeons and their gearsets. Do a Caverns of Time-style thing so you can just shove them all in and wave it away with 'alternate dimensions/timelines'. I want Northern Crater, Pandemonium, Ultimecia's Castle, all that good poo poo and gently caress 'lore'.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pierson posted:

I'd subscribe for a million years if the casual raids were just previous FF final dungeons and their gearsets. Do a Caverns of Time-style thing so you can just shove them all in and wave it away with 'alternate dimensions/timelines'. I want Northern Crater, Pandemonium, Ultimecia's Castle, all that good poo poo and gently caress 'lore'.

The allagans were just one of 6 other civilizations (other than the current) that was destroyed in their various calamities. They definitely have ways they can weave in lore from anywhere.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

The allagans were just one of 6 other civilizations (other than the current) that was destroyed in their various calamities. They definitely have ways they can weave in lore from anywhere.

I am the last remaining descendant of one of the ancient civilizations of yore. Our family crest reads ".....whatever".

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

I check this thread for the first time in over 6 months and I'm getting mad sass already.

You're in the jungle, baby. You're gonna diiiiee...

*sick guitar solo*

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Re: FF9: The Qiqirn have always struck me as very Burmecian, which is a shame because they're derpy and annoying in this game instead of noble and mystical. It would be pretty cool if we got an FF9 4-man dungeon that explained the Qiqirn's origins, and that they actually used to be a Real Actual Race before some tragedy made them devolve into what they are today. Would probably be too similar to the Tonberries, though.

They've said that no more 24-man raids are planned to be themed after previous Final Fantasies, but here's hoping for 4-man content or events or whatever!

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Mr. Nice! posted:

Recorded here are the words of a long-dead civilization:

(image from TWD's FFIX Let's Play)

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

pksage posted:

Re: FF9: The Qiqirn have always struck me as very Burmecian, which is a shame because they're derpy and annoying in this game instead of noble and mystical. It would be pretty cool if we got an FF9 4-man dungeon that explained the Qiqirn's origins, and that they actually used to be a Real Actual Race before some tragedy made them devolve into what they are today. Would probably be too similar to the Tonberries, though.

They've said that no more 24-man raids are planned to be themed after previous Final Fantasies, but here's hoping for 4-man content or events or whatever!

gently caress it, take that theory about weird degradation of qiqirns and weave it into the lore of the berries too. Ancient civs that gently caress up too hard get turned into dumbass anime mascots

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I want 3.0 to introduce a Moomba beast tribe.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

No, we need a Dapper Zombie beast tribe who try to summon Hildy as a primal.

And it works. :stare:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Hey, if it worked for Enkidu...

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
How hard with the most recent patch is it to PUG Coil 6 - 9? I still my static on my server transfered to three different servers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kortel posted:

How hard with the most recent patch is it to PUG Coil 6 - 9? I still my static on my server transfered to three different servers.

6-8 are sometimes DFable and easily PFable. T9 isn't too hard to carry people through either honestly.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

T10.

We're pushing the phase where we don't have caster lb3 for the second set of adds. We've been holding dps to get lb3 but I'm wondering what others are doing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I am the last remaining descendant of one of the ancient civilizations of yore. Our family crest reads ".....whatever".

Some day, I'll tell you about my romantic dream!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

No, we need a Dapper Zombie beast tribe who try to summon Hildy as a primal.

And it works. :stare:

That actually sounds almost plausible.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

bleuraindrops posted:

T10.

We're pushing the phase where we don't have caster lb3 for the second set of adds. We've been holding dps to get lb3 but I'm wondering what others are doing.

Use caster LB2 on the set of son/daughter that you're going to kill first, so you can free up that tank to grab the third set.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

bleuraindrops posted:

T10.

Do you have lots of duplicate Jobs or something? I'm honestly a little unclear how else you could be failing to reach LB3 even with sick deeps. If your deeps is that sick I don't see why caster LB2 and burning down one pack wouldn't be sufficient

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
We wiped this week to not having the LB3 yet since we didn't have a backup plan. On the plus side, using a melee or mage LB2 means you don't have a huge orange/red cloud of meteor stuff obscuring your view and making you eat tail swipes and crackle hisses!

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Captain Oblivious posted:

Do you have lots of duplicate Jobs or something? I'm honestly a little unclear how else you could be failing to reach LB3 even with sick deeps. If your deeps is that sick I don't see why caster LB2 and burning down one pack wouldn't be sufficient

My old group hasn't gotten LB3 for second adds since like week 4. Frankly if you're hitting LB3 with this level of gear you probably need to work on your DPS quite a bit.

And yes, the answer is to LB2 the set of adds you're killing first.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Is the guild on Leviathan still going? Just rolled on there, I played at launch, but didn't want to transfer. I was a fresh 50 there anyway. Tiberius Munion on there, only lvl 7 gonna go ninja I'm thinking.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

bleuraindrops posted:

T10.

You could also just burn the first pair down without using it and then either LB3 the remaining adds or just save it and melee LB the boss.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Eight-Six posted:

Use caster LB2 on the set of son/daughter that you're going to kill first, so you can free up that tank to grab the third set.

Captain Oblivious posted:

bonewitch posted:

My old group hasn't gotten LB3 for second adds since like week 4. Frankly if you're hitting LB3 with this level of gear you probably need to work on your DPS quite a bit.

We kind of have a rotating casts of DPS. Last night we had duplicate jobs and two being newish, so although I think our dps is overall good, people get confused on kill order. We're also killing one add per tank but it sounds like we should have a tank grab the two new ones. We definitely have the dps for that but they had said it was too difficult to grab the adds from across the room when we tried initially. Do you have the PLD or WAR grab the new ones?

Thanks all!

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

bleuraindrops posted:

We kind of have a rotating casts of DPS. Last night we had duplicate jobs and two being newish, so although I think our dps is overall good, people get confused on kill order. We're also killing one add per tank but it sounds like we should have a tank grab the two new ones. We definitely have the dps for that but they had said it was too difficult to grab the adds from across the room when we tried initially. Do you have the PLD or WAR grab the new ones?

Thanks all!

As a WAR, my group kills my set of adds first and I grab the two new ones with a combination of steel cyclone and tomahawk. Either way it probably doesn't matter, just get into position quickly.

edit: We also do the entire fight within the innermost circle more or less, so the adds aren't that far away to grab.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Munion posted:

Is the guild on Leviathan still going? Just rolled on there, I played at launch, but didn't want to transfer. I was a fresh 50 there anyway. Tiberius Munion on there, only lvl 7 gonna go ninja I'm thinking.

Yep! :)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Eight-Six posted:

As a WAR, my group kills my set of adds first and I grab the two new ones with a combination of steel cyclone and tomahawk. Either way it probably doesn't matter, just get into position quickly.

edit: We also do the entire fight within the innermost circle more or less, so the adds aren't that far away to grab.

Yeah tank imdagud in the middle circle to start. Have everyone focus down one set of adds and that tank grabs the new ones. We have our PLD grab one set and hallowed ground to free up the healers while we burn the warrior's set. Immediately after we go to the other set while the WAR grabs both new ones and pulls them somewhere safe.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

bonewitch posted:

:shrug: Meeting the DPS checks with the greatest of ease but LB3 is up like clockwork.

Limit builds pretty fast in that fight.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

we always just kill the MT's son and the OT's daughter, and then the tanks rotate around the centre 90 degrees and grab their replacements then we melee LB3 Imdugud when we're done

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Our group stopped getting LB3 after the dps got upgraded weapons. We just LB2 now, waiting for 3 doesn't make much sense when you already have the dps to push phases that fast.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Hitting lb3 in t10 for second adds actually means you're doing the opposite of good DPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Yeah my group has eight different jobs and we just barely have lb2 by the second set of adds due to sicknasty dps

• Locked thread