Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I got tickets to see Die Antwoord. I will be getting tickets to at least 2 DMB shows.

I bought some beard oil since I got bad skin.

And a comb for beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

LTBS posted:

I got tickets to see Die Antwoord. I will be getting tickets to at least 2 DMB shows.

And a comb for beard.

What does the oil do? I just shaved my big 2 month beard. The skin underneath is always so dry/flaky. I'm clueless as to maintaining it, I get annoyed when it gets all grizzly, so I always end up shaving it. I don't know what to do with it, it's like taking care of a face bonsai.

colas has a new favorite as of 04:38 on Feb 6, 2015

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

colas posted:

What does the oil do? I just shaved my big 2 month beard. The skin underneath is always so dry/flaky. I'm clueless as to maintaining it, I get annoyed when it gets all grizzly, so I always end up shaving it. I don't know what to do with it, it's like taking care of a face bonsai.

A big thing to avoid, assuming you don't already, is constantly washing your beard hair. Get it wet, sure but avoid shampooing it every day. Drys everything out too much. Especially in winter which is when you really need those oils.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

colas posted:

Moisturizes skin and (somewhat) softens beard hair. It really made it far less itchy when you're growing it out, at least for me. Plus, some of these oils have a fantastic smell. I'm partial to this one myself. I want to make baked goods with it.

Yes, you'll feel like a massive Williamsburg lumbersexual hipster. No way to avoid that part of it, I'm afraid.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Trabant posted:

Moisturizes skin and (somewhat) softens beard hair. It really made it far less itchy when you're growing it out, at least for me. Plus, some of these oils have a fantastic smell. I'm partial to this one myself. I want to make baked goods with it.

Yes, you'll feel like a massive Williamsburg lumbersexual hipster. No way to avoid that part of it, I'm afraid.

That was another I was looking at but the one I got is unscented (except for the natural scent of the oils) because I got a sensitive nose :(

I have some of the Honest Amish Beard Balm and that smells good too.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

LTBS posted:

I have some of the Honest Amish Beard Balm and that smells good too.

This stuff is great but oh man do not ever let it get really hot, like say, in your luggage.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Wedemeyer posted:

Nobody cares about your sausage fest. However, everyone totally cares that I caved and bought this:

Tokyo Milk 'Bittersweet' perfume. Fragrance Notes: Cake Flour, Dark Cacao Bean, Osmanthus, Bronzed Musk. God I smell so good right now. I need more chocolatey perfumes,but the adult kind and not the teeny bopper sugar bomb stuff.

Sup perfume buddy, I just bought this:

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

LTBS posted:

And a comb for beard.

I hate to break it to you, but that beard comb is just a fancy flea comb.

(not shaming the shopper, more shaming the seller)

colas
Feb 14, 2007

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

I hate to break it to you, but that beard comb is just a fancy flea comb.

(not shaming the shopper, more shaming the seller)

Why? It's just hair. And if it removes beard fleas then all the better. I'll take one in red and one black.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All the flea combs I've seen have been metal. Then again, I've not seen that many flea combs.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Steam had a sale so I bought this game for $2.50. It's a pretty great game and I played it before, very worth the small price of admission. Kind of Portal-esque.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
The teeth are not close enough together to be an effective flea comb.
Now let the beard/flea comb derail begin.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I have an itchy beard. I have fleas now?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LTBS posted:

I have an itchy beard. I have fleas now?

You always have.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
I keep my beard trimmed short, around a 3 guard on my beard trimmer, so it's too soft to need oils. I bought a refill of blades for my razor to keep my neck from turning into coarse-grit sandpaper, though.

I was a little skeptical since they're always getting shilled on podcasts, but they're really drat good blades. Much cheaper than the Mach 3 razor i used to use, and they last a whole lot longer. I'm only shaving my neck and a bit of my above my beard every morning so they're not getting super heavy use, but each cartridge easily lasts me a month.

Harry's shave cream and aftershave moisturizer were lackluster and overpriced. Ordered this from Amazon instead, mostly because I love that cool tingly feeling from the eucalyptus & menthol:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I bought a DIY toy SLR camera because I like taking pictures and building things.

The thing is, the mirror came with a finger print on it, and after wiping it off, the mirror looked WORSE not better, so I have no idea what the photos will look like. Also, I had to remove a gear to get the photo counter to stop jamming the film. So I have to manually keep track of how many lovely photos are left in my roll of film...But I had a ton of fun bulding it and can't wait to send off my roll to get developed!

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Slimy Hog posted:

I bought a DIY toy SLR camera because I like taking pictures and building things.

The thing is, the mirror came with a finger print on it, and after wiping it off, the mirror looked WORSE not better, so I have no idea what the photos will look like. Also, I had to remove a gear to get the photo counter to stop jamming the film. So I have to manually keep track of how many lovely photos are left in my roll of film...But I had a ton of fun bulding it and can't wait to send off my roll to get developed!

Unless the mirror is so dirty that you can't tell what you are taking pictures of, you have learned remarkably little about how your camera works despite putting it together piece by piece.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

RangerScum posted:

Unless the mirror is so dirty that you can't tell what you are taking pictures of, you have learned remarkably little about how your camera works despite putting it together piece by piece.

I was definately exaggerating, but there are places on the mirror that are smugged so when I look through the viewfinder I cannot tell if my subject is in focus or not.

The photos will be lovely no matter what because it is a toy camera.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Slimy Hog posted:

I was definately exaggerating, but there are places on the mirror that are smugged so when I look through the viewfinder I cannot tell if my subject is in focus or not.

The photos will be lovely no matter what because it is a toy camera.

What he meant was that the mirror isn't used for taking the picture at all. Only for focusing.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Pondex posted:

What he meant was that the mirror isn't used for taking the picture at all. Only for focusing.

And what I meant is that part of the mirror is smuged so I cannot tell if my subject is in focus or not, but it is not as bad as my first post made it seem.

CONTENT:

I bought two of these kinda recently:

nerox
May 20, 2001

Bhodi posted:

I, too, am seeing both Weird Al and Welcome to Night vale. But that's not important because look what just arrived:

The lovely cellphone picture doesn't do it justice, it's simply amazing. The colors are more vivid than what it looks like.

That image was made by Everdraed, its been my computer's wallpaper for years.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Slimy Hog posted:

And what I meant is that part of the mirror is smuged so I cannot tell if my subject is in focus or not, but it is not as bad as my first post made it seem.

CONTENT:

I bought two of these kinda recently:

Enjoy this excellent piece of high theater. I especially enjoyed the pivotal role that General Butt-loving Naked had as the Antagonist in developing Elder Arnold Cunningham throughout the second act.

Excellent show.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Book of Mormon is in town for one more weekend but the cheapest price is around 100 after $20 dollar fees so thats kinda annoying. Loved the show and want to take the gf to it

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Bhodi posted:

I, too, am seeing both Weird Al and Welcome to Night vale. But that's not important because look what just arrived:

The lovely cellphone picture doesn't do it justice, it's simply amazing. The colors are more vivid than what it looks like.

I applaud this purchase

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Sup perfume buddy, I just bought this:

I actually just bought this one. :hfive:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

clockwork automaton posted:

I actually just bought this one. :hfive:

What a coincidence, I just bought this!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Harry's shave cream and aftershave moisturizer were lackluster and overpriced. Ordered this from Amazon instead, mostly because I love that cool tingly feeling from the eucalyptus & menthol:

If you're still looking for aftershave, Proraso is good at that too:

Probably the best-smelling aftershave I've ever used.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

My literal seconds of looking at the tokyo milk website have not provided me with an answer so I'll ask here, do they do men's scents? I'm looking for a new cologne.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

NotAnArtist posted:

My literal seconds of looking at the tokyo milk website have not provided me with an answer so I'll ask here, do they do men's scents? I'm looking for a new cologne.

Most fragrances can be pretty unisex, as everyone's body chemistry brings out different notes, and everyone's scent of smell brings recognizes different notes. My best suggestion is to just go to a Sephora, grab a few of them and look at what scents it has. Spray it on a test strip and give it a few seconds, then waft it to see if you enjoy the smell. If you enjoy it, ask them for a sample and they'll fill a small plastic sampler up for you.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

NotAnArtist posted:

Girls are soft and smell nice, so why not smell nice too by using their perfume?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan Krkic posted:

Girls are soft and smell nice, so why not smell nice too by using their perfume?

Because that's not what men do.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

PCOS Bill posted:

Because that's not what men do.

Nice gender-shaming ffs

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan Krkic posted:

Nice gender-shaming ffs

Girls are not men. This isn't shaming.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bogan Krkic posted:

That reminds me, just bought a new (well, sale)

because men can smell good, so why not wear their cologne?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

because men can smell good, so why not wear their cologne?

Wait, don't take this as an insult but... I kind of thought you were a dude this whole time

colas
Feb 14, 2007

They have a ton of different Tokyo Milk men's colognes on Amazon. They're pretty cheap for cologne too.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

NotAnArtist posted:

Like others said, not necessarily, but there is some [to me] that smell really unisex. Sandalwood is unisex, no? Anyways, Margot Elena who does Tokyo Milk also does Library of Flowers:

https://www.libraryofflowers.com/c/eau-de-parfum

Imo Willow and Water, The Forest and other green scents smell unisex to me but you'll have to decide that for yourself.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Thanks for the advice folks. I'll have to try and track them down in person, i suppose. I find the major manufacturers of men's colognes smell pretty same-y, so a unique scent is what I'm after, provided it smells good of course. I really like Diesel's Only The Brave, but I'm out of it and dumb as it sounds I still associate Diesel with douchebaggery.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

NotAnArtist posted:

Thanks for the advice folks. I'll have to try and track them down in person, i suppose. I find the major manufacturers of men's colognes smell pretty same-y, so a unique scent is what I'm after, provided it smells good of course. I really like Diesel's Only The Brave, but I'm out of it and dumb as it sounds I still associate Diesel with douchebaggery.

In case you haven't ran across it, there is a Cologne/Perfume Megathread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The Cologne thread is pretty good. I need to get a new bottle of Spicebomb now that I think about it