Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Was it a good show? Looks like a fun group of people on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Niwrad posted:

Was it a good show? Looks like a fun group of people on.

No. Unless you like precocious children. Even then it's pretty tough.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Not really. Just a bunch of people wandering in front of the mic for a few minutes and wandering off. Give it 5 minutes to hear super mellow Adam, then you can be done.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Sonny had some poignant thoughts I think.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Sonny had some poignant thoughts I think.

In the words of Black Dynamite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9cT_fzYtlo

Shut the gently caress up when grown folks is talking!

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
So a few years ago someone in one of these Carolla threads posted a link to basically every Deaf Frat Guy segment ever recorded. Not just the podcast but the radio show too. I wish I had saved it because I'm having a hell of a time finding old DFG segments online. Best I've found is like 2-3 clips on youtube.

Is there somewhere better to find this stuff? I'd love to hear the old DFG poo poo. It's some of the funniest radio I've ever witnessed.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

So a few years ago someone in one of these Carolla threads posted a link to basically every Deaf Frat Guy segment ever recorded. Not just the podcast but the radio show too. I wish I had saved it because I'm having a hell of a time finding old DFG segments online. Best I've found is like 2-3 clips on youtube.

Is there somewhere better to find this stuff? I'd love to hear the old DFG poo poo. It's some of the funniest radio I've ever witnessed.

I second this

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Beth the news girl who sat in has the sexiest voice I've ever heard. That's all.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I like that Adam was astonished that The Mexican lady who cuts his hair watched the Super Bowl on only a 20-something inch television and had Domino's pizza. Jesus Christ, these people live like animals!

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Holy poo poo, I just finished the episode where Adam explains why Alison got fired. Jesus Christ goons, you guys are insane maniacs with your theories. Where the gently caress did you even come up with this poo poo?

"Adam most likely sexually assaulted Allison and then fired her as a preemptive strategy to help him in the event of a lawsuit, so that he can claim she is just mad at being fired and made the whole thing up"

Hahaha, that is right up there with the goon theory of:

"The recoil from Zimmermans shot made his hands fly backwards, hitting himself in his face, and breaking his own nose in the process"

How the gently caress do you guys come up with this poo poo? I mean coming up with these theories is bad enough, but when several posters quote it going "yeah, this sounds pretty reasonable". Holy Jesus. :psyduck:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Holy poo poo, I just finished the episode where Adam explains why Alison got fired. Jesus Christ goons, you guys are insane maniacs with your theories. Where the gently caress did you even come up with this poo poo?

"Adam most likely sexually assaulted Allison and then fired her as a preemptive strategy to help him in the event of a lawsuit, so that he can claim she is just mad at being fired and made the whole thing up"

"The recoil from Zimmermans shot made his hands fly backwards, hitting himself in his face, and breaking his own nose in the process"

How the gently caress do you guys come up with this poo poo? I mean coming up with these theories is bad enough, but when several posters quote it going "yeah, this sounds pretty reasonable". Holy Jesus. :psyduck:

who the hell said it was a sexual assault?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
PRETTY SURE you are misrepresenting goon opinion hope that helps! If you really want to get into it a month later then call out the specific posters and their theories and their supporters, yeah there were a few eye-rollers but the only one that got much backing was that people thought that maybe Alison asked for more money which is hardly magic bullet stuff.

CatfishClyde
Jul 22, 2001
Orange Rhyming Dictionary
Listen, all I'm saying is it's pretty clear Adam had a threesome with Allison and Lynette despite Dr. Drew's repeated warnings over the years, then when Lynette inevitably got jealous she demanded Adam fire Allison and threatened to go public with his crippling alcoholism and child beating practices, also his long and torrid romance with Jimmy Kimmel. Allison was paid under the table to keep her mouth shut with all of Carolla's many, many ill-begotten millions of dollars. The clues are all there, buried in Bald Bryan's Top Drops.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

CatfishClyde posted:

Listen, all I'm saying is it's pretty clear Adam had a threesome with Allison and Lynette despite Dr. Drew's repeated warnings over the years, then when Lynette inevitably got jealous she demanded Adam fire Allison and threatened to go public with his crippling alcoholism and child beating practices, also his long and torrid romance with Jimmy Kimmel. Allison was paid under the table to keep her mouth shut with all of Carolla's many, many ill-begotten millions of dollars. The clues are all there, buried in Bald Bryan's Top Drops.

And this is without getting into Adam's ties to the Russian mob or his beliefs in a new world order.

You could spend all day talking about the complicated chain of events that led to Allison's firing.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Sick job applying one dumb post to everyone in the thread and doing it like a month late just to get in your edgy goons goonS GOOOONS shitpost.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

pangstrom posted:

PRETTY SURE you are misrepresenting goon opinion hope that helps! If you really want to get into it a month later then call out the specific posters and their theories and their supporters, yeah there were a few eye-rollers but the only one that got much backing was that people thought that maybe Alison asked for more money which is hardly magic bullet stuff.

Short memory? It's only 3-4 pages back.

Irish Joe posted:

I think Allison may have been having an extra-marital affair with Adam and she was threatening to exposure their relationship if he didn't divorce his wife and marry her. He fired her knowing that if she does blow the whistle now, no one will believe her because it will look like she's only doing it out of spite.

CatfishClyde posted:

Strasser challenged Adam all the time politically, didn't she? I don't see that as the reason Allison would get dumped. My guess is he got loaded and made a move on her on New Years Eve or something.

I would not be surprised if it came to light that he was having an affair, though. His marriage has been rocky and he's been boozing a lot, at least these are the impressions I have.

visuvius posted:

I'm convinced she was booted because she wasn't conservative enough for him. Its pretty obvious that she runs liberal and often had to hold back when political poo poo came up. She is getting canned for the few times she couldn't hold back and very lightly challenged him.

res0 posted:

Translation: "Alison challenged my intellectually lazy, old-man arguments too often, so I had to get someone to fire her via email on Christmas!"

Or he's making room for Gina Grad, who is the epitome of a weak-willed female sidekick.

Either way, the podcast has been bad for awhile. Hadn't heard about his Janay Rice idiocy, but it isn't surprising.

Apoplexy posted:

THE POOOOR
NEED TO BE TURNED INTO OIL!!!
TO POWER THE CARS!!!
OF THE RICH!!!!!

"That sounds like genocide, Adam."

Yep, she got canned for that reason, I'm thinking.

I also like how the above goon theories caused a lot of these (fake for e-cred) reactions:

beep by grandpa posted:

I unsubscribed to ACD and Adam&Drew today, but just like the Howard Stern show even tho I will stop listening I'll for drat sure read this thread every day :v:

So mr beep by grandpa...... did you resubscribe? :allears:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I haven't resubscribed but tbh I haven't listened to the show in many months anyway, not due to some conspiracy or personal vendetta as you're surely desperate to believe but I just slowly lost interest but moreover have had significantly less time to listen to podcasts than I did a year ago.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Yep, there are the eye rollers and a few pretty tame nothing posts, nice work!

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

I also like how the above goon theories caused a lot of these (fake for e-cred) reactions:

So mr beep by grandpa...... did you resubscribe? :allears:

Yeah I mean I pretty much still stand by my theory that it had something to do with their politics. She clearly runs pretty far to the left and he is well, the loving polar opposite of that. It was pretty obvious that some of the poo poo he said clearly made her uncomfortable and she wouldn't chime in. Its not out of the realm of possibility that she liked the job and the hour a day she had to be there but otherwise wasn't comfortable being associated with him because of where he stood politically on a lot of poo poo.

Either way I didn't really think the theory was out of loving left field or something.

Also you're kind of being a dick about this so theres that.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Contrived bullshit + one probably fake post + Irish Joe

Good job, you managed to grab a couple of people who are either retarded or fake posting and Irish Joe, a person you should already have on your ignore list. I'm convinced. And 3-4 pages back is a while ago, in real time. That's because people have steadily lost interest in this podcast and have become increasingly cynical, which leads a few outliers to think weird stuff.

Good callout, GuyDudeBroMan, let's fist bump it.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Good job, you managed to grab a couple of people who are either retarded or fake posting and Irish Joe, a person you should already have on your ignore list. I'm convinced. And 3-4 pages back is a while ago, in real time. That's because people have steadily lost interest in this podcast and have become increasingly cynical, which leads a few outliers to think weird stuff.

Good callout, GuyDudeBroMan, let's fist bump it.

Oh come one, there were only about 8 or 9 people total posting theories in this slow moving thread and I found no less than 5 examples of groan worthy "goons r dumb" posts. That is a a pretty high success rate. My original statement of "goons are silly and over reacted to this" appears to be true. At least based on what was posted in this small thread anyways.

But to be fair, the dumb theories weren't confined to just goons. This poo poo was all over twitter too. Goons are not the only ones who freaked out and concocted elaborate conspiracies in their heads. A lot of people did that. It's just funny to go back in time and revisit some of these theories now that we know the truth. I thought it was funny to see how far everyone missed the mark, especially those who "quit the show over it". This isn't funny to you? Why so defensive? You weren't even in the list of dumb theories quotes.

HotCarl
Aug 20, 2002
FUCK YOU,
GOT MINE
So Larry Miller just left ACS. LET THE WILD CONSPIRACY THEORIES BEGIN.

E: err Carolla Digital

HotCarl fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 6, 2015

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

HotCarl posted:

adam boned him, in the the butt

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Oh come one, there were only about 8 or 9 people total posting theories in this slow moving thread and I found no less than 5 examples of groan worthy "goons r dumb" posts. That is a a pretty high success rate. My original statement of "goons are silly and over reacted to this" appears to be true. At least based on what was posted in this small thread anyways.

But to be fair, the dumb theories weren't confined to just goons. This poo poo was all over twitter too. Goons are not the only ones who freaked out and concocted elaborate conspiracies in their heads. A lot of people did that. It's just funny to go back in time and revisit some of these theories now that we know the truth. I thought it was funny to see how far everyone missed the mark, especially those who "quit the show over it". This isn't funny to you? Why so defensive? You weren't even in the list of dumb theories quotes.

Because you overreacted to an alleged overreaction over a month after it stopped being relevant even if you were totally on point, which I believe you are not.

(1): Irish Joe: discount immediately

(2): A person's saying that disagreements caused the firing, with an addendum that Adam having an affair with ANYONE would not be surprising, considering how much he's drinking and how much he's on the road. Not really a wild theory for that to happen to anybody, not just Adam.

(3): Another person who cited disagreements with no mention of an affair.

(4): Again, citing disagreements, not affair

(5): This could easily be a fakepost or sarcastic. If not, you have someone with another theory that it was disagreements, not affair.

If I seem defensive, it's defensive of anybody trying to make a point with such a shaky basis for no apparent reason other than trying to call people out. I isolated affairs because that's the theory you singled out as crazy until people disagreed with you, likely forcing you to back paddle to broadening your definition of crazy theories.

This is already way more time than its worth, sorry about prolonging it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 6, 2015

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Oh ok, so we are filing "fired for having liberal opinions" under the "unimportant disagreements" heading then?

To think that he would fire someone just because they have the exact same political opinion as >60% of his existing staff and >80% of his guests, is loving insane, especially since she is much less left wing than the former cohost she replaced (at least verbally during the show). "fired for being liberal" is just as crazy of a theory as "possible sexual affair". The fact that you filed it under "disagreement" can only suggest one possible option:

Stupid or Liar? Which is it?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

how do you suck at trolling so much you can't manage to rile up an RGD megathread properly

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

HotCarl posted:

E: err Carolla Digital

Is he done podcasting in general or what?

HotCarl
Aug 20, 2002
FUCK YOU,
GOT MINE

Social Animal posted:

Is he done podcasting in general or what?

He announced on twitter that he'll be taking his podcast indie. Which is odd, since he and Adam just started another podcast together, right?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

HotCarl posted:

He announced on twitter that he'll be taking his podcast indie. Which is odd, since he and Adam just started another podcast together, right?

Wrong Miller. PO'dcast is with Dennis Miller.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It was always weird to me that he never appeared on Adam's show after the accident (well maybe once). He was a show regular and all of a sudden just disappeared.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Ahhh yes Larry Millers podcast. Lets listen to grandpa ramble on by himself for an hour.

That poo poo was unlistenable, and I like Larry Miller as a comedian.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Larry Miller was always a great guest, I miss the hypothetical road trip game :(

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Dameshek hasn't been on in awhile either.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Niwrad posted:

It was always weird to me that he never appeared on Adam's show after the accident (well maybe once). He was a show regular and all of a sudden just disappeared.

He was on at least once afterwards because he finally won the hypothetical road trip game.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I liked the hypothetical road trip game but they were pretty much mostly "would you rather go on a drive with this cartoonish, over the top liberal or this insane person"?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Larry Miller has a decent role in Adam's new movie so it's probably nothing personal. My guess is he doesn't need/want to head into the studio to record.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Adam made a pass at Larry Miller during a recording session.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

JB50 posted:

Ahhh yes Larry Millers podcast. Lets listen to grandpa ramble on by himself for an hour.

That poo poo was unlistenable, and I like Larry Miller as a comedian.

I'll admit I don't listen to his podcast anymore. Couple of years ago when my lifestyle was different I used to enjoy it, there was something relaxing about it.

Actually I think the last one I heard was when he came back from the accident and told the story on how it happened. I wonder if the Amazon revenue was any good...

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I heard Adam sexually assaulted Larry while he was in the hospital after the accident, and demanded Larry give all his ad revenue for Adams lawsuit.

And put a Carolla Digital icon on Larrys forehead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
The latest Alison Rosen podcast really goes into a lot of the details, and holy poo poo, Adam comes across as a massive rear end in a top hat. Basically he wanted to divert her Amazon revenue (basically the only way she was making money) to his legal defense fund. He was already taking half of it as part of the network agreement, and she had to pay for using the facilities for her show. drat.