Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

zolthorg posted:

Because my campus has weeklies where we do Smash4 / Project dumb / Melee depending on the week and with a GCN adapter, hacked vWii and Nintendont I can use my console to run any of the three games whilst allowing people to use their bad gamecube controllers while I play with the superior Wii U Pro controller?

Okay, I can get behind that.

zenintrude posted:

FTFY

I need to live in a world where a Home Movies video game exists.

Telltale could probably make a good one, if they weren't on to doing prestige poo poo like Game of Thrones now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

zolthorg posted:

Because my campus has weeklies where we do Smash4 / Project dumb / Melee depending on the week and with a GCN adapter, hacked vWii and Nintendont I can use my console to run any of the three games whilst allowing people to use their bad gamecube controllers while I play with the superior Wii U Pro controller?

How do you play Project dumb with Pro Controller?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

How do you play Project dumb with Pro Controller?

I have a gamecube controller too. I use the good controller when playing smash4

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

zolthorg posted:

I have a gamecube controller too. I use the good controller when playing smash4

The GC controller shouldn't work with Project M though?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

The GC controller shouldn't work with Project M though?
All idle shitposting about how I prefer the pro controller aside here:
I literally have not tried this setup yet because I've only just ordered the adaptor from play-asia & I haven't had a gamecube or wii for years. And I'm hoping to use nintendont + the adapter to at least run melee on my Wii U alongside smash 4. What is it that stops Project M from recognizing the gamecube adapter. Does nintendont only work with gcn games but not wii games on a hacked vWii? Genuinely curious.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

zolthorg posted:

All idle shitposting about how I prefer the pro controller aside here:
I literally have not tried this setup yet because I've only just ordered the adaptor from play-asia & I haven't had a gamecube or wii for years. And I'm hoping to use nintendont + the adapter to at least run melee on my Wii U alongside smash 4. What is it that stops Project M from recognizing the gamecube adapter. Does nintendont only work with gcn games but not wii games on a hacked vWii? Genuinely curious.

Oh I see what you're saying now. Project M runs on top of Brawl and not through Nintendon't. Nintendon't is homebrew that lets you run GameCube ISOs on your Wii or Wii U through vWii mode. Unless somehow the homebrew people can get whatever launchers they can run to recognize the GC adapter, then Project M can only be played with Wiimotes and the various accessories that connect to them.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh I see what you're saying now. Project M runs on top of Brawl and not through Nintendon't. Nintendon't is homebrew that lets you run GameCube ISOs on your Wii or Wii U through vWii mode. Unless somehow the homebrew people can get whatever launchers they can run to recognize the GC adapter, then Project M can only be played with Wiimotes and the various accessories that connect to them.

I get it now. That's a sacrifice i'm willing to make. I love all the custom poo poo in Project M with revived characters, skins, stages etc. But the whole game feels like they went way overboard in trying to make it more 'crazy technical then melee'.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Will I get a post-play survey for Earthbound? I'm sitting at 240, which is so close to 250....

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

messagemode1 posted:

Will I get a post-play survey for Earthbound? I'm sitting at 240, which is so close to 250....

You should after 7 days. I mentioned it in on the other page, but I got 60 coins for W101 and 20 coins for Dr Luigi immediately.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

ChaosArgate posted:

Unless somehow the homebrew people can get whatever launchers they can run to recognize the GC adapter, then Project M can only be played with Wiimotes and the various accessories that connect to them.
To be fair, that can include a Gamecube controller.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

raditts posted:

Telltale could probably make a good one, if they weren't on to doing prestige poo poo like Game of Thrones now.
A Bob's Burgers Telltale series written by the actual show writers would be incredible.

It'd need to be an actual adventure game though and not an 'interactive story'.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/02/06/legend-of-zelda-netflix-series/

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
:negative:

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
the gently caress

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can't wait to bomb some dodongos

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Matthew Mcconaughey as Link
January Jones as Zelda
The Decayed Carcass of Dennis Hopper as Ganondorf
Gilbert Gottfried as Tingle

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Why WHY WHY is this happening? Even in the best-case scenario, this can only end up being something so bad that it's good, like the CD-I cutscenes.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
gently caress yeah. HEP HUP HA HWAAAGH.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

this is gonna own

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

TaurusOxford posted:

Why WHY WHY is this happening? Even in the best-case scenario, this can only end up being something so bad that it's good, like the CD-I cutscenes.

I'd give Netflix the benefit of the doubt. They took a pretty terrible book called Orange is the New Black and developed it into a stellar series, after all. Maybe they can treat LoZ the same, using the characters as a sort of bare-bones framework to develop an original story around (since that's what pretty much every LoZ game does in the first place).

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Netflix is making a Wet Hot American Summer series so they can do whatever the gently caress they want

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Louisgod posted:

Netflix is making a Wet Hot American Summer series

really?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ha ha ha ha excellent

If it's a hilarious piece of poo poo or if Netflix somehow pulls it off (I can't really imagine how they would do it) it'll be great.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yep, they got the entire cast back Bradley Cooper included

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j12pk-IE3D0

again, if they're resurrecting WHAS they are gods in my eyes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

:wow:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Will Link be a silent protagonist??

Will Link be left-handed????

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Featuring Danny DeVito as Tingle

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Looper posted:

Will Link be a silent protagonist??

Will Link be left-handed????

I would unironically love it if link was deaf and communicated exclusively though ASL or something.

If hes not a southpaw, though, I'm cancelling my subscription.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

senae posted:

I would unironically love it if link was deaf and communicated exclusively though ASL or something.

Tumblr would love it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Netflix is trying all sorts of weird show ideas. I'm curious about this one at least.

In Metroid Prime 2 news, the spider guardian is a very fun boss.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
i hope link is gay and is uninterested in saving the princess

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

senae posted:

Hylian Sign Language :colbert:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ruddha posted:

i hope link is gay and is uninterested in saving the princess

it is very triggering to me, as a fantasy princess, that you would only expect him to save her if sex was involved. maybe they are just really good friends??? wow. just wow.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They should steal 24's gimmick for a Majora's Mask show and have each episode be 1/72 hours

He still rewinds time though so it's like 20 seasons

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Regy Rusty posted:

That boss became so much better in Trilogy because of jumpball.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

That boss became so much better in Trilogy because of jumpball.

Yeah I was thinking exactly that during the battle. It was really creative and a cool change of pace, but it occurred to me how much more of a pain it would be if you could only bomb jump.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Regy Rusty posted:

Spider Guardian is great yes.

And the other best boss in the game is also in this area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The best bosses are all in Sanctuary, the worst are all in Torvus, hmmm....

• Locked thread