Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Genocide Tendency posted:

Its kinda like getting on a sport bike.

No matter what your IQ was before, the moment you set foot on it you are the dumbest motherfucker in a 3 state radius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Man, someone can't handle the truth.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

:cripes: It's true, my self-preservation synapses won't let me get on a sportbike

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Protip: if you worry about riding a sportbike because you'll crash/lose your license, you probably won't do either of those things. The fact that you're thinking about it at all shows you have enough self discipline and common sense to avoid being a dumbass.

Since getting into bikes I've gotten more tickets in my string of terrible underpowered shitboxes than I have on all my bikes put together.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
I don't have a sport bike, but people who don't really know bikes kind of assume it is one. Which is hilarious because they all assume I'm gonna wheelie or try to race them or whatever.

I really want to upgrade. I figure next year it'll be time. I'll have 24k+ miles on this bike, and it can be sold to some nice person who just got an M on their license.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Excuse me the correct term is crotch rocket.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Pope Mobile posted:

Excuse me the correct term is crotch rocket.

Ninja bike.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

"Jap crap" is also a common term.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Murdercycle, because it's not a Harley

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Bullet bike.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Suicycle, which I scrawled across the fender of my little Jap crap DRZ.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Chichevache posted:

Suicycle, which I scrawled across the fender of my little Jap crap DRZ.

No you didn't.

Also, nice AV. There a story behind that?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Shimrod posted:

"Jap crap" is also a common term.

I worked in a bike shop that had a store of old 80s and 90s Iron Horse magazines. each issue has a picture labeled JAP IS CRAP :fsmug: with a picture of a Japanese bike that was in pieces all over the road, really obviously the product of a crash.

The following section was always 12-16 pages of How To Fix Poorly Designed Tractor Engines which always made me laugh.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Marxalot posted:

No you didn't.

I did. I will post pictures tomorrow if I remember.

I don't know for sure who bought it for me, but it appeared around the same time I told another poster that his mother was a terrible lay. :iiam:

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013

Z3n posted:

Bullet bike.

This is the correct term.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
I like the term donorcycle myself, although that is very brand non-specific.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Marxalot posted:

He's a seahawks fan that makes friends in TFF.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

KARMA! posted:

My fav is when it's misspelled donercycle. Delicious suicide!

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
"slant bike" is one I heard recently to describe any non-Harley.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

KARMA! posted:

I used to work in an ER and the way out to the parking garage went past the smoking area. Aside from calling it a donorcycle the ER nurses would tell me how I was going to "kill myself on that thing" while they smoked.

I always heard Japanese bikes referred to as rice rockets.

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

In war, you kill people in order to change their minds. Remember that; it's fuckin' important.

hot sauce posted:

"slant bike" is one I heard recently to describe any non-Harley.
I'm pretty insensitive to other folks' horrible conduct most of the time, but this one actually made me angry when I read it. I don't think I'd be able to contain a reflexive "gently caress you!" if someone actually used that phrase in my presence.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Frosty- posted:

I'm pretty insensitive to other folks' horrible conduct most of the time, but this one actually made me angry when I read it. I don't think I'd be able to contain a reflexive "gently caress you!" if someone actually used that phrase in my presence.

Well that one is just openly racist instead of just being lovely xenophobia and misplaced nationalism. You know, it is "rude".

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
"Bullet Bike" sounds like the kind of bike with "Bullet Bill" decal'd on the side :getin:

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Bonercycle

The_Maz
Mar 27, 2005

Get It By Your Hands

M42 posted:

My fav is when it's misspelled donercycle. Delicious suicide!

A döner themed custom would bring much needed levity to the chopper scene.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Frosty- posted:

Hey, if Japanese bikes a "slant bikes", then American bikes are "fat gently caress bikes".

I guess that makes me a true American. :(

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Gunt Sleds

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yesterday I had to pick something up from a workshop we have occasional dealings with. The owner had a mid-00's 636. He proceeded to tell me how it has errythaaang done to it and it's even faster than a ZX10. Looked like it had a can and a PC.

Bonus points: had completely clapped out Diablo Stradas, a tyre they don't even make anymore AFAIK.

edited for clarity

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 6, 2015

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
To be fair, the mid 2000's 636s made more power stock than the 07-12 ZX6R and are just a few hp down from the 2013.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

He was meaning faster than a ZX10.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Richard Bong posted:

I always heard Japanese bikes referred to as rice rockets.

"Tupperware torpedoes"

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013
Sake Sled

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

I gotta remember that one.

Chrome Turd.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I got called a Kerosene Cowboy once.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Slavvy posted:

I got called a Kerosene Cowboy once.

Is that another term for Leather Daddy? :redass:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Getting hot and sweaty in my leather romper suit is what I have a bike for.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
BMW's require ~special~ tools and ~special~ machines to remove the wheels and tires in order to not damage the rim. They have a ~special~ design so standard tire machines or tire irons will mar the rims (even when using rim guards). They also require a ~special~ oil and filter. K&N filters don't work properly with BMW engines. It's true because I watched a Youtube video.

I understand wanting to baby your new bike, but paint will get chipped and rims will get dinged, especially if you're using that "adventure" bike for its marketed purpose.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Pope Mobile posted:

BMW's require ~special~ tools and ~special~ machines to remove the wheels and tires in order to not damage the rim. They have a ~special~ design so standard tire machines or tire irons will mar the rims (even when using rim guards). They also require a ~special~ oil and filter. K&N filters don't work properly with BMW engines. It's true because I watched a Youtube video.

Rev. moses, C/D?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Did our dear Rev. just purchase an F650GS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Nothing that special about BMW wheels and oil filters in my experience, except that some of them are in places you can't get to for no reason and some of the drain bolts are 3 times as big as they need to be so you need a totally unique crush washer. If you want to do more serious work on them, that's where it gets retarded. I should find a pic of the procedure for refilling the cooling system in a K1200R.

• Locked thread