Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

pentyne posted:

Cain did say he managed to keep the mark under control for centuries after he went pacifistic and married the woman he loved.

With the Winchesters history with women, Dean is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Jedit posted:

"The river ends at the source". It's obvious that only Cain can remove the Mark.

Didn't either God or Lucifer give Cain the mark? Wouldn't that make them the source not Cain?

It'd be awesome if the season finale they realize they have to open the cage to kill Lucifer or find a way to kill God.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

KilGrey posted:

With the Winchesters history with women, Dean is hosed.

Dean has been in serious love before, but gave up on it to save Sam. The whole ending to the original series was Dean going back to the woman he loved and settling down and becoming a family man. That plot evaporated 3 episodes in to season 6 and has never been mentioned since.

Oroborus posted:

Didn't either God or Lucifer give Cain the mark? Wouldn't that make them the source not Cain?

It'd be awesome if the season finale they realize they have to open the cage to kill Lucifer or find a way to kill God.

Lucifer and Micheal just show up, realize God has taken off, and just go "gently caress it, let's do whatever we want" and pal around the world making up for lost time. Gabriel shows up to poo poo talk them, get drunk, and explain the in and outs of human culture while getting them to embarrass themselves constantly.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 3, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Puberty Dean is hilarious, someone get that kid a job.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The kid they got to play Young Dean did a surprisingly good job mimicking Dean's speech, mannerisms, and facial expressions. I almost hoped that they'd have him in the role for a few episodes while they look for an alternate way to remove the mark.

HOLY poo poo MRS. PATMORE! This was literally the last show I expected a member of the Downton Abbey cast to show up, much less as a crazy evil version of of her Downton role.

Well, at least now we have our meta-plot. The worldwide association of old school crazy European/Russian witches are now getting involved.

And god drat that Taylor Swift song at the end was perfect. Is that the most current music they've ever used? All I remember is classic rock.

edit: Looks like it was a joking reference to Padalecki dissing Taylor Swift on Twitter a few months ago.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 4, 2015

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
All I could think is that Sam was lucky Dean got tinified instead of him because Dean would've been way more trigger happy about some random kid knocking at his motel room door and claiming to be his brother. Sam you didn't even test him for anything. Your father would be so disappointed.

Please just let them do a bodyswap episode, Jared Padalecki would loving kill as Dean.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'd be up for an alternate universe Lil' Hunters starring Young Dean, Baby Sam, Lil Cas, Lil Crowley, etc.

Didn't really dig the episode ending though. Somehow a teenage girl getting on a random bus somewhere doesn't really seem like a great plan.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

pentyne posted:

Well, at least now we have our meta-plot. The worldwide association of old school crazy European/Russian witches are now getting involved.
I hope it doesn't get resolved too quickly, because a bunch of ancient, super-powerful witches could make for some really interesting bad guys. Unlike demons or leviathans or whatever, there's basically no limit to what they can do or how they can behave.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Didn't really dig the episode ending though. Somehow a teenage girl getting on a random bus somewhere doesn't really seem like a great plan.
Well, she's got the knowledge and experience of a grown adult. I would have liked to see them set her up with a new identity though, because she basically has no official identity now. That could make stuff like jobs, education, etc. difficult.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

empty sea posted:

Please just let them do a bodyswap episode, Jared Padalecki would loving kill as Dean.

Dean wouldn't want to switch back. At least until he walked into a doorframe or had to drive in the Impala for hours.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Did Jensen direct this? That was one of the best episodes recently.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

That Taylor Swift ending was loving glorious.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Too bad about this episode coming out the same week as the video of that pilot getting burned to death. Robbed some of the lols from seeing the wicked witch get burned alive.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Just catching this episode, and Teen Dean is great. That kid is dead on.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

They have a LOT of random teenage girls at this point, de-aged girl from this episode, Cas' daughter, ex-vampire orphan that Sheriff Mills is raising, the girl hunter.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

hangedman1984 posted:

They have a LOT of random teenage girls at this point, de-aged girl from this episode, Cas' daughter, ex-vampire orphan that Sheriff Mills is raising, the girl hunter.

There's your spinoff: Teen Girl Squad! With the Sheriff's as the mentors! (I'd watch it).

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

SpannerX posted:

There's your spinoff: Teen Girl Squad! With the Sheriff's as the mentors! (I'd watch it).

The Huntresses
Coming this fall to the CW

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

pentyne posted:

HOLY poo poo MRS. PATMORE! This was literally the last show I expected a member of the Downton Abbey cast to show up, much less as a crazy evil version of of her Downton role.

Right? Just think of how small the intersection is of people who watch Supernatural and Downton Abbey.

Now we just need Mr. Carson as some sort of stodgy werewolf. He really dislikes change.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Man, that kid killed that role. I wonder how much time he and Jensen spent working on speech patterns and mannerisms.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Man, that kid killed that role. I wonder how much time he and Jensen spent working on speech patterns and mannerisms.

He was in the last season as actual young Dean. He might've pulled off a convincing "Dean" on set as a joke and got asked to be Dean in a teenage body for season 10 or something. Literally every review of the show I've read talks about how insanely good the kid was. If he's lucky he'll get tapped for another CW show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's going to be going to be big, Gabby Hayes big!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SpannerX posted:

So which ones will play Cheerleader, So and So, Whats Her Face, and The Ugly One?

Lunadystopia
Oct 15, 2014
I just loved loved this episode! I was afraid that they could pulled off this one, but that kid is going places! It was just perfect, I almost forgot that real Dean wasn't in the most part of the episode! This one took me back to the early seasons, specially season 3 with the Christmas episode! It was amazing, I missed this kind of episode, well thought and kinda magical like the old days!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Huh, this episode's Young Dean is actually 20.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

So which ones will play Cheerleader, So and So, Whats Her Face, and The Ugly One?

Arrowed! Wait, that's an other show now, can't use that one.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BreakAtmo posted:

You what..?

Can't be

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I was hoping Hansel would get tossed in the oven so he could yell "HANSEL'S SO HOT RIGHT NOW" but that would be a silly reference.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BreakAtmo posted:

God drat, if that kid is 20 he is going to get carded until the day he dies.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

God drat, if that kid is 20 he is going to get carded until the day he dies.

Most TV high school students are in their mid-20s.

Just a couple of weeks ago, a cashier told me I look 17. I'm 29.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mae Whitman is almost 27 and she's still playing high school students in movies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

raditts posted:

Mae Whitman is almost 27 and she's still playing high school students in movies.

Her?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Most TV high school students are in their mid-20s.

Just a couple of weeks ago, a cashier told me I look 17. I'm 29.

There are some who have been playing high schoolers for 20 years

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

hangedman1984 posted:

There are some who have been playing high schoolers for 20 years

I'm pretty sure Bianca Lawson has mutant genes or is a vampire or something because it's unreal.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, I know there are people who look young, but I would have completely not gauged that kid to be above MAYBE 16 tops.

What's her chick, the ballerina one that Whedon drops into all his shows, she's also one of those weirdly non aging vampire Keanu kinda people.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

On the other side of the scale the woman who played Neeson's daughter in the Taken series was fooling nobody.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yea, I know there are people who look young, but I would have completely not gauged that kid to be above MAYBE 16 tops.

What's her chick, the ballerina one that Whedon drops into all his shows, she's also one of those weirdly non aging vampire Keanu kinda people.

Summer Glau appeared on Arrow last year and was convincing as a mid to late 20s businesswoman

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

BreakAtmo posted:

Holy poo poo.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

pentyne posted:

Lucifer and Micheal just show up, realize God has taken off, and just go "gently caress it, let's do whatever we want" and pal around the world making up for lost time. Gabriel shows up to poo poo talk them, get drunk, and explain the in and outs of human culture while getting them to embarrass themselves constantly.

Spinoff detected.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

priznat posted:

On the other side of the scale the woman who played Neeson's daughter in the Taken series was fooling nobody.

I'm not even sure how old we're supposed to think the daughter is in the second and third movies.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

raditts posted:

I'm not even sure how old we're supposed to think the daughter is in the second and third movies.

I looked up how much older Famke is than Maggie grace, and was shocked to find Famke is now 50 (Grace is 31 so plausible at least). I would not have guessed that!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glaric
Oct 9, 2011

That's just sad.
Oh my god the sontarans are back!