Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The title is unfortunate. What about Avengals ('als' in lipstick)'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Dacap posted:

G Willow Wilson is writing an all female Avengers book called A-Force with Jorge M opinion art

Hold on here... we have Moondragon, Patsy Walker, two Spider-Women, disco-era Dazzler, paf-shooting Jubilee... and Phoenix???

I suppose the theme to this is "Marvel women taken from all points in space and time?"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gynovore posted:

taken from all points in space and time?"

That'd be Secret Wars, right?

Kamala should be there :colbert:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Lady that is not how you hold a pair of guns

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gynovore posted:

Hold on here... we have Moondragon, Patsy Walker, two Spider-Women, disco-era Dazzler, paf-shooting Jubilee... and Phoenix???

I suppose the theme to this is "Marvel women taken from all points in space and time?"

Note the big ol' Secret Wars logo.

It also has Niko from the Runaways/Avengers Arena/Undercover, who I believe is currently a villain.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Gaz-L posted:

It also has Niko from the Runaways/Avengers Arena/Undercover, who I believe is currently a villain.

Yeah that's just getting ignored because it sold like and was critically considered poo poo.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Pureauthor posted:

Lady that is not how you hold a pair of guns

Yosemite Widow!

They've said on Twitter that the cover doesn't include everyone who will feature. E.g. America Chavez: https://twitter.com/McKelvie/status/563735921326301184

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.
Wilson writing Nico Minoru and Dazzler? I'm in.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
Super excited to see Nico and Karolina. Just hope they bring along Molly, too!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hmm, can you make a line-up from distaff versions of male Avengers? (Not that they should, I'm mainly intellectually curious.)

Current lady Thor, Rescue, Miss America (Chavez), She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye (Kate)...

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Metalshark posted:

Yosemite Widow!

They've said on Twitter that the cover doesn't include everyone who will feature. E.g. America Chavez: https://twitter.com/McKelvie/status/563735921326301184
That tweet is just McKelvie asking them to put America Chavez in it...

It sounds cool but A-Force is kind of a really bad name.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

irlZaphod posted:

That tweet is just McKelvie asking them to put America Chavez in it...

Read the replies from Bennett.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Deadpool posted:

OH MY GOD. If they're also putting Songbird in there, I'll legit scream. She's possibly my favourite Marvel heroine and one of the main reasons I'm not overly fond of Thunderbolts being turned into Suicide Squad: Marvel Edition.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metalshark posted:

I want to read Bendis' Daredevil run ahead of the Netflix series release, go nuts on Hickman's Avengers run after reading Bendis' New Avengers run, read the X-Men San-Fran/Utopia stuff to fill in the gaps as I read Messiah Complex and X-Necrosha to follow X-Force and a few other titles. I've found that picking a few X-series to read alongside each other is the way to avoid overload, but the post-Messiah Complex era has been really excellent to read, and I'm looking forward to finishing off the Hope Summers stuff.

Once you make it through the Hope stuff, make sure to hit on both of Si Spurrier's X-titles, X-Men: Legacy with Legion as the main dude and X-force. They're really good, especially if you've been following X-Force/Hope stuff along enough for the current X-Force run

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.

Gaz-L posted:

OH MY GOD. If they're also putting Songbird in there, I'll legit scream. She's possibly my favourite Marvel heroine and one of the main reasons I'm not overly fond of Thunderbolts being turned into Suicide Squad: Marvel Edition.

Deserving a spot on the Avengers, wanting a spot on the Avengers, not getting a spot on the Avengers, and still making her reformation stick is what makes her her, though.

(I kid. It would be nice to see that plot line finally pay off.)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Deadpool posted:

Ah ok. It still doesn't really confirm America Chavez. Plus it's launching during Secret Wars, it'll remain to be seen what will happen with it afterward.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Nobby posted:

Deserving a spot on the Avengers, wanting a spot on the Avengers, not getting a spot on the Avengers, and still making her reformation stick is what makes her her, though.

(I kid. It would be nice to see that plot line finally pay off.)

I would be the worst Avengers writer. I'd have Songbird and Nomad (the girl Bucky from Heroes Rerborn version) and She-Hulk and Hank Pym and Hazmat and Luke Cage and Captain Britain.

It'd be cancelled in 3 issues.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Teenage Fansub posted:

That'd be Secret Wars, right?

Kamala should be there :colbert:

Marvel has been doing a good job of not throwing her into the deep end of the Marvel U. The second issue of Waid's SHIELD is pretty much dedicated to that idea. Don't want her and Nova growing up too fast.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I'm hoping that Kamala has occasional team-ups for a while before becoming part of a bigger group. Her comic is really one of my absolute favorites right now and feels more like the Marvel comics when I was a kid, and I love that. (I stopped reading hero comics for pretty much 20-odd years and only recently have returned to the fold... I'm kind of glad at new things happening like this as it makes a great springboard for a returning fan like me without having too many loving complicated things happening that refers to poo poo I never read).

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Gaz-L posted:

I would be the worst Avengers writer. I'd have Songbird and Nomad (the girl Bucky from Heroes Rerborn version) and She-Hulk and Hank Pym and Hazmat and Luke Cage and Captain Britain.

Didn't Nomad get killed off in that book where they revisited Heroes Reborn, or am I remembering poorly?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

RusteJuxx posted:

Super excited to see Nico and Karolina. Just hope they bring along Molly, too!

I will legit buy any book with Rescue in it. Even if Slott writes it. Even if Land or Liefield does the art.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Codependent Poster posted:

I think working with Hickman has helped him.

At least for Foes I felt it was more that Spencer's weaknesses became strengths for the characters and subject.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dacap posted:

G Willow Wilson is writing an all female Avengers book called A-Force with Jorge M opinion art

Songbird will never be an Avenger

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KaosMachina posted:

Didn't Nomad get killed off in that book where they revisited Heroes Reborn, or am I remembering poorly?

That wasn't her, that was a dumb psychic echo thing, and she was totally kidnapped by the Red Skull or AIM or someone and she'd escape and tell the Avengers about an evil plan and then they'd make her an Avenger and...

(Yes, it was the typical "smash my toys because I'm not allowed to play with them any more" move at the end of a run and it pissed me off.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

To be honest, I've seen how Marvel treats new characters once the creators leave, I'd loving smash my toys too.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I can't believe that they're having a team of various alternate universe superheroines with nary a Spider-Girl in sight. She's still the most successful of them all. Hopefully she'll show up in the MC2 corner of battleworld.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Lurdiak posted:

To be honest, I've seen how Marvel treats new characters once the creators leave, I'd loving smash my toys too.

What, you don't think the Runaways were treated with the proper respect?
I'm sad now.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Lurdiak posted:

It's not necessarily Marvel. There are a lot of creators who come onto series and literally thought "I'll ruin this character that everyone likes because gently caress it; I don't!" Sometimes just to spite the previous writer as well.

Also where the heck is Susan Storm and/or Valeria in that picture. This does not bode well for my beloved FF. Totally psyched to see Nico there though. Hope America Chavez makes it in.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gaz-L posted:

I would write an X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover mini in which they all get captured someone and it's up to Rockslide, Thing, and Hawkeye (token Avenger of the group) to rescue them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I would write an X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover mini in which they all get captured someone and it's up to Rockslide, Thing, and Hawkeye (token Avenger of the group) to rescue them.

Hawkeye would get so pissed hanging around Thing and Rockslide. It would be glorious.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Gaz-L posted:

The previous Secret Wars-es sucked in people from all over the MU, but they were generally content to take the current version, not a time-displaced one.

And Nico has gone bad now? I skimmed Avengers Arena but must have missed that.

quote:

Hawkeye would get so pissed hanging around Thing and Rockslide. It would be glorious.

Thing and Rockslide would be awesome together.

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 6, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gynovore posted:

The previous Secret Wars-es sucked in people from all over the MU, but they were generally content to take the current version, not a time-displaced one.

And Nico has gone bad now? I skimmed Avengers Arena but must have missed that.

This one is taking from all across the multiverse.

And I've also not been actually reading it, but as I understand it, Niko's life has been so lovely that Alex was able to convince her to be an rear end in a top hat and use her powers to just take what she wants and the hell with everyone else.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Flameingblack posted:

Songbird will never be an Avenger

Not until they bring Jack of Hearts and Genis Vell back to life.

So, as you say, never.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gynovore posted:

No doubt they would be, but Hawkeye is already not a fan of Thing and adding Rockslide into the mix might drive him gloriously insane.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

My dream comic that I would totally write if Marvel hired me is and always will be a four issue mini about Maria Hill vs paperwork, and her and SHIELD trying to retrieve a mad science invention that allows the user to will whatever they want for lunch into being. It's like a cosmic cube for lunch.

I'm really hyped for A-Force too, despite that poo poo title. Jean Grey ... :eyepop:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Metal Loaf posted:

Not until they bring Jack of Hearts and Genis Vell back to life.

So, as you say, never.

Jack of Hearts is alive (according to wikipedia) , it's just no one gives a poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

When'd he come back?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
2011 I guess? I'm just reading right off Wikipedia

"Wikipedia posted:

Jack Hart returned to life once more in the second issue of the Marvel Zombies Supreme mini-series. While defending scientists at Project Pegasus, (which has been besieged by zombiefied clones of the Squadron Supreme) a team of special operatives led by Jill Harper and the superhero known as Battlestar came across a source of zero-point energy which Harper believed could help them stop the zombies. The zero-point energy unexpectedly reformed itself into corporeal form as Jack, who returned to life wearing his original suit for unexplained reasons. Harper managed to revive Jack, who was temporarily amnesiac and fainting from the stress of becoming human again. Although initially weakened, Jack quickly regained control of his powers and assessed the situation. Using his powers, Jack destroyed the zombies and saved Harper's life after she became infected with the zombie virus. Afterwards, the two shared a romantic kiss

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gynovore posted:

I think Rockslide would just be starstruck and stuttering the whole time.

Which would be great, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I think Rockslide would just be starstruck and stuttering the whole time.

Which would be great, yeah.

"Mr The Thing.... Sir... um or d'you prefer Mr Grimm? Never mind, I'll shut up."

• Locked thread