Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Probably the best Kyoon post in a decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Manac0r posted:

Getting a Wii-U next week and wanted to pick up both of those games but ebay and amazon are asking re-dunkulous prices. Checked out my local stores and no copies about.

Also Tetris Puyo Puyo is like digital crack. Some great puzzle modes. I haven't played since the gameboy and enjoying my purchase.

Do you live in the USA? Go to a GameStop and ask them to order you a copy. It'll run about $60 for Xenoblade but they can literally have it shipped from another state with no shipping charge. I got my copy of Shin Megami Tensai Raidou 1 for $15 from two states away doing that. Whether it'll have the case/directions is in the air. My game had both but you know how that goes with Gamestops.

Unrelated: Ground Zeros for $8 is a probuy right? I've played MGS 1-4 but not any of the PSP games so will I miss something?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I only played a little bit of the first Dragon Age and never touched the second one.

So will I be able to jump into DA:I without issue, or will I be lost, plot wise?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
GZ is a direct sequel to Peacewalker but all you need to know is after 3 Big Boss set up a mercenary army in central America and befriended two child soldiers (his rescue targets in GZ.)

Edit: you'll miss some references but you can start with Inquisition

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 6, 2015

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I only played a little bit of the first Dragon Age and never touched the second one.

So will I be able to jump into DA:I without issue, or will I be lost, plot wise?

Varric as a character is basically there so you can go "Hey Varric, I heard you were involved in some crazy stuff, tell me a story about that" and Varric will be all "Okay, here's what went down in Dragon Age 2 depending on the choices you picked".

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Handsome Ralph posted:

I went through their "Keep" thing which is how they import your choices from the past games, and it gives you a pretty quick runthrough of the plots of the two games and also gives you the option to edit the choices which will help create your Inquisition world.

https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

Fairly neat, and gives you the background of whatever the setting is of DA:I.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Pleads posted:

I went through their "Keep" thing which is how they import your choices from the past games, and it gives you a pretty quick runthrough of the plots of the two games and also gives you the option to edit the choices which will help create your Inquisition world.

https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

Fairly neat, and gives you the background of whatever the setting is of DA:I.

Any idea what the password requirements for the keep are? My origin pass won't let me through (I've had this problem with bf battlelog and every other EA separate site login poo poo except i can't change it to something it will accept on the keep site)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
For those who care, Transistor is a <15 hour platinum if you don't suck.

It's also thoroughly enjoyable and the real time/tactics blend was done almost perfectly.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

bloodychill posted:

It's also thoroughly enjoyable and the real time/tactics blend was done almost perfectly.

Gorgeous art and music too.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Transistor has the best sound design I think I've ever heard

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

bloodychill posted:

Anything tricky I need to watch out for? Infamous first light was a great platinum to do.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

If you don't play Transistor with the controller speaker on you should have your ps4 taken away

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

talking trophies: rogue legacy is hard and i will never get the beat it in less than 20 deaths trophy

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Handsome Ralph posted:

I played the first one for like an hour and never touched the second one, ;beat DA:I and enjoyed it 100%

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

bloodychill posted:

I enjoyed the hell out of it by simply playing and finishing it and not jumping through retarded hoops to get a super special trophy that doesn't mean anything.

Play it that way. Enjoy your (limited) gaming time FFS.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Super Stardust Ultra comes out next Tuesday. Goodbye to Resogun for a while.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

spudsbuckley posted:

I enjoyed the hell out of it by simply playing and finishing it and not jumping through retarded hoops to get a super special trophy that doesn't mean anything.

It's my only platinum because I enjoyed the game so much that I got it while naturally playing and doing all the optional challenges.

Ineffiable posted:

Anything tricky I need to watch out for? Infamous first light was a great platinum to do.

The big things are:

1. Experiment with mixing functions. Give every function a try. Some of the most effective and fun combinations weren't immediately obvious.
2. Don't use limiters until you have a feel for everything or if you feel it's just too easy. Some of the limiters are obviously more difficult than others.
3. To platinum, you have to beat the game twice, which might sound annoying except the second game is a new game plus, so you keep all your overpowered crap and can have fun doing more experimenting while also seeing the story in a different light. It's also going to go way quicker.
4. Unless you're really, really enjoying the game even after beating it twice, there's no reason to play through it a third time. There were rumors that you could get more content but you don't.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 6, 2015

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

Some people enjoy getting plats.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nail Rat posted:

Super Stardust Ultra comes out next Tuesday. Goodbye to Resogun for a while.

Yesssssssss

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Herr Direktor posted:

Some people enjoy getting plats.

These people are garbage assholes.

I love that the Wii U has no achievements and shite, wish i could completely disable any reference to them on my PS4/Steam.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

You can disable trophy notifications, right?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Attitude Indicator posted:

You can disable trophy notifications, right?

whoever made them pop up over cutscenes as standard should be shot

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Is there a way to remove the "controller is turned off" notification during movies? I hate seeing and hearing it.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Crows Turn Off posted:

Is there a way to remove the "controller is turned off" notification during movies? I hate seeing and hearing it.

Not an ideal solution, but why don't you just turn it off right after you start the movie (or don't have the controller turn off at all. I dunno how concerned you are about battery life)?

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Crows Turn Off posted:

Turn the controller off once you start the movie? :shrug:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
If you can plug it into a USB power source I think it will just remain on as well. Probably a good time to charge it up if you plan on playing games later.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

whoever made them pop up over cutscenes as standard should be shot

David Cage's games (Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls) only have the trophy notification pop up after a cutscene has finished. Hopefully the ability to unlock a trophy but delay the notification is possible in any PS4 game.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

That loving Sned posted:

David Cage's games (Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls) only have the trophy notification pop up after a cutscene has finished. Hopefully the ability to unlock a trophy but delay the notification is possible in any PS4 game.

It just takes a tiny bit of effort and thoughtfulness from the developer. Most of Grim Fandango's Trophies are based on dialogue choices, but it usually happily waits till the whole conversation is over before popping.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Does the ps4 have a tv-remote-like controller, like the ps3 does?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

redreader posted:

Does the ps4 have a tv-remote-like controller, like the ps3 does?

Nope. Currently we rely on HDMI-CEC for that if your TV (and other devices in your A/V chain) supports it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The PS3's bluetooth remote doesn't work for the PS4?

edit: I mean, I use HDMI control too, but I was curious.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Samurai Sanders posted:

Unfortunately no.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

spudsbuckley posted:

I love that the Wii U has no achievements and shite, wish i could completely disable any reference to them on my PS4/Steam.

Sorry we're all better at videogames than you.

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

Samurai Sanders posted:

It doesnt currently no but they could easily patch support in.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

spudsbuckley posted:

Transistor actually has nicely thought out achievements that aren't just "finish level one/two/three". They're fun little challenges.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

Sorry we're all better at videogames than you.

And for that you shall be awarded a trophy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

spudsbuckley posted:

Each video game achievement symbolizes something you didn't achieve irl.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mycot posted:

Transistor actually has nicely thought out achievements that aren't just "finish level one/two/three". They're fun little challenges.

they have ones for mandatory story stuff too. You get one when you get the motorcycle. (huge penis move by the devs putting the bike in the game but not letting you have turn based road rage style bike fights)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

goferchan posted:

Yesssssssss

What he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Real hurthling! posted:

they have ones for mandatory story stuff too. You get one when you get the motorcycle. (huge penis move by the devs putting the bike in the game but not letting you have turn based road rage style bike fights)

Transistor 2: Road Warrior

• Locked thread