Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Beef Waifu posted:

I bought a deck today, help

don't worry it's not like you did like me and stared at a Noble Knights box set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Beef Waifu posted:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
yugioh has infested every part of my body

it is eating away at my soul

help

help

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

yugioh has infested every part of my body

it is eating away at my soul

help

help

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

At least you don't have a giant card box yet.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will... oh no... it's happening. I'm 12 again.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Beef Waifu posted:

Hope it was Hero's Strike.

And see it like this, at least you didn't bought 4 Noble Knights box sets (one of them in spanish) for collectionist purposes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was Saga of the Blue Eyes because I am in love with Seto Kaiba.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Hope it was Hero's Strike.

And see it like this, at least you didn't bought 4 Noble Knights box sets (one of them in spanish) for collectionist purposes.

why did you need 4? did the spanish one come with a new one. Also how's that spot of a non-platinum Brothers feeling in your deck?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Beef Waifu posted:

It was Saga of the Blue Eyes because I am in love with Seto Kaiba.

Oh that is pretty good too.

Onmi posted:

why did you need 4? did the spanish one come with a new one. Also how's that spot of a non-platinum Brothers feeling in your deck?

I wanted a full playset of Merlin, Last Chapter and Bedwyr plus an extra copy of each for my collection binder.

I've had the deck since LOTGY so I only changed the commons for the Plats, and added a spanish platinum knight for those I run on multiples. So I didn't have an issue with my secret rare brothers.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I wanted a full playset of Merlin, Last Chapter and Bedwyr plus an extra copy of each for my collection binder.

I've had the deck since LOTGY so I only changed the commons for the Plats, and added a spanish platinum knight for those I run on multiples. So I didn't have an issue with my secret rare brothers.

Did you at least play with the deck? The amounts that you keep spending on all sorts of collectors items will never seize to amaze me.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Xoidanor posted:

Did you at least play with the deck? The amounts that you keep spending on all sorts of collectors items will never seize to amaze me.

Well, I haven't used other deck since I built it more than a year ago.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I just play NKs online, I haven't collected cards since... Power of the Duelist? is that the one with Ultimate Tyranno?

I was super tempted by the NK box though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

joey vs merrick ended in the most bullshit way possible.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Joey's the most loving legit and skilled character there is, don't let the filler after Yugi vs Kaiba fool you.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Joey is the best character from the original series, and probably the entire franchise.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best character is jack atlas

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jack used his own supergods to fight off some badsupergods, Joey took a punch in the face from the loving Sun and stood there with Gierfred.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
That's still the most bullshit finish ever.

"GEARFRIED, ATTACK!"

*faints right before hologram can land the blow*

"JOEY IS DISQUALIFIED!"

Like come on, he called the attack. Do you really have to wait for the pretty special effects to finish?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

"GEARFRIED, ATTACK!"

"JOEY IS DISQUALIFIED!"

Like come on, he called the attack. Do you really have to wait for the pretty special effects to finish?

They were in the shadow realm. I'm afraid they weren't holograms.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

"GEARFRIED, ATTACK!"

"JOEY IS DISQUALIFIED!"

You just know Kaiba was the one to make that call.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Let it sink in for a moment. Joey had no God cards, he didn't have Fiends Sanctuary. With those two cards Yugi was suspected to have a 20ish percent chance of beating Marik. AND he had the power to Destiny Draw. Joey though being an absolutely normal guy with a normal deck almost beat Marik. No he in fact DID beat Marik and only lost because he physically fell unconcious at the last second.

Joey is the best duelist in the original series.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Joey also beat Yugi after Battle City to get his Red-Eyes back. So he is scientifically proven to be the best duelist. :colbert:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Joey is pretty awesome, and that rear end in a top hat that forced him to wear a dog costume because he lost at his bullshit dice game is far more evil than Marik.

You know, I was thinking about Serena from Arc-V, and I noticed that we spent a whole episode dealing with nothing but her (and Reiji's) backstory. Could it be that we're going to get TWO active, decently developped female characters.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

Joey is pretty awesome, and that rear end in a top hat that forced him to wear a dog costume because he lost at his bullshit dice game is far more evil than Marik.

You know, I was thinking about Serena from Arc-V, and I noticed that we spent a whole episode dealing with nothing but her (and Reiji's) backstory. Could it be that we're going to get TWO active, decently developped female characters.

Technically? She's Fuzu do alternate dimension version of you count? But hey Yuzu has plot relevance and her own series of alternate dimension clones!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Joey also beat Yugi after Battle City to get his Red-Eyes back. So he is scientifically proven to be the best duelist. :colbert:

Joey had some serious bullshit luck-skill, though. (Though, you could probably say that about all the main characters from all the YGO series.) Those dice cards popped up way too often in his favor. And the way Angel's Dice and Demon's Dice worked in the anime was broken as gently caress. (Though, I think Angel's Dice has a <=500atk restriction on it.)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Onmi posted:

Let it sink in for a moment. Joey had no God cards, he didn't have Fiends Sanctuary. With those two cards Yugi was suspected to have a 20ish percent chance of beating Marik. AND he had the power to Destiny Draw. Joey though being an absolutely normal guy with a normal deck almost beat Marik. No he in fact DID beat Marik and only lost because he physically fell unconcious at the last second.

Joey is the best duelist in the original series.

marik wasn't even playing to win the actual card game, the only reason he had ra attack was to knock joey unconscious.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AlternateNu posted:

Joey had some serious bullshit luck-skill, though. (Though, you could probably say that about all the main characters from all the YGO series.) Those dice cards popped up way too often in his favor. And the way Angel's Dice and Demon's Dice worked in the anime was broken as gently caress. (Though, I think Angel's Dice has a <=500atk restriction on it.)

He fought regularly against guys that could will their next draw, used literal gods or had the strongest arsenal on the game. He needed to even the odds.

Plus, there were times when he was boned by his luck.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Joey's a Krillin in a world of Gokus.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

Nah, he lost to Duke in a regular card game. It's Yugi who had to play the dice one.

And Joey did agree to Duke's conditions in the first place, so it's kind of his own fault for being cocky.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Beef Waifu posted:

I played YGO exactly once because I wanted ot see what the game was like.

The answer is "not very good"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Joey's the most loving legit and skilled character there is, don't let the filler after Yugi vs Kaiba fool you.

idiota!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

:getout:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He's right, you know.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

mind crush this man

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

He's right, you know.

:getout:

Alternatively, :getin:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Should I go dub or sub with GX? According to wikipedia they didn't dub season 4, but does that mean I miss out on a wonderful translation if I stick with the sub all the way?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Pyrotoad posted:

Should I go dub or sub with GX? According to wikipedia they didn't dub season 4, but does that mean I miss out on a wonderful translation if I stick with the sub all the way?

Dub. Dub. Dub. Dub. Dub.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Stick with the dub so the sudden switch to subs at season 4 will be hilariously jarring.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
CHILLIN' OUT WITH THE CREW IN THE SCHOOL YARD~

Dub it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I don't know how 4Kids got the opening so right when they dubbed Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh, but managed to gently caress up a bunch of their other shows' openings (One Piece, Tokyo Mew Mew) so badly.