Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

a cartoon duck posted:

i am glad someone finally understands this

But who would win at video games, Arale or Saitama?

e: good lord I started off a page with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rudoku posted:

So you want to recreate Onio?

Yes. Then get all my moves from Burter and Teen Gohan and other speedy, floppy chars.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

But who would win at video games, Arale or Saitama?

e: good lord I started off a page with this

Luckyman. I said this before. :colbert:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

projecthalaxy posted:

Yes. Then get all my moves from Burter and Teen Gohan and other speedy, floppy chars.

Is there a vegetable pun that can be mixed with Big Van Vader? Because that's my first thought when I hear big flippy guy.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

StrifeHira posted:

Also wow, I can't look at the new page of DBM without thinking Goku's about to say "Imma deck you in the schnozz. Again."

Thanks a lot, now I can't unsee this.

Universe 18 is the canon DBZ storyline, right?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Bee posted:

Is there a vegetable pun that can be mixed with Big Van Vader? Because that's my first thought when I hear big flippy guy.

Big Van Vegger.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 6, 2015

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
All of the Ginyu Force poses are available at the start of the game. This makes me very happy.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Out of all the ridiculous poo poo that happens in Dragonball, the constant blowing up of the moon is really what bugs me the most. What'd the moon ever do to you assholes? That's where Clefairys come from...:(

Look Boss Rabbit was a real rear end in a top hat and they had to make double sure he was dead as poo poo.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Man after all this, for Xenoverse I really hope there is an outfit that can let me dress like Superman :getin:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

Man after all this, for Xenoverse I really hope there is an outfit that can let me dress like Superman :getin:

I'm 100% sure Goku's gi will be available.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Thanks a lot, now I can't unsee this.

Universe 18 is the canon DBZ storyline, right?

Pretty sure, yeah.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You can survive in space for a few moments.

gently caress all of the comments on that site, they're really awful.

I don't think the power pole was going 16000 Miles Per Second. (nearly One Tenth the speed of light)

Kild fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 7, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Frieza is going to beat Goku in DBM, isn't he?

Also, are there different types of swords or just straight-blade Trunks-style swords? A Namekian with a scimitar-type sword would be amazingly badass.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, even if you can only copy the characters in the game, Dabur-

Oh, poo poo, right.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

New Leaf posted:

Frieza will have some time warp fuckery powers like XXI. Goku will still win, but Vegeta will be technically correct that the fight will only last two seconds.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

my cat is norris posted:

Can someone link our Xenoverse Steam group, please?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HerculesHeroes

You can just ask for an invite from anyone in the group, it doesn't have to be me that invites you.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Also, are there different types of swords or just straight-blade Trunks-style swords? A Namekian with a scimitar-type sword would be amazingly badass.

Yamcha's sword and a katana can also be equipped but I think they may just be cosmetic.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

New Leaf posted:

I saw a Scimitar in a few PS4 streams. I think its Yamcha's Sword. Theres also the Dog from Dragon Ball's sword. Z sword is also probably available. Not sure if they're a part of your attack chain though.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Zzulu posted:

This was a top Vegeta moment in all of DBZ :allears:

I used to be more attached to Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3 before I read the youtube comments on this video. God drat it gently caress off you ultra nerds, if Toriyama wants to say ascending forms of Super Saiyan aren't the be all end all anymore than deal with it :argh:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Super Saiyan 3 looks completely ridiculous. I'd be fine if they never show it again.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Super Saiyan 3 felt like the most useless transformation of them all, Did Goku or Gotenks ever accomplish anything other than wasting time with it?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Super Saiyan 3 being extremely impractical was my favorite thing about it. Goku could very well have used it and instantly won against Vegeta, for example, but it's also possible he would've drained his time and popped back into otherworld before he could finish it, or depower and be completely out of stamina like their first fight.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Super Saiyan 3 looks completely ridiculous. It owns and should be used forever.

SSJ3 is basically a Saiyan's body going "OK, you want to transform again? Fine, don't blame me if things get loving crazy." Goku just screamed at his body until it gave him what he wanted.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Rhonne posted:

Super Saiyan 3 felt like the most useless transformation of them all, Did Goku or Gotenks ever accomplish anything other than wasting time with it?

He hosed up Janenba pretty good.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

In It For The Tank posted:

SSJ3 is basically a Saiyan's body going "OK, you want to transform again? Fine, don't blame me if things get loving crazy." Goku just screamed at his body until it gave him what he wanted.

Right here. This guy gets it!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Rhonne posted:

Super Saiyan 3 felt like the most useless transformation of them all

That was the joke. :v:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Looking at Death Battle Kirby apparently wins over Majin Buu. I know Goku and Superman got a ton of flak, I wonder how much that one got.

Caros
May 14, 2008

bobjr posted:

Looking at Death Battle Kirby apparently wins over Majin Buu. I know Goku and Superman got a ton of flak, I wonder how much that one got.

I called such bullshit on that, if only because it should have ended with Buu absorbing Kirby if he couldn't (for some bullshit reason) completely destroy him.

In It For The Tank posted:

I want to see that guy with the kickass Arcosian post explain the various Super Saiyan forms now.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bobjr posted:

I'm fine with it, with the evidence presented. It ignores that Kirby is a lot more cartoonish, though. It's like saying "Well, Mega Man couldn't beat Bugs Bunny, because an anvil crushed Bugs flat and he was totally fine."

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Have you guys actually seen the poo poo Kirby is capable of pulling off?

Caros
May 14, 2008

WickedHate posted:

I'm fine with it, with the evidence presented. It ignores that Kirby is a lot more cartoonish, though. It's like saying "Well, Mega Man couldn't beat Bugs Bunny, because an anvil crushed Bugs flat and he was totally fine."

It also really bugs me how they tend to only use the highest feats of strength while ignoring the low end. This also applies to superman to a lesser extent, but there are a lot of examples in Kirby materials of him just getting wrecked by things that Majin Buu wouldn't even flinch at. I understand not using the games since damage in them is a mechanic, but there were episodes of Kirby's show where he gets injured or knocked out by comparatively minor poo poo.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Rudoku posted:

They used GT Goku. The same GT Goku that sees a robot from hell absorb his attacks, then decides to shoot more ki attacks.

I've figured it out! We just need to hit them really, really hard.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Caros posted:

I want to see that guy with the kickass Arcosian post explain the various Super Saiyan forms now.

With the release of Battle of Gods and Toriyama's new stance on transformations I've had to revise my position on the Super Saiyan quite a bit.

The Super Saiyan is nothing more than a power up, much like the kaio-ken. Except genetically exclusive. A racial ability just like the Arcosian's mutation. In this it is nothing special in and of itself, as many races in Dragonball have bloodline abilities that only their species can use. What makes the Super Saiyan special however is its versatility and the often forgotten secondary racial ability of Oozarhu transformation. And little known to a lot of fans, the Oozarhu form was established in Perfect Files as the "true" form of a Saiyan. Much like how royal Arcosians mutate backwards to contain their mighty power, Saiyans also transformed from monsters into humans to contain their fierce and destructive instincts. But such might is impossible to contain completely, and an overdose of blutz rays will "break the seal" so to speak. This need to find balance between beast and man will be important later.

SSj1 is the most versatile of the SSj forms, with enough training it can tap into the power and speed of forms "above" it once these forms have been achieved. It can also be converted into a permanent powerup without the need to activate it, as we see during the Cell Games. SSj is the keystone of the Saiyan's transformative abilities. SSj2 is exactly as it sounds, a second tier of power, and nothing more. In many respects SSj2 is merely a pumped up version of SSj1, much akin to the Ultra Super Saiyan forms, but with decreased muscle mass to allow for more speed and finesse. The importance of speed and finesse will also be important later.

Where things get interesting is in Super Saiyan 3. In this form we see the first signs of a Saiyan tapping into their more beastly Oozarhu form for an extra boost in power. The SSj3 is a Super Saiyan allowing a small amount of their suppressed violent nature to leak out into the transformation. The result is an ape-like brow ridge and the hair of a wild man. An SSj3 is one step closer to the true form of their people. It is here that we first see the Saiyan truly begin to transform. The Golden Oozharu is the flipside of this. Instead of being a Super Saiyan tapping into the Oozharu, you are an Oozharu tapping into the Super Saiyan. However, the Golden Oozharu is actually the more important of these two forms, which we will get to in a moment.

The downside to most transformations however are many. Ooozarhu have trouble controlling themselves and often lose all sense of who they are, they are also large and unwieldy. The Super Saiyan places great strain on the body and can be difficult to balance properly so that one does not end up too large and bulky to fight efficiently. So how might one find the best of both worlds?

Enter the Super Saiyan 4.

An SSj4 is a Saiyan who has mastered the Oozharu so thoroughly that they no longer lose themselves to primal instinct while using it. That Saiyan may then stack the Super Saiyan on top of their monstrous form, multiplying their power even further. But there's still the problem of fighting efficiency! A Golden Oozharu is large, slow, bulky, and lacks enough fine control to fight well against a smaller opponent. The answer to this is to come full circle and once again pull within themselves the Oozharu, compact it into a human body, while keeping the Super Saiyan powerup. The resulted form is a beastly man with all the trappings of an Oozharu and Super Saiyan, but contained within a usable, fast, body with fine motor control and guyliner. A Super Saiyan 4 is a Saiyan achieving the 100% full transformative potential of his people.

In short, a Saiyan only truly has two transformations. Super Saiyan and Oozharu. SSj1, the Ultra forms, and SSj2 are all the same form with SSj"2" just SSj1 maximized in potential. SSj3 and 4 are when a Saiyan mixes varying amounts of their true Oozharu form with the Super Saiyan powerup. And once fully tapped out in potential, all power is accessible by the original Super Saiyan form without need of ascension or transformation.

SSj God is a whole 'nother thing entirely and not exclusive to Saiyans in any way and actually unrelated to the Super Saiyan except for its need of great power to achieve, which Super Saiyan provides. Its non-exclusivity to Saiyans will be evidenced in Revival of F when Freeza most assuredly gets his own God powerup.

Esroc fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Feb 7, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
loving... what?

Look all I know is apparently SSJ3 is never going to appear again which you know, so loving what, what did it ever do? besides steal everyones eyebrows?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to a generation that grew up on DBZ, even in acting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all ssjs besides 1 were lame

also all ssjs besides goku were lame. it should have just been his thing, and you could still write the rest of the story the exactly the same because there's never a point where he isn't way stronger than every other saiyan

heck, gohan could still do it when 16 dies, too. you could say it's in the blood.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gohan should have been the only SSj2. The child has surpassed his father and claimed his mantle of Defender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It shouldn't have been called SSJ2, it should have just been called "Gohan gets really loving mad".

• Locked thread