Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Pinwiz11 posted:

I just finished the Xmas episode of ToQ. OH HOLY gently caress.

I'm liking this weird new trend since Go-Busters where poo poo gets real during the Christmas episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
I think they've been doing the "poo poo gets real in time for Christmas" for a while now.

Kyoryu had Endolf coming back in the Christmas episodes
Gokaiger had the final great power unlocked around Christmas
Goseiger had the final fight with Robogog around then
Shinkenger had the final fight with Akumaro in the Christmas episodes

Akibaranger pointed out they do episodes like that to have a big mecha fight and boost toy sales around Christmas.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

They've bumped everything off a week

Yay they didn't pull a Decade on poor TQG :buddy:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Go-Onger's christmas episode was the only time they had a fight with all four 3-part robots instead of just having them combine into the hideous 12-part clusterfuck..

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Go-Onger's christmas episode was the only time they had a fight with all four 3-part robots instead of just having them combine into the hideous 12-part clusterfuck..

Legitimately that thing must look terrible in toys because the actual suit is nowhere near the way the combination looks. Because of the way the combination works it would basically be flat in a lot of places, but there's clearly added bulk in the suit to avoid that because it would look like poo poo. I have no idea how the toy can combine with the others and not look like poo poo.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

Legitimately that thing must look terrible in toys because the actual suit is nowhere near the way the combination looks. Because of the way the combination works it would basically be flat in a lot of places, but there's clearly added bulk in the suit to avoid that because it would look like poo poo. I have no idea how the toy can combine with the others and not look like poo poo.

Nah it looks amazing.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Nah it looks amazing.

drat that does look pretty good.

Also I was thinking of ToQger's suit.

Whatever.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Ahahaha, I love the whale tail just hanging out there.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
My favorite part is they didn't know what to do with Birca and Gunpherd so they just kinda went "I dunno stick them on the legs or something."

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

My favorite part is they didn't know what to do with Birca and Gunpherd so they just kinda went "I dunno stick them on the legs or something."

Birca can't even do the spinny thing there. :(

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Some Numbers posted:

Ahahaha, I love the whale tail just hanging out there.

It's symmetrical and there's jet thrusters molded into the backside. Not pictured: The 3 or 4 inches the top wings extend backwards preventing you from keeping it away from the edge of most shelves.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

The same could be said for Triptor and Jetras on the shoulders as well.

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011
So, we already have Ninninger Sixth Ranger scans and OH MY GOD HE'S A COWBOY AND TRANSFORMS WITH A BURGER THIS IS GREAT!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Oh my god just take my money. You have more than made up for this train nonsense in every way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

OH MY GOD HIS SWORD IS A GUITAR. HE'S ZUBAT!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ninninger hasn't even aired yet and I already love everything about this series, which seems like a good sign to me. ToQger can't end fast enough (I will admit it has grown on me a bit as the series progressed but unlike the previous 3 seasons where I was hooked from the first episode, ToQger was a bit of a slog at first but got better around the time Zed and Akira started to show up).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 6, 2015

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I feel so proud right now. :911:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Goddamn that loving owns.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ahahaha, that loving owns.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
A burger guitar ninja cowboy! We've reached peak Super Sentai. It could never top this awesomeness.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
the burger and cheese is a fuckin sheriff badge holy poo poo

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Light Gun Man posted:

the burger and cheese is a fuckin sheriff badge holy poo poo

So is his visor.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Power Rangers version will probably be a sight to behold.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I hope his catchphrase is "Don't Mess With Texas"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I hope he's the sentai equivalent of Jack King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nujP0ghAoho

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXIyJcDuKJ8

Kamen Rider Sangou!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Stallion Cabana posted:

drat that does look pretty good.

Also I was thinking of ToQger's suit.

Whatever.

I have to admit, thats the first thing I too thought of when I saw the trains riding onto the body of the robot and then the actual robot looking nothing like it.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'm gonna keep saying it Jiraya/NinjaBlack until he isn't. They're both cowboys! They're both clearly American! That'd be so loving dope.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I hope Starninja is played by the whitest guy, like Shinken Brown.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Waffleman_ posted:

I hope Starninja is played by the whitest guy, like Ramirez.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Here are some looks at a new aux mecha and the 6th ranger mecha plus the combined 6 part Megazord (which looks horrible in my opinion)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
God, this is really going to be a "gaudy mecha" season, isn't it? I didn't think we'd have another one so soon after Goseiger.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Whoa hey let's not just gloss over the fact that the 6th mecha is a goddamn Headmaster.

Plus the combined form is more or less proportional and not some superwide nonsense again.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

SpazmasterX posted:

Whoa hey let's not just gloss over the fact that the 6th mecha is a goddamn Headmaster.

Plus the combined form is more or less proportional and not some superwide nonsense again.

no, just super tall, you can see the arm ports of the previous formation under where the arms are connected. so the new shoulders sit where the head use to be and now the head is now two of the shurikens stacked up. Plus he now has Platform shoes.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

mateo360 posted:

no, just super tall, you can see the arm ports of the previous formation under where the arms are connected. so the new shoulders sit where the head use to be and now the head is now two of the shurikens stacked up. Plus he now has Platform shoes.

Right, but the attached hands reach down to the waist. And platform shoes are nothing new to super robots.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Ninninger looks so much more imaginative then a series whose all thing was IMAGINATION.

That aux mecha is a goddamn weird as ship thing that turns into the silver surfer holy gently caress this series is gonna own.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
I am just loving the little dude sitting in the torso of that giant robot.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

V-Men posted:

I am just loving the little dude sitting in the torso of that giant robot.
Adding to it is the cockpit:

:allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That looks like it belongs in Shinkenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Perigryn posted:

Adding to it is the cockpit:

:allears:

That looks like it's from some sort of Japanese variety show

• Locked thread