Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Not sure if this has been posted before but everyone needs to watch this in preparation for Slade's return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWfd0boBMGM&t=76s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Every time Roy gets an action scene I think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gPQH7LJtsA

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Roy hasn't done much parkour lately and has been more effective. Glad to see that! I hope he doesn't get shuffled off to the void again with Ollie back.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Haha Amell.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=801507479934521

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:vince:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Seriously, why haven't they gotten him on Raw yet?
(He posted a picture of himself with Daniel Bryan and Brie not too long ago, too.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't give a poo poo if Felicity is right or not, because she's boring and doesn't do anything but sit at a fake computer screen while I want to see Oliver and Merlyn fight Ra's together.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Sometimes she gets a bomb strapped to her by a guy who looks like Bashir from DS9

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ollie should have shown her the huge stab wound so she realised how badly he got beaten

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

imperialparadox posted:

Personally, on the episode where Merlyn walked into the Arrowcave and Diggle pulled the two guns on him, it would have been awesome if Diggle would have just started firing at Malcolm Merlyn, Mass Murder Who Just Infilitrated Our Base. Even if Merlyn got away (which is fine, because Barrowman rocks), it would have felt better, because Merlyn is one of the biggest enemies of the city, a terrorist, an all-around horrible guy.

Everything they're doing with Merlyn is everything they're doing with Deathstroke except back then they usually did the smart thing

Even down to the "Oh poo poo the bad guy put a surveillance camera in our secret hideout." That was a big deal when Slade did it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I can sort of understand everything they are doing as its all about protecting Thea. If the league did not have a huge rear end target on her then this would not even be an issue. Family makes you do stupid things.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

I can sort of understand everything they are doing as its all about protecting Thea. If the league did not have a huge rear end target on her then this would not even be an issue. Family makes you do stupid things.

Ok the "doing this really dumb stuff to protect Thea" thing would work except Ras doesn't know about Thea and while Merlyn said something about having his contacts spread the word if he dies or something (he did say something like that right?) but in the last episode he said he's not been in contact with them since his "death".

To be honest I always assumed Ras didn't give a poo poo about Sara, didn't he even say something to that effect when he found out she was dead, "She never was truly one of us" I think? Then they just take Merlyn at his word that Ras will come after Thea as well as Merlyn despite that he used mind controlling drugs to make her kill Sara? I dunno, just makes them look like credulous idiots and makes Ras look really inconsistent and stupid (he's also very bad at stabbing people I guess so that makes sense).

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 6, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

Ok the "doing this really dumb stuff to protect Thea" thing would work except Ras doesn't know about Thea and while Merlyn said something about having his contacts spread the word if he dies or something (he did say something like that right?) but in the last episode he said he's not been in contact with them since his "death".

He does not know yet, and that was the whole reason he went and tried to kill Ras. There is also the fact that Thea is his daughter and they are pissed at him for going against their orders.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 6, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

More than one set of contacts.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I love how Felicity is the xXx_pr0-HAX0r_xXx and yet doesn't know Merlyn bugged their whole system. Even when he shows up IMMEDIATELY after they figured out Brick killed Merlyn's wife.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

More than one set of contacts.

Or more accurately, his list of contacts now he's 'dead' is much shorter than it was when he was a living billionaire tycoon.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Jose posted:

Ollie should have shown her the huge stab wound so she realised how badly he got beaten

Ollie's abs talk him out of a problem, yet again.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
The best thing about this episode was that a lot of smaller things are coming together and it feels like it's not just about the Arrow anymore. Like Brick says, "How many of you drat costumes are there?" :wink:

They show Canary and Arsenal out and about, people responding to them, Lance joking that Arsenal is a dopey name, it's great.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Boru posted:

I love how Felicity is the xXx_pr0-HAX0r_xXx and yet doesn't know Merlyn bugged their whole system. Even when he shows up IMMEDIATELY after they figured out Brick killed Merlyn's wife.

I actually thought this was a trick to sick Merlyn on Brick because how could Merlyn have hacked Felicities webcam and she not know. Has Merlyn ever even shown any skills at computers?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WarLocke posted:

The best thing about this episode was that a lot of smaller things are coming together and it feels like it's not just about the Arrow anymore. Like Brick says, "How many of you drat costumes are there?" :wink:

They show Canary and Arsenal out and about, people responding to them, Lance joking that Arsenal is a dopey name, it's great.

Also the line You have not failed this city. Looks like Ollie is going to soon start to start helping the less fortunate and turning into the Ollie we all know and love.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

bobkatt013 posted:

Does anyone else see this playing out with Thea finding out the truth, owning it, bringing it to the league herself, and winning the duel? That seems to be where this whole plotline is eventually heading.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

EricFate posted:

Does anyone else see this playing out with Thea finding out the truth, owning it, bringing it to the league herself, and winning the duel? That seems to be where this whole plotline is eventually heading.

If Ollie couldn't beat Ras no way in hell could Thea, sorry.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah, I bet the scene would be badass, but no way should Thea ever surpass Ollie

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I could see her going to Ras admitting her role and then giving him Malcolm.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

AgentHaiTo posted:

I actually thought this was a trick to sick Merlyn on Brick because how could Merlyn have hacked Felicities webcam and she not know. Has Merlyn ever even shown any skills at computers?

It was probably just a thing the show did to make Merlyn look cool, even though it trivializes what Slade did and makes Felicity look pretty bad at her job.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Boru posted:

I thought that camera was actually a bug placed there on the monitor when Merlyn first snuck in.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

AgentHaiTo posted:

I'd laugh if it was hubris. Felicity was sure she was fine but oops The Magician :argh:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Ugh, maaan, they've announced a new Black Canary comic that looks like everything that Black Canary should be and it's just making me sad that Laurel will never be this Black Canary. Like, again, I like Laurel right now but she's simply Not That, she's just a completely different type of character, and it's to her detriment most of the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Their earlier announcement actually specifically mentioned it's something for Arrow fans, so I don't know.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I've been pretty irritated by the way the show has seemingly glossed over the fact Merlyn literally and gleefully murdered 500 people (and intended to kill many, many more), and characters going all "Woah I never thought of it that way" when somebody like Thea says,"Actually he was nice to me this one time" was pissing me off. I thought things had gone way too far over the top when Ollie shook his hand and Thea said,"Thanks for being cool about this" when the guy MURDERED 500 PEOPLE , so to have Felicity just straight up call Ollie out on this and completely refuse to accept Merlyn is the lesser of two evils or that they need to forgive and forget was like a breath of fresh air to me.

Yeah, this sums it up nicely. He's basically one of the worst mass murderers in history. That gets glossed over so much (it was Merlyn himself who brought it up during the confrontation with Ollie over Brick!) it's like the characters dislike him because he bullied them in high school or something.

:agreed:

Lycus posted:

Some of those guys had bats, man. What can the police do against that?

Maybe they were like the cops in Central City where they just closed off the street to watch a brawl :v:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:agreed:

Maybe they were like the cops in Central City where they just closed off the street to watch a brawl :v:

If I knew my comic book superheroes would show up to save the day, I sure as poo poo wouldn't be rolling in hot. I'd be sitting on a rooftop with a sack of Big Belly Burgers. 90% less chance of getting hurt, and I get a show with my dinner! :cop:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Warmachine posted:

If I knew my comic book superheroes would show up to save the day, I sure as poo poo wouldn't be rolling in hot. I'd be sitting on a rooftop with a sack of Big Belly Burgers. 90% less chance of getting hurt, and I get a show with my dinner! :cop:

I bet all the not poor people in Starling City where just on top of the apartment buildings on the edge of the Glades so they could have a good view of the show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

When that scene happened in the Flash, all I could think of was that South Park where the cops are watching Mysterion battling Professor Chaos (two 9 year old kids) and one of the cops draws his gun, and the Chief of Detectives puts his hand on it and says,"You think your bullets can hurt them? :rolleyes:"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Amell's hosting a Q&A at tomorrow's Fan Days at Dallas Comic-Con and I still have no idea what to ask him. Kinda feel like asking him "Will we ever find out the truth behind the "death and resurrection of Oliver" so I can post it here, but other than that, I can't think of anything else, besides asking him about bringing Ra's to TV, or what villain/hero he would like to have brought onto the show and who he would like to cast.

E: Behind the Scenes look at :tviv:BOXING GLOVE ARROW:tviv:
They had originally planned to have him shoot an arrow and skewer the glove mid-flight. They decided to go for the pose though, which was way better and more fluid.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 7, 2015

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

thebardyspoon posted:

Also, his entire threat is ridiculous. "Do this thing for me, or after my death, I'll offer up my only living heir to be murdered by an insane despot." He's pretty sociopathic, but even a sociopath would probably want their progeny to survive, if only out of narcissism.

If that's not a bluff, and he legitimately doesn't care if Thea lives or dies, what is the point of his entire plotline with her? He has at least as much invested in Thea surviving as Ollie does.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bad Moon posted:

Sometimes she gets a bomb strapped to her by a guy who looks like Bashir from DS9

You know, this made me realize the only time I've ever seen Alexander Siddig and James Callis together at the same time was that lovely Scheherazade miniseries from 15 years ago.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Xealot posted:

Also, his entire threat is ridiculous. "Do this thing for me, or after my death, I'll offer up my only living heir to be murdered by an insane despot." He's pretty sociopathic, but even a sociopath would probably want their progeny to survive, if only out of narcissism.

If that's not a bluff, and he legitimately doesn't care if Thea lives or dies, what is the point of his entire plotline with her? He has at least as much invested in Thea surviving as Ollie does.

If he wanted that why would he use her to kill the beloved of the daughter of the demon? He knows the only way to manipulate Ollie to do his work is to threaten his family.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 7, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Amell's hosting a Q&A at tomorrow's Fan Days at Dallas Comic-Con and I still have no idea what to ask him. Kinda feel like asking him "Will we ever find out the truth behind the "death and resurrection of Oliver" so I can post it here, but other than that, I can't think of anything else, besides asking him about bringing Ra's to TV, or what villain/hero he would like to have brought onto the show and who he would like to cast.

E: Behind the Scenes look at :tviv:BOXING GLOVE ARROW:tviv:
They had originally planned to have him shoot an arrow and skewer the glove mid-flight. They decided to go for the pose though, which was way better and more fluid.

Ask if Arrow or the Flash will ever get a Musical episode

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

bobkatt013 posted:

If he wanted that why would he use her to kill the beloved of the daughter of the demon? He knows the only way to manipulate Ollie is to his work is to threaten his family.

Oh, he used her to manipulate Ollie and is generally a douchebag. But I don't think he was honest about killing his own daughter to spite Oliver Queen. Seems like that'd be kind of a Pyrrhic victory for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Xealot posted:

Oh, he used her to manipulate Ollie and is generally a douchebag. But I don't think he was honest about killing his own daughter to spite Oliver Queen. Seems like that'd be kind of a Pyrrhic victory for him.

Then again he did kill his other kid.

• Locked thread