Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah that was a pretty good engage from Elements.

Edit: That wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The damage that Azir can put out is absolutely absurd. Fredy totally cleaned that fight up.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Rekkles such a wuss, he should have dashed, buckshot, auto'd into the baron pit like a man

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
That was very ambitious from shook.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

The damage that Azir can put out is absolutely absurd. Fredy totally cleaned that fight up.

He shouldnt have died to liss but he thought he could get the kill.

A man after my own heart.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That was a great engage by Svenskaren after that wasted Rengar ult.

This is a nice collapse from Elements.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

SK is getting spanked.

I was going to post "eh they havent really had a teamfight, has just been liss rengar assassinating them for most of this" but I have been disappointed before so I didn't bother.

then SK won a teamfight and took baron.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Ihki posted:

Wickd's is just a casual Negatron (as it should be), he just bought Rabadon's.

This redeems it somewhat, but even when building one it should've been on Wickd rather than on Froggen. Rumble spikes so much harder from flat pen than Lissandra does.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I kind of feel like Elements might have been able to pull that team fight off but they decided to just ditch Froggen.

Well, them trying too hard is what got them in this deficit in the first place.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

How many deaths does Forgiven have in this split?

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

GreyPowerVan posted:

How many deaths does Forgiven have in this split?

One.

SK doesn't really look like it has a weakness any EU team could perceivably exploit right now. drat.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Two words need be said about this game.

BY FAR.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

He's no Meteos.

One bad Rengar ult and Elements completely collapsed. Good for SK.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

SK looking really scary.

Ihki posted:

One.

SK doesn't really look like it has a weakness any EU team could perceivably exploit right now. drat.

Nrated isn't really a world class support & their warding could be better. I think Elements had a few good attempts at abusing SK's tendency to move into unwarded sections of the map brazenly, but yea adding Unforgiven & Fox to Sven & Freddy has really shored up the old SK's main weaknesses.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I want to see Froggen ditch the rest of El Alliance and join SK for some serious super team poo poo.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

I want to see Froggen ditch the rest of El Alliance and join SK for some serious super team poo poo.

This worked out perfectly for Rekkles

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

That would be a team I'd LOVE to see.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Savage Cracker posted:

Team Racist Assholes + Froggen would legit have no weaknesses if he could gel well. The Triple F (Forg1ven, Froggen, Fredy) could be counted on to win against any set of lanes.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i'm really glad SK got rid of 2 of the most boring players ever and got 2 massive lads in

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Alcatrash posted:

This worked out perfectly for Rekkles

Rekkles left a good team that had issues for another good team with issues. SK outside of subpar vision control doesn't look like they have any glaring weaknesses. Fox isn't bad but he's not as amazing as their other laners and jungle. SK with Froggen would murder all lanes in the west.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Transient People posted:

Team Racist Assholes + Froggen would legit have no weaknesses if he could gel well. The Triple F (Forg1ven, Froggen, Fredy) could be counted on to win against any set of lanes.

Froggen fucks up quite often too though. Every season he runs off on his own to farm while his team gets demolished. I still remember that one game where Froggen was on Kayle, and they were slowly clawing back their deficit by the power of Froggen, and then the idiot runs bot alone to farm and gets caught and the enemy team proceeds to rush their nexus.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

Froggen fucks up quite often too though. Every season he runs off on his own to farm while his team gets demolished. I still remember that one game where Froggen was on Kayle, and they were slowly clawing back their deficit by the power of Froggen, and then the idiot runs bot alone to farm and gets caught and the enemy team proceeds to rush their nexus.

With others to do the shotcalling (idiot herding) I'd assume that'd be much less of a problem.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
be on the lookout for forgiven's new mixtape

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Forgiven has so many deathless games this split and I demand that translate into more fantasy points for me.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jonny Angel posted:

Forgiven has so many deathless games this split and I demand that translate into more fantasy points for me.

http://eune.lolesports.com/eu-lcs/2015/spring/players/forg1vengre

64 KDA. This is getting stupid.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Was Forgiven racist or just a dick? I'm down with him being the new Best ADC in EU if he was just a jerk. :allears:

Edit: I'm just now getting to watch these games because I've been busy and holy gently caress Nidalee jungle looks more annoying than Nidalee bruiser top. gently caress this champion.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Just a dick? Don't remember him ever getting labeled as a racist. Svens got that side of the team covered.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Just a dick? Don't remember him ever getting labeled as a racist. Svens got that side of the team covered.

Yeah, Forg1ven is the rear end in a top hat part of Team Racist Assholes, except he's a really entertaining one because he can back up his talk. I'm pretty sure his current KDA is the highest anybody has ever attained at any pointin a competitive split, including Faker and the rest of Korea.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Transient People posted:

Yeah, Forg1ven is the rear end in a top hat part of Team Racist Assholes, except he's a really entertaining one because he can back up his talk. I'm pretty sure his current KDA is the highest anybody has ever attained at any pointin a competitive split, including Faker and the rest of Korea.

He's not the only rear end in a top hat - Fredy122's pretty notorious for being toxic in SoloQ as well. Meanwhile Nrated is like, almost at Alex Ich or Krepo levels of being a nice guy, so I guess he kind of balances it out a little?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

AdjectiveNoun posted:

He's not the only rear end in a top hat - Fredy122's pretty notorious for being toxic in SoloQ as well. Meanwhile Nrated is like, almost at Alex Ich or Krepo levels of being a nice guy, so I guess he kind of balances it out a little?

And honestly? If I gotta be fair, I don't mind Fredy and Forg1ven being assholes at all because it happens due to how hungry they are. These guys are the gold standards of their roles, so long as you aren't actually vile as a person you get to be as cocky as you want if you can back it up. You can see that it's mostly competitive drive off of how nice they are to their teammies after the game's done (like how Forgiven mentioned Fredy was totally unreal in the elements game and went above and beyond the call of duty).

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Transient People posted:

And honestly? If I gotta be fair, I don't mind Fredy and Forg1ven being assholes at all because it happens due to how hungry they are. These guys are the gold standards of their roles, so long as you aren't actually vile as a person you get to be as cocky as you want if you can back it up. You can see that it's mostly competitive drive off of how nice they are to their teammies after the game's done (like how Forgiven mentioned Fredy was totally unreal in the elements game and went above and beyond the call of duty).

Being assholes to random people online because they arent as good as you is still lovely even if you're hungry.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Being assholes to random people online because they arent as good as you is still lovely even if you're hungry.

Yeah, but it's understandable. Everybody in this thread's gotten snippy at somebody for being loving bad at some point. If they're lovely for it, we're all lovely too. :v:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

AdjectiveNoun posted:

A few years ago if I told you someone was as nice as Alex Ich that woulda meant dude is an rear end in a top hat.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Transient People posted:

Yeah, but it's understandable. Everybody in this thread's gotten snippy at somebody for being loving bad at some point. If they're lovely for it, we're all lovely too. :v:

Whoops, he wasn't banned but he was bad enough to get a $1000 fine from Riot.

Sometimes you have to accept that people who are good at the game are poo poo irl. Don't make excuses for him being poo poo.

And why not here's some bonus Svenskeren

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 7, 2015

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Transient People posted:

He was "among the most toxic players in League of Legends ever" (according to a Riot article promoting him) and was fined 1,000 dollars not for being toxic, but for repeatedly ignoring warnings to change and being a dick anyway. He is just absolutely next-level bm. Like, he really is (or at least was for a year) an incredibly lovely person.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

foutre posted:

He was "among the most toxic players in League of Legends ever" (according to a Riot article promoting him) and was fined 1,000 dollars not for being toxic, but for repeatedly ignoring warnings to change and being a dick anyway. He is just absolutely next-level bm. Like, he really is (or at least was for a year) an incredibly lovely person.

I was just about to come and post about this article. In fariness to him, he seems to acknowledge that he was an over the top dick:

Riot Games Article on Forgiven posted:

"Obviously, [the fine is] what should have happened," he said on his Ask.fm. "Although I disagree with players being role models, the hand that feeds me is Riot Games, and they create the rules so I respect them."

[...]

But they [the Copenhagen Wolves] still faced relegation at the end of the Spring Split [2014]. This was the end of the Wolves' roster as we knew it, and likely, as a result of his behavior, FORG1VENGRE was not offered a position on another LCS team. "To be truthful, I wouldn't [have] picked myself up."

And most reports now seem to indicate he's now more of a "I'm the best and I know it" kind of dude than a "gently caress you, you suck" kind of guy. Seems like he's gotten to a reasonable, if not necessarily perfect or ideal point, and with how phenomenal he and SK has looked (and how bad most of EU is otherwise) he probably deserves to be a little full of himself.

Edit: Especially since last year he was apparently the most toxic and most reported LCS player in the League, that's a pretty significant improvement.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

I was just about to come and post about this article. In fariness to him, he seems to acknowledge that he was an over the top dick:

And most reports now seem to indicate he's now more of a "I'm the best and I know it" kind of dude than a "gently caress you, you suck" kind of guy. Seems like he's gotten to a reasonable, if not necessarily perfect or ideal point, and with how phenomenal he and SK has looked (and how bad most of EU is otherwise) he probably deserves to be a little full of himself.

Edit: Especially since last year he was apparently the most toxic and most reported LCS player in the League, that's a pretty significant improvement.

Uhhh, actually what that says is "I don't believe I did anything wrong but Riot gets to make the rules and I should have obeyed them even if they're dumb" and "I know me breaking the rules made me a liability." There's basically nothing in there that translates to him feeling bad about his actual actions at all, just him realizing that he was shooting himself in the foot.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
I feel like people mellow out with age because teenagers are dumb as gently caress. Yeah it's pretty impressive to get to the top 0.1% of rear end in a top hat douches, especially in a game fueled by rear end in a top hat douches, but I feel like all these dudes who are like 17-20 and suddenly have a giant megaphone attached to their racist/bigoted/rear end in a top hat jokes will learn that it's not socially acceptable to poo poo all over people because it will bite you in the rear end, as it should. Some people like that XJ9 dude have legit mental health issues, but most of these guys will just calm the gently caress down and recognize how to communicate to other human beings without being a giant rear end in a top hat.

All of us in our 30's are like super loving thankful facebook wasn't around to capture all of the stupid and bigoted poo poo we said and did while being a dumb 17 year old. At least I am.

edit: p.s. this split is awesome so far and I'm finally nRated is getting the recognition he deserves as being the true leader and backbone of a real super team. or wait.

mushi fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 7, 2015

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Part of my rational brain knows that 100% of professional league of legends players are stupid children who will grow up one day, but the much louder part says I'm going to root for the stupid children who generally seem less bigoted and racist and very loudly against the ones that are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

mushi posted:

I feel like people mellow out with age because teenagers are dumb as gently caress. Yeah it's pretty impressive to get to the top 0.1% of rear end in a top hat douches, especially in a game fueled by rear end in a top hat douches, but I feel like all these dudes who are like 17-20 and suddenly have a giant megaphone attached to their racist/bigoted/rear end in a top hat jokes will learn that it's not socially acceptable to poo poo all over people because it will bite you in the rear end, as it should. Some people like that XJ9 dude have legit mental health issues, but most of these guys will just calm the gently caress down and recognize how to communicate to other human beings without being a giant rear end in a top hat.

All of us in our 30's are like super loving thankful facebook wasn't around to capture all of the stupid and bigoted poo poo we said and did while being a dumb 17 year old. At least I am.

edit: p.s. this split is awesome so far and I'm finally nRated is getting the recognition he deserves as being the true leader and backbone of a real super team. or wait.

That is true. When I started League TaipaChingChong was very nearly my username.

• Locked thread