Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
So here is a thing. In the 2nd Stolen Dreams stealth mission where you have to sneak into Greneer facility, there is a system of conveyors. One of them has loot lockers moving from a compartment to a furnace. And it's endless. I've popped about 40-50 until it got really boring. If you're a new player and need some materials, affinity and cash, this is where you want to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I think the most annoying part of the Void Trader is that you literally have to guess where the guy is if you don't want to go relay by relay trying to find where it is.

EDIT: HOLY poo poo DE. They removed the ability to press Enter to keep the chat tab open. You have to HOLD ENTER to keep it open while you type. :psyduck:

Azran fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 6, 2015

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Not quite true, at worse you'll go to the wrong relay once, check the Prime Parts to ducat terminal, sees which terminal he's at, because it tells you, then go there.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Oh really? Didn't knew that, thanks!

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Or you can just check Deathsnacks for everything because goddamn is it helpful.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
The new devstream didn't reveal much. Mostly pvp poo poo yay
  • New frame theme confirmed as "dragon", they specifically cited the standard D&D chromatic dragon thing for the source of the energy color thing, and Scott said it "probably" won't mean that you will have to have bought palettes to get access to all damage types.
  • Over half of it was more pvp poo poo, including a playtest of a 4 on 4 CTF match. There will be an approved list of normal mods usable in pvp, but also pvp specific mods from the new syndicate. Energy will come from preset drop points on the map. While there will be changes to powers and weapons in pvp, Steve and Scott both said they will be confined to pvp only and not change the pve game. I'm not optimistic regardless
  • More on the scanning cephalon quest guy; it's not just scanning them, this new cephalon is kind of nuts and trying to build a Noah's Ark or something, and he wants you to go around scanning then actually capturing things. In return, aside from lore unlocks, it also lets you replay old mastery tests as well as practice your next one
  • Raid confirmed for 16 (probably) and as the centerpiece of the update; they were not specific on the rewards but said it's an entirely new type of item that was originally intended to be part of Focus (lol)

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Dahbadu posted:

I want to earn some prime parts to sell for ducats. I have about 20 tower keys to burn through. Not sure if anyone is interested in mindlessly running void stuff with me tonight, but let's earn us some ducats! Also, newbies welcome.

I need to do the same thing. I've had bad luck with most of my tower runs since the last trader - very few actual prime parts.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Place your bets on those 'pvp only' changes somehow finding their way into the normal PVE game too.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Denzine posted:

I'm gonna laugh really hard if they put those two new ones on the next trader instead of prime streamline.

just quoting myself here

:lol:

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Dahbadu posted:

I'm interested in what region you're located in. Are you in the US/Canada?

Edit:

I want to earn some prime parts to sell for ducats. I have about 20 tower keys to burn through. Not sure if anyone is interested in mindlessly running void stuff with me tonight, but let's earn us some ducats! Also, newbies welcome.

Yep, US here. Now I have 4k platinum and I refuse to spend it on anything other than slots (and maybe a color palette or two).

Oh yeah and I'm always up for running tower stuff. Sweet sweet creds.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Prisma Veritux still not tradable, don't try it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Is the sword any good?

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Azran posted:

Is the sword any good?

I can't imagine a scenario where it beats Centaur

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Azran posted:

Is the sword any good?

It's better than the Rathbone and the Onerix, but it still doesn't measure up to the Centaur due to the latter's insane crit rate. Like its original version, it also has delays between combos while the Centaur does not.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Speaking of archwings. Is there any reason to be in melee mode?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Nasgate posted:

Speaking of archwings. Is there any reason to be in melee mode?

Melee mode in archwing is fun. Spin, twist, mash the button and jump from one enemy to the next if they're within 50M of each other (which is harder to be than you'd think, considering the sheer size of the levels.)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Melee mode in archwing is fun. Spin, twist, mash the button and jump from one enemy to the next if they're within 50M of each other (which is harder to be than you'd think, considering the sheer size of the levels.)

But is there any reason to actually equip the melee weapon before doing this, rather than keeping the gun equipped the whole time?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Channeling's a 50% damage boost basically for free in archwing since there's so many energy balls everywhere at all times

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Also the Centaur (and maybe other weapons?) deals more damage on some attacks when equipped.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Thranguy posted:

But is there any reason to actually equip the melee weapon before doing this, rather than keeping the gun equipped the whole time?

The end of your combos have a really awkward end animation where your dude puts away the sword to switch to back to the gun.

Also channeling.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Male Man posted:

Also the Centaur (and maybe other weapons?) deals more damage on some attacks when equipped.

If it's according to stance then it should work with every other non-Veritux weapon, then.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So is the AkJagara any good?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Not sure yet, got mine to level 7 so far. Starts with 9/9/42, 5% crit and 20% status chance. Semi-auto with recoil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvXDxeWWSyY

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

So is the AkJagara any good?

No idea, it won't let me loving build them! :suicide:

FakeEdit: Oh, Apparently I logged in during the countdown to the next hotfix so it was loving up. Supposedly the Prisma Veritux is tradable now, also.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

Not sure yet, got mine to level 7 so far. Starts with 9/9/42, 5% crit and 20% status chance. Semi-auto with recoil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvXDxeWWSyY

That sounds completely average to me.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I secretly hoped that those guns woudl do some crazy melee poo poo instead of zooming in. Missed opportunity, another average gun that I might pick up at one point to gather affinity for my account level, but nothing interesting. :smith:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Is the support always this slow? three days without being able to trade, and gonna be at least three more due to them not working on weekends.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Its the weekend, Canada is drunk now. We will groggily answer all inquiries Monday morning. Probably.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nalesh posted:

Is the support always this slow? three days without being able to trade, and gonna be at least three more due to them not working on weekends.

Yes.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Oh and another bug to add on the pile of not having any trades, and people randomly not being able to invite me: I built the archwing but it's not loving registering that I did so, I see it in my inventory but the button doesn't even show up in the arsenal and the quest still tells me to build it.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of bugs, got a real doozy this time. Was trying to farm the nightmare Alad V assassination, first few runs went great, then I just started getting instakilled. As in, no animations, no attacks, no warnings, I just down Alad and almost down Zanuka and bam I die, through invisibility and full shields/hp. One of the runs, I killed them both, made it out through the door, and died with no mobs in the room with me (both doors closed). I would just die for no reason. :psyduck:

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Naturally Selected posted:

Speaking of bugs, got a real doozy this time. Was trying to farm the nightmare Alad V assassination, first few runs went great, then I just started getting instakilled. As in, no animations, no attacks, no warnings, I just down Alad and almost down Zanuka and bam I die, through invisibility and full shields/hp. One of the runs, I killed them both, made it out through the door, and died with no mobs in the room with me (both doors closed). I would just die for no reason. :psyduck:

Any chance you were getting the time limit nightmare variant?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nalesh posted:

Oh and another bug to add on the pile of not having any trades, and people randomly not being able to invite me: I built the archwing but it's not loving registering that I did so, I see it in my inventory but the button doesn't even show up in the arsenal and the quest still tells me to build it.

Relog. Then when you finally complete the quest, relog again.

Nalesh posted:

Did you spend your initial 50 plat yet?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

That sounds completely average to me.

It's approximately akbolto, which is actually really good.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Any chance you were getting the time limit nightmare variant?

One of them was. I had 8+ minutes on the clock. This happened 6 times in a row, all different challenges, etc. Just a bit mind-boggling- but then I realized Earth had a nightmare exterminate, so I just went to run that for mods.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Lord Wexia posted:

Yep, US here. Now I have 4k platinum and I refuse to spend it on anything other than slots (and maybe a color palette or two).

Oh yeah and I'm always up for running tower stuff. Sweet sweet creds.

That's enough to buy a slot and potato for every frame out there although I still wouldn't potato and keep the ones that have prime variants, a slot and potato for every gun you ever want to use and some slots to cycle the poo poo you're just maxing and dumping, buying all the nightmare mods and a fair chunk of prime parts if you're lazy but smart about trading, all the colors if you buy the discount bundles, and a fair bunch of other cosmetics. 4k is a lot. What I'm saying is buy the color bundles if you're even remotely interested in getting more of them.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

Relog. Then when you finally complete the quest, relog again.

Did you spend your initial 50 plat yet?

Probably, like two or three years ago whenever the closed beta or whatever was a thing.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Naturally Selected posted:

Huh, I was getting the same in T4E. I assumed it was just an enemy I didn't see.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nalesh posted:

I had a similar bug with the kubrow quest. Go into our codex, then quest section, then re-assign the archwing quest as your primary. It should check you've done all the steps then complete itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah had that fix it after doing it a bunch of times, still can't trade or get invited though.