Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
For a better answer, pro sports in New Orleans are generally only supported when the team is successful. While CP3, Chandler, and West were here, it was constant sellouts. Then George Shinn happened.

Once this team starts getting into the playoffs and looking competent again, they will start to sell out games once more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This Vine has the best angle on that miracle shot: https://vine.co/v/OFlOTmD7HFA

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

This Vine has the best angle on that miracle shot: https://vine.co/v/OFlOTmD7HFA

loving double clutch Horry bull poo poo right here, I love it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kibner posted:

Man if he releases that a tenth of a second earlier he's getting a face full of ball

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Ahahahaha, Monty going loving nuts: http://vimeo.com/118976255?ref=tw-share

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Kibner posted:

Ahahahaha, Monty going loving nuts: http://vimeo.com/118976255?ref=tw-share

I have always had questions about his plays and rotations but i really love watching him on the court when exciting things happen.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I have always had questions about his plays and rotations but i really love watching him on the court when exciting things happen.

Well, to make you feel a little bit better about his plays, the Pels score the third most points per possession coming out of timeouts.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Kibner posted:

Well, to make you feel a little bit better about his plays, the Pels score the third most points per possession coming out of timeouts.

Yeah, on the other hand, he has to be the one calling all those Tyreke isos. He's really good at making singular, neat plays through the course of a game but then we go on these long, completely unexplainable stretches like that entire 2 minute debacle at the end.

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SQa48DcX1E

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 7, 2015

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah, on the other hand, he has to be the one calling all those Tyreke isos. He's really good at making singular, neat plays through the course of a game but then we go on these long, completely unexplainable stretches like that entire 2 minute debacle at the end.

yeah... our guards are boneheaded at times

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
here is a bad poem, imo, about the brow's shot:
the warriors are good the knicks are poo
the brow killed big blue
two defenders in his face
he shot the ball with haste

the ball went up in the air
and without a second to spare
it went swish
like it was shot by dfish

durant's hand was nigh
but the brow's arms go high
the pellies fly home with a win
while the thunder are chagrin

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Igor Strelkov posted:

This is the most important thing I've ever posted:

I had a dream last night, that after meeting a crippled black land speed record rocket mechanic in his qwonset hut shop and then meeting some of my friends, Adam Silver lured and then trapped us in a little cottage in the woods. After a bit, we realized the doors were nailed shut. And inexplicably 3 farm trucks delivered sheep, pigs, and goats in pens connected to the house, and they all tore away rather than stop while we screamed for help. I realized that we were going to be sacrificed and broke through the door, and we ran away.

What does this mean for the trade deadline

Ray Allen will sign with the Wizards.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Spacebump posted:

One time I was hanging out with a friend and his (now ex) girlfriend in Atlanta. I mentioned that it seems like the Hawks do a terrible job marketing a team that's always in the playoffs. Turns out my friend's (ex) girlfriend did some marketing work for the Hawks. Oops.

tell your friend's ex-gf that she's a lazy oval office

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJHLbLg7nWY

George Hill hit the craziest 4 point play I've seen

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kings gonna have 3 coaches in the span of 75 days gently caress this bullshit

(but gently caress Ty Corbin more)

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Ray Allen is overrated like Phil Jackson, the Lopez twins, Carmelo Anthony, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad,

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Curry/Thompson became the seventh pair of teammates to both have 50+ point games in the same season joining:

Elgin Baylor/Jerry West
Bob Pettit/Cliff Hagan
Jerry West/Wilt Chamberlain
George Gervin/Larry Kenon
Larry Bird/Kevin McHale
Jim Jackson/Jamal Mashburn

vikingstrike posted:

Aside from Seattle, I'm curious as to which cities you guys think should have a team?

This was a SAS poll from last year with 99 voters:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Bashez posted:

Basketball is exploding internationally. I think there's enough talent that you could double the teams over the next 10-15 years and not see a real noticeable dip in play. Superstars would spread out more but I think the world has plenty of replacement level players available.

Maybe. Part of it is the level of play, part of it is that after a certain amount of teams it's hard to bring myself to care. There's an upper limit on the size of a sports league before it just becomes hard to keep track of even for obsessive nerds like me. I feel like for most fans we're at good number of teams right now.

I missed the Raptors game tonight and was pleasantly surprised with the box score. How was it?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Kings gonna have 3 coaches in the span of 75 days gently caress this bullshit

(but gently caress Ty Corbin more)

Speculation is that they were going to sit pat and choose between Mullin(ugh) or Karl (ugh) in the off-season but now that Orlando is in the same situation they don't feel the "luxury" of patience. Luxury being everything burning down around them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
When's the last time a new coach was hired midseason? Never?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Tae posted:

Given the state of Kings ownership, I wouldn't be surprised.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tae posted:

D'Antoni!!!!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

D'Antoni!!!!

Oh, right. I dunno how I forgot the Dwightmare

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tae posted:

Oh, right. I dunno how I forgot the Dwightmare

That was within a month of the season, although there is talk that D'Antoni has an agreement in place to take over Denver.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
7 seconds or less + the thin Denver air might actually kill someone

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

here is a bad poem, imo, about the brow's shot:
the warriors are good the knicks are poo
the brow killed big blue
two defenders in his face
he shot the ball with haste

the ball went up in the air
and without a second to spare
it went swish
like it was shot by dfish

durant's hand was nigh
but the brow's arms go high
the pellies fly home with a win
while the thunder are chagrin

:golfclap:

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Rick posted:

It was probably the right time to trade Wilkins, in fact that trade probably could've been considered one of the best steals ever had Manning stayed healthy, because Wilkins was a shell of himself by that point and the Clippers made the move purely to try and sell tickets. And I mean even when they were doing well, it was just well for the Hawks, people were talking about moving them even then.

Manning was trying to get out for awhile and was almost traded to a couple of other teams by the time he went to Atlanta. Wilkins was coming off of a torn achilles a season or two prior and was ageing but still playing well. The rest of Wilkins' career is a bit weird.

For a guy who relied on athleticism so much and went through a torn achilles at a later stage of his career, Wilkins had a lot of longevity. He didn't noticeably decline until he was 35. He ruptured his achilles in January and came back for the beginning of the next season, which is kind of impressive for that era. Isiah Thomas blew his out at 32, same age as Nique, and just hung it up and retired instead of trying to come back

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

N: Wolves are 4-3 when Rubio finishes a game

V:

rest of the .gifs - http://imgur.com/a/WwyV1

I'm moving to Minneapolis next year and legit excited to watch Wiggins + Rubio on the cheap.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Haven't watched the Wolves this year yet - is Bennett displaying anything aside from garbageman/dunk machine skills? How about defensively?

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zogo posted:

I was part of the 12% Other.

I think I suggested Lexington or Lawrence as my 2nd choice behind Seattle.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

roundmidnight posted:

Haven't watched the Wolves this year yet - is Bennett displaying anything aside from garbageman/dunk machine skills? How about defensively?

Not really. He's not aggressively awful on defense I guess, but aside from the dunks he's not really good on offense. He's in love with the top of the circle jumper and he shoots it at like 35% I think? It looks like stats.nba.com decided to get rid of a useful feature because I can't find his shot chart, so that's cool.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Seattle and KC should gain teams in the West and two midwest teams from the West should move East. 4 divisions again. That's what I hope happens with re-alignment, but there probably won't ever be any more NBA teams. It's been a really long time since any expansion.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It sounds like McDermott will be going to the D-League when Dunleavy gets back.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Libertine posted:

Seattle and KC should gain teams in the West and two midwest teams from the West should move East. 4 divisions again. That's what I hope happens with re-alignment, but there probably won't ever be any more NBA teams. It's been a really long time since any expansion.

Seattle is a proven NBA market, but the two KCs together only have 600k people, it's a dying area like Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, St Louis. I think Seattle and a second Chicago team, and maybe San Jose are the most reasonable expansion locations. If they added a city with less than a million then it would be better to find a market with no pro team so that they can collect the entirety of the place's sports attuned disposable income.

KC sounds reasonable, but it's on par with places like Fresno California and Mesa Arizona.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Feb 7, 2015

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
1, 2, 3, Doug Rocks.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

roundmidnight posted:

1, 2, 3, Doug Rocks.

They gave up like 5 picks to get him too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's not like they missed out on anyone with those draft picks.

Like...is there anyone in this rookie class outside the top 3 that is doing good?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

It's not like they missed out on anyone with those draft picks.

Like...is there anyone in this rookie class outside the top 3 that is doing good?

Smart for a while now,Elfrid Payton, tj warren now and then. But there were lots of shooters in the draft, rookies can never ever shoot threes

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Maryland does not give a poo poo about the NBA. The vast majority only care about college basketball and I'm shocked when I meet someone who does follow the association.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Something is terribly wrong, Courtney Lee is only shooting 45% from midrange, he's actually shooting better from three! (46%)

Last year he shot 51% from midrange and 37% from three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Zogo posted:

Thanks for finding/posting this.

• Locked thread