Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

iyaayas01 posted:

The fact that lots of people with views very similar to yours have been jerking themselves raw over the fact that Jordan's (unelected, dictatorial) king did some tough talk on ISIS including quoting Clint Eastwood*, which means that clearly he's an ideal leader vs that (elected) traitor in the WH

* According to a singular GOP Congressman source, as reported by noted news sources Washington Examiner and the Daily Mail

You really need to take a break from comments sections or wherever and get a grip dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Will you faggots shut the gently caress up and talk about current events instead of the same old human being "MY GUY RAWKS! YOURS SUCKS!" "NUH-UH! MINE HAS SUPERPOWERS AND CAN SHOOT TAFFY FROM HIS rear end in a top hat! YOUR GUY DROOLS!" bullshit that infects every other loving part of the goddamn internet?

For gently caress's sake, every goddamn president does poo poo that nobody likes, or only half the population likes, or what the gently caress ever. It's been that way since Hammurabi clenched his fist around his laws and shoved them up the rear end of the goddamn primitive that surrounded him, and motherfuckers in the Middle East are STILL pissed off about it. Any loving politician that does nothing that pisses you off is probably pissing on your face and you're believing it's free goddamn soda. You oughta loving know this, since a politician is nothing more than that slimy loving Warrant who hosed you in the rear end for his medals and wiped his dick on your hair and bragged about it to his friends. You know it, I know it, so shut the gently caress about who's cock was bigger when they rammed it down your goddamn throat.

In REAL loving news...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/02/07/isis-claims-jordanian-airstrikes-killed-us-aid-worker/

quote:

Unlike other Islamic State captives killed by the group after their ransom demands were spurned, Mueller has not been featured on any hostage videos in which the terror army's prisoners, under obvious duress, denounce the West and plead for their lives. In some cases, intelligence officials have determined the hostages were killed long before the Islamic State militants claimed, raising the possibility that Mueller was already dead.

Yeah, she was either raped to death, or died giving birth to some goat fucker's water-headed kid.

This is just their bright loving idea to keep the US from bombing them further into the Stone Age their so loving enamored with.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 7, 2015

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

iyaayas01 posted:

The fact that lots of people with views very similar to yours have been jerking themselves raw over the fact that Jordan's (unelected, dictatorial) king did some tough talk on ISIS including quoting Clint Eastwood*, which means that clearly he's an ideal leader vs that (elected) traitor in the WH

* According to a singular GOP Congressman source, as reported by noted news sources Washington Examiner and the Daily Mail

For the region, Jordans king is a source of reason, moderation and stability. While an unelected dynasty, government could easily be much worse. A democracy with a freely elected government does not ensure good government. Conversely, a monarchy does not ensure bad government.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

iyaayas01 posted:

To be fair, most of those "celebrations" were a bunch of drunken frat boys partying about killing some muslim who blew something up or whatever a few years ago who cares he was brown and let's get drunk gently caress it, so in all seriousness yeah I rolled my eyes pretty hard at all that poo poo.

lol did you spend the night in quiet introspection or something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_the_death_of_Osama_bin_Laden#.C2.A0United_States

*camera slowly focuses on iyaayas*
*he is staring out the window, observing out of focus frat boys doing keg stands and muted 'usa usa' chants*
v.o: Don't these fools know...his death was meaningless...do they even remember 9/11? have they studied the geopolitcal ramifications of his death at all?
*iyaayas glances over at his rotc uniform*
*speaking directly into camera*
do they know anything of self sacrifice?

vains fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Feb 7, 2015

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

You really need to take a break from comments sections or wherever and get a grip dude.

Well it was happening in this thread a couple of pages back but okay

lightpole posted:

For the region, Jordans king is a source of reason, moderation and stability. While an unelected dynasty, government could easily be much worse. A democracy with a freely elected government does not ensure good government. Conversely, a monarchy does not ensure bad government.

Yes, compared to ISIS, al-Assad, or the Saudis, Jordan's monarchy isn't that bad.

Talking about damning with faint praise.

Nah I just went "cool, rear end in a top hat is dead...glad we completely wasted all those lives and money over the last decade+."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Had I lived near DC or New York I might have been out celebrating too, its not everyday the bogeyman from your adolescence gets wasted.

Oh and concerning the supposed death of Kayla Mueller. Reminds me of how we "killed" Hana Gadaffi.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 7, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I had a Jordanian friend who loving hated the king. Mainly because he practically shuts Amman down whenever he needs to drive anywhere. Also because his mom was British (meh whatever):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Muna_al-Hussein

And because Hussein II is too friendly to Israel. So there's that. Mehhh.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Basically what we can learn from this is that the Middle East is a collection of failed/collapsed voids - one of which ISIS filled - and the rest are overly-centralized STRONG states that happen to be really corrupt.

Think Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Turkey. These states have armies and fairly big ones for their size, because that's the only route of advancement for many people, as the pervasive corruption chokes out the private sectors. If you live in one of these countries, you either have to leave to find work ... or you join the army.

ISIS filled one of the collapsed voids, but is now brushing up against these states. The Jordanians. The Kurds with the Peshmerga, and Shia Badr Corps to the east, and the Lebanese Maronite Christians and Shia Hezbollah to the west. Who all have guns and won't hesitate to gently caress your poo poo up. So as a result ISIS stalled out, got stuck in place, and is now getting glassed by Kurds armed with laser-guided MILAN ATGMs and Panzerfaust 3s thanks to Angela Merkel.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 7, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also this:

quote:

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-02-03/exclusive-iran-s-militias-are-taking-over-iraq-s-army

On the front lines of Iraq’s war against Islamic State, it’s increasingly difficult to tell where the Iraqi army ends and the Iranian-supported Shiite militias begin.

Official U.S. policy has been to support the Iraqi Security Forces as both a hammer against the Sunni jihadists and also as a way to absorb the the Shiite militias that threaten to drive Iraq’s Sunni minority to support anti-government terrorism.

But in an interview this week, Hadi al-Amiri, the founder and leader of Iraq’s oldest and most powerful Shiite militia, the Badr Organization, told me the U.S. ambassador recently offered air strikes to support the Iraqi army and militia ground forces under his command. This has placed the U.S. in the strange position of deepening an alliance with the Islamic Republic of Iran for its war against Islamic extremists.

Late last year, the U.S. formally committed to train and equip three divisions of the Iraqi army. While some senior U.S. officials have had positive words for Iran’s role in the fight against Islamic State warriors, official U.S. policy is to support the integration of Iraq’s sectarian militias into the Iraqi Security Forces.

In Diyala Province northeast of Baghdad, however, it’s the other way around. On a tour of areas recently liberated from Islamic State control, General Ali Wazir Shamary told me that ultimately his orders came through a chain of command that originated with Amiri. In other words, the Iraqi army is integrating into Amiri’s Badr Organization in Diyala as opposed to integrating the militias into the army.

From his headquarters, Amiri affirmed Shamary’s statement about the chain of command. “Abadi has put me charge of this area, the Diyala area,” he said, referring to the Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi. He said the police and the army in the province ultimately report to him.

Amiri, a white haired fighter with darting and youthful eyes, helped found what was then called the Badr Corps in Iran in 1982, along with a collection of Iraqi Shiites loyal to the Hakim Shiite clerical dynasty. While the group has at times since the fall of Saddam Hussein been relatively cooperative with the U.S., it also has always had very strong ties to Iran, and particularly Iran’s elite Quds Force.

When asked about the commander of the Quds Force, Qassem Soleimani, Amiri said he meets with him whenever he is Baghdad. “He advises us. He offers us information, we respect him very much,” he said.

Asked to elaborate, Amiri said Soleimani’s experience fighting Islamic State warriors in Syria was invaluable. “No country has experience like Iran in dealing with terrorists,” he said about the country the U.S. State Department considers the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism. He added that Lebanon’s Hezbollah has also provided the Badr Organization with important lessons learned from fighting Israel and Sunni jihadists in Lebanon and Syria.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_galG0l0A

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
http://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-passes-law-shoot-deserters-304911

So, if Im reading this right Ukrainian commanders can now shoot soldiers for desertion or what they deem to be desertion? Truly a black and white conflict where Ukraine is good and must be supported without criticism

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Flavor Flav is gung-ho:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Nuclear War posted:

So, if Im reading this right Ukrainian commanders can now shoot soldiers for desertion or what they deem to be desertion? Truly a black and white conflict where Ukraine is good and must be supported without criticism

So an army fighting a war for survival is doing something that armies have been doing forever?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Nuclear War posted:

We don't do it anymore but we can execute deserters too.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Nuclear War posted:

Thats pretty much every army especially during wartime dude.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Richard Bong posted:

We don't do it anymore but we can execute deserters too.

With one exception, we haven't since the Civil War, and we have never had a law that permitted summary executions. The U.S has always required executions to be after a court-martial. (Not that that was saying much up until the 1950s) There is some evidence that Stonewall Jackson and Braxton Bragg did some summary executions for desertion anyway, but didn't push summary execution 'authority' down to unit commanders like Ukraine appears to be doing.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Now if Ukraine had MVS blocking detachments, that would be something. :commissar:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Flavor Flav is gung-ho:

Every conflict needs a hype man

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I have a feeling the US and Iran would make for a great middle east / central asia buddy cop duo. Even if the public would never swallow it (obviously), behind the scenes coordination would be cool. Are they over the whole gas thing with Iraq yet?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Zeris posted:

I have a feeling the US and Iran would make for a great middle east / central asia buddy cop duo. Even if the public would never swallow it (obviously), behind the scenes coordination would be cool. Are they over the whole gas thing with Iraq yet?

Im still kinda salty about all the ieds but thats just me.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Im still kinda salty about all the ieds but thats just me.

B-b-b-ut we have the bombmakers' fingerprints!!!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeris posted:

We actually coordinated with them to throw the Taliban out of Herat. Of course they almost went in there a little bit earlier to deal out some pain after the Taliban murdered some of their diplomats, and for the abuse the Shia population was getting. Then Bush put them in the Axis of Evil and we got a super fun civil war to deal with.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

Axis of Evil

Good lord I forgot about that.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeris posted:

Good lord I forgot about that.
They dialed back the rhetoric after 9/11 and it was looking like we might be able to normalize relations with our common cause against Sunni extremist assholes. But who would've wanted that?

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.

Casimir Radon posted:

Had I lived near DC or New York I might have been out celebrating too, its not everyday the bogeyman from your adolescence gets wasted.

I think I partied harder celebrating the death of John Allen Muhammed than OBL.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Thats pretty much every army especially during wartime dude.

I wouldn't give a poo poo if deserters were executed, but I would give a poo poo if my CO was the one who had authority to sentence me to execution and carry it out in the field on his own judgement.

Edit:
Someone in the other thread dug up some posts on reddit that explained it as allowing CO's to use force to detain deserters, which, I agree is something every country does. So I guess I was working off wrong information, and trusting the newsweek article to be factually correct

Nuclear War fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 7, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

joat mon posted:

With one exception, we haven't since the Civil War, and we have never had a law that permitted summary executions. The U.S has always required executions to be after a court-martial. (Not that that was saying much up until the 1950s) There is some evidence that Stonewall Jackson and Braxton Bragg did some summary executions for desertion anyway, but didn't push summary execution 'authority' down to unit commanders like Ukraine appears to be doing.

No, instead we just had courts martial a month later still in the AOR and carry out the sentence there as well. There's a wider gulf between the Slovik case and "normal" capital punishment than there is between Ukraine's situation and Slovik.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 7, 2015

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Flavor Flav is gung-ho:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

They dialed back the rhetoric after 9/11 and it was looking like we might be able to normalize relations with our common cause against Sunni extremist assholes. But who would've wanted that?

It's pretty funny that in the shitshow of the Middle East, we've decided our primary enemy over the decades should be the country that lets women have jobs and play sports and values education.

Sort of like in the Cold War we were like "worlds largest democracy yearning for investment and international support? Naw, we're going all in on their psychotic clit cutting murderocracy cousin over here, Pakistan seems just awesome."

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Best Friends posted:

It's pretty funny that in the shitshow of the Middle East, we've decided our primary enemy over the decades should be the country that lets women have jobs and play sports and values education.

Sort of like in the Cold War we were like "worlds largest democracy yearning for investment and international support? Naw, we're going all in on their psychotic clit cutting murderocracy cousin over here, Pakistan seems just awesome."

A lot of people were (and still are) pissed about the shah and the hostage crisis. And the "stay the course" momentum bullshit prevailed ever since we helped Saddam gas their troops. Also, Ahmadinejad trolling Israel with holocaust jokes forced us into a lovely position. And by forced us, I mean nobody with a sense of political self preservation can speak or move against that sort of thing. Jews etc.

So it makes sense why we blew the opportunity even though it would've been nice to see otherwise.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Godholio posted:

No, instead we just had courts martial a month later still in the AOR and carry out the sentence there as well. There's a wider gulf between the Slovik case and "normal" capital punishment than there is between Ukraine's situation and Slovik.

Wider in the sense that 2 seconds is closer to 2 3 1/2 months than 2 3 1/2 months is to 2 decades, you're correct.

The Ukrainian example (assuming this is a law that allows summary execution by the unit commander for desertion rather than an "oops, we forgot to put the equivalent of Art 7, UCMJ in the Ukrainian UCMJ)
Dude runs for it
CO sees him
CO thinks he's deserting (that loving piece of poo poo)
CO shoots him dead.

Slovik's example:
Slovic deserts, gets sent back to his unit. Oct 7
Oct 8 Company CO, I'm too scared to fight, can I go to the rear?
No.
If I leave anyway, would that be desertion?
Yes.
Oct 9: Slovik goes to the rear and gives a cook a note that says, I confess to desertion. This is how, where and when. I did it because I was scared. My Company CO said I couldn't go to the rear. If you try to send me back I'll run away again.
Cook calls his Company CO and an MP, who tells Slovik to destroy the letter. Slovik refuses.
Slovik gets taken to an LTC, who will let Slovik tear up the letter and go back to his unit. Slovic refuses. LTC tells Slovik to write another letter acknowledging he knows what he's in for if he continues. Slovik does.
Slovik gets sent up to division HQ. The SJA tells Slovic if he'll just go back to his unit, he'll suspend the charges. Slovic can even go to a different unit (but still infantry)
Slovik insists on a court-martial.
Nov. 11 The court martial is held; the 9 members are staff officers. Slovik has defense counsel, (who is not a lawyer). The 9 members of the court-martial find him guilty and sentence Slovic to death.
The Division CO, (2 star) who has the power to not approve the sentence, approves the death sentence.
The case is reviewed by a review board of attorneys who have the power to recommend the death sentence not be approved; they do not.
23 Dec Gen Eisenhower, who has the power to not approve the sentence, approves the death sentence.
31 Jan Slovik executued.

There is a insurmountable chasm between summary execution without due process and what happened to Slovik, who undeniably had due process - but not as much as we have now.

The rule of law is a thing. And it's a good thing, even if it's not perfect.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 7, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Best Friends posted:

Besides that the theocracy would get away with less poo poo if they can't hold us up as the big evil external enemy. Don't expect any social change until relations normalize.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

joat mon posted:

Wider in the sense that 2 seconds is closer to 2 3 1/2 months than 2 3 1/2 months is to 2 decades, you're correct.

The Ukrainian example (assuming this is a law that allows summary execution by the unit commander for desertion rather than an "oops, we forgot to put the equivalent of Art 7, UCMJ in the Ukrainian UCMJ)
Dude runs for it
CO sees him
CO thinks he's deserting (that loving piece of poo poo)
CO shoots him dead.

Slovik's example:
Slovic deserts, gets sent back to his unit. Oct 7
Oct 8 Company CO, I'm too scared to fight, can I go to the rear?
No.
If I leave anyway, would that be desertion?
Yes.
Oct 9: Slovik goes to the rear and gives a cook a note that says, I confess to desertion. This is how, where and when. I did it because I was scared. My Company CO said I couldn't go to the rear. If you try to send me back I'll run away again.
Cook calls his Company CO and an MP, who tells Slovik to destroy the letter. Slovik refuses.
Slovik gets taken to an LTC, who will let Slovik tear up the letter and go back to his unit. Slovic refuses. LTC tells Slovik to write another letter acknowledging he knows what he's in for if he continues. Slovik does.
Slovik gets sent up to division HQ. The SJA tells Slovic if he'll just go back to his unit, he'll suspend the charges. Slovic can even go to a different unit (but still infantry)
Slovik insists on a court-martial.
Nov. 11 The court martial is held; the 9 members are staff officers. Slovik has defense counsel, (who is not a lawyer). The 9 members of the court-martial find him guilty and sentence Slovic to death.
The Division CO, (2 star) who has the power to not approve the sentence, approves the death sentence.
The case is reviewed by a review board of attorneys who have the power to recommend the death sentence not be approved; they do not.
23 Dec Gen Eisenhower, who has the power to not approve the sentence, approves the death sentence.
31 Jan Slovik executued.

There is a insurmountable chasm between summary execution without due process and what happened to Slovik, who undeniably had due process - but not as much as we have now.

The rule of law is a thing. And it's a good thing, even if it's not perfect.
Reading the time line it just strikes that Slovak was a special kind of stupid apparently.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gfanikf posted:

Reading the time line it just strikes that Slovak was a special kind of stupid apparently.

By all accounts he was.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

No doubt of that.

Does anyone actually know the codified rule on desertion in Ukraine? That might be useful for the discussion. I'm sure they have one, given the Soviet love of bureaucracy (although based on that, it might ACTUALLY be how it's written above).

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
can we at least come to a consensus on how the hell to spell this slavik guys name? joat mon isnt even willing to commit to a single spelling in his post

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Edward Slovik.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Godholio posted:

No doubt of that.

Does anyone actually know the codified rule on desertion in Ukraine? That might be useful for the discussion. I'm sure they have one, given the Soviet love of bureaucracy (although based on that, it might ACTUALLY be how it's written above).

Ukraine's news agency's version:
http://www.unian.net/politics/1040659-rada-usilila-otvetstvennost-voennyih-za-pyanstvo-i-uklonenie-ot-ispolneniya-prikazov.html
Google translate version

quote:

Charter internal service APU is complemented by Article 221, according to which the commander (chief) in a special period, including under martial law or a combat situation, in order to arrest the soldier commits an act falling under the elements of a crime related to disobedience, resistance or threat boss, violence, unauthorized abandonment of military positions and certain places of military units (units) in the areas of combat missions, has the right to personally use physical force without causing damage to the health of military and special funds sufficient to stop illegal actions.

In a combat situation commander (chief) may use weapons or give orders to subordinates on the application, if no other way to stop the offense, while not causing the death of the soldier.

If circumstances permit, the commander (chief) before the use of physical force, special means and weapons must voice shot up or notify the person against whom may be applied the following measures.

Article 6 of the Disciplinary Code is supplemented by a new part of the APU, according to which the commander is obliged to take measures to arrest a slave in the commission of, or committed an attempt to commit a crime or immediately after committing the crime of disobedience, resistance or threat boss, violence, unauthorized abandonment of a military unit or place of service, evasion of military service or desertion, with immediate delivery of the detainee to an authorized officer or to take steps to instant message authorized officer of the detention and whereabouts of a person suspected of having committed acts with signs of crime.

Here's the text of the measure found on RT, a Russian state owned media outlet.

And running the last part of page 5 and the first part of page 6 though google translate,

quote:

Article 6 Disciplinary Regulations of the Armed Forces of Ukraine approved the Law of Ukraine "On the Disciplinary Regulations of the Armed Forces of Ukraine" (Supreme Council of Ukraine, 1999., № 22-23, Art. 197), after a third of the following new part as follows:
"The commander must take steps to arrest the subordinate committing or exercise of an attempt to commit a crime or immediately after the crime associated with disobedience, resistance or threats boss, violence, willful abandonment of the military unit or place of service, evasion of military service or desertion, with immediate delivery of the detainee to an authorized officer or to take measures for immediate notification of an authorized officer of the detention and the location of the person alleged to have committed an act of the crime. "
221. The commander (chief) under the extraordinary period, including a state of martial law or a battle, in order to arrest a soldier who commits an act that falls under the signs of offense of disobedience, resistance or threat head, using violence, willful abandonment of military positions and certain places deployment of military units (units) in the areas of combat missions, shall have the right to apply measures of physical restraint without causing damage to the health of military and special funds sufficient to stop illegal actions.
In a battle commander (chief) can use weapons or give orders to subordinates on the application, unless otherwise impossible to stop the offense, while not causing the death of soldier.
If circumstances permit, the commander (chief) before use of physical effects, special tools or weapons should voice shot up or notify the person against whom may apply such measures. "\

So more like an Art. 7, UCMJ equivalent/clarification than summary execution of deserters.

Cung Fu Fist Fukc kan sukc my dikc from the bakc.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
rude

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

joat mon posted:

Ukraine's news agency's version:
http://www.unian.net/politics/1040659-rada-usilila-otvetstvennost-voennyih-za-pyanstvo-i-uklonenie-ot-ispolneniya-prikazov.html
Google translate version

Here's the text of the measure found on RT, a Russian state owned media outlet.

And running the last part of page 5 and the first part of page 6 though google translate,

So more like an Art. 7, UCMJ equivalent/clarification than summary execution of deserters.

Ok, that doesn't sound grossly unreasonable. But now that a law has been passed basically granting carte blanche authority, why are we going on about the rule of law? That's literally what it is now, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
I call for summary execution of pogs

• Locked thread