Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
You made your clan key?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Charles Bukowski posted:

You made your clan key?

Yeah.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yo Terbulus, I just got my 30th 75% off in six months and you can have it. :toot:

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.

SynthOrange posted:

So is the AkJagara any good?

Looking at the warframe-builder numbers, it just looks like a telos akbolto without the syndicate effect.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Doctor Shapes posted:

Looking at the warframe-builder numbers, it just looks like a telos akbolto without the syndicate effect.

Which means yeah it's pretty good, just not 100% optimal. The reload animation owns though.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Coldbird posted:

The new devstream didn't reveal much. Mostly pvp poo poo yay
  • New frame theme confirmed as "dragon", they specifically cited the standard D&D chromatic dragon thing for the source of the energy color thing, and Scott said it "probably" won't mean that you will have to have bought palettes to get access to all damage types.
  • Over half of it was more pvp poo poo, including a playtest of a 4 on 4 CTF match. There will be an approved list of normal mods usable in pvp, but also pvp specific mods from the new syndicate. Energy will come from preset drop points on the map. While there will be changes to powers and weapons in pvp, Steve and Scott both said they will be confined to pvp only and not change the pve game. I'm not optimistic regardless
  • More on the scanning cephalon quest guy; it's not just scanning them, this new cephalon is kind of nuts and trying to build a Noah's Ark or something, and he wants you to go around scanning then actually capturing things. In return, aside from lore unlocks, it also lets you replay old mastery tests as well as practice your next one
  • Raid confirmed for 16 (probably) and as the centerpiece of the update; they were not specific on the rewards but said it's an entirely new type of item that was originally intended to be part of Focus (lol)

Yesss I was right about the Dragon thing mother fuckerssss. Also my phone capitalises Dragon

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Yesss I was right about the Dragon thing mother fuckerssss. Also my phone capitalises Dragon

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
I barely play this game anymore but I'd happily throw money down for a Dino-frame.

Or Vauben Prime. Either-or.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Bonus points if it's straight up a velociraptor with the warframe treatment. More bonus points if it looks broken as hell when you slap another frame's animation set on it.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
If they make it do a chicken-like head bob as it runs we'll be in one interesting place for frame creativity.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Holy poo poo I loving hate the t4s drop table change. So many loving ocells, so few r5 cores.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kris xK posted:

Holy poo poo I loving hate the t4s drop table change. So many loving ocells, so few r5 cores.

Yeah that was utter horseshit. :de: as hell though. HERE WE'RE GIVING YOU MORE RARE RESOURCES :downs:

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Kris xK posted:

The pack of o cells was already in the t4s drop table, they just added it to the t3s. At least according to their patch notes, it wouldn't surprised me if they accidentally added it to t4s as well so you have double the chance as before.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

EroticBlacksmith posted:

The pack of o cells was already in the t4s drop table, they just added it to the t3s. At least according to their patch notes, it wouldn't surprised me if they accidentally added it to t4s as well so you have double the chance as before.
The patch note said they added it to t4s. It wasn't in the t4s drop table before.

Honestly, they make loving stupid changes way too often. The syndicate cap capping, 25k random key pack, and the core change are all dreadfully bad. I pretty much have nothing to do now in warframe because there's no way to farm cores, farming rep is pointless because I can't use the excuse of getting literally thousands of keys and there's no other rep sink, and that pretty much sums it up. I have archwing stuff left to max but the affinity gain there is awful so I'll probably hold off. Might be time for another extended break. I like how the game went from the best it ever was to removing all of the reasons to keep playing over the course of a few weeks.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Khorne posted:

The patch note said they added it to t4s. It wasn't in the t4s drop table before.

Honestly, they make loving stupid changes way too often. The syndicate cap capping, 25k random key pack, and the core change are all dreadfully bad. I pretty much have nothing to do now in warframe because there's no way to farm cores, farming rep is pointless because I can't use the excuse of getting literally thousands of keys and there's no other rep sink, and that pretty much sums it up. I have archwing stuff left to max but the affinity gain there is awful so I'll probably hold off. Might be time for another extended break. I like how the game went from the best it ever was to removing all of the reasons to keep playing over the course of a few weeks.

This is pretty much my feeling, too. I can farm nightmares for the two mods with a 1% drop chance, spend literal hours doing Interceptions to have a small chance at a t4 key, or........ yeah.

The day they hosed over the faction keys is when factions became worthless.

E: At least dicing people with a Loki is still actually fun.

E2: missed a C in there.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 7, 2015

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Naturally Selected posted:

E: At least diing people in half with a Loki is still actually fun.

Now with ridculous range

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Terbulus posted:

Now with ridculous range

Primed Reach is the dumbest loving thing I've seen.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Naturally Selected posted:

Primed Reach is the dumbest loving thing I've seen.

And now I think I should buy two.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Now im so glad i bought it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How many plat is it again? And how long is the trader here for?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Pierson posted:

How many plat is it again? And how long is the trader here for?

It's 300 ducats, and he's here for another day or so.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I have a sneaking suspicion Primed Reach is gonna get nerfed ala Steel Charge. Its not nearly as powerful but almost as retarded.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Khorne posted:

[quote="Warframe update 15.13 patch notes="
]Added a 3 x Orokin Cells to TIII Survival Rewards.[/quote]

That said, they definitely did increase the amount of orokin cells you get as rewards in T4S (it was an option before, but much rarer). My money is totally on they hosed up and accidentally added another instance of the o cell pack to the T4S drop table.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
When i doubt blame Sheldon. He's the drop rate dude.

Kris xK posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion Primed Reach is gonna get nerfed ala Steel Charge. Its not nearly as powerful but almost as retarded.
Nah don't think so. The difference is Steel Charge was something anybody could get.

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us
Hey - looking to join the PS4 clan. PSN name is JananaBleah.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

Nah don't think so. The difference is Steel Charge was something anybody could get.

what's the limiting factor for prime reach exactly?

a few hours of tower defense/survival and like 30minutes of yursa?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
So I discovered an interesting bug. I've been leveling up a Gorgon, because it was a login reward and also I'm a masochist, apparently. It was level 28, so I ran the Jupiter defense mission (also farming for neural sensors) for 20 waves. The Gorgon reached level 29 during the mission, and the bonus affinity after completing the mission brought it up to level 30. All well and good.

Once I was back on the Liset, I swapped to an unranked Kohm. (I cooked it a few days ago, since so many people in this thread seem to love it.) Then I viewed the result of the last mission, since I wanted to check how much syndicate affinity I received. The results screen shows the Kohm at level 29, and then the bonus affinity brings it up to 30...

...which triggered the Shotgun Mastery 1 - 3 achievements :haw:

The Kohm itself is still unranked if I check the Arsenal, so this isn't a particularly game-breaking bug.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Solumin posted:

The Kohm itself is still unranked if I check the Arsenal, so this isn't a particularly game-breaking bug.

You got me all excited over nothing. :smith:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Denzine posted:

what's the limiting factor for prime reach exactly?

a few hours of tower defense/survival and like 30minutes of yursa?

Uh yeah most people aren't autistic enough to spend "a few hours" grinding.
Plus most people have a certain amount of trouble finding reliable teammates. Your experience as a goon is skewing your perception.

--

E: Holy crap a single Spy mission took my Prova from 28 to 30 and probably beyond. Those stealth XP multipliers are huge. I got 15k XP from a single Commander during a backstab chain. Even regular Lancers were giving >1k XP by the 4th or 5th one in the chain.
And this was Titan, Saturn, mind you.

(And the stealth extractions give pretty good XP too)

E2: So. By the third or fourth stealth kill, regular enemies yield 1k XP, while heavies yield upwards of 12k. I got 80k XP just by killing the stuff on the way to Kril. 39 melee kills. It's that crazy.
(What I'm saying is kill the heavies last)

E3: ahahaha almost 110k XP in 44 melee kills jesus loving christ :allears:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 8, 2015

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent
I'm not in the Goon clan, but I'd like to pick up a set of the Cryotic Front/Breeding Grounds/Tethra's Doom mods for cold hard Plat (PC). Please let me know if anyone has these for sale and what a reasonable price is.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
By the way, the wiki claims the Akjagara fires two pellets per shot. I wondered if that was true, so I checked the files. And indeed, it fires two pellets. It's 30 damage each. So while it doesn't do more damage, it has better proc chances than listed.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 8, 2015

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
I haven't played this in a while. I think Loki prime had just come out when I stopped playing. After seeing the arch wings though, I want to be the Gundam Is it worth the farm?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Archwing is pretty fun, just stick to Intercept missions as much as you can because the exterminate missions involve terribly designed interior corridors that are the least fun thing to navigate in the entire game.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

Uh yeah most people aren't autistic enough to spend "a few hours" grinding.
Plus most people have a certain amount of trouble finding reliable teammates. Your experience as a goon is skewing your perception.

This incredibly easy game is entirely about grinding. :psyduck:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Dude you say "a few hours" like it weren't a significant chunk of time. Hell even 30min is a non-trivial chunk of time. Not to mention running the same stuff over and over is boring as gently caress.
In the ideal Warframe you wouldn't be playing the same mission twice in a row.

Chocobo posted:

Archwing is pretty fun, just stick to Intercept missions as much as you can because the exterminate missions involve terribly designed interior corridors that are the least fun thing to navigate in the entire game.

They are pretty cool once you learn to navigate them though.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

Dude you say "a few hours" like it weren't a significant chunk of time. Hell even 30min is a non-trivial chunk of time. Not to mention running the same stuff over and over is boring as gently caress.

Check your Steam page. How much time have you sunk into Warframe in the last two weeks? Cuz you don't need to do all that in one sitting, you've got two entire weeks before traders show up.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

This is what happens when people stop asking 'what would be fun for an hour or two' and instead focus on getting an efficient return for their farming investment.

Only nerds could find a way to make space ninjas boring.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

If you are thinking about getting primed reach but can't do any void in over 2 weeks the mod might not be for you.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
So after spending weeks soloing because of the crippling performance anxiety I get whenever I do multiplayer (Oh god am I just gonna keep dying over and over? Are people going to get annoyed with me oh god :ohdear: ) I can safetly say DE really really doesn't like the idea of you soloing in this game. I think I've gotten more resources in the last hour or two than I have in several day's worth of solo play.

I know this is no big surprise to anyone but man, the difference is ginormous.

(For those confused, I'm not even that new. I have over 100 hours in the game according to STEAM, but fairly recently I just get super nervous in team-based games online and I'm not sure why. I blame LoL and WoW raiding)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Kyte posted:

You act like there's anything else to do when the entire game is the same thing over and over and over again and you might as well burn some void keys and keep switching it up. What you're arguing against is literally the entire loving game. If you play a few hours over two weeks you might as well do enough void poo poo, if you can't manage that you're probably not gonna get your poo poo leveled to even make use of prime mods.

The game won't let you get certain things if you've only got an hour once a month to play because if it did there would be nothing to do at all.