Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
No idea on the full list, but Lil' Brimstone is a special item now. :(

Curse of the maze now has a visual effect when it kicks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Waffle! posted:

Anyone know what the new patch changed?

Since I've not unlocked the Lost stuff yet, I'm sure it patched out the pause and reload exploit for the Lost.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Waffle! posted:

Anyone know what the new patch changed?

It added unwinnable states, I need to set this poo poo to not auto-update.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Pivotal Lever posted:

Just carrying on the tradition of some room layouts being actively meant to gently caress people over. Working as intended!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pivotal Lever posted:

You should probably message the devs asap

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Guess the infinite krampus glitch got fixed, and I found it out the hard way. DId the thing six times until health was low enough to deem it too risky while under the effect of curse of the blind.
The result was 6 pieces of coal.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Pivotal Lever posted:

There is no option to not update anymore, they took it out at some point.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

There is no option to not update anymore, they took it out at some point.

If it's anything like "don't update the good-broken" stuff in the original, this just means "play it with Steam offline"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Unfortunately you can't even do that anymore, once an update is queued up you have no choice but to let Steam download it or you can't play the game.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Unfortunately you can't even do that anymore, once an update is queued up you have no choice but to let Steam download it or you can't play the game.

I would have figured if you have steam set to be offline, it's not like it can check for updates to see if one is queued up? :shrug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ursine Asylum posted:

I would have figured if you have steam set to be offline, it's not like it can check for updates to see if one is queued up? :shrug:

Steam queues up an update for a game as soon as it's released. As soon as it says this on your games list, you can't play it in offline mode anymore. If you were already in offline mode when the update was released, I guess you could do that though.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

If you were already in offline mode when the update was released, I guess you could do that though.

That was my usual go-to thing last time around; I don't run steam 24/7 and I'd usually get warning in the thread at the time if there was a terrible update out.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

flatluigi posted:

You should probably message the devs asap

I found it on reddit, someone already made a thread about it there, I assume someone will contact the devs.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The Library now uses the proper track instead of the floor music.

Apparently explosive tears (IPECAC, Epic Fetus, etc.) can no longer destroy slot machines, blood donation machines, or cause donation machines to drop coins anymore.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Er... how often does that unwinnable floor layout occur in this patch?

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Dr. Fetus posted:

Apparently explosive tears (IPECAC, Epic Fetus, etc.) can no longer destroy slot machines, blood donation machines, or cause donation machines to drop coins anymore.

I can confirm this for Ipecac.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Pivotal Lever posted:

I can confirm this for Ipecac.

I've confirmed it. Only regular bombs will destroy those. Not even Dr. Fetus bombs will do anything. It doesn't even work on the beggars anymore. :negative:

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

I've confirmed it. Only regular bombs will destroy those. Not even Dr. Fetus bombs will do anything. It doesn't even work on the beggars anymore. :negative:

Well, on the plus side I don't have to worry about accidentally blowing up a slot machine when it spits up a hostile fly.

Is the skull game beggar also immune now?

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

But, why?

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
I can no longer launch this game... it loads up the window and then crashes w/o an error report.

Thanks edmund.

Dodecalypse fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 7, 2015

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Sounds like a stupid change, yeah.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Probably because it allows you to not be instantly hosed/be forced to door dance when you get a fly in the slot machine/begger

If you have explosive tears you probably have ab overabundance of bombs anyway.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Dodecalypse posted:

I can no longer launch this game... it loads up the window and then crashes w/o an error report.

Thanks edmund.

Yeah, a second patch just came out to fix the Curse of the Maze glitch. Then it just broke the game altogether.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Beat the boss rush with the Lost on hard today. I got teleported to a Knife/Mom's Knife devil deal on the first floor and then got Spoon Bender from one of those item pedestals that requires flight to reach. Pentagram and Abaddon from the floor 2 devil deal and eventually got Brimstone on the later floors. Still need to beat the Chest/Dark Room on hard. After the boss rush I started playing like garbage and lost a couple lives because the knife curved in a way I wasn't prepared for a couple times. The two earlier deaths I got from stupidly running into blood donation machines didn't help either.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Patch rolled out a little while ago to unbreak the game. woo.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Holding R to restart seems to take a lot longer, since the patch.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Ipecac + donation machine money + Pay2Win is absurdly broken. Walk into a room, hit space. Go to next room, hit space. Boss room, hit space maybe three times, next floor.

I don't agree with the nerf, but that's why.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Also awesome is the splitting Monstro. Because getting Envy on the first floor isn't enough of a "gently caress you".

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

The Bee posted:

If you guys thought the Duke of Flies was was bad, check The Husk. He's got two sets of eternal flies guarding him!

Also double-jumping double-firing crossshot Widow, gattling gun fat flies, four flies conjoined at once, clots that fire Monstro-style shot patterns, and an absolutely terrible 6-eyed Peep. Some of these are just obscene. Although at least this version of Peep apparently has destroyable eyes.

I can't tell if I want stuff like this incorporated into Isaac's hard mode or not. Some of it seems legitimately like a fun challenge, others just seem brutal for brutal's sake.

As someone who did the Lost achievements legit this looks like a fun and not at all frustrating and bullshit game

Christ, who designs poo poo like this and thinks it's a good idea.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Not sure if they were in the game before this update, but I just encountered this guy:

That's a white Knight (:haw:). And what did he drop upon death?

An eternal heart.

Looks like they may be bringing stuff over from the new DLC faster than expected.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Not sure if they were in the game before this update, but I just encountered this guy:

That's a white Knight (:haw:). And what did he drop upon death?

An eternal heart.

Looks like they may be bringing stuff over from the new DLC faster than expected.

Yeah, that was in the game before. It's one of the rarer types of champion monsters. The white champion is immortal until you kill all the other monsters first. The other rare champion version I can think of is one that turns invisible for several seconds like those demon monsters.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Mods no longer disable Steam achievements.

PHD is bugged, it turns all pills negative instead of positive.

I was wrong about Lil Brimstone. Apparently it's been a special item for a long time and people didn't notice until now.

I made a mistake before on the explosive shots thing. It's only IPECAC shots that can't destroy donation machines and beggars. Everything else works fine.

Crack the Sky actually got buffed. It does a ton of damage now, enough to one shot some bosses, like Famine. Unfortunately, it's still hard to hit anything with the beams, so it's still terrible.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The guy Florian has playing doesn't seem to have a good grasp on mechanics of the game. It makes watching the new stuff less entertaining.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Probably because it allows you to not be instantly hosed/be forced to door dance when you get a fly in the slot machine/begger

If you have explosive tears you probably have ab overabundance of bombs anyway.

To me that comes with the risk of having exploding tears, it doesn't really make sense to make it possible to blow everything up with one explosion but then another explosion only blows up select stuff.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Codiekitty posted:

Also awesome is the splitting Monstro. Because getting Envy on the first floor isn't enough of a "gently caress you".

If the Monstro has the same HP as usual, or even reduced, it isn't too bad. Its basically a new dimension of challenge that makes you rethink how you fight Monstro. Same with the Widow, or the Hollow, or even the Peep if its eyes can be destroyed.

poo poo like the Duke of Flies, though, doesn't change anything about how the fight flows. It just slows the game down.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

The Bee posted:

If the Monstro has the same HP as usual, or even reduced, it isn't too bad. Its basically a new dimension of challenge that makes you rethink how you fight Monstro. Same with the Widow, or the Hollow, or even the Peep if its eyes can be destroyed.

poo poo like the Duke of Flies, though, doesn't change anything about how the fight flows. It just slows the game down.

I'm pretty sure his HP was recovering a little every time he split. Not completely refilling, just a little recovery. I can't double check right now because my bandwidth restrictions went back on at 8 am.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Dr. Fetus posted:

Mods no longer disable Steam achievements.

PHD is bugged, it turns all pills negative instead of positive.

I was wrong about Lil Brimstone. Apparently it's been a special item for a long time and people didn't notice until now.

I made a mistake before on the explosive shots thing. It's only IPECAC shots that can't destroy donation machines and beggars. Everything else works fine.

Crack the Sky actually got buffed. It does a ton of damage now, enough to one shot some bosses, like Famine. Unfortunately, it's still hard to hit anything with the beams, so it's still terrible.

The solution is really simple, make crack the sky basically do the same attack the final form of isaac does, with decent damage. That would make it worth the 4 room charge right there without being OP. The weakness isn't the damage crack the sky does so much as it only shoots out like 5 rays, so 80% of the time you completely whiff and do nothing at all.

something fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 7, 2015

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hell I say make it so that it continues to run until the room is exited. That plus the damage upgrade would make it finally a good item.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Dr. Fetus posted:

What exactly is special about Lil Brimstone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Xeras posted:

What exactly is special about Lil Brimstone?

It's in the Special Item pool along with things like the D6 and regular Brimstone, and having one of them makes it less likely to get another.