Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

is newreply getting ik'd or is he just continuing his latest gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

both

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

oh joy

will he be worse than pagancow? only time will tell!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Forums Terrorist posted:

is newreply getting ik'd or is he just continuing his latest gimmick

hes just a class 1 idiot op

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013

Wheany posted:

i also tried the same video on my one-year-old laptop and it's just as bad there. i don't know how toastery it is, but it's a haswell i5 4200U, apparently. i even set windows' power options to "high performance" and plugged in the power cord and even that didn't help.

That's weird, I have a good CPU (i7 4770k) but 25% for me should translate into still-playable-for-i5s even if its a mobile one. I doubt it will work, but you can try one of the latest revs of chromium. :shrug:

On that note: Chromium's flash plugin wont work for me (Edit: I forgot I had to update the path every time theres an update and apparently there was a day or two ago) even after I went through getting it to recognize the PPAPI, Here's hoping some arbitrary update fixes it (Edit: Recognizing the path automatically in Chromium would fix this). I almost like chrome/ium now though, it only took 3 years and firefox loving everything up to get to this point (Also uBlock and uMatrix are amazing)

Arcon fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Feb 7, 2015

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i just got an email from google+ suggesting "a few Google+ posts you might like"

looooool

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost

Pinterest Mom posted:

i just got an email from google+ suggesting "a few Google+ posts you might like"

looooool

all g+ posts are good (vacuously true statement)

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost
they are also all bad lol

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Pinterest Mom posted:

looooool

must've been a short email!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Cocoa Crispies posted:

must've been a short email!

this message has no content

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Please note that it is against Google Checkout's policies to purchase your own application. You will receive an error message when you try to purchase your own application.

:psypop:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

cthulhoo posted:

Please note that it is against Google Checkout's policies to purchase your own application. You will receive an error message when you try to purchase your own application.

:psypop:

ha, it's almost like google has no respect for testing software

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

theflyingexecutive posted:

ha, it's almost like google has no respect for testing software

testing software yourself is such a waste of a developer's time. just let the users tell you what's wrong and fix it in the next release. that's why it's called beta!

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

i mainly like how (yes) i have to gently caress around with apks forever on my own devices if i dare publish a paid for app

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
hmm yes someone who codes a thing will surely be baffled by the process of testing

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Apple rattled tech rivals like Google last year when it entered brick-and-mortar retail with Apple Pay, which lets people use their iPhone to pay for goods in stores. Now Google, which has long offered a similar product for Android phones that hasn’t become widely used, and Square, which helps small businesses accept credit card payments, are searching for new ways to insert themselves into the retail value chain.

Google last fall began testing a service called “Plaso” that allows people carrying Android phones to pay at retailers like Papa John’s and Panera Bread by saying their initials to employees at the cash register, according to four people who have been involved in or briefed about it.

https://www.theinformation.com/As-Apple-Payment-Strategy-Takes-Shape-Google-and-Square-Respond

lol

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

testing software yourself is such a waste of a developer's time. just let the users tell you what's wrong and fix it in the next release. that's why it's called beta!

this would sort of work if there was anyone googles users could complain to when they have problems

you can make a post in google product forums i guess

lol if you expect that to actually accomplish anything

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

cremnob posted:

Apple rattled tech rivals like Google last year when it entered brick-and-mortar retail with Apple Pay, which lets people use their iPhone to pay for goods in stores. Now Google, which has long offered a similar product for Android phones that hasn’t become widely used, and Square, which helps small businesses accept credit card payments, are searching for new ways to insert themselves into the retail value chain.

Google last fall began testing a service called “Plaso” that allows people carrying Android phones to pay at retailers like Papa John’s and Panera Bread by saying their initials to employees at the cash register, according to four people who have been involved in or briefed about it.

https://www.theinformation.com/As-Apple-Payment-Strategy-Takes-Shape-Google-and-Square-Respond

lol

by saying your initials :what:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

prefect posted:

that is a great idea
yours faithfully,
ferdinand antotio roqfor-trumman

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

prefect posted:

because surely nobody in the entire place will have the same initials!

actually now that I think about it the odds are going to be incredibly remote that two people who would use such a stupid system would be in the same store at the same time, much less that they would have the same initials

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 11, 2015

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
why does google think that doing the exact thing as apple, with just one slight detail changed, will be not obviously copycatting to anyone but some kind of rere

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think they're more like microsoft than they think, where they design solutions primarily for other people who work at google

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

if i wanted to talk to people i wouldnt be using an android

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qirex posted:

I think they're more like microsoft than they think, where they design solutions primarily for other people who work at google

this makes a lot of sense. they even have special buses to keep them separated from the outsiders, so they don't know what people do

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

most google employees have autism and this informs their product design

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I also have some doubts that many retailers or payment processors would be on board with initials as security

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
please rot13 your initials for enhanced security

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The Management posted:

please rot13 your initials for enhanced security
do it twice for double security

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
but didnt they already have a nfc payment system in place? wtf

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

saucepanman posted:

but didnt they already have a nfc payment system in place? wtf

a bad nfc system that neither customers nor merchants wanted to use

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

speaking of autism

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/tech-companies-and-vaccines/

At one Google daycare, only 49 percent of children are completely vaccinated.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

horse mans posted:

why does google think that doing the exact thing as apple, with just one slight detail changed, will be not obviously copycatting to anyone but some kind of rere

probably because they were working on it before apple pay was announced hth

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

cremnob posted:

speaking of autism

Given their parentage, they're probably all autistic regardless.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cremnob, how would you feel about a terrorist attack on google HQ

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

annapacketstormaya posted:

this would sort of work if there was anyone googles users could complain to when they have problems

you can make a post in google product forums i guess

lol if you expect that to actually accomplish anything

i opened a ticket with google enterprise support because the windows google drive client would leave 50mb of python related poo poo behind every time it didnt exit cleanly (note: it cant exit cleanly if a user logs out or shuts down, it has to be closed from the system tray). even though google drive is a core app as far as their support goes and was filling laptops with ssds up at the rate of at least 1.5gb a month, their response was that it uses pyinstall and they couldnt do anything about that because it wasnt their code.

the company is a loving joke and anyone who relies on google for anything related to the success of their business should hope they can gtfo before it all comes tumbling down.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

its best to offer stuff like this in pms :smugmrgw:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

because surely nobody in the entire place will have the same initials!

actually now that I think about it the odds are going to be incredibly remote that two people who would use such a stupid system would be in the same store at the same time, much less that they would have the same initials

no, you were right before.

in statistics classes there's a common experiment where the professor asks the class what they think the chances are that the any 2 of the 30 to 40 of them have the same birthday. it seems low, but actually it's really likely. that's just purely statistical, that doesn't have anything to do with popular birth months or anything.

run the same experiment with initials and the statistical likelihood is basically guaranteed, but you get to consider that the letter Z and X aren't very popular and the letters J and S are (Johnson, smith)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

echinopsis posted:

cremnob posted:

speaking of autism

this coupled with that LinkedIn sphincter who rode subways with contagious measles for a week means we'll get to find out pretty soon!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

PleasureKevin posted:

no, you were right before.

in statistics classes there's a common experiment where the professor asks the class what they think the chances are that the any 2 of the 30 to 40 of them have the same birthday. it seems low, but actually it's really likely. that's just purely statistical, that doesn't have anything to do with popular birth months or anything.

run the same experiment with initials and the statistical likelihood is basically guaranteed, but you get to consider that the letter Z and X aren't very popular and the letters J and S are (Johnson, smith)

james.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

cremnob posted:

at least they know their audience

fast food is about right

• Locked thread