Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Fluffdaddy posted:

Old people complain about anything and everything. Just look at Det's posting history.

Det's posting history is wonderful thanks to his contributions to the history of football thread. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

LeeMajors posted:

Ehh...the ads themselves aren't annoying when done with something resembling restraint.

Having a ridiculously huge video board just to do this...

...is just....too much to bear.

:ughh:

Tech's done a pretty neat thing with theirs. They have physical ads on the frame while the board itself is dedicated to video. It works out pretty well.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

is what the normal board setup is.

When it's not crashed and the down markers are incorrect.

Or the clock quits working on it.

Or the play clock fails.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
It's extra revenue, who cares. I'll sell ad space on our helmets to Taco Tontos if it means we can upgrade some poo poo with the extra cash flow

Taco Tontos rules btw

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Neodoomium posted:

is what the normal board setup is.

When it's not crashed and the down markers are incorrect.

Or the clock quits working on it.

Or the play clock fails.

"we were not aware of the play clock failure because our IT people refuse to wear headsets"

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I want to know more about Taco Tontos.

Raku posted:

"we were not aware of the play clock failure because our IT people refuse to wear headsets"

Pretty much every game I went to during undergrad had some sort of ridiculous problem with the scoreboard and it's been there three years now.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Miami of Ohio's scoreboard operator once had the D&D at 3rd and 72 when it was 1st and 5.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Camp Randall got a new scoreboard before the 2013 season. This was at late in the 3rd quarter of the Nebraska game this year:

Melvin Gordon: breakin' all sorts of things that day.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

LeeMajors posted:

Ehh...the ads themselves aren't annoying when done with something resembling restraint.

Having a ridiculously huge video board just to do this...

...is just....too much to bear.

:ughh:

Deloss Dodds went full on Mr. Burns after that championship season.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Sometimes I wonder if maybe the South isn't a caricature of itself, and then I find out there's a guy named Thad Turnipseed. I mean come on.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Ya'll are just jealous because your non-owning video boards do, in fact, not own.

We're getting another one of the same size in the other end zone for next season. But I'm not sure if we'll be hiring the Cheap Trick roadies for installation this time.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

You have loving lawn seating in your stadium and I get smashed for pic-a-nic baskets.

smh

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I was cleaning my living room and found a 2014 PHIL STEELE PREVIEW MAGAZINE* in a stack of magazines. Let's take a look at some bowl projections:

Orange: Marshall vs Auburn
Peach: Georgia vs Michigan State
Fiesta: UCLA vs Notre Dame
Cotton: Baylor vs Oregon
#1/#4: Florida State vs Oklahoma
#2/#3: Alabama vs Ohio State
Championship: Florida State vs Alabama
Champion: Florida State

I do not expect to see a bold paragraph about how awesome he did. I mean, yeah, he did guess three of four semis teams right and Michigan State and Baylor did go to big bowls but c'mon.

Why do I buy this thing every year anyhow?

* would it be Phil Steele without bold caps yelling words at you?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Baylor played in the Cotton Bowl. He got that one right.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Ya'll are just jealous because your non-owning video boards do, in fact, not own.

We're getting another one of the same size in the other end zone for next season. But I'm not sure if we'll be hiring the Cheap Trick roadies for installation this time.

Why does your stadium have a Comfort Inn in the endzone?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Man do I still love going to Doak

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Neodoomium posted:

Baylor played in the Cotton Bowl. He got that one right.

Oops, flipped them with TCU in my head for some reason

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Sash! posted:

Oh man Anne Frank Fanfic is going to FURIOUS at you

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Neodoomium posted:

You have loving lawn seating in your stadium and I get smashed for pic-a-nic baskets.

smh

man who has time to make fun of folks sitting on grass when they've got part of a state fair bandstand hanging over their heads

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

:laffo:

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

computer parts posted:

It's kinda hard to see (my own pic because I can't find any irl ones online) but the A&M board actually is mostly filled with useful info:

Those white areas are basically the only places that ever have advertising,

Wait, so the new scoreboard is over the Zone? What's in the end zone next to the Bright building now?

I work for A&M yet I haven't been to CS since September 2013, so I've totally missed out on the new activity

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

man who has time to make fun of folks sitting on grass when they've got part of a state fair bandstand hanging over their heads

i always preferred the "leftover from a Poison concert in 1987" description

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alouicious posted:

i always preferred the "leftover from a Poison concert in 1987" description

Yeah but thoguh already beat me to that one so I went with the backup.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

And it wasn't the guy I expected. I don't think Deontay Greenberry is getting drafted at this point.

Also Houston related, word is AD Mack Rhoades is in talks to take the same job at Missouri.

Unless Greenberry just wanted a "fresh start" to go along with the coaching change after all the other things he went through last season, I wonder who he listened to that told him entering the draft would be a good idea.

As far as Rhoades goes, his first few coaching hires were pretty poo poo but we basically hired him to get that stadium project going and he did that. If we can get another Dave Maggard to replace him, I'll be very happy.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

surrender posted:

Wait, so the new scoreboard is over the Zone? What's in the end zone next to the Bright building now?

I work for A&M yet I haven't been to CS since September 2013, so I've totally missed out on the new activity

That is the end zone next to the Bright building.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

surrender posted:

That's the (newly constructed) south end zone.

That pic was taken right about at the corner with the Zone and the student section.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Ya'll just wish that Cheap Trick would play your stadiums.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 7, 2015

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Once upon a time Styx had a concert at Bowling Green's stadium, a lot of stuff was set on fire and they refuse to acknowledge that any of it happened.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thoguh posted:

Ya'll just wish that Cheap Trick would play your stadiums.

I'd bet they would play a wedding reception for a few hundred bucks.

Or maybe play the score in an off Broadway version of Fast Times at Ridgemont High, along with Jackson Browne.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Miami of Ohio's scoreboard operator once had the D&D at 3rd and 72 when it was 1st and 5.

How would that even be possible? :lol:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Charlz Guybon posted:

Didn't something like that happen this season? Like 3rd and 50?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thoguh posted:

Didn't something like that happen this season? Like 3rd and 50?

I think UF had a little something like that with Brantley.

UGA might've had one of those too.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah. It was against Tennessee in Knoxville. The radio guy marvels at Georgia's ability to stay out of flag trouble. Then a hold. Then another hold. Then a personal foul. Then a hold. Then a personal foul on the punt.

Think it ended like 4th and 57

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Charlz Guybon posted:

I think it was a 3rd and 7 followed by an offsides that turned it into a 3rd and 2, then a massive gently caress up in the operator booth while another play was run for a first down.

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008

Wanvig posted:

Unless Greenberry just wanted a "fresh start" to go along with the coaching change after all the other things he went through last season, I wonder who he listened to that told him entering the draft would be a good idea.

As far as Rhoades goes, his first few coaching hires were pretty poo poo but we basically hired him to get that stadium project going and he did that. If we can get another Dave Maggard to replace him, I'll be very happy.

Pretty sure Greenberry's got handlers who have been giving him poo poo advice his entire career.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Sash! posted:

remember Baylor's absolutely amazing victory in the bowl season?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

LeeMajors posted:

One of those two had 3rd and 63 not too long ago.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

Does Publix still advertise heavily down there? They certainly did when I was a student there.

The presumably fraudulent transactions include deposits. The phone records will be useful in determining whether or not these two guys conspired with the two who've been caught.

Yea them and Papa John's are huge. Scott's turf builder is too for some reason

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
This is the last weird D&D situation I remember for VT.

Beat Nebraska by a single point, too. That first holding brought back a TD pass as well. Keep in mind Henery was the best PK in the country that year with a cannon for a leg and serious accuracy. He gave Nebraska all 15 of their points that day and basically anything else happening in that drive likely gives Nebraska the win and denies VT a great moment in program history.

e:

1:42 for the sequence, it's great :allears:

http://youtu.be/K3TBYKjSbUk?t=1h42m38s

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

anne frank fanfic posted:

remember Baylor's absolutely amazing victory in the bowl season?

This uniform owns. Rock the purple, Baylor.

• Locked thread