Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Slaapaav posted:

corki is poo poo hes a loving garbage champion who has a niche and when everything doesnt fit for him hes loving useless garbage. Corki is not a loving champion you play in the lcs he has no place as either a generic pick or someone to build a comp around, hes more like a pick you make when you know the stars and moons are in the correct order and then you pray to god everything doesnt end up completely hosed.

oh most definitely my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

I think double AD is actually okay against a mid Kassadin but the team comp was genuinely atrocious.

Corki as we saw obviously does very well against Kassadin in lane but once in team fights he's another assassin you can't peel.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

rabidsquid posted:

Maplestreet has two completed items at 33 minutes. One of them is boots.

And the other one was Last Whisper. If I was T8's coach I'd bench him instantly for this. This isn't some 'adapting to the game' poo poo, it's mathematically unsound to buy LW before you finish a big ticket AD item. Relegate this guy, ugh.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
how is corki a good pick against kassadin? hes a short range adc that has magic damage nukes, kassadin is a champion expected to assasinate squishies and lane against heavy duty magic damage champions with high cc and mobility that will do everything to make his life a living hell but still somehow come out alive of that situation.

Speirs
Dec 13, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

I think double AD is actually okay against a mid Kassadin but the team comp was genuinely atrocious.

Yeah Team 8 is consistently picking bad comps. Their coach looks so friggin' young too, I can't imagine he has much experience. After Week 1 he admitted he lost their game because of the horrible comp he set them up with, and it looks like it's still happening.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I dunno if you watched EULCS this week the initiating team lost a shitton of the fights. Like, across multiple games. It was a weird week.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

A lot of times the initiating team blows a ton of essential abilities and get nothing and lose the team fight as the other team initiates on their scattered team. Like in Elements v. SK yesterday.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Can they just remove Kassadin from LCS forever?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I hate Corki on a primal level and ever since I read this from Forg1ven he immediately became my favorite ADC.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
You guys ready for this? It's time for the Game of the Week...!

Also Corki loving owns, sorry :owned:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

mistaya posted:

I dunno if you watched EULCS this week the initiating team lost a shitton of the fights. Like, across multiple games. It was a weird week.

i didnt watch did any of the winning teams pick mid lane corki???? ( no they loving didnt)

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
ok i checked. unicorns of love picked corki adc and they loving lost lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Slaapaav posted:

i didnt watch did any of the winning teams pick mid lane corki???? ( no they loving didnt)
People aren't picking Corki into good team comps. Watch SKT games when they pick Ezreal with a double AD comp that actually works. It isn't a corki issue it's a "what the gently caress are you picking triple AD against Maokai" issue.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I dont get what you guys are arguing. Are you guys saying Corki is a bad pick in any lane? Or only mid lane?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Jerkface posted:

I dont get what you guys are arguing. Are you guys saying Corki is a bad pick in any lane? Or only mid lane?

slaapaav dislikes corki for some reason, and is reaching for reasons on why he's always been bad ignoring that he was nerfed a couple times recently

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I missed the last game, did C9 actually look good or just hit an underhand pitch from a pitcher with a broken arm?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Corki ADC's like 20-13 or so in the LCK right now so either it's just mid Corki that's poo poo or he's alongside Rengar as champs the West sucks at.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Zerilan posted:

Corki ADC's like 20-13 or so in the LCK right now so either it's just mid Corki that's poo poo or he's alongside Rengar as champs the West sucks at.

Corki has an above 50% win rate in NA LCS. I think maybe EU sucks at him or something. He crushes pretty hard in LCK as you said.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I like Sivir's 30% win rate. Guess not even a glitch can make her win.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Corki has an above 50% win rate in NA LCS.
Not after that game he doesn't :v: 6-7

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I missed the last game, did C9 actually look good or just hit an underhand pitch from a pitcher with a broken arm?

A lot of it was Team 8's terrible team comp, terrible play from Dodo in particular and a number of mistakes from the team in general.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

henkman posted:

slaapaav dislikes corki for some reason, and is reaching for reasons on why he's always been bad ignoring that he was nerfed a couple times recently

V5.1:
Valkyrie
Mana cost increased to 100 from 50.

V4.21:
Phosphorus Bomb
Missile speed reduced to 1000 from 1125.

There's nothing wrong with Corki and those nerfs did gently caress all to his viability, especially in the mid lane. He's one of the two best ADC mids along with Ezreal due to being a lane bully with high mobility. Works well in double AD comps due to split damage types and peaking early before people get to build tanky.

CoffeeBreak80
May 3, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

C9 looked pretty good overall. I think a lot of that can be attributed to Balls not being on Gnar (his Maokai was really strong) and Hai being on a champ with a built in flash on Kassadin so that he could escape any positioning errors (which I'd argue is is biggest weakness). Meteos' Vi put on a good showing as well, much more so than his Rek'sai has recently.

I think these champ picks were made even stronger by Team8's team comp, but they were really strong in general as well.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Last weeks TSM would absolutely crush DIG, but because TSM loves to get randomly upset im going to assume they will lose today.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

slaapaav managing to post 2 idiotic things in 2 pages

also GOGOG DIG

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
watch corki carry dig to victory.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Ihki posted:

V5.1:
Valkyrie
Mana cost increased to 100 from 50.

V4.21:
Phosphorus Bomb
Missile speed reduced to 1000 from 1125.

There's nothing wrong with Corki and those nerfs did gently caress all to his viability, especially in the mid lane. He's one of the two best ADC mids along with Ezreal due to being a lane bully with high mobility. Works well in double AD comps due to split damage types and peaking early before people get to build tanky.

I don't disagree, but thanks for posting a bunch of poo poo I don't care about

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Ihki posted:

Different iterations of "[losing team] lost because they didn't ban/first pick [opposing champion that had a lot of kills]" make for almost all of draft strategy discussion in this thread. They're rarely points of any great insight even if there is a semantic meaning of "well, letting Ahri through there might've given them a negative 6-8% chance to win in a vacuum." Usually there isn't.

It's just a really easy thing to notice that sometimes the winning side picked strong meta picks, and then to get your post-game confirmation bias going about it. Ahri is one of the stronger mid laners in 5.2 and TIP would've lost with her had Gravity not fallen apart in the latter half of the game.

like this

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Jatt hasn't managed to pronounce CloudNguyen the same way twice while Riv avoids saying it at all.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Jatt I like you but are you just ignoring that the Corejj has 2 cs?

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

henkman posted:

I don't disagree, but thanks for posting a bunch of poo poo I don't care about

Maybe, even if you're just in this thread to post rude/dumb/bored one liners, someone might have thought that Corki being mostly unchanged for competitive mid lane play was a relevant point to make. I'm sorry for quoting you while you were implying the opposite :confused:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Flameingblack posted:

Jatt hasn't managed to pronounce CloudNguyen the same way twice while Riv avoids saying it at all.

white americans are not supposed to pronounce that name correctly so i dont understand why you are pointing it out?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Flameingblack posted:

Given it's the most common Vietnamese name, you'd think it wouldn't be so hard to just, you know, look it up once given it's definitely gonna come up a lot.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Ihki posted:

Maybe, even if you're just in this thread to post rude/dumb/bored one liners, someone might have thought that Corki being mostly unchanged for competitive mid lane play was a relevant point to make. I'm sorry for quoting you while you were implying the opposite :confused:

Yes, single out my posts for some reason while slaapaav continues to post stupid poo poo that doesnt warrant anything more than dismissive one liners. Keep up the good fight, chief

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

henkman posted:

Yes, single out my posts for some reason while slaapaav continues to post stupid poo poo that doesnt warrant anything more than dismissive one liners. Keep up the good fight, chief

being singled out sucks bro i feel for you :(

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
thanks

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Dyrus why

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

henkman posted:

I, uhh, okay. I responded to two posts of yours.

Take a deep breath, dude.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Slaapaav posted:

being singled out sucks bro i feel for you :(

Poor Dyrus ):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Riv is in rare form today, who was it that said he levelled up at worlds? He has nonsense mouth right now.

• Locked thread