Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

I prefer the 122 on the T-44

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The 128 on the Rhoomba isn't accurate enough to avoid being frustrating in its optimal range and I remind myself of that every time I wish I had more alpha.

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Magres posted:

If it helps at all, I was on the other team and we didn't have fun either. 183s are stupid as gently caress on either side.

E: Is it worth running optics on the ISU-152? Thing is blind as a bat so I'm considering just doing vents/gld/rammer

I just go with the flow stay behind the main push and use pubbies to spot.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

warcrimes posted:

-said every bad pubbie everywhere

he's right.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Salean posted:

There are some things you just shouldn't speak of when in polite company.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
where is the t-34-122 because i think its the only russian tank without one

SARSfest
Oct 28, 2010

I like where this is going.
Truly life is suffering.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
I have this installed and have played once or twice.

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.

maev posted:

where is the t-34-122 because i think its the only russian tank without one
The T-34-85 can mount the 122mm U-11.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

warcrimes posted:

Sure thing, pubbie.

I am the rhoomba pubbie lord, 150mm or bust.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

SARSfest posted:

Truly life is suffering.

Who did you rage-kill?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
#highschooltankplatoon #jocktraktor #mathtraktor #exterminatepoors

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
New ranzar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDdcSaYmwtM

I swear this sounds like this thread at times. Also, pubbies at large.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

CitizenKain posted:

So what is the purpose of the Caernarvon? As being a slower Centurion doesn't really seem to be much of a benefit in exchange for mildly better gun handling.

It's way better than the Centurion 1 deal with it ross. It also has more hp and I actually bounced stuff occasionally in mine. I dunno, but my Caernarvon had a noticeably higher winrate and dpg than my other tier 8 heavies.

primelaw fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 8, 2015

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Salean posted:

How do you sleep at night?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Rincewinds posted:

How do you sleep at night?

Well at least it's not an E50 driving with the short 75mm levels of stupid.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N26UvY3kyKA
The KV-220 might be slightly OP.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Can the E-50 even mount a short 75? I've seen Pattons with short 105s though, those are always a riot. Also when the IS-4 became tier 10, a few people would drive it with the D-25, not realizing they got the top gun for free.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Ensign Expendable posted:

Can the E-50 even mount a short 75? I've seen Pattons with short 105s though, those are always a riot. Also when the IS-4 became tier 10, a few people would drive it with the D-25, not realizing they got the top gun for free.

Or they didn't get the top gun for free because they were still losing their way towards it when the conversion happened.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Watch me carry a 39% CTW team to victory in my Jagdpanther. Pay special attention to the KV-5 at the end as he fails horribly.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Can the E-50 even mount a short 75?

It can't. I'm guessing he meant the 75mm L/70 which is "short" compared to the L/100. Although I'd love to see an E50 with the stub gun.

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass
Oh come on guys One damaging shot?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Keksen posted:

It can't. I'm guessing he meant the 75mm L/70 which is "short" compared to the L/100. Although I'd love to see an E50 with the stub gun.

Yes, I meant the L70. Realizing that madness took a couple of steps though:
  1. Oh he does ~100 damage, he's shooting HE
  2. No wait, there's not much deviation to the damage and he's actually bouncing some stuff, he must be using the L100
  3. After actually looking at the model, the realization hit me. I was actually quite surprised as well that the E50 can mount a T6 gun. Though I guess it's best used for the duels against the howitzer Pattons.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I had a T-34-57 shoot HE at me the other day. I was also in a T-34, so it's not like he couldn't deal with my armour.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Would Wargaming notice if someone hypothetically abused their forums' reputation system via a script and multiple accounts :negative:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Managed to save this game today whilst earning my ELC Ace.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1604569#fiery_salient-axetrain-elc_amx

I was very lucky to highroll that KV-1 at the end there though.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

I had a T-34-57 shoot HE at me the other day. I was also in a T-34, so it's not like he couldn't deal with my armour.

Same and I was in an SU-85B. Even though it's open-topped, the splash is worthless against anything. he was hitting me for 25 and less per shot.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

James Garfield posted:

Would Wargaming notice if someone hypothetically abused their forums' reputation system via a script and multiple accounts :negative:

The posrepitron has happened before and will happen since.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

HE talk? Just 2 hours ago I was in a T14 facing off with another T14 as we swapped gold rounds and with both of us below 100 HP he mysteriously switched to HE, dealing a massive 30 damage while I murdered him with more glod. I taunted him in chat with HE? lol etc and he came back with gold? lol! Gonna assume he ran out of gold and had nothing but HE left but who the gently caress can tell.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I suck at WoT, but I really need to make credits, but i'm in a situation where I seem to lose credits every match. What tanks and/or tier do I want to do in order to make credits if I am a super scrub?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Tiers 5 and 6 are the most profitable if you don't have a tier 8 premium.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tiers 5 and 6 are the most profitable if you don't have a tier 8 premium.

FV304 and SU-85 are the best non-premium tanks for making money. They have the highest net income per game as shown here.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Anything you can comfortably do thousands of damage in whilst spotting for yourself.
For me it would probably be the M6 or Cromwell.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I suck at WoT, but I really need to make credits, but i'm in a situation where I seem to lose credits every match. What tanks and/or tier do I want to do in order to make credits if I am a super scrub?

Deal damage to earn credits

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
HE talk: past a certain point, the HE mechanic literally stops working. If you don't have some arbitrary amount of base damage or pen on the shell, the shells simply stop working like HE. The 57mm HE are basically worthless even against Waffentragers and the like, and the Luch's 3cm HE shells simply will never cause partial damage even to the gun shield of a WT100.

HE is a poo poo mechanic and is part of the reason artillery is poo poo to play and play against.

Note I did 960 to the side of a T30 with my E100's HE last night, finishing the 'damage three modules' heavy mission. Good times.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Reverse-HE talk: Had a KV-2 duel with a pubbie a while back. He was shooting AP. Not even the (still kinda lovely and unreliable)premium one, just the completely worthless vanilla AP. I pointedly ignored him bouncing shells off my turret front while blowing away a poor Crusader trying to come to his rescue, the calmly reloaded and blew him up with two HE while he kept trying and failing to pen. :downs:

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

One of the early TD missions for the T28 HTC or whatever the gently caress it is called wants you to damage a module...HE is still the best way to do that I think. Might be why some people are shooting it out of tanks you wouldn't expect.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

WayAbvPar posted:

One of the early TD missions for the T28 HTC or whatever the gently caress it is called wants you to damage a module...HE is still the best way to do that I think. Might be why some people are shooting it out of tanks you wouldn't expect.

Those people are still dumb. Just get a decent derp and shotgun some poor fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Strobe posted:

Those people are still dumb. Just get a decent derp and shotgun some poor fucker.

You know what the best derp is? WT100 with 150mm HE. Sadly that's not a heavy so I used the E100 instead.

gotta kill dem crews.