Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
whatever the system is the style and theme of this one is way more interesting out of the starting gate than the murder mystery and fear theme of 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this trailer got me to return to P4G in full force, beat that annoying boss that turned out to be a total pushover, and now the good times are a-rollin'

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Come on now, Japanese Scooby Doo was pretty fun.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
when i say 'more interesting' that does not mean that the others were 'not interesting' because of that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Persona 4 was cool, but Persona 5 is extremely my poo poo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Persona Four, more like Persona Fart.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beef Waifu posted:

Persona 4 was cool, but Persona 5 is extremely my poo poo

GBS is extremely your poo poo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

wow, surprisingly fast turnaround on the "this is godly 9999x better than p4." posts

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If the sneaking around is used to get battle advantages, it'd be neat if the combat were like SMTIV in that it sometimes boils down to who can nuke the other first, which can make stealth he difference between life and death.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

give it a rest BBG, he's fine and certainly not worse than some of the other people allowed to post here

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

stoutfish posted:

there was a lot of stuff happening on 4/11 wonder if the game just throws you right in there this time

Probably just a placeholder date

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

lesbian baphomet posted:

give it a rest BBG, he's fine and certainly not worse than some of the other people allowed to post here

stick up for a GBS mod and you and I are gonna have an issue, sorry

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the stealth mechanic, or at least the ninja teleporting and poo poo, seems like it would have to restricted to specific areas. in the trailer it looked like he was just jumping to predetermined spots.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

like who

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

thats a really easy answer in a forum where dexters secret isnt probated on sight

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

also this is dumb as poo poo. the posting about posters thing in a persona 5 thread, i mean. and i apologize for even bothering to participate in it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

also this is dumb as poo poo. the posting about posters thing in a persona 5 thread, i mean. and i apologize for even bothering to participate in it.

you're the one who decided to take some joke posts that weren't even about you seriously :D

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i think this threads arcana has leveled up as we've come to an understanding

or it is flipped idk

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

is this gonna be another huge loot fest like persona 4? or more action RPG like persona 3? maybe it will be a top down diablo-like, much like persona 2 was.... hell it could even be a driving game. like persona 1

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

that guy is a gamer who plays guilty gear and blazblue and i played other fightgames with, BBG. let us not judge him

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
i'm a horrible piece of poo poo baby who should be drugged and placed in a minefield because i hope they still have randomized dungeons

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

that guy is a gamer who plays guilty gear and blazblue and i played other fightgames with, BBG. let us not judge him

he didn't even understand what type of game persona would be lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Igor has a cool nose, and I can't wait for Persona 6 to lovingly render it in hyper HD

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
can I just say how sad it makes me to see gamers fighting other gamers in the imp zone of all places? I only hope that persona 5 can bring true gamers to their senses and stop the conflict. namaste.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Beef Waifu is cool and played Bayo 2 coop with me a bunch. I don't agree with his opinion of the final dungeon in DDS2 though.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

apropos to nothing posted:

can I just say how sad it makes me to see gamers fighting other gamers in the imp zone of all places? I only hope that persona 5 can bring true gamers to their senses and stop the conflict. namaste.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Beef Waifu is anime

Persona 5 is anime

I don't see any conflict here

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

i think this threads arcana has leveled up as we've come to an understanding

or it is flipped idk

when you max out this thread's s-link you get access to the goatse persona

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
cool lets all just accept the GBS mod :byob: :stonklol: he likes ANIME! lmfao! woohooo beef waifu isn't a fail fag with 40kj posts in the hellthread! :twisted: or wait a minute....

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
It's kinda funny how SMT just recently had its fourth game and Persona is already getting its fifth

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Looper posted:

It's kinda funny how SMT just recently had its fourth game and Persona is already getting its fifth

:whitewater: u one of those SMT vs Persona /v/irgins?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Looper posted:

I'm going to count Strange Journey as SMT even if it doesn't get a number.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Looper posted:

i dont get how thats funny

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

:whitewater: u one of those SMT vs Persona /v/irgins?

What?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Swelter Discharge posted:

i dont get how thats funny

because the spinoff series has overshadowed the main series.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Black Baby Goku posted:

thats nice, but maybe just go back to GBS instead

i dislike gbs just as much as the next guy, but beef waifu's post was pretty inoffensive don't be a dick black baby goku

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

i dislike gbs just as much as the next guy, but beef waifu's post was pretty inoffensive don't be a dick black baby goku

what don't you understand?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Black Baby Goku posted:

what don't you understand?

respect your fellow gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

because the spinoff series has overshadowed the main series.
it's not like there's much to overshadow to begin with. if it weren't for P3 , I wouldn't have even gotten into the main series.

• Locked thread