Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alain Post posted:

Bold prediction: Everyone here will hate Ricky D within 12 months.

not all that bold considering vettel was once beloved as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

be nice wicka posted:

not all that bold considering vettel was once beloved as well

once and still

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Brainwrong posted:

And also a big difference between billionaire and "billionaire."

Also, you typically don't get to become a billionaire by flushing $80 million/yr down the toilet.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Mimetic posted:

once and still

I hated Hamilton.. now I think he's ok, I hated Schumacher, yet liked his comeback, Vettle did it the wrong way round

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Alain Post posted:

Bold prediction: Everyone here will hate Ricky D within 12 months.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't care about Australians.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Thread question: Which champion are you most indifferent to? For me it's probably Button.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
As an Australian, I also dont care about australians.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Thread question: Which champion are you most indifferent to? For me it's probably Button.

Alan Jones.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Human Grand Prix posted:

Vettel

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGLTjIkJq8M

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Mika hakkinen

Aka that guy who won the championship while Michael Schumacher had a broken leg. In the boring silver car. Not Coulthard.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 8, 2015

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Which champion is the most indifferent? Kimi

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Linedance posted:

Mika hakkinen

Aka that guy who won the championship while Michael Schumacher had a broken leg. In the boring silver car. Not Coulthard.

i swear to god i'm going to murder you in your sleep

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mika's 1999 is really uninspiring tbh. I mainly remember his completely listless performance at the Nurburgring when he gives up halfway through only to suddenly start caring when the retirements startt happening.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Raikkonen

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Linedance posted:

Mika hakkinen

Oh you dirty little man

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

Stirling Moss

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Villeneuve is up there near the top of the indifference tree for me. He came into the sport with such a fanfare and then it all sort of fizzled away. I often forget he was actually the world champion.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

Villeneuve is up there near the top of the indifference tree for me. He came into the sport with such a fanfare and then it all sort of fizzled away. I often forget he was actually the world champion.

This but with Vettel.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

Brainwrong posted:

Jacques Villeneuve - Never fizzle away (2009) BMG Records

Dubs fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Feb 8, 2015

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Now imagine someone extremely bland like Vettel or Raikonnen being that awesome? poo poo from the current batch only Lewis Hamilton has the same stardom potential.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Why do I know that his first song was called "Accepterais tu"? That really is a useless fact I have stored away

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Human Grand Prix posted:

Alonso. They say he's a good driver and won championships, but that was 10 years ago or something and he's spend all the time since cheating and whining and blaming the car he's meant to develop and the other drivers on the track for not jumping out of the way.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm so indifferent to Jochen Rindt he may as well be dead

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

Brainwrong posted:

Why do I know that his first song was called "Accepterais tu"? That really is a useless fact I have stored away

Why would anyone NOT know that I ask?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Michael Schumacher. He doesn't even do interviews now. Lazy prick.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Money gone to his head? No wait that was a tree, or rock or something else hard.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Felipe "Sprung Mass" Massa posted this on the instagrams.

http://instagram.com/p/y1lG01nLUu/?modal=true

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Felipe "Sprung Mass" Massa posted this on the instagrams.

http://instagram.com/p/y1lG01nLUu/?modal=true

am i retarded? what am i looking at

answer: yes i am retarded. i did not notice this was a video. done posting for awhile

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's Susie Wolff in the car I think.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
F1 is so sexist they won't even give women drivers their own helmets. F1, the worst sport.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
They posted this pic yesterday of Massa getting some head from Suzie

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Alan Jones.

Jones and Scheckter are probably second and third after Button. Generally non-offensive, non-polarizing champions.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Button isn't the best driver to win the world title but he has an insane career arc that I kinda like.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alain Post posted:

Button isn't the best driver to win the world title but he has an insane career arc that I kinda like.

everyone thought he sucked -> wins a race
everyone still thought he sucked -> wins a title
everyone again thought he sucked -> beats hamilton
everyone inexplicably refuses to believe he doesn't suck -> ??? vs alonso

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah, also that he came in as a boy wonder who everyone thought would win the world title, then he was a washup and totally forgotten by the time Lewis Hamilton came around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
I can tell that I'm gonna end up actually looking this up, but just on memory it feels like he has to be one of the world champions who spent the greatest proportion of his career driving cars that aren't capable of winning races. Jochen Rindt may have him beaten, though obviously Rindt would have spent longer in competitive machinery had he not died in 1970.

• Locked thread