Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bobkatt013 posted:

Then again he did kill his other kid.

To be fair, that wasn't intentional. Tommy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
http://comicbook.com/2015/02/06/exclusive-arrows-diggle-david-ramsey-talks-suicide-squad-and-gre/

David Ramsey posted:

Now, John Stewart… Is John Diggle John Stewart? I cannot say “yes,” and cannot say, “no.”

[...]

I’m serious! I do know that there is serious discussion about whether or not this guy becomes John Stewart. But, I mean, I’ll say this: it is top secret. David Ramsey has asked them, and they’re like, “we’re working on some stuff.” If that’s the case, it’s gonna be huge. This is the stuff they want to avoid. I think they don’t want anybody to know yet and they haven’t even told me. They have told me that they are thinking about it and they are considering it. Greg Berlanti told me that. Andrew and Marc have told me that. I haven’t spoken to Geoff Johns about it, yet. But that’s the word from people directly involved in Arrow- that they’re working on something.

Here’s the truth of it: if I knew, I would tell you I knew and I’m not at liberty to tell you that. I probably wouldn’t tell you anyway! I would at least tell you that I know. But I honestly do not know.
:catstare:

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

:vince:

Season 6 will be the road trip season.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think if David Ramsey leaves the show before it ends then John Stewart Diggle could be one of the avenues they take to write him out. I can't see how it would work if he stuck around, unless they want balls out and gave him his own show but that feels like going too far down the rabbit hole

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

WarLocke posted:

If Ollie couldn't beat Ras no way in hell could Thea, sorry.

Just to play devil's advocate, though... she's been training in sword fighting under Merlyn (who learned from Ras), whereas swords are not Ollie's forte. It'd be a stretch, for sure, but it could maaaaybe happen. (it would never happen)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Just to play devil's advocate, though... she's been training in sword fighting under Merlyn (who learned from Ras), whereas swords are not Ollie's forte. It'd be a stretch, for sure, but it could maaaaybe happen. (it would never happen)

Yeah, but she has none of Ollie's other training (from Shado, Slade, Maseo?, and who knows who else) and Olliver is now/is going to be trained in sword-fighting by Merlyn, so...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Merlyn's a better fighter than all 3 of those guys put together though.

We've seen that. Ollie generally gets his rear end kicked when he goes up against real fighters.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Merlyn's a better fighter than all 3 of those guys put together though.

We've seen that. Ollie generally gets his rear end kicked when he goes up against real fighters.

Well yeah, no argument there. But even if his other training isn't up to par, it's training Thea doesn't have. So once Merlyn teaches Ollie what he taught Thea (and probably more, since Ollie already has a base to build off of) the gap will be that much wider.

That's why I said that if Ollie can't beat Ras then Thea obviously can't. Although I do like the idea posted that she might turn Merlyn in to Ras for [reason], I could see that happening...

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Didn't Oliver beat Merlyn in season 1?

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

Didn't Oliver beat Merlyn in season 1?

Only by stabbing himself through the chest with an arrow while Merlyn was pre-occupied with strangling him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Genetic Toaster posted:

Only by stabbing himself through the chest with an arrow while Merlyn was pre-occupied with strangling him.

Which one of them is legally dead? :colbert:

Hell, Oliver beat the friggin' FLASH earlier this season. (Draw, my rear end. Barry wanted to kill Ollie,Ollie wanted Barry cured. Oliver got the result he wanted. He won.)

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Both of them. :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I said is. Not was.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Hell, Oliver beat the friggin' FLASH earlier this season. (Draw, my rear end. Barry wanted to kill Ollie,Ollie wanted Barry cured. Oliver got the result he wanted. He won.)

Diggle won.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Genetic Toaster posted:

Oliver is a master at taking chest wounds, obviously he manipulated Ras into stabbing him in just the right non-fatal spot.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Oliver is a master at taking chest wounds, obviously he manipulated Ras into stabbing him in just the right non-fatal spot.

Judging by pictures posted earlier in this thread it's more likely he manipulated the wound itself to a less fatal spot after the stabbing occurred.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Also why would the MASTER OF ASSASSINS not stab you in the heart? Why miss?

Some other (small?) thing that's been bugging me is them really focusing on Roy as the main character of Team Arrow while Ollie was gone. Like he was the guy going "alright, team, let's move." I know he's the one with a costume, but come on, Diggle was here before any of y'all. And he has way more life experience. Even if he's a bad shot with a bow it should have been Team Diggle, not Team Unnecessary Flip, goddamn it.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

BSam posted:

Judging by pictures posted earlier in this thread it's more likely he manipulated the wound itself to a less fatal spot after the stabbing occurred.
Ollie was dead, until the Flash time traveled back to have him be stabbed in a different location.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Lord Hydronium posted:

Ollie was dead, until the Flash time traveled back to have him be stabbed in a different location.

Ollie didn't fall down that cliff. Barry caught him right under the ledge and ran down the side of it with him. :spergin:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

WarLocke posted:

Well yeah, no argument there. But even if his other training isn't up to par, it's training Thea doesn't have. So once Merlyn teaches Ollie what he taught Thea (and probably more, since Ollie already has a base to build off of) the gap will be that much wider.

That's why I said that if Ollie can't beat Ras then Thea obviously can't. Although I do like the idea posted that she might turn Merlyn in to Ras for [reason], I could see that happening...

The vast majority of training and experience that Ollie has gotten is with bow and arrow. Slade trained him in hand-to-hand combat for literally ten days, nothing more, and only so that he wouldn't die right away when they attack the paramilitary camp to get on the supply plane. Right after that, Shado took over and the rest of Ollie's training on the island was with bow and arrow.

In contrast, Thea has been training under Merlyn for an entire year if not more. And in this episode she defeated him when they were sparring, which means that she has gotten very, very good at sword-fighting, definitely much better than Ollie. Sure, Ollie has spent more time fighting, but one can only learn so much fighting common street thugs.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

enraged_camel posted:

The vast majority of training and experience that Ollie has gotten is with bow and arrow. Slade trained him in hand-to-hand combat for literally ten days, nothing more, and only so that he wouldn't die right away when they attack the paramilitary camp to get on the supply plane. Right after that, Shado took over and the rest of Ollie's training on the island was with bow and arrow.

In contrast, Thea has been training under Merlyn for an entire year if not more. And in this episode she defeated him when they were sparring, which means that she has gotten very, very good at sword-fighting, definitely much better than Ollie. Sure, Ollie has spent more time fighting, but one can only learn so much fighting common street thugs.

They were on that island for months after the mercs left befor the Amazo showed up..

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

enraged_camel posted:

Remember that Arrow tries to follow real-time; Thea can't have trained with Merlyn for more than about nine months at this stage, which is about the same amount of time Roy trained with Ollie. Furthermore, we've seen about half of Ollie's time away, so it's entirely possible - indeed, likely - that there's a significant amount of time that Ollie trained that we haven't seen.

That said, I do think that Ollie would have fared better against Ra's if he had a bow and arrow.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Maybe the Bratva are renowned for their close quarters combat skills

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone with too much time on their hands would have to make a list of how much time Ollie had certain teachers.

Like I don't feel that his training from Slade could contribute a whole lot to fighting the League, and he doesn't seem to be doing any training in Hong Kong at all.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The bathhouse scene in Eastern Promises supports this claim.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-8hOKNbtxg

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

VagueRant posted:

Also why would the MASTER OF ASSASSINS not stab you in the heart?

So you'd still be conscious for the fall that would turn your bones into jello on impact. And because even if you didn't die to either of those insanely fatal things, lying half naked on a peak like that with the chest wound for about an hour would be enough to kill you too. There's really no end to the amount of insanely bullshit things Ollie just happened to survive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can't give someone a cool death speech when you stab them in the heart.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

You can't give someone a cool death speech when you stab them in the heart.

The speech was in Arabic. Oliver doesn't speak Arabic. (Insert "Har-har, neither does Matt Nable" joke here)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He can get a translation in hell.

...Probably a lot of Arabic speakers down there.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Boogaleeboo posted:

So you'd still be conscious for the fall that would turn your bones into jello on impact. And because even if you didn't die to either of those insanely fatal things, lying half naked on a peak like that with the chest wound for about an hour would be enough to kill you too. There's really no end to the amount of insanely bullshit things Ollie just happened to survive.

Don't forget that he had to do some really serious rock-climbing before the fight. He should have been too exhausted to have a duel immediately afterward!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I hope Ras fights Ollie again after his training and still kills him. :smug:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What I realized about Ollie's entire post-death arc is how basic it is.

"You guys should come to Starling!"

"We can't."

"Yeah, but...you guys should come to Starling!"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

He can get a translation in hell.

...Probably a lot of Arabic speakers down there.

Dude come on now, too soon and poo poo.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Met David Ramsey today and he owns. He was talking about how he wanted Arrow to do a musical episode to call out Jesse L. Martin and Grant Gustin. I asked him if they should get NPH as Music Meister and he said "definitely." :flashfap:

He also said that everyone's been asking him "When are you going to get a power ring" too.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Scyantific posted:

Met David Ramsey today and he owns. He was talking about how he wanted Arrow to do a musical episode to call out Jesse L. Martin and Grant Gustin. I asked him if they should get NPH as Music Meister and he said "definitely." :flashfap:

He also said that everyone's been asking him "When are you going to get a power ring" too.

So how big are his arms? Huge or Mega-huge?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
John Stewart Diggle...Driver without fear and a power ring.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PaganGoatPants posted:

So how big are his arms? Huge or Mega-huge?
They're pretty massive, definitely more so than Barrowman's, who I also met today. Funny story about JB too, we were waiting in line to get autographs and the moment he walked in and got to his seat, the first thing he said was "WAIT, BEFORE WE DO ANY SIGNING, let me take a picture with this badass Arsenal standing right here." And he did. Asked him if there was more to his training of Thea and he said we'd have to wait and see.

The only one I didn't get to see today was Amell, because (naturally) his autograph line and Q&A session was PACKED to the brim, which was kind of surprising considering there were tons of Dr. Who fans there who were also wanting to see Barrowman and Alex Kingston, who combined didn't even have half the line that Amell did. Gonna head back tomorrow to see him/get autographs though. Hopefully early.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Met Amell & Manu Bennett at last year's Vancouver Fan Expo last spring and I cannot emphasize enough about how cool these guys are in person. One of the great things about being a fan of this show regardless of how you think the story arc is going is knowing what a humble, unabashed person the leading man is behind the scenes and the respect and appreciation he has for the people who have helped make this show a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Really sorry, can't find it. Does any one have the Diggle H.I.V. gif handy?

• Locked thread