Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Inflammatory posted:

because the spinoff series has overshadowed the main series.

To be fair it took like 9 years for Nocturne to come out after SMTII and took almost 10 for SMTIV. The life cycle on mainline games is longer than the life cycle on sequels for spinoff games in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

if you count spinoffs there is a new megaten game every two years or so without persona come on

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this is all the same loving poo poo, jesus loving christ you goddamn fred fucks

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Will they add new Waifus in this game? [waifu means wife in american]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

*pushes anime glasses up on face so the glass reflects* actually I'm going to count Super Mario Sunshine as a part of the main game series, even though the it is vastly different than the mainline Mario series then it is still in the same spirit and takes place in the same universe. Similarly then I will count Super Mario RPG in the mainline series but not Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door due to its vastly different artstyle and setting which obviously take place in the universe C-1 of the Marioverse PERSONA *shoots self with a desert eagle gunblade*

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
*shoots self in the head with fire flower, Luigi appears and fucks everyone up*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

actually gas this thread and probate the two gbs fucktards who posted before me

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bolverkur posted:

*pushes anime glasses up on face so the glass reflects* actually I'm going to count Super Mario Sunshine as a part of the main game series, even though the it is vastly different than the mainline Mario series then it is still in the same spirit and takes place in the same universe. Similarly then I will count Super Mario RPG in the mainline series but not Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door due to its vastly different artstyle and setting which obviously take place in the universe C-1 of the Marioverse PERSONA *shoots self with a desert eagle gunblade*

What in God's name are you talking about.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

What in God's name are you talking about.

how retarded it is not to count all these games as the same overall series

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Bolverkur posted:

durrr

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bolverkur posted:

Your post was so incredibly gay any stupid rear end point you might have been making disappeared into the ether.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
does anyone remember shoop da whoop

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
if there's one place where gamers should be posting at their highest level, it's in the persona 5 thread. please before submitting your posts here, reread them and ask yourself "would Chie approve of this post?" if you can't honestly answer yes, then rethink it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm not trying to diss either series :confused:

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
I am ready for this game, and all the theory crafting to come in the next few months. Also why is this team's mascot a CatDog?

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

crazkylo posted:

why is this team's mascot a CatDog?

because cat puns

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Main Character
Protagonist
???

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

apropos to nothing posted:

if there's one place where gamers should be posting at their highest level, it's in the persona 5 thread. please before submitting your posts here, reread them and ask yourself "would Chie approve of this post?" if you can't honestly answer yes, then rethink it.

No

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

I liked Soulja Boy ever since he made that one video where he made the guy who made Braid cry by not taking his art game seriously.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I was about halfway through Persona 3 when my PS3 got bricked, and I don't own anything that can play Persona 4. Excited for this game, probably gonna try to start and finish 3 before playing it though.

Dec 26, 2012

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

Now I'm imagining Soulja Boy making covers of Persona music.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soulja Boy has always been a hardcore gamer. No surprise that he likes the good poo poo in life.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I wonder who his favorite character is in the Persona games. Probably Kanji.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I wonder who he thinks is best girl

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Trailer's almost at 2 million views now.

Just so you know.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Terper posted:

Just so you know.

half of those views are people in this thread

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Terper posted:

Just so you know.

Thanks.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You're welcome.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

stoutfish posted:

half of those views are people in this thread

Actually all of them are me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hi

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I like the new sonic reimaging.

Much better than 06 and Boom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

soulja boy has a newgrounds profile from like 2005 and in his bio he mentions that he really likes anime and video games

• Locked thread