Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Lockback posted:

Is "small guard becomes a good defensive player" just a Brad Stevens thing?

Avery Bradley has had his defensive rep since high school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Lockback posted:

Is "small guard becomes a good defensive player" just a Brad Stevens thing?

Wasn't that Smart's college rep?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I thought Smart was supposed to be a good defensive player but not as good as he has shown. You could easily swap and say under Brad Stevens they've put a premium on good defensive perimeter guys.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Lockback posted:

I thought Smart was supposed to be a good defensive player but not as good as he has shown. You could easily swap and say under Brad Stevens they've put a premium on good defensive perimeter guys.

Bradley's been on the team forever, but who else is a good perimeter defender asides from Smart?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Smart was the best defensive guard prospect in a really long time. That and his size were pretty much the only things he had going for him aside from a lot of intangible bullshit. He got a ton of steals in college, which is actually a way better indicator of future NBA success than you'd think.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Lots of rumors going around that George Karl could be the next Kings coach.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Man, Anthony Davis is lucky he didn't Bogut himself tonight. That fall could have been disastrous

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Beers on Mason Plumlee
http://streamable.com/2ca

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Glumslinger posted:

Man, Anthony Davis is lucky he didn't Bogut himself tonight. That fall could have been disastrous

Well, he left the game and won't come back. Also, New Orleans is really, really bad without AD

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

That I guess is why the Bulls are actually winning a basketball game.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

Well, he left the game and won't come back. Also, New Orleans is really, really bad without AD

They aren't nearly as bad as they look tonight. They are also missing their second best player and are on the second game of a back to back after playing on the road. And their depth after the top 8 (now 6) is terrible.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

big boi posted:

Lots of rumors going around that George Karl could be the next Kings coach.

There are rumors he takes over in Orlando, too

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

BIZORT posted:

There are rumors he takes over in Orlando, too

Orlando being run as a Karl team could be amazing

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Bucks' away jersey is one of the best in the league imo

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Yeah Karl in Orlando could be fun.

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

That Mirotic to E'Twaun Moore oop from garbage time: https://vine.co/v/OUAw1Adj5tl

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
welp that didn't last long

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

They aren't nearly as bad as they look tonight. They are also missing their second best player and are on the second game of a back to back after playing on the road. And their depth after the top 8 (now 6) is terrible.

At this point I kind of have to figure the "if they stay healthy" thing is just a way to fool myself. A team that gets injured this much, this consistently, has probably got a bad mix of health and training staff that is not going to go away.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Deus Rex posted:

That Mirotic to E'Twaun Moore oop from garbage time: https://vine.co/v/OUAw1Adj5tl

I know it was garbage time but Mirotic had a bunch of good passes in that game.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm not a huge fan of Corbin but it really sucks for him. He was thrust into a terrible situation, filling in for a fired head coach who the players love and given zero respect because they knew he was out the door at the end of the year. And while they haven't gone out and said it, everyone and their mother knows the FO is actively pursuing a replacement for him right now.

But if the FO was as blunt and transparent, as they were with Gentry, about their intentions to replace Malone with him when they hired for the assistant coach position, then I guess he had this coming

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 8, 2015

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

@EarlKSneed
Mavs owner Mark Cuban is ready to take Kevin Durant up on his offer to play 1-on-1 for his All-Star spot: "I beat Dirk, I can beat him.

This is going to end with Robert Pera seriously trying to challenge someone to 1-on-1 to get into the game

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

@EarlKSneed
Mavs owner Mark Cuban is ready to take Kevin Durant up on his offer to play 1-on-1 for his All-Star spot: "I beat Dirk, I can beat him.

This is going to end with Robert Pera seriously trying to challenge someone to 1-on-1 to get into the game

:pray: please happen

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Wizard beat writer for the Washington Post

Jorge Castillo @jorgeccastillo · 31m 31 minutes ago
Gortat: “At the end of the day, it’s Brooklyn. We can’t get too excited.”

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Boogieeeeeeee

@WojYahooNBA
Yahoo Sources: The resistance to George Karl hiring by Cousins' camp has stalled talks and given sides pause about pushing through on deal.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

sba posted:

Boogieeeeeeee

@WojYahooNBA
Yahoo Sources: The resistance to George Karl hiring by Cousins' camp has stalled talks and given sides pause about pushing through on deal.

Apparently it's not Boogie it's his agents. His day to day agent got demoted by Karl in Denver and Karl's son had the same lead agent as Cousins but ended up firing him (:lol: as if some scrub can blame someone else for not being in the league). Of course if it wasn't true Boogie could always say "you guys represent me stop making me look like an rear end in a top hat" to them so who knows. I'm not the biggest Karl fan and his passive-aggressive poo poo probably isn't the best mix with Cousins

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Bring Rick Adelman out of retirement. At least they could finally dominate the Lakers (in the regular season).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Byron Scott goes into a deep, dark corner of Staples Center. He finds a box labeled "Phil Jackson Productions." He reaches for one of the VHS tapes inside, he blows the dust off.

The title is revealed: Rick Adelman = Hitler

"Ah, there we go"

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Spoeank posted:

welp that didn't last long

Shame. Was really looking forward to the Coby Karl career renaissance.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Karl would be a great fit for Orlando. It would be good fun to see those guys running every night.

morestuff posted:

The metro population of KC is double that of Fresno, and it wouldn't have to cannibalize a market like Mesa. KC has to deal a little bit with the sprawl problem, but it also has a enough basketball-happy people that it could probably weather bad years pretty well.

You're correct about that. But someone did a study and found that revenue correlated with city rather than metro area size. If I'm not imagining it, this is why I think these cities are less suited.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Karl and Boogie together would be a disaster so I am not surprised by these rumors. Karl really needs to be in Orlando.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Deus Rex posted:

Most shocking thing in that is seeing Jimmy Butler wearing warm-ups during a blow-out. Shouldn't he be on the court for no apparent reason?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Karl in Orlando would be a beautiful thing, so poo poo yeah I hope the Sacramento talks break down.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Sixers beat Charlotte with a 3 party from Covington and Hollis Thompson.

Covington may have the best NBA contract in terms of value.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

ball on his brother
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAqd1Us88S0

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

@ailene_voisin
Coaching hires often come down to term and dollars. Bigger issue in Karl-Kings talks than resistance from Cousins' camp

Vivek might be pennypinching since he still has to pay Malone for the next two seasons, which would be hilarious if Mr. Business Speak doesn't understand the concept of sunk cost

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Philly already has 12 wins! BEFORE the All-Star break!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Blazers have now played 2 games this season where a team is up by 10 with 2 minutes or less left in the 4th then lost. They beat the Thunder on December 23 and lost to the Mavs tonight. Both games went to OT. I wonder when the last time a team was involved with 2 of these games in 1 season.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

roundmidnight posted:

Philly already has 12 wins! BEFORE the All-Star break!

Lakers might end up with the worst record in the league after all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/mikegrich/status/564280889765396482

Ouch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Lakers might end up with the worst record in the league after all