Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Lincoln posted:

• Do tables at Spice Road table come with a view of Illuminations?
• Is there the remotest chance we can get reservations to the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party or Be Our Guest? We're hosed on both aren't we? Remember: mid-April.
• Will we need to/can we make reservations for Trader Sam's?
• We won't have our Magic Bands for a while. Can we start booking Fast Passes now?
• Can you still use Fast Passes to reserve seats for parades/fireworks?

1. Spice Road is overlooking the lagoon and depending on where you sit you should have a damned good view of Illuminations. I tell you this because we ate there last month and had perfect seats.
B. You are probably hosed
III. Trader Sam's is slated for May-June by my sources also its more like a lounge than a restaurant according to everything I read.
- I think you can book if you have your MyMagic account active
++ Yes, hard to get, not worth it considering you can get pretty good viewing without having to camp out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomato Soup
Jan 16, 2006

They're stopping the fast pass thing for lunch at BOG and going to ADRs starting Feb 25 so if you don't mind doing lunch there, you've got a chance!

I'm going in March and we were able to book FPs no problem without magic bands (soon!!!) but MDE was being weird and somehow we each had a completely different time for Splash Mountain somehow :psyduck: Good thing that I caught it before our MK day!

Tomato Soup fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 6, 2015

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Nice to know they don't want anybody to walk up for BOG ever, I guess?

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
So, we need to do what now? Try to get an ADR at 12:01 AM on the 25?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Skeezy posted:

Nice save.

I imagine all the cast members get the Manchurian Candidate treatment

"Walt Disney is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

I imagine all the cast members get the Manchurian Candidate treatment

"Walt Disney is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

As a former cast member this is how I remember it being lol

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
The "friends" thing is something I just do out of habit, because I am so used to being around children and saying "so and so plays this princess" is an easy way to ruin a kids day, so I try to watch it.

I hope BOG doesn't lose the standby line for lunch, because that's a real bad thing if they take it away (not to mention I'll have to deal with it if I am strollers at Belle.)

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Lincoln posted:

Hallelujah. Finally booked our first trip in three years. I WROTE THE FREAKING OP AND WE HAVEN'T BEEN IN THREE YEARS. Sorry, Braksgirl, wife booked the vacation from work today without telling me. If I had known, I would have told her to call you. I'm usually the one that does that.

No worries! I'll just offer up this option...if you haven't paid in full, we could do a transfer. It's just a simple form you'd have to fill out. No big deal if you don't want to bother, just throwing it out there. I hope you have a fantastic trip! Waiting until November is going to kill me, I swear to jeebus.

Tomato Soup
Jan 16, 2006

Lincoln posted:

That's what I'm doing. I just hope I don't forget about it and make plans to go out that night or something. I'm assuming that it's 12:01 AM EST so I'll start looking at 9 PM PST. No idea about the standby lines. I'm not sure how to feel about this change coming out so close to my dates because I don't know if it'll still be a mess or not.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

demonR6 posted:

III. Trader Sam's is slated for May-June by my sources also its more like a lounge than a restaurant according to everything I read.

If its going to be like the one at Disneyland, it's wayyy more of a lounge than a restaurant. It's a tiki bar.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

BlueBayou posted:

If its going to be like the one at Disneyland, it's wayyy more of a lounge than a restaurant. It's a tiki bar.

Which is what I have read on the blogs and what I heard from my in-law as well.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Hey Lincoln, you're in the world the same time as me!

I've read about bog lunch being changed, but I didn't know it was confirmed they were moving to adr system. That's good news to me, as now it's easier to snag. I wonder if breakfast will be rolling out at the same time...

Flower and garden 2015 is shaping up to be cool this year. I'm kind of bummed that the singer for the weekend I'm at Epcot is some dude I've never heard of. My first day at the world is going to be the village people, but I'm planning for animal kingdom that day. Oh well...

The GF and I are really interested in the flowers. Am I nuts for considering the three hour gardens of the world tour? I keep calling to check on when that's coming available but nobody at Disney seems to know...

I've sperged hard and made up my fp+ spreadsheet to use on Tuesday when making my reservations. Disney kicks rear end for planning enthusiasts!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Getting a BOG dinner reservation isn't THAT hard. Wait until 2 weeks out and then just start checking continuously throughout the day.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

So how accurate are the weather reports for when you are actually in the parks, I mean the masses of people moving to and fro must have an impact in temperature? I ask because the family picked about one of the worst time to get together and go to the parks(both in crowds and weather), and it looks like cold weather(for Floridians) is predicted for next weekend. Seems like it won't break above low 60 and just go down after sundown.

First time I have had to think about bring a jacket to the parks as I've never gone when its been cold and windy.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I'm a native Floridian and I don't wear a jacket until after 8p in this weather we have had recently. Same with shorts, I only wear jeans in the evening.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

What kind of dress is needed for April? Can I plan on just packing shorts or will the nights get cool enough to need jeans?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
god I loved cool florida nights. There's nothing quite like rocking shorts and a T then driving around with your windows/top down and heater on. winter in the cretaceous period~

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I would suggest to bring jeans for evenings.

Eglamore
Apr 19, 2005

Walker told me I have AIDS.
I'm going to be at Disney (All-Star Sports!) in April, from the 19th-25th, so I'm just missing a bunch of you guys. I did all the booking myself and got a pretty good deal but holy crap I don't know if I'll do it again.

We're going to be north of Orlando for a few days first for my grandma's 100th birthday, and I called up Disney to see if they do anything special for that, and the answer was a resounding "you can order a cake, I guess". We do have family stuff planned for the 17th-18th, but is there anything, dining, etc, that would be a good thing to do for a treat? Either in Disney or around the area in general? I probably need to be more specific to really get a better answer. She still walks a few miles a day, etc, but I donno that she'd be interested in doing parks or whatever. Sorry if it's off-topic, I'm racking my brain on this one, and not coming up with a whole lot.

Eglamore fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 11, 2015

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Well you could go for a Fancy McFancypants dinner. I'm really stoked to be going to Victoria and Albert's on my trip. It's one of just a handful of five diamond restaurant in the US (around 30 I think). Dinners are long and expensive, but for such a milestone, it'd be super cool.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Eglamore posted:

I'm going to be at Disney (All-Star Sports!) in April, from the 19th-25th, so I'm just missing a bunch of you guys. I did all the booking myself and got a pretty good deal but holy crap I don't know if I'll do it again.

We're going to be north of Orlando for a few days first for my grandma's 100th birthday, and I called up Disney to see if they do anything special for that, and the answer was a resounding "you can order a cake, I guess". We do have family stuff planned for the 17th-18th, but is there anything, dining, etc, that would be a good thing to do for a treat? Either in Disney or around the area in general? I probably need to be more specific to really get a better answer. She still walks a few miles a day, etc, but I donno that she'd be interested in doing parks or whatever. Sorry if it's off-topic, I'm racking my brain on this one, and not coming up with a whole lot.

How much are you willing to spend?

If I remember correctly there's a special team at Disney designed for putting together special events (like weddings, but also other things). Quick Google found the link http://disneyeventgroup.com They look like they're primarily for larger events, but if you contact them and be like "I've got a budget of X" they may be able to help or point you in the right direction. They have the ability to set up special viewing areas for fireworks etc. which might be nice.

There's also a Disney World email that I can't locate at the moment (it's like Customer Response team or something like that) which generally deals with complaints etc. that people experience at Disney World. I'll see if I can track it down. If you email them and are like "We want to do something awesome for my Grandma's 100th birthday" they may be able to come up with better suggestions than "I guess you could order a cake"

ETA: Found the guest communication email: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com. Shoot them an email, give them your dates you'll be there, if you've got a budget, and ask if there's anything cool that could be organized for a 100th birthday. Also be like "Ordering a cake is nice, but is there anything else that could be done".

Happitoo fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 11, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Richard M Nixon posted:

Well you could go for a Fancy McFancypants dinner. I'm really stoked to be going to Victoria and Albert's on my trip. It's one of just a handful of five diamond restaurant in the US (around 30 I think). Dinners are long and expensive, but for such a milestone, it'd be super cool.

We went to V&A for our first wedding anniversary. I am the more adventurous foodie and ended up eating most of her meal as well as mine.

"What is this?"

"Soft boiled quail egg.."

"YUK!"

slides over to me.

That was more or less the entire meal minus a couple of things and dessert, it was over $400 well spent imho. We have the custom menu still.. I will have her dig it up so I can tell you what it consisted of at that time.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 11, 2015

Eglamore
Apr 19, 2005

Walker told me I have AIDS.
Thanks for the replies guys! Don't think I'm going to be able to drop down "EVENTS" type money, particularly since I was just hoping to do something nice after the family reunion party on the 17th. We'll be at Disney for a week after that and it'd be kinda lovely to NOT see her again during that time, so it looks like something like a dinner might be the way to go. I'll write the guest communications team and see where we can go from there.

Tomato Soup
Jan 16, 2006

Does your grandma have a favorite Disney movie or character or something? They might be able to do something related to that.

Or, I've seen some pictures of people eating at Coral Reef and getting surprised by a message from the scuba divers. That might be a cool thing to do for your grandma that's not just a cake. No idea if they still do this though.

Lincoln posted:

Just found something here that says reservations will open at 6 AM on the 25th. I'm going to try looking at midnight EST then if it's really 6 AM, I guess I'm going to have to stay up until 3 AM PST.

And Disney CS is amazing but kind of scary in how much they can know :stare: I emailed guest services from my personal email regarding some requests I had and they weren't able to do them but offered FP's which I accepted. They added them to my MDE and mentioned my mom by name so I definitely know they got the right reservation but I used my work email for MDE. A bit creepy but not complaining!

P.S. Magic bands arrived yesterday! Already covered mine in sparkly nail polish to look pretty :3:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Tomato Soup posted:

Does your grandma have a favorite Disney movie or character or something? They might be able to do something related to that.

Or, I've seen some pictures of people eating at Coral Reef and getting surprised by a message from the scuba divers. That might be a cool thing to do for your grandma that's not just a cake. No idea if they still do this though.

Just found something here that says reservations will open at 6 AM on the 25th. I'm going to try looking at midnight EST then if it's really 6 AM, I guess I'm going to have to stay up until 3 AM PST.

And Disney CS is amazing but kind of scary in how much they can know :stare: I emailed guest services from my personal email regarding some requests I had and they weren't able to do them but offered FP's which I accepted. They added them to my MDE and mentioned my mom by name so I definitely know they got the right reservation but I used my work email for MDE. A bit creepy but not complaining!

P.S. Magic bands arrived yesterday! Already covered mine in sparkly nail polish to look pretty :3:

They're adding BOG to the ADR reservation system and the days cycle at 6am EST. This is the same for all ADRs, so at midnight you won't have any luck. The system will probably be on fire at 6am also, so good luck. (I'll be online doing the same thing)

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

Holy shitsnacks, they have a Haunted Mansion party theme! That's really awesome. If only I had all the money in the world...

http://www.wdwdvm.com/brochures/brochurefiles/Room_for_One_More-Haunted_Mansion.pdf

Does anyone know how much an even like this would run? I know it depends on the size, but what's, say, the mid-sized price? I'm just curious.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm moving back to FL so I get to go back to Disney more often :)

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Paul Allen posted:

Holy shitsnacks, they have a Haunted Mansion party theme! That's really awesome. If only I had all the money in the world...

http://www.wdwdvm.com/brochures/brochurefiles/Room_for_One_More-Haunted_Mansion.pdf

Does anyone know how much an even like this would run? I know it depends on the size, but what's, say, the mid-sized price? I'm just curious.

I would guess in the tens of thousands of dollars.

I know at one point you could actually book your party inside the haunted mansion after the park closed. Like they turned the stretching room(s) into dining areas and stuff like that. No idea if that can still happen. (yes, I had looked into this too during one of my "if I won the lottery" daydreams). I'm pretty sure if you pay the right amount of money they'll let you do anything.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Is the Cinderella Suite available at any price, or is it invite-only?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Invite only, but I bet it could somehow be reserved if you had five or six figures to toss around.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

Invite only, but I bet it could somehow be reserved if you had five or six figures to toss around.

Rumor was Tom Cruise had to make a $500,000 donation to a Disney charity in order to stay there for a week or something.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Ah crud, the person who was making fast passes for the group tommorrow, just told us that they mistakenly only did it for themselves. and when they try to copy over their fast pass to the rest of the group it won't let him get the same rides and times. Right now he's the only one with 7 dwarves on their band and there aren't anymore. From a preliminary google search, it seems the CM at the fastpass kiosks have the shadowrunner skills to copy it over fully to us, or is my group going to have to someone removed from their Christmas cards list and add a name to the book of grudges?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Sometimes they can copy them over and sometimes they can't. It just depends on the CM, I think.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams
Just booked my trip through Braksgirl (thanks so much!) Nov 12-21. Will be able to catch the tail end of Food & Wine, and then be able to actually wander around Epcot the following week without all the drunken idiots I remember from my last trip.

Only 9 months to go...

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Woo! I'll actually be there from the 9th - 14th. Fingers crossed that the F&W extension doesn't make the crowds too heavy.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'll be there Sept 17th-25th (of course I leave the day F&W starts) with a free dining bounceback. We get to make our ADRs in about a month and I'm so stoked. This is my third September trip in a row.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

In June I'll be down at WDW for a week, we are going to hit Universal for a day. What is the better plan, rent a car or use the various transportation options available?

I'm thinking a rental car because from what I have seen the round trip cost for 4 or 5 on the Mears shuttles is expensive.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Douchebag posted:

In June I'll be down at WDW for a week, we are going to hit Universal for a day. What is the better plan, rent a car or use the various transportation options available?

I'm thinking a rental car because from what I have seen the round trip cost for 4 or 5 on the Mears shuttles is expensive.

I did this the past year and used a Mears car with four people. Honestly I think it was kinda worth it if you're willing to take the hit. Round trip was $100 even, so $25 each. But the dude picked us up right at Caribbean Beach and then return dropped us off at Epcot to catch Illuminations. It was pretty great.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Douchebag posted:

If you are staying at the resort then I would say stick to Disney transportation. For the one off to Universal you can take a shuttle and be done with it. A rental car means you may end up at one of the outlet malls.. your credit card will thank me for avoiding this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

drat they're taking their sweet time releasing the full list of Flower and Garden food booths. I've seen the parks blog about some of the stuff they're having, but by this time last year there were full menus online. I just want to start getting hungry now...:smith: