Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I hate the 5ds dub opening and wish it were easier to skip on Hulu. But yeah the GX one is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Silento posted:

I don't know how 4Kids got the opening so right when they dubbed Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh, but managed to gently caress up a bunch of their other shows' openings (One Piece, Tokyo Mew Mew) so badly.

the one piece rap owns

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

dogsicle posted:

I hate the 5ds dub opening and wish it were easier to skip on Hulu. But yeah the GX one is great.

I like the third dub opening option they had where it was literally all about how cool Jack Atlas is.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

dogsicle posted:

You may have no soul. The 5Ds one is the most inexplicably awesome thing to come out of 4kids.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

forbidden lesbian posted:

the one piece rap owns

Seconding this.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Personally, I'd have to say this one is my favorite of the bunch.

I have to wonder who thought the lyrics "I can hear you breathing" had anything to do with Yugioh.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I will say that I prefer the GX subs to dubs... but I will also bring up that I never got GX on TV and wound up watching through to the Society of Light arc with just Raws because Yu-gi-oh is very effective at getting a point across even in another language.

But I will say the GX dub is pretty loving funny.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Arc V has pleasantly surprised me with its music, especially the cheesy second ED sung by Yuuya and Reiji. Not that I've watched the entirety of any other series to compare, but 4 for 4 seems hard to beat.

Dabir posted:

You may have no soul. The 5Ds one is the most inexplicably awesome thing to come out of 4kids.

How is this possible when HANGIN OUT WITH YOUR CREW IN THE SCHOOLYARD exists?

e: I listened to it again and maybe it's growing on me. Still, it's not among the best. :colbert:

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 7, 2015

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Kay Kessler posted:

Personally, I'd have to say this one is my favorite of the bunch.

I have to wonder who thought the lyrics "I can hear you breathing" had anything to do with Yugioh.

As someone trying to grind through the 5Ds backlog, I have to say how the hell did this not win the contest instead of whatever the hell disjointed crap was actually chosen as the song.

Dabir posted:

:troll:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Onmi posted:

But I will say the GX dub is pretty loving funny.

IT LOOKS LIKE THE FANS WANT THE D

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Silento posted:

I don't know how 4Kids got the opening so right when they dubbed Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh, but managed to gently caress up a bunch of their other shows' openings (One Piece, Tokyo Mew Mew) so badly.

Um gently caress you. Yo Ho Ho he took a bite of Gum Gum is a top 10 dub intro line.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Dexo posted:

Um gently caress you. Yo Ho Ho he took a bite of Gum Gum is a top 10 dub intro line.

I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it is pretty great. On the other, 4Kids stopped me from getting into One Piece for many years, and I'm sad to have missed out. V:shobon:V

Edit: Also, it's super infectious. Once I listen to it it's stuck in my head for hours.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The One Piece Rap would have been part of the pantheon of Good 4Kids openings (Shaman King, Ultimate Muscle, Pokemon) if not for the fact that they did in fact dub "We are" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrHO6DtFJ-Y) and, for all intents, everyone was sort of expecting that to open out the first episode of the 4kids dub and when we got the rap it sort of became the focal point for a lot of the (not at all undeserved, mind) anger towards the 4kids dub.

Not having Dan Green being the Narrator (as opposed to Eric Stewart) also sorta stings.

The 5D's opening sorta suffers the same thing because "Ride to Survive" is just that much better.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kaiba blew up his island after he lost his tournament.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://1157981433.deviantart.com/

This guy has plenty of HD renders from recent cards

Great stuff

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Why does that girl have a piplup

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

http://1157981433.deviantart.com/

This guy has plenty of HD renders from recent cards

Great stuff
he also has HD art of dark magician girl's rear end

great stuff

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Kaiba blew up his island after he lost his tournament.

I think the implication was that he was always going to (Last bit of lingering thing tying KC with it's previous Gozoboro ran incarnation and all that) but the way things played out made it look like it was all Sour Grapes over Yugi.

Actually, now that I think about it, blowing up the island is the last bit of real viliny Kaiba gets up to.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 7, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm starting season 4 (completely skipped the bullshit filler last episode where they didn't even show joey vs yugi) and I hope i don't regret not skipping this

edit: this is really bad and boring so far. I don't think I'm going to watch this. I might just move on to GX lol

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 7, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

mabels big day posted:

I'm starting season 4 (completely skipped the bullshit filler last episode where they didn't even show joey vs yugi) and I hope i don't regret not skipping this

I bet you'd love the last episode of GX.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

edit: this is really bad and boring so far. I don't think I'm going to watch this. I might just move on to GX lol

Is that when Weevil and Rex come back? I remember hating those episodes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the weevil duel owns just for MONSTER CARD! DRAW! MONSTER CARD! DRAW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

dogsicle posted:

Arc V has pleasantly surprised me with its music, especially the cheesy second ED sung by Yuuya and Reiji. Not that I've watched the entirety of any other series to compare, but 4 for 4 seems hard to beat.

Wait what? Is this in the show??

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Ok. Just finished the Yuuya vs. Kachidoki duel. Yeah, it is kind of obvious where this is going, and it is going to be loving glorious. How many seasons is this show up for?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

Wait what? Is this in the show??

Yeah i'm pretty sure the singers in the second ED are Yuya and Reiji's VA's.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 8, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yeah i'm pretty sure the singers in the second ED are Yuy and Reiji's VA's.

they are in fact Yuya and Reiji's VAs. Also Yuya and Yuto were voice by twins apparently.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

Ok. Just finished the Yuuya vs. Kachidoki duel. Yeah, it is kind of obvious where this is going, and it is going to be loving glorious. How many seasons is this show up for?

Most likely three years since that's what 5D's and ZeXal went on for and it gives a good 'era' worth of booster packs before introducing a new element to the card game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

they are in fact Yuya and Reiji's VAs. Also Yuya and Yuto were voice by twins apparently.

Yuto and Yugo, not Yuya. Yuto and Yugo are voiced by Manpei and Shinpei Takagi, respectively, who are indeed twins. Yuya is voiced by the totally unrelated Kensho Ono, who, as an entirely out of topic detail, has experience controlling an orange-red dragon with two stronger forms, one of which gets constantly ignored (seriously, where's Rune-Eyes?), being the voice of the protagonist of the Pokemon Mega Evolution specials, Alan.

Meanwhile Yuzu and Selena are voiced by the same person, which is more logical since they look the same (or so the series says...) and you'd expect them to sound the same too (though their VA gives Selena a rather deeper voice)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Silento posted:

The One Piece opening owns I don't know what you're talking about.

E: That's what I get for not checking to see if there's a new page.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Blaze Dragon posted:

Meanwhile Yuzu and Selena are voiced by the same person, which is more logical since they look the same (or so the series says...) and you'd expect them to sound the same too (though their VA gives Selena a rather deeper voice)

Yuzu and Selena look closer than Yuya and Yugo do. Hell, before they faded from Yuya's face into Yuto's, I didn't see it either.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I was watching Arc-V last night (really enjoying it so far) when the link on the streaming site redirected to Kirk Johnson fisting himself. I think that's the last time I stream anime.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

^You mean Kill la Kill Season 2 started?

Momomo posted:

Yuzu and Selena look closer than Yuya and Yugo do. Hell, before they faded from Yuya's face into Yuto's, I didn't see it either.

They're pretty decent cases of sameface, it's just that it's a children's anime so the budget means the faces aren't consistent enough even in the same characters and any person that watches anime is pretty much indoctrinated to see the ridiculous hair to distinguish characters since samefacing is a common way to save some money in character design for animation.
Arc-V does well in making most characters have widely different faces, there's nobody with a face quite like Gongenzaka or Yuzu's dad, and the kids are extremely different from one another.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, I'd rather watch Kirk Johnson too

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Up to Five Deez ep 24: I mentally insert Evanescence and Linkin Park songs as Akiza's theme music.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

Up to Five Deez ep 24: I mentally insert Evanescence and Linkin Park songs as Akiza's theme music.

That's because the dub doesn't have her theme which is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbQse2dOL0

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm up to 4 episodes of Arc-V and I love the designs of Stargazer and Timegazer magicians. Pendulum is a cool idea, but it seems really stupid in how much it can let you do, but hey I guess you actually need the cards to do it with first. I'm ready to see other people besides Yuya duel like Yuzu and Gongenzaka, but it's been fun so far.

Onmi posted:

This is one of the reasons you don't watch the 4Kids dub of 5Ds, the music is great.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 9, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Onmi posted:

Man, I forgot that 5D's was Yu-Gi-Oh! Club Mix :allears: that early soundtrack's amazing.

Jack Atlas' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibHU7K2mnVg

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

This is one of the reasons you don't watch the 4Kids dub of 5Ds, the music is great.

oh damnit, so I actually have to pay attention

fake edit: the main theme is marginally better so okay

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm up to 4 episodes of Arc-V and I love the designs of Stargazer and Timegazer magicians. Pendulum is a cool idea, but it seems really stupid in how much it can let you do, but hey I guess you actually need the cards to do it with first. I'm ready to see other people besides Yuya duel like Yuzu and Gongenzaka, but it's been fun so far.

The dub soundtrack had some good songs too, I think. I remember the composer had them up on his site to listen to and some were really good, about on par with the Japanese tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Beef Waifu posted:

If there's any real problem with Arc-V, it's this. Yuya is cool, but he hogs the spotlight for like, ever.